PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FCS National Championship: Delaware vs. Eastern Washington

theasushow
December 18th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Wow, what a crazy season it has been. I have a feeling the crowd is going to be a real let down in Texas, it's just toooo far away from these 2 schools. none-the-less, best of luck to both teams! I really think it will be a great game.

Proud Griz Man
December 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
+1 Good luck Birds.xnodx

superman7515
December 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM
+1 Good luck Birds.xnodx

Thanks! xthumbsupx

TwoFeathers
December 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM
This is going to be a tough one. Both teams looked very good against their respective competition this weekend. I didn't think Eastern Washington would have that easy a game against Villanova. They deserve alot of credit for that. As well as Delaware for dismantling a very potent Ga Southern offense.

Go Cats
December 18th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Great to see the big sky conference represented again! GO EAGLES!!

BearsCountry
December 18th, 2010, 06:50 PM
And just think Frisco, TX is almost exactly located between both of them.

ngineer
December 18th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Other than if the finalist was UNH, you couldn't get two schools farther away from each--Washington and Delaware! Ironic the game is about an even trip for both in the first year at a new site. Hope the weather cooperates and we have a even playing field. Who will be the referees?? OVC, SoCon?

superman7515
December 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Delaware Stadium to Pizza Hut Park = 1426.1 miles
Woodward Field to Pizza Hut Park = 1870.8 miles

About as neutral field as you can get.

bluehenbillk
December 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I'll be there, already booked the flight. Surprised to be playing EWU - their offense sure looked good against Nova. We have 20 days to get ready for this one.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Wow, what a crazy season it has been. I have a feeling the crowd is going to be a real let down in Texas, it's just toooo far away from these 2 schools.

Does anyone have numbers for the semifinal games attendance? Just from the TV it looks like there were about 14,000 - 16,000 at UD today.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I'll be there, already booked the flight. Surprised to be playing EWU - their offense sure looked good against Nova. We have 20 days to get ready for this one.

I'll be there as well as Austin is a 2.5 hour drive from Frisco. I'm sooooooooo looking forward to a great game!!!

tribe_pride
December 18th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have numbers for the semifinal games attendance? Just from the TV it looks like there were about 14,000 - 16,000 at UD today.

According to the Delaware site, the announced attendance was 10,317.

http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/football/2010Stats/fb10-14.htm

darell1976
December 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Good luck to both teams. But as a new fan of the Big Sky Conference I will be cheering for our new conference foe the Eagles of Eastern Washington. Go Eagles and Go Big Sky!!!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 10:21 PM
6600 according to the box score listed on the EWU Athletics website.

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-11/Statistics/12-17-10.htm

jmufan999
December 18th, 2010, 11:23 PM
i think there will be some UD fans that think they will run away with it, i disagree. EWU absolutely can win this, that was a tough looking team we saw the other night. UD fans will cry about this and make some negative comment about me, don't really care though. it's just a prediction, people. simmer.

EWU 24
UD 21 - OT

Tubby Raymond
December 19th, 2010, 05:30 AM
i think there will be some UD fans that think they will run away with it, i disagree. EWU absolutely can win this, that was a tough looking team we saw the other night. UD fans will cry about this and make some negative comment about me, don't really care though. it's just a prediction, people. simmer.

EWU 24
UD 21 - OT
Self absorbed much. What would make you think any of us would give a rats azz about your notions of the game swami

Redhawk2010
December 19th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Wow, what a crazy season it has been. I have a feeling the crowd is going to be a real let down in Texas, it's just toooo far away from these 2 schools. none-the-less, best of luck to both teams! I really think it will be a great game.

Where would you suggest they have it? If it were in Chattanooga, it'd be 690 miles from UD and 2245 miles from EWU. I'd say Frisco was a pretty good choice now ;)

OL FU
December 19th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Congrats to the Eagles and the Hens. Looks like a good one

DJOM
December 19th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Modifying the immortal words of Jerry Garcia; what a long strange season its been---Congrats on making it to the final game. May the winged helmet take home the championship.

Side Judge
December 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Self absorbed much. What would make you think any of us would give a rats azz about your notions of the game swami

I for one give a rats azz. It's a discussion board after all.

And speaking of azz's, why do you insist on being one? Can't you appreciate the Hens run thru the playoffs with a little class?

Tubby Raymond
December 19th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I for one give a rats azz. It's a discussion board after all.

And speaking of azz's, why do you insist on being one? Can't you appreciate the Hens run thru the playoffs with a little class?

More self-absorption? Class?

It's a message board remember, not a church service. Prefer to rub the JMU folks nose in it, builds my self esteem

100%GRIZ
December 19th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Ok - I will make a prediction here - Whoever has the ball last in regulation wins!

paul1978
December 19th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Where would you suggest they have it? If it were in Chattanooga, it'd be 690 miles from UD and 2245 miles from EWU. I'd say Frisco was a pretty good choice now ;)

I like the fact that an east coast team (and their fans) has to travel a bit. I’m looking forward to reading the comments, pros and cons, of the “Long Trip”.

xnodx xlolx xbawlingx

Redhawk2010
December 19th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I like the fact that an east coast team (and their fans) has to travel a bit. I’m looking forward to reading the comments, pros and cons, of the “Long Trip”.

I'm with you completely..

zymergy
December 19th, 2010, 11:59 AM
It comes down to Turnovers. Nova coughed the ball up a lot and was still hanging in there for a while. GS coughed up the ball and it cost them too. EWU had two turnovers and has 7 in play-offs. Delaware has 2 and none the last two games. Ball control and defense will win the game.

gbhmt
December 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM
More self-absorption? Class?

It's a message board remember, not a church service. Prefer to rub the JMU folks nose in it, builds my self esteem

Funny that you claim you don't care what they say yet your only two responses in this thread are to their posts...xsmileyclapx

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2010, 05:23 PM

EWU 24
UD 21 - OT

are you a bit defensive or what? predict away, we wont know for sure for 3 weeks

Blue Hen 53
December 19th, 2010, 06:20 PM

EWU 24
UD 21 - OT

Thanks Mickey...CAA envy is one of the 7 deadly sins!

VUCats02
December 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM
As long as Delaware doesn't cough up the ball like Nova did, they will win. Nothing against EWU but Devlin is the best QB in the FCS. Makes smart decisions and is extremely accurate. The Blue Hens will make it 3 [different] CAA champions in a row.

bojeta
December 19th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Good luck to both teams. But as a new fan of the Big Sky Conference I will be cheering for our new conference foe the Eagles of Eastern Washington. Go Eagles and Go Big Sky!!!

I concur with Darell. Hope I can make the trip to North Dakota for the Cal Poly game, but not likely. Looking forward to the inaugural Big Sky Conference season for the both of us!!!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 19th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I posted this on the "Why Delaware will win the NC" thread but I think it's appropriate to be here as well.

For whatever reason EWU has a knack for being around the ball. They've been on the receiving end of 46 turnovers this season which leads all of FCS. That doesn't happen by accident. EWU forced their fair share of them. They weren't gifts dropped from heaven. Defensively, they play a bend but don't break defensive. They tend to give up a lot of yards between the 20's which skew the stats a little bit but they tend to stiffen up defensively in the red zone.

If Taiwan Jones does play and that's a HUGE if, Delaware will have to take note that he's much quicker in person than he appears on film.

J.C Sherritt, #4 is EWU's big defensive stud LB that always seems to find his way around the ball. He set the school record for tackles with over 400 in his career.

Eastern isn't one dimensional on offense. They can light you up either with the run or pass. They do have a quick strike offense, and have been able to score from anywhere on the field.

EWU typically plays it close with 6 of their victories being 7 points or less, 7 if you don't count the garbage TD on the final play against Montana. And they have plenty of experience playing from behind and being able to come back. They don't crumble if they fall behind early. Bo Levi Mitchell can be forced into mistakes and Delaware would be advised force Mitchell into making boneheaded plays. He's the type of QB that will make you scratch your head one moment and wonder where he pulled that one out of the next.

Will their magic carpet ride end on the turf in Frisco? That remains to be seen, but I wouldn't necessarily bet against them. It should be interesting either way.

cowboy91
December 19th, 2010, 10:47 PM
EWU and Delaware are pretty much the same offense. A good RB, one of who might not play in the game, and Devlin vs. Mitchell (who is prone to throwing picks)

The real question here: How good is your secondary?

Walkon79
December 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Go Eags! Represent!!

Underdog
December 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Eastern Washington's Secondary is true freshman Mario Brown. He has played very impressive, but he is no Taiwan Jones.

UDfanbutler12
January 5th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I don't see Delaware losing. granted I'm a huge UD fan, but everyone keeps talking about turnovers being the difference, and with that logic I'd say UD has the clear advantage. devlins only thrown two picks all year, whereas bratton, Walters and graves are all ballhawks in delaware's secondary. I think Mitchell makes one or two mistakes and they cost them the game. plus, and nothing against EWUs conference, but the CAA is far and away the best conference in the FCS.

UD77
January 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
At the UD coaches show last night KC commented that he has been very impressed with the effort that the Frisco area has done to make this game much like a bowl experience for the kids. Nothing but good comments about the experience so far. Hopefully he feels the same after Friday night - then I will most likely be happy about the outcome of the game.

blukeys
January 6th, 2011, 10:13 AM
We will get reports from the Hen faithful who have also been to Chatty. From the reports I have seen Frisco is trying to be FCS friendly. I would rather have a win on Friday than anything. But Frisco doing their best is a good sign for me.

bojeta
January 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Congratulations Eastern Washington!! Wow! What a finish!!! This of course means that my Cal Poly Mustangs will be facing the defending FCS Champs next year in addition to two FBS Bowl Champs, the Great West Champs, the Big Sky Champs and an undefeated FCS Independent program making the move to FBS. Good news is we get to play these great teams. Great news is we're not going to the Inferno!! EWU comes to Cal Poly Nov 12th. Look forward to it!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/Graphics%20Projects/Cal-Poly-Helm-Sched-web7.jpg

bojeta
January 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Says it all
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/Graphics%20Projects/Biden-before-after-small.jpg