PDA

View Full Version : N. Texas QB Eyes SLC, CAA Schools + Missouri St

TexasTerror
January 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Todd Dodge's son - Riley - is on the move and there are several FCS schools, including three in the Southland Conference - that are on his list...

Quarterback Riley Dodge has played his last down at North Texas.

Dodge, the former Southlake Carroll High star, told ESPNDallas.com that he will transfer from North Texas. His departure comes months after his father, Todd, was fired in midseason after going 6-37 in four-plus years as the Mean Green’s head coach.

“It just came down to me getting a fresh start,” Dodge said. “I’m very grateful for what North Texas has done for me.”

Dodge, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining, plans to go to Football Subdivision Championship program with a passing offense. The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4671553/riley-dodge-leaving-north-texas

Ud1Hens
January 4th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks but no thanks...

Regards,
Delaware

UNHFootballAlum
January 4th, 2011, 07:11 PM
When did JMU get a passing offense

Ud1Hens
January 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
When did JMU get a passing offense

Rumor has it they will be researching the forward pass during the offseason and may try it out come the fall.

th0m
January 5th, 2011, 04:24 AM
That's just hearsay guys ;)

ValleyBoy
January 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Might have been scared that he would loose job to former GSU QB.

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2011, 07:13 AM
To Lake Chuck...

Former North Texas quarterback Riley Dodge has committed to McNeese State, his father said in a text message.

Dodge decided to transfer from UNT last week, saying he intended to go to a Football Championship Subdivision school to continue playing quarterback. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining and will begin classes at his new school next week.

McNeese State, which went 6-5 last season, has qualified for the FCS playoffs in 13 of the last 17 seasons and played in the national championship game twice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post?id=4671736

DG Cowboy
January 12th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Is this the guy Texas offered, but he chose to go with his dad to NT?

McNeese72
January 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Is this the guy Texas offered, but he chose to go with his dad to NT?

Yes!!

BlueHenSinfonian
January 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Nice pick up for McNeese. I didn't get a chance to see y'all play this year, but adding some talent shouldn't hurt your chances to climb back to your rightful place at the top of the SLC.

DG Cowboy
January 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks, we hope your assessment comes true.

GrabbAnAxe
January 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I'm not so sure this is as good of a pick-up as it looks like on paper, for either party, and it is very puzzling. Growing up in the Southlake Carroll HS program since junior high, I'm really not sure Dodge has ever taken a snap from under center. He has run the exact same offense for literally his entire life and now he wants to switch to a pro-style, balanced offense? I just don't get it.

For those of you that have had a chance to watch him, there is no doubt he is a winner, but he has mediocre arm strength, is undersized and has had some injury issues during his time at NT. I just don't understand how he translates well to what McNeese State tries to do offensively, unless he is going there to play receiver, which it doesn't seem as though he was transferring down a level to do.

Hopefully it works out well for him, because lord knows things have been tough on him and his family with the way things have gone for his father at NT the last few seasons. I just think from a football standpoint there were a number of other schools that he could have went to that would have been a better fit for him.

DG Cowboy
January 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Good points GrabbAnAxe.

I suspect Riley and his dad felt like Matt Viator was a good fit.