PDA

View Full Version : Unanimous All-Americans

smallcollegefbfan
December 14th, 2010, 01:38 PM
With three teams released (AFCA, Walter Camp, AP) here is a look at those who are unanimous so far. TSN, Phil Steele, and CSN are the only majorly recognized teams left to come out.

WR Raymond Webber 6-3 220 Sr. Arkansas-Pine Bluff Monte Coleman St. Louis, Mo. (Miller)
WR Tysson Poots 6-3 220 Sr. Southern Utah Ed Lamb Las Vegas, Nev. (Coronado)
OL Ben Ijalana 6-4 320 Sr. Villanova Andy Talley Hainesport, N.J. (Rancocas Valley)
OL David Arkin 6-5 302 Sr. Missouri St. Terry Allen Wichita, Kan. (Kapaun)
OL Mike Person 6-5 295 Sr. Montana St. Rob Ash Glenville, Mont. (Dawson County)
QB Jeremy Moses 6-0 195 Sr. Stephen F. Austin J.C. Harper Baytown, Texas (Lee)
RB Nate Eachus 5-10 216 Jr. Colgate Dick Biddle Drums, Pa. (Hazleton Area)
DL Martin Parker 6-3 283 Sr. Richmond Latrell Scott New Haven, Conn. (Hyde Leadership)
DL Jabari Fletcher 6-3 265 Sr. Appalachian St. Jerry Moore Atlanta, Ga. (Grady)
LB J.C. Sherritt* 5-10 220 Sr. Eastern Washington Beau Baldwin Pullman, Wash. (Pullman)
DB Mark LeGree* 6-0 200 Sr. Appalachian St. Jerry Moore Columbus, Ga. (Pacelli Catholic)
DB Trumaine Johnson 6-3 197 Jr. Montana Robin Pflugrad Stockton, Calif. (Edison)

jmufan999
December 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
geez, legree is a senior already? time flies...

seantaylor
December 14th, 2010, 03:43 PM
The fact that Brent Russell wasn't over those two D lineman is absolutely nuts.

Fordham
December 14th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Congrats Nate Eachus

Reign of Terrier
December 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
The fact that Brent Russell wasn't over those two D lineman is absolutely nuts.

this

straightshooter
December 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
this

Russell made a believer of ya, huh?

Go...gate
December 14th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Nice to see Eachus get consensus All-American.

Reign of Terrier
December 14th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Russell made a believer of ya, huh?

I was already somewhat of a believer, to put things in perspective when the All-Socon list came out I was surprised he wasn't DPOTY. If Russell didn't play Saturday, IMO Wofford scores 40....

Mr. C
December 14th, 2010, 09:12 PM
With two teams released (AFCA, Walter Camp) here is a look at those who were on both teams. Also, the AP team comes out tomorrow which should weed out a few more names.

WR Raymond Webber 6-3 220 Sr. Arkansas-Pine Bluff Monte Coleman St. Louis, Mo. (Miller)
OL Ben Ijalana 6-4 320 Sr. Villanova Andy Talley Hainesport, N.J. (Rancocas Valley)
OL Mike Person 6-5 295 Sr. Montana St. Rob Ash Glenville, Mont. (Dawson County)
DL Martin Parker 6-3 283 Sr. Richmond Latrell Scott New Haven, Conn. (Hyde Leadership)
LB J.C. Sherritt* 5-10 220 Sr. Eastern Washington Beau Baldwin Pullman, Wash. (Pullman)
DB Mark LeGree* 6-0 200 Sr. Appalachian St. Jerry Moore Columbus, Ga. (Pacelli Catholic)
DB Trumaine Johnson 6-3 197 Jr. Montana Robin Pflugrad Stockton, Calif. (Edison)

You have to remember that the teams coming out thus far are some of the more flaky teams, AFCA/Walter Camp etc.

Some of these guys are reputation picks. It is just plain goofy that Brent Russell and Kendrick Ellis are not on a lot of these teams. Both of them should be consensus All-America. I could make an argument for either one of them being in the conversation for the national defensive player of the year.

straightshooter
December 14th, 2010, 09:31 PM
You have to remember that the teams coming out thus far are some of the more flaky teams, AFCA/Walter Camp etc.

Some of these guys are reputation picks. It is just plain goofy that Brent Russell and Kendrick Ellis are not on a lot of these teams. Both of them should be consensus All-America. I could make an argument for either one of them being in the conversation for the national defensive player of the year.

You are an honorable man Mr. C. The other guys are really good players, but Russell and Ellis are truly at the head of the DL class in FCS based on their performances THIS season.

smallcollegefbfan
December 15th, 2010, 09:02 AM

After watching the SFA vs. Villanova game I now know why Moses has such good numbers and I think his selection is perhaps the biggest overrating of any player for the award in recent memory. He is a good college player but Moses makes quick throws to the RB out of the backfield or WR screens behind the line or just a couple yards down the field. I don't think he threw more than 6 or 7 passes of more than 8 yards and 3 of them were picked off.

He is going to win the Payton but I don't see him playing on Sundays. Not saying the awards should go to the best NFL prospect but I do think the winners should be good enough to at least get a shot in the NFL. Shouldn't the best offensive player perform well in the playoffs, if they make it, or get a shot in the NFL? That is why I would have gone with someone like Korey Lindsey, Kenrick Ellis, Brent Russell, Mark LeGree, etc. for the Buchanan. I don't think any of them won it. For the Payton I believe Ben Ijalana, Taiwan Jones, or even Pat Devlin is far more worthy. They all had good years and will play on Sundays.

As I have always said. Big time players big time plays in big games and that is why I think the players I like the most are still playing for the most part. Jones is the most talented offensive player in the country. He is a beast who will definitely play on Sundays.

Walkon79
December 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM
xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

Way to go, J.C., Big Mike and Trumaine

Walkon79
December 15th, 2010, 02:56 PM
With three teams released (AFCA, Walter Camp, AP) here is a look at those who are unanimous so far. TSN, Phil Steele, and CSN are the only majorly recognized teams left to come out.

OL Mike Person 6-5 295 Sr. Montana St. Rob Ash Glendive, Mont. (Dawson County)

Minor Correction

Henzone
December 16th, 2010, 07:38 AM
After watching the SFA vs. Villanova game I now know why Moses has such good numbers and I think his selection is perhaps the biggest overrating of any player for the award in recent memory. He is a good college player but Moses makes quick throws to the RB out of the backfield or WR screens behind the line or just a couple yards down the field. I don't think he threw more than 6 or 7 passes of more than 8 yards and 3 of them were picked off.

He is going to win the Payton but I don't see him playing on Sundays. Not saying the awards should go to the best NFL prospect but I do think the winners should be good enough to at least get a shot in the NFL. Shouldn't the best offensive player perform well in the playoffs, if they make it, or get a shot in the NFL? That is why I would have gone with someone like Korey Lindsey, Kenrick Ellis, Brent Russell, Mark LeGree, etc. for the Buchanan. I don't think any of them won it. For the Payton I believe Ben Ijalana, Taiwan Jones, or even Pat Devlin is far more worthy. They all had good years and will play on Sundays.

As I have always said. Big time players big time plays in big games and that is why I think the players I like the most are still playing for the most part. Jones is the most talented offensive player in the country. He is a beast who will definitely play on Sundays.

At QB seems it's about numbers, not actual performance. Pat Devlin missed several games and the Hens have a running attack which has limited his throws. Funny, Rich Gannon, our best ever QB, never made an All-American team .

fball27
December 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Congrats to nova's Ben Ijalana, well deserved.

ColgateTD
December 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Congrats Nate Eachus

Second the motion.

Blue Hen 53
December 16th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Preposterous that there are NO Blue Hens on the AP 1st and 2nd teams! Oh well, I guess Pat Devlin will have to be happy with his National Championship ring!