PDA

View Full Version : Live from Frisco

Mr. C
January 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Here are a couple of new columns from on-site, deep in the heart of Texas, from College Sporting News. Look for plenty more as we count down to the national championship game on Friday night in Frisco.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?389-Planes-Trains-And-Automobiles

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?388-True-Confessions

DFW HOYA
January 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Welcome to "Baja Oklahoma".

BirdieJack
January 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Forecast for Friday in Frisco, TX.......62/40, sunny/clear!! Should be a nice night in TX for the D-1 NCAA Championship game...hope it's well attended! I know I'll be tuning in.

BTW...32 and chance of snow in Chatty.

Go Jacks!!

Tribe4SF
January 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM
"For all of those Frisco proponents who pointed out how quickly you could traverse the highways and byways between the two major Dallas airports and the northern reaches of this metropolis, I will point out that it took between an hour and 90 minutes to roll into Frisco."

Was it the height of rush hour, or were you in a pedi-cab?

chrisattsu
January 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
90 Minutes must have been the heart of rush hour with an accident on Hwy 121.

Note to others that are coming in--

Dallas is a major metropolitan area with a high volume of traffic traveling away from the major business districts to the extremities during rush hour. Expect delays or plan accordingly.

I can't wait for the game. The game will be played in "cold" weather (anything under 70) by Texas standards. Expect to see a bunch people bundled up in blankets, heavy jackets if it is in the 50s by game time.

DFW HOYA
January 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Traffic talk: There is a tollway directly connecting the airport to Frisco: state highway 121. Taking that road gets you to Frisco in less than 30 minutes and then it's 10 minutes north to the stadium. However, a shuttle taking connections east of the airport into the northern Dallas suburbs via I-35 or S.H. 190 and then up to Frisco could have made for a 90 minute drive.