PDA

View Full Version : How long does Frisco have the title game?

GSU Eagle
December 23rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
What is it:
2 years with an option for a 3rd?
3 years with an option for a 4th?
Or just 2 of 3 years period?

GannonFan
December 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
I don't know about the options, but I've always seen it listed as being in Frisco for 3 years.

SFA 71
December 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
I don't know about the options, but I've always seen it listed as being in Frisco for 3 years.

HOORAY. That's great. xhurrayx

Sam Minuteman
December 23rd, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'm sure Frisco is going to be a good place to hold the game, but I can't say I am thrilled about FCS sharing the spotlight with the Cotton Bowl.......

I-16Bandit
December 23rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
I second that about the Cotton Bowl sharing.

I think there could be a more central location.

AAadict
December 24th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I'm sure Frisco is going to be a good place to hold the game, but I can't say I am thrilled about FCS sharing the spotlight with the Cotton Bowl.......

The problem is not just the spotlight but also costs. Rates have gone up on many flights, rooms, etc. In this great big country of ours the NCAA choose to put the Cotton Bowl in the same city on the same night as the FCS NC. Minor detail to them I'm sure.

TexasTerror
December 24th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I am pretty sure it is for three years...

Doubt the NCAA moves it before that time is up...

McNeese72
December 24th, 2010, 03:04 PM
The problem is not just the spotlight but also costs. Rates have gone up on many flights, rooms, etc. In this great big country of ours the NCAA choose to put the Cotton Bowl in the same city on the same night as the FCS NC. Minor detail to them I'm sure.

You actually think the NCAA controls the bowl games and what day and time they are???

Doc

chattanoogamocs
December 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
It is either 3 years of 2 years with an option for a 3rd...the NCAA always has a back out policy written in to its contracts...but it would have to be something pretty disastrous for it to move early. Having the early back out clause give the NCAA leverage to make further demands on the host committee if they don't like something.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM
What is it:
2 years with an option for a 3rd?
3 years with an option for a 4th?
Or just 2 of 3 years period?

I know it's 2011 without The Optionxthumbsdownx, 2012-13 WITH The Optionxnodx

BlueHenSinfonian
December 24th, 2010, 07:17 PM
The funky scheduling of the game this year is only due to New Years and Christmas both falling on Saturdays. Next year Christmas falls on a Sunday, so there is no reason that the championship game can't be the week after the semifinals like it has always been, so we won't have to deal with interference from bowl games.

AAadict
December 24th, 2010, 07:56 PM
The funky scheduling of the game this year is only due to New Years and Christmas both falling on Saturdays. Next year Christmas falls on a Sunday, so there is no reason that the championship game can't be the week after the semifinals like it has always been, so we won't have to deal with interference from bowl games.

From what I have read this is not true. Jan. 6th in 2012 and Jan. 4th in 2013 are the future Frisco dates. 2014 is t.b.d.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM
From what I have read this is not true. Jan. 6th in 2012 and Jan. 4th in 2013 are the future Frisco dates. 2014 is t.b.d.

Chattanooga is easier driving distance for the majority of FCS schools, especially those most likely to be in the game. The Big Sky will fly anyway. I remember trying to figure out in 1985 why Ga Southern and Furman were playing in Tacoma, WA. Ga Southern and Furman played again in 1988 a little closer in Pocatello, ID. A city like Charlotte would be ideal for SoCon, CAA, Missouri Valley, OVC, MEAC, Patriot, and Big South.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 24th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'd like to see it in Charleston at Johnson-Hagood. Decent location travel wise for most teams. Beautiful city, plenty of things to do and places to stay. The stadium has just been renovated and it's nice. Plus you have the weather factor. (oh yea, can't forget that there are some FINE women in Charleston too!).

Other ideas:

Move it back to Chatty. From what everyone said, they did a fantastic job hosting the game and made a big deal about it in Chattanooga.

Lynchburg, VA @ Liberty. Nice stadium that was just expanded. GREAT location for most of FCS. Greyhound and Amtrak station in Lynchburg. Good amount of places to stay. Weather wise it's a throw up. But that's what happens when you play football anywhere but a very southern state in January.

McNeese72
December 25th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well, you guys get those cities and sites to bid on the NC game next time around and, if they come up with a better bid, they'll get it. If they don't put in a better bid, if Frisco bids on it again, then it might stay in Frisco.

Doc

Redhawk2010
December 25th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I'd like to see it in Charleston at Johnson-Hagood. Decent location travel wise for most teams. Beautiful city, plenty of things to do and places to stay. The stadium has just been renovated and it's nice. Plus you have the weather factor. (oh yea, can't forget that there are some FINE women in Charleston too!).

Other ideas:

Move it back to Chatty. From what everyone said, they did a fantastic job hosting the game and made a big deal about it in Chattanooga.

Lynchburg, VA @ Liberty. Nice stadium that was just expanded. GREAT location for most of FCS. Greyhound and Amtrak station in Lynchburg. Good amount of places to stay. Weather wise it's a throw up. But that's what happens when you play football anywhere but a very southern state in January.

Common theme: EAST COAST. I for one am happy it's being played in Texas.

SFA 71
December 25th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Common theme: EAST COAST. I for one am happy it's being played in Texas.

Would you like to go together with me & buy those guys some cheese to go with their whine? Unless they get it back in the East, they're just not going to let it go.xnonono2x

SoCon48
December 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Would you like to go together with me & buy those guys some cheese to go with their whine? Unless they get it back in the East, they're just not going to let it go.xnonono2x

We're using logic rather than homering for closest to a few FCS schools. Wait and see what a dumbass decision this turns out to be. If it wasn't broken it shouldn't have been destroyed..I mean fixed.

SoCon48
December 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Well, you guys get those cities and sites to bid on the NC game next time around and, if they come up with a better bid, they'll get it. If they don't put in a better bid, if Frisco bids on it again, then it might stay in Frisco.

Doc

That's the problem with the sukky bidding process. The NCAA would have it in Pocatello, Idaho if the bid was great enough. Oh that's right they actually did one year

Redhawk2010
December 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM
We're using logic rather than homering for closest to a few FCS schools. Wait and see what a dumbass decision this turns out to be. If it wasn't broken it shouldn't have been destroyed..I mean fixed.

Is it not done by bidding? If Frisco offered the best bid, then they get it. Pretty simple, no?

And do you all think the NCAA D3 championship should be moved too? I mean why play it in Virginia? That's not close to Mt. Union or UW-Whitewater...

The championships should be played in the middle of the leagues or it should rotate around.

SoCon48
December 26th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Only? Didn't the extra games have a little somnething to do with it?

SFA 71
December 26th, 2010, 09:22 PM
And what would you consider evidence that it was a "dumbass decision?" If I'm not mistaken, when they first started playing the game in TN, over half the people on here complained about "that" decision & the poor support the game got there. Wait until the Frisco site flops, THEN complain. You can say it"s logic all you wantxdeadhorsex
but most people west of the Mississippi are happy for the change. Around here we consider your complaints sour grapes.xtwocentsx

BlueHenSinfonian
December 26th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The championships should be played in the middle of the leagues

That is pretty much what the situation was with Chatty. Check out these maps of all football playing schools: clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football). On the FCS map, Chatty is pretty much dead on the weighted center of the league (i.e. pulled a little bit off the pure center due to the vast majority of schools playing FCS ball being in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic/Southeast). No matter where the game is put, it will inconvenience someone, but does it make more sense to put a few western schools out (whose fanbases are more used to traveling anyway because everything is so spread out in those states) or to make it more difficult for the other 90% of the division, especially considering that the eastern states are in the title game far more often than the western.