PDA

View Full Version : Dan patrick gives love to FCS title game

UNHFootballAlum
January 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM
On his radio show this morning, Dan Patrick said that he'd rather watch the FCS title game than the bowl game tonight. He planned to watch it tonight. he said that it is a championship game so of course he'd rather watch this game.

Good Pub for FCS

DetroitFlyer
January 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Dan Patrick is a proud graduate of an FCS school!

Franks Tanks
January 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Yes, your school.

Bam
January 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
He attended Eastern Kentucky University on a basketball scholarship for two years before transferring to the University of Dayton, where he majored in broadcast journalism.

UNHFootballAlum
January 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
He reaches millions of sports fans and helps to shape their viewing and listening habits, so I hope that his comments have some impact on the ratings for this game. Also if the Cotton Bowl is a blow out that will also help

Bam
January 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I will always remember (kind of) seeing Dan's & Lee Major's autographs adorning one of Richmond's finest drinking establishments during my EKU career. Two words----Dime draft!

LBPop
January 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
You know, a thought just occurred to me (yeah, it's a rare day). This is the week in the NFL when we start hearing about who has playoff experience and who doesn't. Well, many of those FCS players in the NFL (and the number seems to be growing) had playoff experience when they arrived in the NFL. None of the BCS players did (unless you count the BCS championship game players). So I wonder if there is a correlation. For example--was Flacco's success in his first playoff as a rookie in part made easier because he had played in the FCS playoffs? I have heard for years about NFL personnel people liking kids from big schools who played big time competition. Maybe they should also look a little differently at kids who actually participated in playoffs while in college. I'm not saying that it's a major criterion, but maybe it should go into the mix when evaluating for the draft. xchinscratchx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Colin Cowherd was talking about the game quite a bit since he's a EWU alum. He said he was "one of those big money boosters". I don't know if he was being sarcastic.

Scott Van Pelt made a few mentions too.

doolittledog
January 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Did any of them mention it's a shame the game can't be played closer to the east coast because that is where the majority of teams are locatedxlolx

Ivytalk
January 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Dan Patrick has credibility. That's good news! I hope the Cotton Bowl ratings tank!

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Dan Patrick is a proud graduate of an FCS school!

And my high school alma mater!

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I have always liked Dan Patrickxnodx

NIU007
January 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
As a fan of an FBS school, I haven't been watching the FCS games but I may have to start watching those, at least the championship game. Don't like the thought of the game between Auburn and Oregon being labeled as the 'championship game' for FBS when it is no such thing. It's kind of like picking New England and Atlanta to play in the Superbowl and forgoing the playoffs. And then they put it on ESPN instead of the regular channels? WTF?

Don't think I'm even going to watch that game. The only bowl games I watched this year included non-AQ teams.

Hammerhead
January 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
As we saw in the NFL wildcard round, you never know what will happen with a playoff. As for the games being on ESPN, it's all about the highest bidder instead of showcasing your game to the biggest number of fans possible.