PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks until the Championship game, will fans lose interest ?

Old Cat Fan
December 16th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I know it is because of the Holidays but 3 weeks till the Championship game is going be hard to take,I don't know if I can handle a 3 week pregame thread xbangx I would think that everyone except for the diehard FCS fans will lose some if not all interest for the the Title game.

seantaylor
December 16th, 2010, 02:43 AM
It is really a stupid marketing ploy. I always liked the championship game right before Xmas. Only game in town, and even when we(GSU) weren't in it, I always remember watching it at a Xmas party. And everyone at the party, even without affiliations, got into it. Going head to head with the corrupt BCS is nuts.

chattanoogamocs
December 16th, 2010, 03:19 AM
I agree...having it 4 straight weeks built up the excitement. It would be like have the basketball tournament go from 64 down to 2...and then waiting three weeks to play the title game. Just one of many dumb move the NCAA made this year in regards to the playoffs.

tribe_pride
December 16th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately, this year there is almost no choice to do it straight through if you want 20 teams in the playoffs unless you wanted to start the season 1 week earlier (I am not making an argument for or against 20 teams). If you think attendance at Frisco will be bad, could you imagine what would have happened if the game was on Christmas (or eve) or New Years (or eve).

Would have been worse. That said, I like the previous way better.

EKU_SAE
December 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
One of the dumbest things they could do. At least playing before Christmas we were a little different, now we fall right in line with the grass bowl, and the UK bowl and crap games like that.

bluehenbillk
December 16th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Well the 3-week long thread will be a lot of UD fans talking - how many VU fans do you see on here or in the stands?

jmufan999
December 16th, 2010, 07:48 AM
If you think attendance at Frisco will be bad, could you imagine what would have happened if the game was on Christmas (or eve) or New Years (or eve).

Would have been worse. That said, I like the previous way better.

ditto that. i'm all for more teams getting a chance at the playoffs (and boy did those extra AQ schools make the most of their opportunity!) but the old system made more sense. only a matter of time before it's 24 teams. not sure how that would work, but then again... i wasn't sure how 20 would work either, so... yeah.

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Wait, who? .......j/k xlolx

I don't think it changes anything.

Bam
December 16th, 2010, 08:51 AM
This fan will!

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM
The only upside I can think of is that it gives the fans a better chance to plan the trip than in the past but other than that it really disrupts the momentum of the playoffs. It changes the rhythm of the season and it's a situation that FCS players have never had to deal with so it will be interesting to see what level the quality of play will be in Frisco.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2010, 09:35 AM
If the Hens make it, I won't lose any interest at all.

RookieWill
December 16th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I actually like it, particularly given the extension of the playoffs this year. This is "holiday party" time for me and my family and makes it difficult to travel to the Championship game. If VU makes the game in early January, I am strongly considering going. If the Champ game was this weekend, ala last year, no chance for me. I wonder if next year if VU or UD are not involved if I'll feel the same way

GaSouthern
December 16th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Before they moved the cotton bowl this was a good date, now they need to change it before this saturday (I know they wont)

blukeys
December 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM
ditto that. i'm all for more teams getting a chance at the playoffs (and boy did those extra AQ schools make the most of their opportunity!) but the old system made more sense. only a matter of time before it's 24 teams. not sure how that would work, but then again... i wasn't sure how 20 would work either, so... yeah.

don't forget playoff expansion makes it easier for the MEAC and OVC to get a 2nd team in the playoffs. Another smart move.

Rekdiver
December 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I am looking forward to it regardless..........Even if there are 2 CAA teams.........Althought I think the Hens are going to get spanked by GS. I don't know what to make of the Nova EWU game. I find it hard to believe after watching Nova at full strength, tht they would lose....but I've not seen EWU play.......I am interested!

Bossanova
December 16th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Off topic a bit.

Does anybody know the ticket prices for Frisco and which are the official team hotels.

Thanks in advance.

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
$30-40 for tickets.

R3TRO
December 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Wait, there's a championship game? I thought it just ended after the quarters..... oh n/m. :-(

blukeys
December 16th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Wait, there's a championship game? I thought it just ended after the quarters..... oh n/m. :-(

For UNH it does!!!

R3TRO
December 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM
For UNH it does!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bL-Y_JMGZ2Q/TCSsKQS1EYI/AAAAAAAAAFk/lZNYAenMmnU/s1600/captain-obvious-to-the-rescue.jpg

Appfan_in_CAAland
December 16th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I lost interest last Saturday afternoon. Isn't the Cotton Bowl on that day?

chrisattsu
December 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I haven't lost interest. My team never made the playoffs, but I will be there +8.

I am pumped for tailgating @ PHP and a National Championship game!