Bronco
January 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Hens are plucked
Eagles 28 Hens 24

cowboy91
January 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
EWU 37
Delaware 13

Of course Delaware hasn't allowed more than 28 through 14 games but you never know.

Oh, they have also allowed less than 37 in the playoffs in total. (33)

achrist70
January 3rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
It is been basketball season too long, I forgot this game was even happening, guess that is what happens when your team doesn't show up in the playoffs.

T-Dog
January 3rd, 2011, 11:07 PM
EWU 21
UD 7

bulldog
January 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Chickens 34
Redbirds 17

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 4th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Going with the team that beat my team....just barely..xsmhxxsmhx

EWU: 27-24

spdram
January 4th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Blue beats the Red 34-24 (Had to at least stick with our colors).

UncleSam
January 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Seems to be alot of wishful thinking (predictions). Reality says... Delaware 34 EWU 20

AppAlum2003
January 4th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Wait, there's another game coming up? xconfusedx

xxmasx is over, though.

xgiveadamnx

GannonFan
January 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hens 35, Eagles 21.

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
seems to be alot of Bluehen envy around here..
Delaware 24
EWU 14

AshevilleApp2
January 4th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I predict that the three week layoff makes this the least anticipated NC game in years.

I-16Bandit
January 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
EWU - 24
UD - 20

GannonFan
January 4th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I predict that the three week layoff makes this the least anticipated NC game in years.

So says the guy who's team is not in the game.

ngineer
January 4th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Delaware 27
EWU 20

bluehenbillk
January 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hens 30 - Eagles 20

AshevilleApp2
January 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM
So says the guy who's team is not in the game.

So says I. xnodx

What do you think? After waiting for nearly a month, and a full cycle of Bowl games, do you think this game has the same buzz as previous games? 2007 for instance?

I-16Bandit
January 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
What do you think? After waiting for nearly a month, and a full cycle of Bowl games, do you think this game has the same buzz as previous games? 2007 for instance?

I actually agree with this.

GannonFan
January 4th, 2011, 01:24 PM
So says I. xnodx

It's more buzz worthy than last year's game. And more than the year before that. Sure '07 was a big buzz, may have been one of the biggest buzz's ever, but that was a unique game - two big programs with huge fanbases and with plenty of storylines (win over Michigan, Armanti, Flacco, Cuff, et al, sold out Chatty, ticket fiascoes, etc). But I don't recall any championship game approaching that level of buzz. If you're just going to critize a game because it's not the biggest buzz game ever, well, then you're bound to be pretty disappointed most of the time.

And like I said, I just detect it has more to do with your team not being in the game - the fact that you bring up '07 as your point of reference just reinforces that perception. Things are pretty hyped in Blue Hen land so we're all good here.

Apps03
January 4th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Delaware 24
EWU 14

Posts like these create the posts you're criticizing...

DFW HOYA
January 4th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Latest local story about the game.

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/frisco-morning-roundup-for-jan-17.html

gsugt1
January 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
EWU 31
UD 17

tribefan40
January 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Let's see...do I want to hear the Hens fans boast for eight months or cry... I'm gonna go with boast. xpeacex

Udel - 28
EWU - 17

AshevilleApp2
January 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
It's more buzz worthy than last year's game. And more than the year before that. Sure '07 was a big buzz, may have been one of the biggest buzz's ever, but that was a unique game - two big programs with huge fanbases and with plenty of storylines (win over Michigan, Armanti, Flacco, Cuff, et al, sold out Chatty, ticket fiascoes, etc). But I don't recall any championship game approaching that level of buzz. If you're just going to critize a game because it's not the biggest buzz game ever, well, then you're bound to be pretty disappointed most of the time.

And like I said, I just detect it has more to do with your team not being in the game - the fact that you bring up '07 as your point of reference just reinforces that perception. Things are pretty hyped in Blue Hen land so we're all good here.

Perception doesn't equate with reality in this case. Would you prefer that I use 2003 as a more appropriate example? I'm not criticizing the game because of the teams involved, or not involved for that matter. Three weeks between the semifinals and championship in any sport is too damned long and kills the "buzzworthiness" of that event. Two weeks is a stretch in my opinion.

appstate38
January 4th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Sadly I have lost interest because the game has taken so long to get here.... But in keeping in the spirit of the thread.

East Coast 24
West Coast 17

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Perception doesn't equate with reality in this case. Would you prefer that I use 2003 as a more appropriate example? I'm not criticizing the game because of the teams involved, or not involved for that matter. Three weeks between the semifinals and championship in any sport is too damned long and kills the "buzzworthiness" of that event. Two weeks is a stretch in my opinion.

It's kind of like getting punched in the nuts - it doesn't matter until it happens to you.

I'm thankful for the 3 week gap - it allows time to plan travel/the team to heal, but I think the fact that the holidays fell how they fell had something to do with it.

I don't expect random college football fans, much less I-AA fans without a dog in the fight to care when it's being played.

UNH72Plus
January 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm certainly more excited about watching this game than some FBS "bowl" game with two teams with 6-6 records.

wapiti
January 4th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Eagles 17
Hens 38

As much as I would like to see EWU win this, I feel that UD is the better team.
Plus EWU will not have their red field to hide on.

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Off-topic, but what area is your sig a picture from, wapiti?

Tod
January 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Not what I want to happen, but:

UD - 31
EWU - 21

boonegoon
January 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Personally, I have lost a little interest in the game. Is it the layoff or the fact my team isn't in it? A little of both, I'm afraid. I would say even in if App was in the final I would be a little muted as well. I hope that these teams are able to keep up the momentum they had way back in 2010. I hope rust and nerves don't make this a mistake filled game that seems more like a second tier bowl game than what it really is. A Championship.

Pulling for Eagles but Hens win. 38-24.

GannonFan
January 4th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Not any less buzz this year than in '03. Next?

UMass922
January 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Delaware 28
E. Wash 19

I'm glad the game is finally almost here, but the wait is going to take some getting used to.

Panther88
January 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I predict weather - 7; fans 0. :( At one point the localers were calling for a 70% chance of rain. It's now reduced to 40% but it's looking like rain in the forecast for sure.

Cocky
January 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Delaware 24
EWU 14

Seems to be more eagle envy more are predicting a hen win or hoping for one.

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Seems to be more eagle envy more are predicting a hen win or hoping for one.

Nothing to envy when it comes to EWU.

Nebuta
January 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM
UD 20-EWU 10. Both teams come out flat due to the long wait for the game. UD gets its 2nd FCS (1-AA) title and 7th NC.

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Going to predict 30-20 Delaware.

Would not be shocked if EWU wins the game, but with the experience factor and a stronger defense (33 points allowed in the playoffs in total), and Devlin, can't go against them.

bleedblue
January 4th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Sounds like the rain is now on saturday. Friday sounds like it's gonna be nice. WFAA out of Dallas is saying high 61 and clear in Frisco. Weather.com saying partly sunny and high 61. I would figure game time will be low to mid 40's with very little chance of rain. Of course that can change. Would suck to have rain on a real grass surface but I think we will be ok.

As for prediction I agree with another poster about both being flat because of the layoff. I'll say at half UD(10) ewu(7) and final UD(27) ewu(17). Just a guess.

dudeitsaid
January 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Delaware 21, EWU 3 at the half. Eagles get the ball back at the half, and create some turnovers, get back into the game. Down 38-30 with less than a minute to go, score a touchdown, miss the extra point, onside kick and recover, complete a couple of passes, kick a long game winning field goal as time expires, as the Eagles fans have another heart attack, and then just accept that that's been the Eagles way this season. Final score, 39-38 Eagles.

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Delaware 21, EWU 3 at the half. Eagles get the ball back at the half, and create some turnovers, get back into the game. Down 38-30 with less than a minute to go, score a touchdown, miss the extra point, onside kick and recover, complete a couple of passes, kick a long game winning field goal as time expires, as the Eagles fans have another heart attack, and then just accept that that's been the Eagles way this season. Final score, 39-38 Eagles.

http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!Bkes0u!CGk~$(KGrHqMOKjEEsmh(FUrdBL(vsmLBUg~~_35.J PG

Screamin_Eagle174
January 4th, 2011, 10:43 PM
EWU 31-27 UD

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
31 points...xnonox

Screamin_Eagle174
January 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Don't give a S if you don't agree with it, it's gonna happen. xthumbsupx

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Hasn't happened yet. 28 is the most points they've given up all year. You could be right but I doubt it.

Tod
January 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hasn't happened yet. 28 is the most points they've given up all year. You could be right but I doubt it.

Do you consider the fact that this should, by default, be Delaware's toughest game of the year?

I-16Bandit
January 4th, 2011, 11:07 PM

I'm pulling for EW, but damn man. 36 points in just the last half?

I think this actually might be a low scoring, close game.

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Do you consider the fact that this should, by default, be Delaware's toughest game of the year?

UD can give up 31 points, I don't really care as long as they have at least 32.

I'm not sure if this will be Delaware's "toughest" game of the year.

James Madison, Georgia Southern, William and Mary, UMass, Villanova, and New Hampshire I would guess would be "tougher".

dudeitsaid
January 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I'm pulling for EW, but damn man. 36 points in just the last half?

I think this actually might be a low scoring, close game.

The Eagles just haven't done much conventionally this year. If it's going to be anything, it's going to be something unlikely, that will leave a lot of people scratching their heads, saying, "Wow, I didn't expect that." I know conventional wisdom says low scoring, UD winning, etc. Eastern just hasn't fit into any boxes this year. But like I said, it'll be the causing of turnovers that will cause the momentum to shift. When these guys get down, they just find a way to scrap, and make things happen. If it isn't 39-38, it'll be 2-0, Eagles scoring the only points of the game on a safety in overtime. :)

dudeitsaid
January 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
UD can give up 31 points, I don't really care as long as they have at least 32.

I'm not sure if this will be Delaware's "toughest" game of the year.

James Madison, Georgia Southern, William and Mary, UMass, Villanova, and New Hampshire I would guess would be "tougher".

I'd agree that just because it is the championship game, it doesn't make either team by default the toughest, at least by looking at history. For example, in 2007, EWU killed #2 McNeese St in the first round, and then came within 3 points of App St. James Madison was an even tougher match up for App, as they only won by one point. And then App rolled all over Richmond in the Semis, and Delaware in the championship. In 08, Richmond won the NC by 3 scores. In 03, Delaware blanked Colgate 40 to 0 in the NC. There are some great, tough NC's in history. And then there are some absolute blowouts. No matter what, I hope this game is one where both teams play good football, keep in interesting and exciting, and represent FCS football well to the nation.

cowboy91
January 5th, 2011, 02:05 AM
The whole CAA being a tough conference thing isn't just something to put in the newspapers or put on a t-shirt. Even a "bad" team beat Virginia Tech.

If you could somehow kick Towson and Rhode Island out and put Appalachian State and Georgia Southern in it would be the single most dominant conference in America.

AshevilleApp2
January 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Not any less buzz this year than in '03. Next?

Wrong buddy, but that's okay. Good luck in the game.

HenZoneNation
January 5th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm not putting anything past EWU at all. I really do think they're a very good team. But the thing I keep going back to over and over again is how much they've lost without Jones. I was listening to last weeks Keeler Show and he was saying that even though he's a Junior at the FCS level, he might leave early and if he does, would most likely be the top FCS player taken this year. That's how good he is...That's an insane loss.

When I look back at '03 and '07 and trying to picture us losing Andy Hall or Joe Flacco, our best players and then having to rely on Germaine Bennet and Omar Cuff to carry the load by themselves, it's mind boggling. Yes, I know their QB's, but these were NFL guys and at our level losing one at any position is so hard to come back from. In '07 we lost our starting LT before the NC and had to start a 265 pound freshmen...that hurt...but having Talley and Marcorelle barely able to run, to NFL talents, murdered us and AE and Richardson went crazy. Losing Jones would be like Appy losing AE or Nova losing Szczur...or us losing Pat. He's you're best player and he isn't playing.

I know that EWU can win this game. They have a very good D, their QB and receivers are very good, and they did beat Nova without Jones...but with our D having three weeks to heal, three weeks to prepare for #25, and having the best QB in the country...I don't see it happening.

UncleSam
January 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM

Maybe, but maybe not, UD has faced numerous teams with tougher defenses than EWU.

wapiti
January 5th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Off-topic, but what area is your sig a picture from, wapiti?

South of Bozeman looking back at the Bridgers. I did not take the picture, but it looks like it is along either Highland Blvd or E Kagy.
I need to get a better picture of the Bridgers in my sig.

EDIT: New picture is looking south at the North end of the Crazys.

DG Cowboy
January 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I think EWU needs 4 UD turnovers to win. Less than that and UD is the victor. I prefer the old game a week format, with the NC having the night to itself. This one doesn't even have the city to itself that night with LSU-Texas A&M playing also.

DFW HOYA
January 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
A check on Ticketmaster still has tickets between the 20's, so there will be walk up sales.

Rekdiver
January 5th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I keep hearing the same old tired UD/CAA drivel about how they are going to destroy the competition. I heard it twice in Chattanooga........
EWU is on a mission and I think they will win espeically after the beating they gave Nova........

HenZoneNation
January 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I keep hearing the same old tired UD/CAA drivel about how they are going to destroy the competition. I heard it twice in Chattanooga........
EWU is on a mission and I think they will win espeically after the beating they gave Nova........

Thank you fo that insightful analysis...you really went above and beyond on your post...we get it, APPY was the greatest from 2005-2007...Now, aside from this...

EWU has some great playmakers and I think their coach was spot on...if Mitchell can handle going against "the best" secondary in the FCS and can stick to their game plan they will be fine. If they can't, it will be a long day. I wonder if that's the case...unlike the All-American filled Appy defense, our's are legit. They'll have to be though because EWU WR's make plays...and there QB makes plays...

I'm confident in our team this year. We have 8-10 guys who've been to an NC an came up short. I see that as an advantage over a team who probably doesn't have many players who've made it this far.

GannonFan
January 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM

You just sound bitter. I mean, who would've bet money that UD would be back in the title game before Appy St was. That's cool. I mean, you heard the same "drivel" in '08 and again this year (both in Boone) and it turned out to be true. No biggie.

UncleSam
January 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
You just sound bitter. I mean, who would've bet money that UD would be back in the title game before Appy St was. That's cool. I mean, you heard the same "drivel" in '08 and again this year (both in Boone) and it turned out to be true. No biggie.

True, all we heard last year was how the Montana/ASU semi was really for the FCS title, no way the slow, plodding CAA could ever defeat either of those juggernauts. Then again this year more of the same, Delaware hasn't seen a squad with the quickness and speed of the GSU defense. Just plain BS, there's a reason the CAA has had a team in the finals 7 out of the 8 past years and obviously some here are plainly a little 'green' around their gills.

md64179
January 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
UD-27
EWU-24

Tuscon
January 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM

Not too sure if we were watching the same EWU v Villanova game... Villanova played an extremely sloppy game vs a team that just seemed to be playing par football. EWU has got their stuff together, but I don't think it will be enough to beat Delaware in the NC. UD would have to be pretty sloppy for that to happen. You can cross your fingers though.

cowboy91
January 5th, 2011, 10:46 PM

And Delaware isn't "on a mission"?

What "beating" did they give Villanova? The one where without their top star and their QB injured and even after 6 Villanova turnovers, EWU didn't put the game away until the final minute? That "beating"? I guess allowing 31 points to a banged up Villanova team is a "beating".

Was it anything like the "beating" Delaware gave to Georgia Southern?

CrazyCat
January 5th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'll take EWU by 3. No reasoning, no stat analysis. I simply want the Eagles to win. I hope it's an exciting game with good attendance and a really good rating on ESPN so they will pay a little more attention to us.

I-16Bandit
January 5th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Not too sure if we were watching the same EWU v Villanova game... Villanova played an extremely sloppy game vs a team that just seemed to be playing par football. EWU has got their stuff together, but I don't think it will be enough to beat Delaware in the NC. UD would have to be pretty sloppy for that to happen. You can cross your fingers though.

Did Nova play sloppy, or did their "superman" Szczur not get much playtime? And what about Delaware? Was Georgia Southern solid in their game when Delaware played them?

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2011, 07:47 AM

hope you enjoy watching the CAA bring home another Championship... lets go Delaware xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

HenZoneNation
January 6th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Did Nova play sloppy, or did their "superman" Szczur not get much playtime? And what about Delaware? Was Georgia Southern solid in their game when Delaware played them?

Did you actually watch the game? Nova had 4 turnovers without any contact from EWU players at all. They just dropped the ball. The risk with TO is always that when you're forced to pitch, bad things could happen. The better TO teams are often times the ones who can run both inside well, but also pitch the ball effectively under duress.

I think what you're missing is not that Nova and GSU had tunrovers...they did...what you're missing is that even with the Turnovers Nova almost won that game...We handled GSU...

At least CrazyCat is up front when he says he doesn't have any real reasons why EWU will win aside from he just wants it to happen...follow his lead.

HENJOHN
January 6th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I have alot of respect for EWU having seen them 3 times this year. I think there will be more offense in the game than KC wants forcing us to open up some, but I will pick UD to win in a good, hard fought game by 34-21.

Tuscon
January 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM

They played sloppy AND "superman" Szczur got little playtime AND their quarterback was playing injured. You can't say 6 turnovers isn't sloppy.

Rekdiver
January 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
EWU caused Superman's injury and aggravagated the QB's injury. Even with EWU's sloppy play they embarrased the better team much like Richmond did to App in Boon in '09. I do admit that I was very dissapointed in Nova's effort agains EWU. I thought the team was playing not to lose rather than what they did against Montana and App.

Not bitter here at all, I just believe that historically that UD talk has exceeded the accomplishments and talent of their team.

Go EWU!!!!

HenZoneNation
January 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
EWU caused Superman's injury and aggravagated the QB's injury. Even with EWU's sloppy play they embarrased the better team much like Richmond did to App in Boon in '09. I do admit that I was very dissapointed in Nova's effort agains EWU. I thought the team was playing not to lose rather than what they did against Montana and App.

Not bitter here at all, I just believe that historically that UD talk has exceeded the accomplishments and talent of their team.

Go EWU!!!!

What talk has UD had that exceeded our accomplishments? If you've been on any of our message boards over the last two years you would have heard plenty of people who weren't RAH RAH about our program and for good reason. If you're referring to '07...we made it to the NC game. Because we lost we can't celebrate that our team made it that far? We've been to the NC 3 times in 9 years and if we win Friday...when we win Friday...we'll have 1 less NC than you.

I just find it funny that an App fan is complaining about UD over-exceeding accomplishments...weren't you the guys that went on and on and on about how much better a quarterback AE was than Joe?

Tuscon
January 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM

Isn't that true of all teams? To tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with UD's offense in the GS game(The only one I watched). Their defense held it down and GS had too many turnovers.

cowboy91
January 6th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Isn't that true of all teams? To tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with UD's offense in the GS game(The only one I watched). Their defense held it down and GS had too many turnovers.

When you don't throw more than 2 times in the 2nd half because you're trying to keep Georgia Southern's offense off the field I guess the offense won't be "impressive".

Expect to see a lot of running by Delaware, hopefully with a level of success, to keep EWU's offense on the sidelines. If they do that and if they can protect the ball they should be fine.

Tuscon
January 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
When you don't throw more than 2 times in the 2nd half because you're trying to keep Georgia Southern's offense off the field I guess the offense won't be "impressive".

Expect to see a lot of running by Delaware, hopefully with a level of success, to keep EWU's offense on the sidelines. If they do that and if they can protect the ball they should be fine.

Good point. Like I said, it's the only game I saw this season. And with the defense doing its job shutting GS down, there was no reason to risk putting on a show.

HenZoneNation
January 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Stop using LOGIC cowboy91...it's not wanted here....

ud_hens
January 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM

What else did you wan the UD Offense to do that day, cartwheels/backflips? Scored 27 pts on a D that averaged 17.8 going in to the game, Rushed for 179 net yds on a team giving up 123/game. QB completes 70% of his passes to 8 different receivers. Yup, not impressive at all.

Tuscon
January 6th, 2011, 10:21 AM
What else did you wan the UD Offense to do that day, cartwheels/backflips? Scored 27 pts on a D that averaged 17.8 going in to the game, Rushed for 179 net yds on a team giving up 123/game. QB completes 70% of his passes to 8 different receivers. Yup, not impressive at all.

Cartwheels and backflips would have been pretty impressive.

GannonFan
January 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Seriously - UD just ran all over GSU, especially in the 2nd half. Totally dominated the line of scrimmage after halftime. And this against a GSU defense that, rightfully so, was very, very good. Look for UD's offensive line to win a lot of battles on Friday night as well - they're peaking at the right time.

UncleSam
January 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
UD's last two opponents, UNH and GSU both played very tough defense, but even so UD was able to strongly establish their running game in the 2d half of each of those games. Maybe EWU will prove me wrong, but I don't see the Eagle's defense, which has given up over 26 points a game in this year's playoffs, being near the class of either UNH or GSU's 'D'. Barring a Nova like avalanche of turnovers, I expect UD to score 30+ tomorrow night, but the real question is.... how well will EWU's potent offense perform vs a UD defense that has given up less than 12 points a game during regular season and just 11 points per game in the playoffs???

JROCK98
January 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'm interested to see if both teams come out rusty after the long break. It seems alot of times teams seem rusty after a bye week in the regular season. I think a long break hurts teams who are on a roll and really clicking....that can be lost in 3 weeks!!
Good thing is both teams have had the same lay off so no excuses can be made either way.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I'm interested to see if both teams come out rusty after the long break. It seems alot of times teams seem rusty after a bye week in the regular season. . .

I do see the Delaware Offense starting slow, it took us a while to get untracked against UNH.... Good thing our D is so good

bulldog
January 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I expect Pierce to have a big game.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?135-Live-Blog-FCS-National-Championship-Delaware-vs.-Eastern-Washington-Pizza-Hut-Park

My preview of the FCS National Championship game. Enjoy.

Also, log into this the live blog of the proceedings, complete with expert commentary as the game is unfolding!

bulldog
January 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I agree, except I see Pierce having a big day. I think the UD O-line will create openings that will get AP 5+ yards per tote, and Devlin's arm threat will keep the EWU D honest, creating opportunities for AP to get a few long runs. I think EWU is going to give up some real estate on the ground for respect of Devlin's arm.

Fear the Bird
January 7th, 2011, 01:27 PM
yadda yadda yadda...

Do we just let anybody on the boards these days? I feel like not only this week but the last month or so, mostly since the playoffs have started there have been a large number of uneducated posters who only try to talk trash because they have nothing better to do all day.

boonegoon
January 7th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Cartwheels and backflips would have been pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-FYmzhMyE

My alma mater. Makes me proud.

Tuscon
January 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-FYmzhMyE

My alma mater. Makes me proud.

You, sir, just won one internet.

NHwildEcat
January 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
UD 21, EWU 16. I think people are thinking this is going to be a track meet...having seen what UD can do on defense...I highly doubt anyone scores more then 3 TD's.

TheValleyRaider
January 7th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Delaware

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
BLUE 40 RED 0
SOUTHERN yadda yadda yadda....

SOUTHERN yadda yadda yadda....

I don't understand. Southern? Southern Conferance? Georgia Southern? I don't see the relavancy.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM
hope Delaware comes out smokin hot on offense, but probably not gonna happen after 3 week layoff

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
hope Delaware comes out smokin hot on offense, but probably not gonna happen after 3 week layoff

I think they did.

Tod
January 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I think they did.

True. Can't believe there's not a thread for this game.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
True. Can't believe there's not a thread for this game.

threads can distract from a big game like this