PDA

View Full Version : Annual - Championship Game - What Side to Sit Thread

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
The EWU-Nova winner is on the home team/press box sideline per SLC Commissioner Tom Burnett's tweet tonight...

That concludes this thread! xwhistlex

GannonFan
December 17th, 2010, 10:13 PM
The EWU-Nova winner is on the home team/press box sideline per SLC Commissioner Tom Burnett's tweet tonight...

So the camera is pointed at the other sideline?

Cincy App
December 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Don't think it matters which side of the stadium. There will be plenty of empty seats! It will be interesting to see Frisco's local support for the event.

By the way, congrats to Eastern Washington tonight!

ngineer
December 17th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I'll be on the right hand side of my sofa, as it will be the better angle to the screen and closest to the fridge...

TexasTerror
December 18th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Don't think it matters which side of the stadium. There will be plenty of empty seats! It will be interesting to see Frisco's local support for the event.

We'll see...

I am optimistic that the game has been embraced well by the Frisco community. It surely has by the Football Championship Subdivision schools, who are flocking en masse to Frisco to be part of the FCS Summit - the first-ever!

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
If it were in Chatty and GSU was going to the game there would be 15K+ GSU fans at the game at least... if GSU wins then we will at the most bring 5K fans to frisco texas

Saint3333
December 18th, 2010, 12:39 PM
If it were in Chatty and GSU was going to the game there would be 15K+ GSU fans at the game at least... if GSU wins then we will at the most bring 5K fans to frisco texas

I'd say 5K is fair, probably 4K for UD. We know that EWU wouldn't bring over 2K, so we're looking at 7K max without the local "support". And yes I'm more interested in butts in seats than tickets sold.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'd say 5K is fair, probably 4K for UD. We know that EWU wouldn't bring over 2K, so we're looking at 7K max without the local "support". And yes I'm more interested in butts in seats than tickets sold.

I don't know about that. A lot of the people I've talked to are going. Add in all the Katy TX and SMU fans, I'd say we're going to have a pretty decent turnout.

DFW HOYA
December 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Whever the general admission seats are is fine by me.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM
How much are tickets?

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM

So does this make EWU the home team and thus Jersey choice or is Delaware the home team based on seeding? Anyone know?

ATX_EWUGrad
December 18th, 2010, 10:34 PM
How much are tickets?

http://www20.ticketingcentral.com/V2/Quantity.aspx?8CD6D1B362F738E

Just found the link for this on NCAA.com

2011 NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Pizza Hut Park
Friday, January 7, 2011: 6 p.m. (Central)
Hosted by Southland Conference, City of Frisco, and Hunt Sports Group

Be there for the crowning of a champion on Friday, January 7 when two teams lace up their pads and hit the field to play at Pizza Hut Park. Teams playing in the championship game will be determined after the semifinal games on December 17and 18. Come out and "Pack the Park" in Frisco, Texas!

13,000 Student-Athletes. 119 Teams. 20 Qualifiers. 1 Champion.

Ticket Prices
Midfield - $40
Sidelines - $35
End zone - $30

*Price does not include applicable service fees.

Accessible seating must be purchased at the Pizza Hut Park box office or by phone at 469/365-0007. If you need accessible seating, please exit this page and contact the box office.

Every person, two-years of age and older, must have a ticket to enter the facility. Entry will be at the venue's discretion, unless proof of age is provided. Those under two must be accompanied by a person with a valid admission ticket.

Tickets purchased may not be resold above face value, unless specifically authorized in advance by the NCAA.

Ticket purchased on this Web site will be printed and mailed to the purchaser on or around December 1, unless the purchaser chooses to pick-up their tickets at the facility will call window the day of the game.

Before completing the purchase transaction, please review your order. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.

For more information about the event go to: NCAA.com/football

Saint3333
December 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I don't know about that. A lot of the people I've talked to are going. Add in all the Katy TX and SMU fans, I'd say we're going to have a pretty decent turnout.

You do realize that 2K would be 1/3 of your semifinal attendance in which your fans likely traveled less than 3 hours. I'd say asking 1/3 to take time off work and pay for a flight, hotel, etc. would be on the high side.