PDA

View Full Version : Championship game on ESPN2 & ESPN2HD Friday night at 6 p.m. Central Time

blazrdog#1
January 6th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I remember when it was televised on Saturday.This Friday night thing IS a train wreck waiting to happen.Friday night is for HS football!xnodxxnodxESPN has changed college football for the WORSE!!!xnonoxxnonoxAnd we are stuck in B'ham with an abyssmal ESPN bowl game...Kentucky vs. Pittsburgh...this game WILL suck & blow just like the tv ratings for the FCS Championship game.Off with the heads of the CEO & Board of ESPN!!!xanim_chaixxanim_chaixxanim_chaixxanim_chai x

Fear the Bird
January 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
When was the last time the game was played on a Saturday?

GannonFan
January 6th, 2011, 11:13 AM
When was the last time the game was played on a Saturday?

Maybe 2001? This guy's post seems like a decade late. Maybe he was out of the country? And really, high school football? What high school football team is still playing?

danefan
January 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Friday is bad - NBA on ESPN contract and Cotton Bowl game
Saturday is bad - NFL playoffs and a bowl game
Sunday is bad - NFL playoffs

Friday is the best of the three evils IMO. Its unfortunate that ESPN is contractually obligated to put the NBA on ESPN and FCS gets stuck on ESPN2, but thems the breaks.

GannonFan
January 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Friday is bad - NBA on ESPN contract and Cotton Bowl game
Saturday is bad - NFL playoffs and a bowl game
Sunday is bad - NFL playoffs

Friday is the worst of the three evils IMO. Its unfortunate that ESPN is contractually obligated to put the NBA on ESPN and FCS gets stuck on ESPN2, but thems the breaks.

Huh? You don't think the NFL playoffs will outdraw regular season NBA hoops? Before your post, I wasn't even aware there was a bowl game on Saturday. I'm sure I'll never realize it this weekend as my TV will be glued to NFL games.

danefan
January 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Huh? You don't think the NFL playoffs will outdraw regular season NBA hoops? Before your post, I wasn't even aware there was a bowl game on Saturday. I'm sure I'll never realize it this weekend as my TV will be glued to NFL games.

Sorry - I meant to say Friday is the best of the three evils. Brain fart.

Edited now.

NHwildEcat
January 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
There is some lame bowel game on Sunday too with the Boston College screwballs playing in it out in the Bay area. I hate bowl games almost as much as I hate BC!

danefan
January 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM
There really is no ideal day to do it.

This Friday would have been almost perfect had the Cotton Bowl not changed its date. It would have been the only football game being played.

SpeedkingATL
January 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM
For me Friday night is the best time for the FCS Championship Game and I'm glad that at least it is being shown on ESPN2. To put it up against NFL playoff games on Saturday would be suicide for rating and likely for local attendance too.