EdubAlum
December 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Go eags!

GSU1-A
December 17th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I second that.. Go EAGLES! (GSU ones)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 10:32 PM
A little piece of me was actually pulling for 'Nova, which pains me to admit. However, i just wanted to see a UD-'Nova final with the Hens winning. With that said, congrats EWU!

theasushow
December 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM
might be eagles vs. eagles, or eagles vs. hens. sigh.

T-Dog
December 17th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Eastern Washington is going to the National Championship.

Think about that for a minute.

paul1978
December 17th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Wow, what a game. Congrats EWU. Nicely done.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Congrats to EWU. Your band sounded pretty nice tonight too during the breaks in play.

Grizo406
December 17th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Big props to EWU!

I'm happy for ya'!!

ngineer
December 17th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I loved the gutsy fourth down call tonight to seal the game! Congrats.

Nebuta
December 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Grats EWU on the trip to Frisco, TX. Thats why they play the games.

appst97
December 18th, 2010, 06:07 AM
might be eagles vs. eagles, or eagles vs. hens. sigh.

I guess you could say that this championship game "has gone to the birds." Congrats EWU, Great Game

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Congrats EWU !!!!

Eaglesrus
December 18th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Congratulations EWU. Hoping that our Southern version of Eagles will be turning Pizza Hut Park into one giant aerie in just a few hours!

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Congratulations Eastern Washington. Well deserved win!I had my doubts,but proved alot of people wrong.Good luck in next weeks game against Georgia Southern.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Eastern Washington. Well deserved win!I had my doubts,but proved alot of people wrong.Good luck in next weeks game against Georgia Southern.

Going to have to wait until January 7th for that one. Not holding my breath but there's an outside shot Taiwan Jones is able to come back for this game.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 08:10 AM
It really amazes me the lack of respect shown to EWU after this victory. I'm sure we converted some folks with this win, but come on, seriously? I guess it will take winning the national championship, and even then, many will call it a fluke.

Wildcat80
December 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Congrats EWU!!!!! We're going to adopt you as another "Northern" tier football school!!!

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM
It really amazes me the lack of respect shown to EWU after this victory. I'm sure we converted some folks with this win, but come on, seriously? I guess it will take winning the national championship, and even then, many will call it a fluke.
Lack of respect,no.You have to admit that coming in Villanova was the favorite. But you proved yourself. Nothing but respect for the program. I drove 4 hours just to root for the eags, so did alot of other Griz fans!xthumbsupx

SpeedkingATL
December 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM

Can't "fluke" your way to a National Championship. Gotta win 4 games against damn good teams to do it. Respect earned.

Houndawg
December 18th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Jesus, we're going to hear from Bison fans all year now about how they were screwed out of their rightful national championship.

ThompsonThe
December 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Saw where your band was calling for Montana fans that could play and others. Did they get many "outsiders" to fill in for the EWU band members that were gone?

stevdock
December 18th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hopefully all that talk will stay on Bisonville. EWU congrats on the win. You've done what you've had to do to win the games, and that's all that matters. If we wanted a shot at that championship, we should have made a stop on that 90 yard drive.

No_Skill
December 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Way to put words in our mouths xsmileyclapx xthumbsdownx

Congrats to the Eagles! I'll be rooting for you in Frisco.

FCS Go!
December 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM

Yep, get ready for "in-depth" analysis of your away record in the playoffs, whining about your easy regular season schedule, a breakdown of your easy bracket, how the committee unjustly gave you home games, etc. xnodx

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Saw where your band was calling for Montana fans that could play and others. Did they get many "outsiders" to fill in for the EWU band members that were gone?

Not sure who filled in the positions,but it looked like they had a full band. Heard there was community involvement finally.Thx to those people.Only in the FCS would that happen!

EdubAlum
December 18th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Not sure who filled in the positions,but it looked like they had a full band. Heard there was community involvement finally.Thx to those people.Only in the FCS would that happen!

Ya, they sent out an email begging people to play for the band, was pretty funny.

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Way to go guys! Hopefully it will be an All Eagle championship.

wofford92
December 18th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Congratulations Eagles. Very entertaining game.

AppAlum96
December 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I love it! In a B(c)S system, EWU would never have gotten a crack at the title.

100%GRIZ
December 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I love it! In a B(c)S system, EWU would never have gotten a crack at the title.

Which is one of the main reasons Montana is staying in this division! Congrats Eagles & Congrats to what looked like a Fun Game Day atmosphere! Great all around effort by everyone!

BISON Thunder
December 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Way to go Eagles...was a very fun game to watch. EWU line play was outstanding. Good luck in Frisco!

gjw007
December 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Jesus, we're going to hear from Bison fans all year now about how they were screwed out of their rightful national championship.
If they do, you can always remind that they have been the beneficiaries of this before in the playoffs when they were in D2. From http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/14597-fcs-playoffs/page__st__220__p__476471#entry476471,

1982 NCAA Quarterfinal
FARGO, ND--North Dakota State hosted an NCAA playoff game for the fi rst time since 1977 and the Bison were rewarded with a scary 21-20 opening-round victory
over Virginia Union. The Bison scored two fourth-quarter TDs including a 1-yard run by Jeff Willis with 1:06 remaining in the game to pull out the win. NDSU trailed 20-7 early in the final
stanza before holding the Panthers inside the Bison 40. The Herd then marched 59 yards in four plays with Mark Nellermoe hitting two big passes in the drive to Stacy
Robinson and Jeff Conley. On the next possession, the Bison marched 80 yards in 16 plays for the game-winner. The series was marred by an inadvertant whistle by an offi cial on an apparent Virginia Union pass interception, and the ball was returned to the Bison on the Panther 14-yard line. The Bison scored four plays later..

It is also reported on a Bison fan website, http://www.bisonville.com/zg001843.html - "The Bison benefited from an inadvertant whistle and got an referee-aided win over the unlucky Panthers:

I don't think most Bison fans will be making complaints as the Bison have had a very successful season this year and mistakes do happen in games. Sometimes you benefit, sometimes you don't.

Congrats to EWU. I hope they bring home the national championship.

Uncle Buck
December 18th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Nice game to EWU. While i don't want to shortchange a great effort by EWU, Villanova just looked like a complete mess out there with blunder after blunder. EWU controlled the line of scrimmage all night on both sides of the ball, not a good game for the cats.

HLNgriz
December 18th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Congrats Eagles! WoW that was a tough won game. Should have been the griz but you guys deserve it. Pulling for ya in TX!

dudeitsaid
December 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Wow, WHAT A GAME!!! That was probably the funnest game I've been to! (The worst was when we lost to Sam Houston State in the second round after being up by 20 with 5 minutes left in the game. We lost by a point with no time on the clock.)

That as a total team effort. Nova may have been tired, jet-lagged, etc. But that's the advantage of home field. That's why it can be an incredible thing to have, especially for 3 games.

Many people wonder why EWU kept them in the game, rather than putting Nova away with all of the turnovers. I credit Nova with keeping themselves in the game, just like EWU kept themselves in the game against NDSU with 5 turnovers. Fact is, most people, including me, expected to see EWU lose by 3 scores. To be that competitive against a team that just handled App, and had their gamechanger, leader of the team present and healthy, and EWU missing their offensive superstar, was outstanding! Mario Brown stepped up huge! Mitchell had his best game! The D did what they do. They continue to play balanced football like that, they can win the NC, especially if Taiwan Jones is back in the mix.

3rd straight year the Big Sky represents in the NC!!!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Wow, WHAT A GAME!!! That was probably the funnest game I've been to! (The worst was when we lost to Sam Houston State in the second round after being up by 20 with 5 minutes left in the game. We lost by a point with no time on the clock.)

That as a total team effort. Nova may have been tired, jet-lagged, etc. But that's the advantage of home field. That's why it can be an incredible thing to have, especially for 3 games.

Many people wonder why EWU kept them in the game, rather than putting Nova away with all of the turnovers. I credit Nova with keeping themselves in the game, just like EWU kept themselves in the game against NDSU with 5 turnovers. Fact is, most people, including me, expected to see EWU lose by 3 scores. To be that competitive against a team that just handled App, and had their gamechanger, leader of the team present and healthy, and EWU missing their offensive superstar, was outstanding! Mario Brown stepped up huge! Mitchell had his best game! The D did what they do. They continue to play balanced football like that, they can win the NC, especially if Taiwan Jones is back in the mix.

3rd straight year the Big Sky represents in the NC!!!

And it's nice to have someone besides Montana in there as it shows the depth of the BSC. One of the biggest knocks for a long time now. And we have a ton of people returning next year as well so the potential is there for this to continue.

soccerguy315
December 19th, 2010, 12:16 AM
congrats EWU... I honestly didn't think you guys had a chance. Big props!

Blue Hen 53
December 19th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Congrats EWU...see you Jan 7th!

100%GRIZ
December 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
And it's nice to have someone besides Montana in there as it shows the depth of the BSC. One of the biggest knocks for a long time now. And we have a ton of people returning next year as well so the potential is there for this to continue.

See you at Wa Griz next year - Should be a fun one!

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2010, 08:55 AM

.......or listening to SIU fans all year about how FCS and MVFC football is down.

EWU has played great football and deserve to be in the championship game

Go Eagles !!!!!