PDA

View Full Version : Would Armanti Edwards have made a difference w/ 'Nova?

ASUSMC
December 13th, 2010, 11:01 AM
A. Edwards would have made it interesting because of his arm and his legs. Win the game? Not sure about that. Weigh in folks!

Villanova was an absolute beast the entire game. Hats off to a classy program!xthumbsupx

WileECoyote06
December 13th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Nope. Villanova had ASU's number that game.

The key stat: 285 - 100 (rushing). Other than that, the stats don't indicate that Nova should have had that big of a lead.

ASUSMC
December 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Nope. Villanova had ASU's number that game.

The key stat: 285 - 100 (rushing). Other than that, the stats don't indicate that Nova should have had that big of a lead.

It's hard not to live in the past!

I posted the question because our QB had SO many bad passes that Edwards would have been right on the money with, ESPECIALLY deep passes!

'Nova WILL be Back2Back this year!

Rob Iola
December 13th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Kinda like asking if Andy Hall would've made a difference if he was playing against App in '07...

WileECoyote06
December 13th, 2010, 11:26 AM
It's hard not to live in the past!

I posted the question because our QB had SO many bad passes that Edwards would have been right on the money with, ESPECIALLY deep passes!

'Nova WILL be Back2Back this year!

I agree; they looked scary. The only way I see them losing is if they get bit by the turnover bug. It's hard to believe that they lost to Temple at full strength.

RookieWill
December 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I agree; they looked scary. The only way I see them losing is if they get bit by the turnover bug. It's hard to believe that they lost to Temple at full strength.

Against Temple, game down to FG kicking. Cats were 1/3, Temple was 4/5, with all of them being over 40 yards and 1 being a 53 yarder. Cats also gave up a HUGE play late in the game and had some boneheaded play calls (threw the ball up 2 with 1:00 to play rather than run the ball). Last year, felt like Nova stole the game from Temple, this year, it was the other way

WileECoyote06
December 13th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Against Temple, game down to FG kicking. Cats were 1/3, Temple was 4/5, with all of them being over 40 yards and 1 being a 53 yarder. Cats also gave up a HUGE play late in the game and had some boneheaded play calls (threw the ball up 2 with 1:00 to play rather than run the ball). Last year, felt like Nova stole the game from Temple, this year, it was the other way

I can dig it. Especially since i didn't see the game. Point is, you don't see that type of performance against App at Kidd-Brewer very often. Considering Villanova has already beaten Delaware once this year, they have to be considered the favorite going to E. Washington.

jlcharles
December 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Boneheaded play calling is right. Szczur should have gotten the ball three times on that 3 and out. He didn't get one touch. It was inexcusable.

SouthernMan
December 13th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I never NEVER EVER want to be told that GSU fans live in the past ever again. Never.

GannonFan
December 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Armatnti can't rush the passer so no, he wouldn't have made a difference. Appy didn't get into the backfield all day against nova and Whitney and Szczur could just stand back there and wait for someone to get open. That's where nova decimated Appy was the offensive line dominating Appy's d-line. nova could've and basically did name the score with that kind of protection.

NovaWildcat
December 13th, 2010, 12:35 PM

Bingo. Didn't play a smart game and the difference in the kicking game killed us. Temple was also a much stronger team in the beginning of the year (see UConn, Penn St) than at the end (horrible blowout losses, missed bowl).

SpeedkingATL
December 13th, 2010, 01:10 PM
It's a mute point concerning AE. Novi was the better overall team on Saturday and proved it on the field. Dre did his best and did a great job at QB for the Apps this season.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM

Even Andy Talley will freely admit that he lost the Temple game with time management issues on the last Villanova drive. He didn't have confidence in Nick Yako to make a kick of just over 40 yards and tried a couple of stupid plays that stopped the clock. Had Villanova run down the clock as it could have, Temple would have only had 30 to 40 seconds max to get into position for the winning field goal. Villanova TOTALLY out-played Temple in that game.

Skjellyfetti
December 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Armatnti can't rush the passer so no, he wouldn't have made a difference. Appy didn't get into the backfield all day against nova and Whitney and Szczur could just stand back there and wait for someone to get open.

It kinda sounds like you only watched the beginning of the game. We weren't able to get any pressure on Whitney in the first quarter and a half... when we only rushed 3 or 4. We started blitzing later in the game and got 4 sacks on Whitney and quite a few hurries and knock downs. I'm not sure how you can say we "didn't get in the backfield all day against Nova" when we had 4 sacks. Having said that... their o-line did dominate our d-line. No question. But, you're overstating things.

And, no. Armanti wouldn't have made a difference. I would have rather had Kerry Brown, Scott Suttle, Matt Isenhour, John Holt, etc.

GannonFan
December 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
It kinda sounds like you only watched the beginning of the game. We weren't able to get any pressure on Whitney in the first quarter and a half... when we only rushed 3 or 4. We started blitzing later in the game and got 4 sacks on Whitney and quite a few hurries and knock downs. I'm not sure how you can say we "didn't get in the backfield all day against Nova" when we had 4 sacks. Having said that... their o-line did dominate our d-line. No question. But, you're overstating things.

And, no. Armanti wouldn't have made a difference. I would have rather had Kerry Brown, Scott Suttle, Matt Isenhour, John Holt, etc.

Feast or famine - either you got there or he had all day, even in the second half. Sacks are sometimes one of the most overrated stats - 4 sacks, super, problem is the other times you didn't get a sack went for huge plays. And besides, they didn't have to throw much in the second half as they were running at will. Like we both agree, the OL from nova dominated that game.

Horseshoe App
December 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Feast or famine - either you got there or he had all day, even in the second half. Sacks are sometimes one of the most overrated stats - 4 sacks, super, problem is the other times you didn't get a sack went for huge plays. And besides, they didn't have to throw much in the second half as they were running at will. Like we both agree, the OL from nova dominated that game.

Let's just remember the good times when Armanti dominated Delaware:)

GannonFan
December 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Let's just remember the good times when Armanti dominated Delaware:)

Already fading into memory as each year passes.

T-Dawg95
December 13th, 2010, 04:44 PM
A. Edwards would have made it interesting because of his arm and his legs. Win the game? Not sure about that. Weigh in folks!

Villanova was an absolute beast the entire game. Hats off to a classy program!xthumbsupx

Does anyone care? xtwocentsx

ASUSMC
December 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Does anyone care? xtwocentsx

Can your jealousy of App State be any more apparent?

heath
December 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Can your jealousy of App State be any more apparent?

not a very smart comment,nor does it make any sense.(kinda like the thread)Enjoy watching the CAA this weekend.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
No.... period.

GSC75
December 13th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I think AE would have made a difference - either won the game or kept it a LOT closer. Pressley is a dam good QB, just not a legend... the GSU game - little quick toss to Cadet over the defender's head on that last 3rd down and an easy TD - watch the tape- Cadet was standing there at the goal line wide open..., Pressley broke right and into a pack of GSU players.... not sure if he was rattled or what but sure missed that opportunity.

Skjellyfetti
December 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Sacks are sometimes one of the most overrated stats - 4 sacks, super, problem is the other times you didn't get a sack went for huge plays.

Not just sacks. He was under pressure consistently in the second half. He was hurried... escaped tackles, eluded pressure, etc. many different times. Again, it sounds like you stopped watching at halftime.

This couldn't be further from the truth: "Appy didn't get into the backfield all day against nova "