PDA

View Full Version : Villanova @ Eastern Washington Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Friday or Sat game??

AAadict
December 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Word from our local sports writter is that EWU hosting VU is Friday night.

NovaWildcat
December 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM
The travel worries me. Philly to Spokane is a loooong way. Not to mention we just made stops in Texas and North Carolina.

Tribe07
December 11th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Nova if you play the way you did today, I wouldn't worry about the trip.

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Nova if you play the way you did today, I wouldn't worry about the trip.

agreed. Nova ROASTED App St today.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Word from our local sports writter is that EWU hosting VU is Friday night.

5pm start time!??!!?

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 06:30 PM
it would have to be 5pm Pacific, I can't imagine they would have the game at 2pm PST.

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Lot of factors need to come into play for EWU to have any chance of winning, obvious from today one of them being weather. We need a dry feild for TJ to excel.

We need to have our best game, and Nova to have their worst.

AAadict
December 11th, 2010, 06:32 PM
5pm start time!??!!?

5pm start on Friday beats 9am start if they were to play on Sat.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM
it would have to be 5pm Pacific, I can't imagine they would have the game at 2pm PST.

thats what i mean, 8pm on the east coast, but still a 5pm start time on a friday sux.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM
5pm start on Friday beats 9am start if they were to play on Sat.

thats true too.

apaladin
December 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
The game on Friday night which will be the most watched nationally will be bad for the image of FCS football. What does their stadium hold 5 or 6,000? Theyn showed the home side and it looked smaller than MOST high schools. Of course I guess Villanove isn't much better.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
The game on Friday night which will be the most watched nationally will be bad for the image of FCS football. What does their stadium hold 5 or 6,000? Theyn showed the home side and it looked smaller than MOST high schools. Of course I guess Villanove isn't much better.

atleast the nice blood-red turf will be on display for a national viewing audience.

NovaWildcat
December 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
if conditions are like they were today that wouldn't bode well for EWU. We run, and stop the run, first and foremost.

What's a brief scouting report on EWU? Know nothing about them...

I Bleed Purple
December 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
atleast the nice blood-red turf will be on display for a national viewing audience.

Before it turns into Klingon blood color.

Ivytalk
December 11th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I like Nova by 10+. But that's just me.

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Personally gonna pull for EWU here. Would hate to face the team that played against App. State today in Texas if we get past Delaware.

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 07:02 PM
if conditions are like they were today that wouldn't bode well for EWU. We run, and stop the run, first and foremost.

What's a brief scouting report on EWU? Know nothing about them...

balanced offense, lead behind running back Jones. Our QB is an SMU drop down, he's getting better, but still turns over the ball quite often. Defense gives up a lot of yards, but does very well in the red zone.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 07:08 PM
The only way EWU wins is if somebody pulls a Tonya Harding-esque attack on Scuzur...good luck.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 07:11 PM
balanced offense, lead behind running back Jones. Our QB is an SMU drop down, he's getting better, but still turns over the ball quite often. Defense gives up a lot of yards, but does very well in the red zone.

Did Jones return to the game after his ankle injury?

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Did Jones return to the game after his ankle injury?

No. But i suspect it was just a minor sprain

100%GRIZ
December 11th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Did Jones return to the game after his ankle injury? That is the big question? How heathly will Taiwan be! Could be a big question.? If he is healthy then it will be Taiwan Jones against Matt Sceazar! If not it will be over before gametime!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
No. But i suspect it was just a minor sprain

That's what we all suspected when Szczur went down this year and he ended up missing the next 6 games :-/

I hope he's alright though. I will say with Jones or not, my guess is that you guys will have to beat us in the air if you're going to win.

heath
December 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I like Nova by 10+. But that's just me.

By half,.....should win by 21 or more

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 07:32 PM
This'll be Nova's 4th road game in a row, all of which have been must-win situations. From Delaware, to Texas, to NC, to Washington. That kind of travel gets to you sometimes. Hoping our team can overcome it, but that is definitely something you cannot disregard. I expect a very close game in which EWU is winning at halftime, and it goes down right to the wire. Kind of like our last year's semi-final game. Good luck EWU. Should be a fun one. Can't wait to watch Szczur run wild on the red turf!

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 10:01 PM
The only way EWU wins is if somebody pulls a Tonya Harding-esque attack on Scuzur...good luck.

ROFLMAO xlolx xlolx

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Nova is built for bad weather, and if they get it this could be ugly. The comeback by EWU last night was impressive though, and if that QB can hang onto the ball they have a shot.

JohnStOnge
December 12th, 2010, 07:31 AM

I think Villanova wold've won yesterday without Scuzur because they dominated both lines of scrimmage. QB had plenty of time to throw the ball and there were gaping holes in the running game. It might be that I don't read enough posts but to me that offensive line doesn't get the credit it should. At least the TV people talked about it at least a little bit yesterday. Defensive front is pretty darned good too.

mtbigdog
December 12th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Nova rolls ewooo 35-14

HailSzczur
December 12th, 2010, 09:38 AM
If it is a firday night game, i think they should really be concerned about attendence.
The attenence at EWU has been the lowest of all playoff sites the last 2 weeks, and those are sunday after noon games.
We all saw what a friday night game at Udel during exams did to attendence, and to my knowledge classes are done at EWU and students are all probably home. Not sure how NCAA/ESPN thinks theres gonna be too many people there at 5pm local time the week before Xmas.
...not that it would be any better attended on the east coast tho....

Chemhen
December 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I think Villanova wold've won yesterday without Scuzur because they dominated both lines of scrimmage. QB had plenty of time to throw the ball and there were gaping holes in the running game. It might be that I don't read enough posts but to me that offensive line doesn't get the credit it should. At least the TV people talked about it at least a little bit yesterday. Defensive front is pretty darned good too.

The Nova OT Ijalana is a beast. Has he allowed a sack this year?

Chemhen
December 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
The students actually turned out for the UD game on Friday, despite exams. The bigger deal is that they have to be out of their rooms on Friday, unless UD lets them stay the extra day. I think the bigger deal was the cold, the fact the game was on ESPN2, and that it was a night game; some of the older fans didn't want to be out at 11 after the game. Hopefully we'll have a good turnout on Saturday.

/threadjack over.

EdubAlum
December 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM
friday night game according to the Big Sky Conference

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2010/12/12/GEN_1212101831.aspx

Eastern Washington will play Villanova in a Division I football semifinal on Friday on ESPN2.

Kickoff at Roos Field in Cheney, Wash., is at 5:05 p.m. Pacific. The top-ranked and fifth-seeded Eagles will be making their second appearance in the semifinals - the first since 1997.

Beau Baldwin's Eagles advanced to semifinals with a thrilling 38-31 overtime win over North Dakota State on Saturday. The Eagles drove 90 yards on their final drive in regulation, tying the game 31-31 with 23 seconds remaining on a 4-yard TD pass from Bo Levi Mitchell to Nicholas Edwards In the overtime, Mitchell connected with Tyler Hart on a 25-yard touchdown.

Eastern Washington takes a nine-game winning streak into Friday's game against Villanova (9-4). Villanova, the defending national champions, upset top-seeded Appalachian State 42-24 on Saturday.

This will be the first meetings between EWU and Villanova. The winner advances to the 2011 Division I National Championship game on Friday, Jan. 7 in Frisco, Texas.

Delaware and Georgia Southern will play in the other semifinal on Saturday at Noon Eastern on ESPN2.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
The travel worries me. Philly to Spokane is a loooong way. Not to mention we just made stops in Texas and North Carolina.

no worries with the travel (unless some of the team comes up a little short on the body scans xlolx) but hey that wont matter, Nova could travel to Fiji and whip the Big Fluffy team

Candor
December 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Red Field on a national audience nice

X-Factor
December 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Nova wins this one with ease. EWU's only offense is their RB, and he is on crutches. It would be a much different game if he was healthy. Good luck to both teams and may the officiating not become the debacle of yesterday's match up.

EdubAlum
December 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Nova wins this one with ease. EWU's only offense is their RB, and he is on crutches. It would be a much different game if he was healthy.

then how come our best drive was with him on the sideline?

EdubAlum
December 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-11/releases/10fbDec12EWU-VillanovaDate

Improbable win over North Dakota State gives Eastern an eighth game at the "Inferno" in a NCAA FCS Playoff game versus Villanova

Because they found a way to win yet another game on the new red Sprinturf surface at Roos Field, the reward for the Eagles is an eighth and final game this season at the Inferno.

The Eastern Washington University football team, coming off an incredibly tense 38-31 overtime triumph over North Dakota State, hosts Villanova Friday (Dec. 17) on ESPN2 in the semifinals of the NCAA Football Championship Playoffs. Kickoff at Roos Field in Cheney, Wash., will be 5 p.m. Pacific time.

Tickets for the game will be available later today via TicketsWest.com and 1-800-325-7328. Links will also eventually be available via www.goeags.com (http://goeags.com/tickets/ewas-fbticketcentral.html).

Prices range from $10-20, and RV/tailgating passes and 2011 season tickets are also available. Current season ticket holders have until Dec. 15 to purchase their playoff tickets and retain their own seats, and after that those seats will be available for the general public to purchase.

Tickets for Eastern Washington University students are $5 each and will be available at the Athletic Ticket Office at Reese Court (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Ticket information is also available by calling 509-359-4339.

"It's awesome," Eastern head coach Beau Baldwin said of playing a third-straight playoff game at home. "Anytime you play at home it's a great thing. It's great for the community, Eastern Washington, the fans and our players. We are familiar with our surroundings when we get to stay at home instead of going on the road. We'd be going on the road if we had to, and we'd jump right on it and love it.''

Baldwin is hoping the final appearance by the Eagles at the "Inferno" will attract more fans this week and add to the home-field advantage for his team. Eastern is 7-0 this season at home, including its last four games overall dating back to Nov. 13.

"We need them to come out and support us -- we love it when they are here," pleaded Baldwin. "The fans that were here against North Dakota State were awesome. I usually don't pay any attention to it, but I felt the noise when we were on defense and in the overtime. The more the merrier -- it's going to help us. When you get into this situation the home-field advantage becomes huge in the playoffs."

Because the Eagles are seeded fifth, Eastern received another home game in the semifinals against unseeded Villanova, a 42-24 winner Saturday over No. 1 seeded Appalachian State. The Eagles, ranked No.1 to end the regular season in The Sports Network/Fathead.com Top 25 NCAA Football Championship Subdivision poll, enter the game with an 11-2 record and riding a nine-game winning streak. Villanova, ranked 10th to end the regular season, is 9-4 and knocked off Montana in last year's FCS title game.

The other semifinal pits Georgia Southern (10-4) at third-seeded Delaware (11-2). The Georgia Southern Eagles ended the regular season ranked 20th and have won three-straight playoff games. The Blue Hens, who received a first-round bye, were ranked fifth to end the regular season.

"I love it," said Baldwin, who is now 9-6-1 in 16 post-season playoff games he has been a part of at the FCS, NCAA Division II and NAIA levels. "I talked to (North Dakota State) coach (Craig) Bohl before the game and he feels the same. He's been to the big level and I haven't experienced a bowl. He first was in the playoffs in 1984, and he had a couple of years where they weren't eligible. He told me he's been to bowl games and nothing compares to the feeling his guys were having right now. That was right out of his mouth. For me, it's all I've known. I've never been to the bowl level. I can't think of anything better than the playoffs. It's just a great feeling after a win. Each game is do or die.''

His team nearly died against North Dakota State, but came to life late in the game. After struggling with five turnovers in the second half during a snowstorm, the Eagles Eastern put together a 13-play, 90-yard drive to knot the game with 23 seconds to play on a 4-yard touchdown pass from Bo Levi Mitchell to Nicholas Edwards. Mitchell, who was 13-of-32 for 141 yards, two interceptions and three touchdowns in the game, had entered that drive with just 38 yards passing.

Tyler Hart gathered in a 25-yard touchdown pass from Bo Levi Mitchell on the first play of overtime, then linebacker J.C. Sherritt forced a fumble that was recovered by teammate Zach Johnson to end the game with NDSU at the Eastern 1-yard line.

It was the fifth time this season the Eagles have won after trailing or with the game tied in the fourth quarter. Eastern is now 7-4 all-time in overtime after playing its first game in extra periods since 2004.

"It's been a roller coaster year like that," said Baldwin. "We've played a number of close games, but none that I would classify like that. Our guys had to step up and make plays. The weather became a factor. It was a factor for both teams. It turned into a grind for a while where neither offense was able to do a whole lot. Their offense did a better job of going downhill. We were able to find a way to throw the ball late in the game. Bo (Levi Mitchell) played some of his best ball late in the game and in overtime."

Making its eighth appearance, the Eagles are now 7-7 in the FCS Playoffs and will be making their second appearance in the in the semifinals after winning for the second time in five trips to the quarterfinals. Villanova is making its ninth appearance and has won six-straight playoff games now. The Wildcats are 10-7 overall, with a 1-1 mark in the semifinals and 3-2 record in the quarterfinals.

In 1997, Villanova lost in the quarterfinals 37-34 to eventual champion Youngstown State. The week after that, Eastern fell to YSU 25-14 in the semifinals.

A year ago, Villanova was on top of the FCS world when Matt Szczur ran for 159 yards and two touchdowns and had another 68 yards receiving in a 23-21 victory over Montana and a 14-1 finish to the season.

This season, with Szczur (pronounced "see-zer") sidelined for six games and part of a seventh with a high ankle sprain, the Wildcats were just 6-4 before ending the regular season with a 28-21 overtime victory over then top-ranked Delaware. Since then, they have out-scored two playoff opponents 96-48 in dominating No. 3-ranked Stephen F. Austin 54-24 and No. 2-ranked and top-seeded Appalachian State 42-24.

In the win over the Mountaineers, Szczur had 104 rushing yards and three touchdowns, completed 2-of-2 passes for 58 yards and a touchdown, and caught five passes for 45 yards and another score. Against SFA, he had a career-high 11 catches for 128 yards and a TD, as well as nine rushes for 68 yards.

A 5-foot-11, 195-pound senior who is also an outstanding baseball player, Szczur received national plaudits for his off-the-field generosity in spring of 2010. He joined the national "Be The Match" registry as a freshman at Villanova in one of the football team's annual testing drives for potential bone marrow donors. Last spring, he donated peripheral blood cells to a young leukemia patient who only had a 1-in-80,000 chance of finding a match. He missed 10 games during the baseball season due to medication taken in advance of making his donation.

The Wildcats also feature on the of the nation's top collegiate offensive linemen at any level in Ben Ijalana (pronounced "eye-ja-lawn-a"). He was included on the voting list for this year's Walter Payton Award given to the nation's top offensive player and is projected to be the first FCS player taken in the NFL Draft. He finished 10th in the voting for the Outland Trophy given to the top lineman in the country at any level. He has started every Villanova game of his four-year career for the Wildcats and his current games started streak is now at 52 games.

Chi Panther
December 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
NDSU was physically superior to EWU. Watching the game, seemed like many EWU players were helped off the field. I think Nova would win regardless....but EWU may be beat up....and will make things worse for them.

LehighFan11
December 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I don't know much about EWU and I was disappointed in a few of their results this year. However, this RB looks to be a game changer. Hopefully he is able to play so EWU can give Nova it's best shot. Nova is 2-0 so far on the road so assuming they don't get cocky and prepare the same, the travel shouldn't be a problem. Nova's O is absolutely on a roll led by that massive OL. I'm tempted to say the score may get fairly high in this one.

Anovafan
December 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I think the biggest factor in this game will be the weather. If it is a decent weather day, I like Nova's chances. If it snows, all bets are off.

Saint3333
December 12th, 2010, 04:20 PM
EWU pay attention to #4, #71, and #9 on defense. All those guys are playing at another level right now. With that oline Nova should continue to roll. Villanova is the best overall opponent ASU has played in the last 6 seasons, maybe not as good of a defense as UMASS 2006, but overall better. It was almost as if their coaches had tapped into ASU's line the first half.

VUCats02
December 12th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I think the biggest factor in this game will be the weather. If it is a decent weather day, I like Nova's chances. If it snows, all bets are off.

I would say the opposite. If it's bad weather I like Nova's chances. If it's good weather, that definitely favors EWU.

HailSzczur
December 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM

i pray for snow, let whitney, szczur, ball, and babarro run free. we live off the run.

Anovafan
December 12th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Snow isn't good for either side, EWU can run the ball too. UNH last year was an aberration. Anything can happen in the snow, fumbled snaps, people falling. I'd rather have a decent weather day.

wmmii
December 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I will confess a CAA bias but 'NOVA is on roll, they will be dominant without any key injuries-Final Nova 35 EWU 17

EdubAlum
December 12th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Snow isn't good for either side, EWU can run the ball too. UNH last year was an aberration. Anything can happen in the snow, fumbled snaps, people falling. I'd rather have a decent weather day.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2010/dec/12/ewu/

Eastern Washington’s No. 1-ranked football team will be without the services of all-American running back Taiwan Jones for Friday night’s FCS semifinal playoff matchup against visiting Villanova.

According to EWU’s head athletic trainer Brian Norton, x-rays taken on Sunday showed that Jones suffered a fracture to the base of the 5th metatarsal in his left foot in Saturday’s 38-31 overtime playoff win over North Dakota State. According to Norton, Jones will consult with an orthopedic specialist on Monday to see if surgery is necessary.

Norton added therer might be a slight chance Jones could return for the FCS championship on Jan. 7 — provided surgery is performed, and the Eagles make it past Villanova at Roos Field on Friday night.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not too confident about an EWU win against Nova, with TJ out (broken foot). With that being said, I didn't think we'd beat Weber State without TJ either, but everyone else on the team stepped it up and we did win. I'm hoping for good weather for Mitchell's sake. Despite the outcome, yesterday was probably Mitchell's worst performance all year. Our receivers weren't so hot either... the weather definitely had an affect. Brandon Kaufman had a rare drop on a nice pass that should've been a TD. I don't imagine he'll let that happen again. Good luck to both teams, but more for my Eagles. :D

srgrizizen
December 12th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Nova wins this one with ease. EWU's only offense is their RB, and he is on crutches. It would be a much different game if he was healthy. Good luck to both teams and may the officiating not become the debacle of yesterday's match up.

Spoken by a fan of the team with a great ground game and possibly the worst passing attack in FCS playoff history.

HailSzczur
December 12th, 2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2010/dec/12/ewu/

Eastern Washington’s No. 1-ranked football team will be without the services of all-American running back Taiwan Jones for Friday night’s FCS semifinal playoff matchup against visiting Villanova.

According to EWU’s head athletic trainer Brian Norton, x-rays taken on Sunday showed that Jones suffered a fracture to the base of the 5th metatarsal in his left foot in Saturday’s 38-31 overtime playoff win over North Dakota State. According to Norton, Jones will consult with an orthopedic specialist on Monday to see if surgery is necessary.

Norton added therer might be a slight chance Jones could return for the FCS championship on Jan. 7 — provided surgery is performed, and the Eagles make it past Villanova at Roos Field on Friday night.

ouch what a blow. atleast hes not a senior because that would be an awful way to end your college career. nevertheless, friday will still be a great game, playoff football is a wacky beast

dudeitsaid
December 12th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Wow! What a blow to lose TJ. He is a gamechanger. I think it was going to be a tough game even with him playing. It's hard to imagine winning without him. That being said, this team just seems to pull the unlikely out on a regular basis.

VUCats02
December 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear your RB will not be able to go. Nonetheless, it is the playoffs and anything can happen. Nova's offense has been on a role lately, but I suspect that they'll slow down a little bit. It's hard to play that good on offense for three games in a row. I suspect if Nova is going to win this game it'll be won on the defensive side.

jlcharles
December 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I would have liked to have seen what he could have done against our D. At least he'll be back next year.

Poly's Brutality
December 13th, 2010, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=EdubAlum;1599606]http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-11/releases/10fbDec12EWU-VillanovaDate

A 5-foot-11, 195-pound senior who is also an outstanding baseball player, Szczur received national plaudits for his off-the-field generosity in spring of 2010. He joined the national "Be The Match" registry as a freshman at Villanova in one of the football team's annual testing drives for potential bone marrow donors. Last spring, he donated peripheral blood cells to a young leukemia patient who only had a 1-in-80,000 chance of finding a match. He missed 10 games during the baseball season due to medication taken in advance of making his donation.

xsmileyclapx

This guy has already won.

aust42
December 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Nova wins this one in a blow out 51-14.

Anovafan
December 13th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I can't believe the trainer let out the news of the broken foot. I would have thought "gametime decision" would be better, especially heading into their biggest game of the season.

fball27
December 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=EdubAlum;1599606]http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-11/releases/10fbDec12EWU-VillanovaDate

xsmileyclapx

This guy has already won.

Szczur is a class act and a great athlete. I'm also glad that he and Ijalana were invited to the Senior Bowl. I can't wait to see how they perform.

EdubAlum
December 13th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Any Nova fans coming? It's a long trip, but your "chance" at winning this game is pretty good. Maybe you can come early and watch Gonzaga play too, a nice a little double header.

I get the feeling there will be some west coast Villanova fans making trip, while i was booking my flight to spokane, i watched the flights go up 30 dollars right after the announcement.

100%GRIZ
December 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Any Nova fans coming? It's a long trip, but your "chance" at winning this game is pretty good. Maybe you can come early and watch Gonzaga play too, a nice a little double header.

I get the feeling there will be some west coast Villanova fans making trip, while i was booking my flight to spokane, i watched the flights go up 30 dollars right after the announcement.

Are you joking about the Gonzaga game? Impossible to get tickets!

EdubAlum
December 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Are you joking about the Gonzaga game? Impossible to get tickets!

they're playing an NAIA school:)

VBR_Productions
December 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
It's hard to bet against Whitney/Szczur with the way they've played the last month, but losing the FCS' second-leading rusher hurts a ton. At least the game is at EWU, and they showed a lot coming back late to beat NDSU.

srgrizizen
December 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
The App State game was the only time I've seen Villanova this year, but based on what I saw, how the heck did they ever lose four times? I'll pull for the Big Sky team, but I don't see EWU having much of a chance w/o Taiwan Jones. And since Villanova appears to be essentially the same team as last year, I'm even happier the Griz were able to hang with them and lose by just two points. Good luck to both teams -- I hope the winner wins it all. xbowx

jlcharles
December 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Injuries played a big part in the losses this year. I think we lost more man-games by the 4th week than we lost all of last year. Szczur lost 7 games to an ankle injury. Seems like we've gotten fairly healthy at the right time.

I think 18 starters returned this year as well.

Obzerver
December 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I can't believe the trainer let out the news of the broken foot. I would have thought "gametime decision" would be better, especially heading into their biggest game of the season.

Ahh I see you've fallen for it. Between you and me this broken foot is a smokescreen. It's not really broken and we keep it a secret until just before the game then Jones will come hopping out on the "supposed" broken foot. EWU is sneaky like that, I.E. 1) EWU smuggled in three cowbells to the NDSU game and those turned out to be a game changer. 2) We had 6,437 fans wear camo to make our crowd appear smaller and NDSU was taken back by the immense crowd noise becoming another game changer...the list goes on.

dudeitsaid
December 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'd say the chances of EWU winning the game against Nova is about as unlikely as a second half victory without our star player, going 90 yards, overcoming two 4th downs, with a QB who's thrown or fumbled the ball away 4 times in the second half while only managing 38 yards passing the whole game, and having to score the game tying touchdown with only 2 minutes left...IN THE SNOW!!!

One thing I will say about this EWU team is that they have a knack for doing the downright unlikely. I truly think this game should be a blowout, especially without Taiwan Jones. But, this team has taken a page out of the twilight zone. So, I will be shocked if EWU wins, but not surprised, if you get my drift.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I guess you don't remember the Villanova-New Hampshire game during last year;s quarterfinals? The Cats did pretty well in that snow storm. Was just talking about that with Vince Nicastro, Tom Yeager and Scott Meyer on Saturday in Boone.

Eastern Washington hasn't had that much experience with snow games, BTW.

Kramden
December 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Good luck to "Nova. I just hope there is not a let down after playing 2 very good games. I hope for an all Northeast Championship. Tough timing for EWU with the injury but "Nova has dealt with their fair share all year.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM

Really, that does seem foolish, i mean attribute a good portion to our win at Udel to the mindgames szczur played with their D. I would have atleast dressed the guy and stuck him on the sidelines that way we needed to prepare for him and be looking for him early.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:08 PM
The App State game was the only time I've seen Villanova this year, but based on what I saw, how the heck did they ever lose four times? I'll pull for the Big Sky team, but I don't see EWU having much of a chance w/o Taiwan Jones. And since Villanova appears to be essentially the same team as last year, I'm even happier the Griz were able to hang with them and lose by just two points. Good luck to both teams -- I hope the winner wins it all. xbowx

One word - SZCZUR. But even without him, I always thought they could beat anyone at anytime. The App State game was a shocker for me. Either App wasn't as good as billed, or Villanova is fantastic.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Whitney looked pretty banged up in the second half of the App game (even though he was still running all over the place). Anyone know his status (haven't read all the pages here)?

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Nova wins this one in a blow out 51-14.

Ouch. If Whitney is good to go, I can't disagree with that.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM

I think that's kind of crazy-talk. Szczur either ran, passed or caught 5 of 6 touchdowns in that game. Without them, they are above average at best, look at their record. Rooting for Villanova, but let's be real.

NovaWildcat
December 13th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I think that's kind of crazy-talk. Szczur either ran, passed or caught 5 of 6 touchdowns in that game. Without them, they are above average at best, look at their record. Rooting for Villanova, but let's be real.

We did beat Delaware in Newark without Szczur. We're obviously a better team with him than without, but we're not completely lost when he's not on the field.

Whitney will be good to go. He's very beat up, but he's a tough dude and knows he only has 2 games left.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:27 PM
We did beat Delaware in Newark without Szczur. We're obviously a better team with him than without, but we're not completely lost when he's not on the field.

Whitney will be good to go. He's very beat up, but he's a tough dude and knows he only has 2 games left.

True, but didn't every single loss come without Szczur (asking)? Including a tough going at W&M, that would have been close all the way with Szczur in there.

VUCats02
December 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
The only way Whitney won't be good to go is if he loses an arm or leg. And really he only has to make it past this one game because he'll have lots of time to rest up before the championship if Nova ends up winning this one.

jlcharles
December 13th, 2010, 08:27 PM

I think that Szczur still played a big part in the mental aspect of the team. The week before, at home, with the season on the line, they looked defeated. I've never seen one of our teams play the way they did. Sure, we've had teams stink, but they were just a beaten team. Just his presence turned things around tremendously.

Whitney will play unless he's dead. And even then, he may still play. Definitely one of the toughest football players I've ever seen.

GannonFan
December 13th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I think that Szczur still played a big part in the mental aspect of the team. The week before, at home, with the season on the line, they looked defeated. I've never seen one of our teams play the way they did. Sure, we've had teams stink, but they were just a beaten team. Just his presence turned things around tremendously.

Whitney will play unless he's dead. And even then, he may still play. Definitely one of the toughest football players I've ever seen.

And Sczur was a big part of nova's 2nd TD that day against UD. Of course, it also helped that nova got a special teams TD on the opening kickoff. UD was down 14-0 before 5 minutes were off the clock. Definitely an uphill climb after that.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Whitney looked pretty banged up in the second half of the App game (even though he was still running all over the place). Anyone know his status (haven't read all the pages here)?

i would find it hard to believe that he wouldnt play. last week evidently he did not practice as wasnt cleared until friday due to concussion like symptoms. with that gone the only thing i saw was some he coming up lame on afew play, like the one to end the 1st half. with a few days rest he should be fine, i hope

if worse comes to worst i would run wildcat almost all game with szczur and babbarro. szczur was a high school qb and showed his ability to throw the ball yet again this saturday. If anyone remembers the dolphins ended up running the wildcat for a whole 3rd earlier this year due to quarterback injuries and the rules about 3rd stringers entering before the 4th quarter. Beyond whitney the only other scholarship qb is redshirting, and the backup whose picked up some garabage minutes is a walk on...culcerito or something like that

Walkon79
December 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM
At least he'll be back next year.

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

VUCats02
December 15th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I don't know why, but I have a really bad feeling about this game. Nova knew specifically what they had to do to beat SFA and App, the coaches made the game plan to stop both of those teams' strengths, and we executed. EWU will surprise Nova a bit, and I think this will be a lot closer than the app state game. 3 weeks of traveling far away in a row. Finals all week (none for EWU). All of these factors are huge. I'm expecting a very very close game.

Old Cat Fan
December 16th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I don't know why, but I have a really bad feeling about this game. Nova knew specifically what they had to do to beat SFA and App, the coaches made the game plan to stop both of those teams' strengths, and we executed. EWU will surprise Nova a bit, and I think this will be a lot closer than the app state game. 3 weeks of traveling far away in a row. Finals all week (none for EWU). All of these factors are huge. I'm expecting a very very close game.

I agree the Nova could be caught off guards a little with the short week and westcoast game, after beating #1 App there is sure to be a let down somewhat, however if they do advance to the finals the three week rest will be just what the doctor ordered for the team . I do think they will win but will not be as easy as some think

Screamin_Eagle174
December 16th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I'd say the chances of EWU winning the game against Nova is about as unlikely as a second half victory without our star player, going 90 yards, overcoming two 4th downs, with a QB who's thrown or fumbled the ball away 4 times in the second half while only managing 38 yards passing the whole game, and having to score the game tying touchdown with only 2 minutes left...IN THE SNOW!!!

One thing I will say about this EWU team is that they have a knack for doing the downright unlikely. I truly think this game should be a blowout, especially without Taiwan Jones. But, this team has taken a page out of the twilight zone. So, I will be shocked if EWU wins, but not surprised, if you get my drift.

THIS. xthumbsupx

ASUSMC
December 16th, 2010, 05:52 PM
No offense EW fans, but Villanova will simply destroy you on Friday if Jones is out. Even if Jones is 100% healthy, they will defeat you handily.
Huge O line
great QB
Szczur is an absolute madman when healthy!
Quality coaching
Formidable defense also
Again, no offense EW fans, it's just a fact.

Ahh I see you've fallen for it. Between you and me this broken foot is a smokescreen. It's not really broken and we keep it a secret until just before the game then Jones will come hopping out on the "supposed" broken foot. EWU is sneaky like that, I.E. 1) EWU smuggled in three cowbells to the NDSU game and those turned out to be a game changer. 2) We had 6,437 fans wear camo to make our crowd appear smaller and NDSU was taken back by the immense crowd noise becoming another game changer...the list goes on.

EdubAlum
December 16th, 2010, 06:43 PM
No offense EW fans, but Villanova will simply destroy you on Friday if Jones is out. Even if Jones is 100% healthy, they will defeat you handily.
Huge O line
great QB
Szczur is an absolute madman when healthy!
Quality coaching
Formidable defense also
Again, no offense EW fans, it's just a fact.

no offense, but just because you got roasted doesn't mean we will.

VUCats02
December 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM

I agree. On paper it would seem that App State is way better than EWU, but this is the semi-finals. ANYTHING can happen.

Rob Iola
December 16th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Regardless of who wins, yet again Delaware (or GSU) gets screwed by having to play on Saturday - by that time all the NC tix will have been scooped up...

VUCats02
December 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Regardless of who wins, yet again Delaware (or GSU) gets screwed by having to play on Saturday - by that time all the NC tix will have been scooped up...

Very funny

mtbigdog
December 16th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Yes it does but we;re rooting for you!

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
No worries if Nova wins, they can't fill a school bus for road games!

Go Hens!

VUCats02
December 17th, 2010, 07:56 AM
It's GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours til kickoff. Let's get it done cats!!!!

GaSouthern
December 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hoping against all hope that is an All Eagles Day in Frisco! GO EAGLES!

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 09:14 AM
A betting man would put his money on an all CAA final!

ASUSMC
December 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
You are correct, we did get roasted but I made the comment because when this team is firing on all cylinders, you put any team in the FCS in front of them and they have the ability to really run the score up.

Last year Montana had a solid team full of great players and they got run over in the 2nd half by Szczur. I do wish you guys luck. Take advantage of that home field advantage!

henfan
December 17th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Looks like it will be cold and clear for this evening's game, so it'll be a red field, not pink.

mtbigdog
December 17th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Go Eagles. Local rumor of a VERY large group of Montana fans going to game tonight. Maybe Spokane can fill up the other half of the stadium! Wheres all the local support?

ngineer
December 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Go Wildcats! I expect a shoot out of an affair. VU, 38-31.

100%GRIZ
December 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
No worries if Nova wins, they can't fill a school bus for road games!

Go Hens!

Or Home games for that matter!

DSPSelym
December 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I pray to the football gods that EWU pulls out a win tonight... I would hate to face Vill in Texas. GO EAGLES!

Tubby Raymond
December 17th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I pray to the football gods that EWU pulls out a win tonight... I would hate to face Vill in Texas. GO EAGLES!

Don't worry, you'll be watching the game looking at winged helmets on TV

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM

By halftime tomorrow you'll be able to catch up on your Christmas shopping!

Anovafan
December 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM

We still have a score to settle with GSU from 1989, don't think I don't remember that one xnodx

I'm looking forward to watching both semi-final games, they should be great. Sadly, I couldn't make it out to Cheney for tonight's game.

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Anovafan would love another shot at your Cats in Frisco!

Crazy didn't think I would ever root for Nova.

Anovafan
December 17th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Anovafan would love another shot at your Cats in Frisco!

Crazy didn't think I would ever root for Nova.

I'll just be happy if we can get there. These road trips are killing me. Call me crazy, but I ain't rootin' for your hens tomorrow xrotatehx

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I'll just be happy if we can get there. These road trips are killing me. Call me crazy, but I ain't rootin' for your hens tomorrow xrotatehx

Hens roll in the rematch!

Anovafan
December 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM
At least we know the Cats can beat the Hens, I can't say the same thing about GSU. The triple option is tough to plan for in one week. I think the Hens will have a tough time tomorrow. You just can't practice the kind of cut blocking you need to simulate that offense for fear of crippling your defensive starters. I think GSU is a tougher match-up for Nova in the final, but like I said, I just hope we can get there. Whoever is there will deserve to be there.

LehighFan11
December 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I'll take Nova 31-17.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 17th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'll take Nova 31-17.

Nova by double digits. Bo Levi Mitchell give me zero confidence, and even with 4,000 frequent flyer miles by Villanova, I fail to see how EWU slows down/stops Nova.

Wildcat80
December 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Is it snowing?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Game about to start. I really can't see this one being that close.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
'Nova returns the opening kickoff, 7-0 Wildcats

Tod
Ouch Eagles!!!

OxSoxUNH05
Boom! Nova up 7. I gotta say I do like the red turf.

caribbeanhen
thats what happened to Delaware on the opening KO

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Nova returns opening KO for a TD!! BOO_YAA!!

That is one Gaudy looking field.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Can the Eagles answer that the same way they did against NDSU?

rumple
December 17th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Game over

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:10 PM
That was some nice touch on that ball, stepping into the pressure. TD EWU.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
EWU TD!!! Game over.

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Can the Eagles answer that the same way they did against NDSU?

Looks like they can...nice drive by EWU.

Nova has started slow in every PO game. D will step up.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
FUMBLE!!!

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Eagles recover the fumble!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Not good there. Could it be the old opening kickoff curse?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
That was a huge first down by EWU.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Good blocking downfield by the EWU WR on that play, getting #2 for Nova behind the ball. And that was a fantastic play by the QB for a 1st down, in the face of 2 defenders. Mitchell looks really good tonight; I haven't seen him play in non-white out conditions before.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM
10-7 EWU

Mr. C
December 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Here is the link for the College Sporting News blog on the Villanova-EWU game:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?132-Villanova-at-Eastern-Washington

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
10-7 EWU, both sides have to be a bit dissapointed, EWU with the penalty, 'Nova given up 2 and 24.

Tod
Well, even 'Nova/CAA fans are probably enjoying this game. I just hope it remains this good (or EWU blows out 'Nova). ;)

GSU Eagle
Looks lke the winner of this one will have in the 30s for points.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I think I am pulling for Eastern Washington.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM
And here's #4.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Uh-oh, Szczur doing his thing...

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I grow tired of all the CAA chest thumping. Time for Villanova to go down tonight.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Well, the announcer calls that six inches, I tell my wife it's nine...

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Uh-oh, Szczur doing his thing...

Impressive with the spelling, most dont even try

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Gee, a review. I wonder how much good this will do.

GSU Eagle
That might have been a fumble

charliej
Ah crap---- the dreaded "review"

LehighFan11
December 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
was it clear EWU recovered the ball? if not , review does nothing.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM
very impressed with EWU so far, mid way thru the 1st qtr and still in the ball game

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Def a fumble. Don't know about possession though.

charliej
Yep... it was a fumble

Go Lehigh TU owl
It was definitely a fumble but i'm not sure who recovered it. If 'Nova got the ball back it still should be a first down.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:35 PM
The review got it right.

Tod
YES!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow, another huge mistake by Villanova. You can't win a game like this turning the ball over.

GSU Eagle
Noa is busy sefl-destructing.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
EWU showing some mojo, Nova still on the plane

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
And EWU isn't missing Taiwan Jones so far in this game.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I realize that it's early, but 'Nova seems a bit...I don't know what. I'm hoping that they DON'T pull their heads out, otherwise...

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
EWU penalties doing the most damage thus far

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I realize that it's early, but 'Nova seems a bit...I don't know what. I'm hoping that they DON'T pull their heads out, otherwise...

They've been traveling a LOT...it may have caught up to them. They've also started slowly so far in the playoffs. But I'm right with you in the hoping.

GSU Eagle
EWU's little running back is quick.

caribbeanhen
where r the 3 Nova fans that hang around here?

GSU Eagle
Right now it looks like Villanova is a step slow.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Aarg, that was a TD.

charliej
They've been traveling a LOT...it may have caught up to them. They've also started slowly so far in the playoffs. But I'm right with you in the hoping.

That was my concern on another post...Fatigue may be a factor here

Tod
Oh, Man!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow, wide open!! EWU might pay for that!

caribbeanhen
wtf a texas leager pass

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM
EWU's receivers need to catch the ball.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Now, that was a bad play. Should have thrown that ball earlier...poor [non-verbal] communication. Settling for 2 FG instead of TDs could come back to bite EWU.

13-7

Go Lehigh TU owl
EWU not making Villanova pay too much for the turnovers. 1 play and 'Nova can be back in the lead.

GSU Eagle
Nova dodged a bullet there. 2 dropped passes. Still within 1 score.

caribbeanhen
Nova will take those FG's ...

Tod
May be the key to the game, keep the ball away from 'Nova!

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Nova will take those FG's ...

Abso-friggin-lutely

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I know it is only 1 quarter but EWU looks to be the quicker team.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM
"Nova averages 30 pts a game, 1st in the CAA, 42nd in the FCS"? That's weird.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Sack time

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
The whistle on that sack should have been blown a lot earlier. He was in the ground. Great rush by 98 to beat the hold.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
"Nova averages 30 pts a game, 1st in the CAA, 42nd in the FCS"? That's weird.

lets get back to this one later

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Villanova's D is going to get tired if the offense doesn't put together a couple drives soon.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Does not appear to be a huge crowd there tonight.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM
The whistle on that sack should have been blown a lot earlier. He was in the ground. Great rush by 98 to beat the hold.

Yeah, somebody could get hurt. Not that QB, but SOMEBODY! :)

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM
the home side looks full, and as for the visiting... looks like a Nova home game

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
With the crowd Nova draws can they seriously be a Big East school?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM
EWU is missing out on too many opportunities. 'Nova is going to make EWU pay soon.

Chemhen
Fumble by Sczcur!! EWU ball.

GSU Eagle
Another fumble by Nova.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Wow another fumble!! Szczur now!

caribbeanhen
that fumble looked weird

LehighFan11
Omg Szczur!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Not sure how much gas 'Nova's D has in the tank.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
EWU needs to score a TD here, can't keep settling for FGs and not expect Nova to take the lead. 3rd and long.

caribbeanhen
another parachute flare

GSU Eagle
EWU has been given several chances now to really make Nova pay but they aren't doing it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Go for it!

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah, after that first drive, Nova's D has really stepped up. EWU goes for it on 4th down and gets it.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
EWU put this on in the endzone and I could see this game getting away from Nova.

ASU_Fanatic
December 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Wow, two completely different Nova teams: they were a machine last week but are playing sloppy as ever tonight...WHY COULDN'T WE OF GOTTEN THIS NOVA TEAM!!!!?????

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
gotta get 6 here

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, after that first drive, Nova's D has really stepped up. EWU goes for it on 4th down and gets it.

Well, soon as I say something, Nova goes back to missing tackles. 1st and goal.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM
EWU put this on in the endzone and I could see this game getting away from Nova.

Nova will be heard from

GSU Eagle
TD. EWU looks clearly the better team right now. I am impressed with EWU's quarterback.

Chemhen
TD EWU.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Outside of the opening kickoff returned for a TD Nova's offense has done nothing.

LehighFan11
Wow Nova. Game started 8pm ET not 8pm PT.

Go Lehigh TU owl
'Nova is self destructing. Hold on to the ball, give their D a rest and they'll be fine imo.

blukeys
Wow, two completely different Nova teams: they were a machine last week but are playing sloppy as ever tonight...WHY COULDN'T WE OF GOTTEN THIS NOVA TEAM!!!!?????

I could say this every year.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Wow! Nice drive, Eagles! Keep the momentum, or this 'Nova team will do to you what they did to SFA after being down 21-7...

cougarpines
December 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Still wihin reach but hey look sluggish

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 08:00 PM
No need to panic yet.... but I am going to pour myself a tall one.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Nova needs an answer on this drive.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Great tackle.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM
That was cool! One awesome#4 taking down another...

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 08:04 PM
That was cool! One awesome#4 taking down another...

Heh, they're getting to be good friends.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:04 PM
EWU is doing a poor job of 3rd down defense right now.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Heh, they're getting to be good friends.

They're very close...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM
'Nova putting together a nice drive. Outside of that one run EWU doing a great job on Szczur.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Both QBs are getting lots of time to look for receivers.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Well, here comes 'Nova...

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Here we go...Nova needed this drive

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
We got the blue turf at Boise and now the red turf. Wonder how long it will be before we get a purple or orange turn.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:09 PM
We have a ball game now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
That's a TD. EWU now needs to respond or they might be going in to halftime trailing.

charliej
YES!!!!... TD! Nova settling in now.

Tod
Szczur gets in, but kind of cool how violently he was ripped back out again.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Nova's D is just sloppy, missed tackles all over the place.

DJKyR0
December 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM
If EWU manages to win this game I'm going to be beside myself. Nova looks very beatable, and in front of a weak crowd.

seattlespider
December 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
If EWU manages to win this game I'm going to be beside myself. Nova looks very beatable, and in front of a weak crowd.

Weak crowd? Looks pretty full there to me.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Damn!

Well, hold 'em, Eagles! Take it into the half with the lead!

LehighFan11
December 17th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Big drive. EWU gets ball at half so if they go into the lockeroom up 6 they should be thrilled.

blukeys
December 17th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Weak crowd? Looks pretty full there to me.

You need your eyes examined. There is no one in the visiting stands or in the end zone stands.

seattlespider
December 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM
You need your eyes examined. There is no one in the visiting stands or in the end zone stands.

The lack of visitors is the fault of EWU? The home side is packed, and the endzone is decent to me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
'Nova might as well take a knee. I really don't understand what Villanova is doing.

GSU Eagle
Pitiful clock management

charliej
WTF...CALL THE TO!!!

caribbeanhen
Talley running out the clock booooooooooooooooooooooo

Chemhen
Weird drive for Nova.

LehighFan11
I don't understand how coaches get paid the amount they do. TIMEOUT. HELLO. you can't tell me he doesn't believe in his O. lol

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Nova had a chance there to get some points but the clock management was strange

LehighFan11
Absolutely awful.

caribbeanhen
Whitney got blindsided... that kid is tough

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM
You gotta be kiddin me.

Looks like players aren't the only ones still on the plane

blukeys
December 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM
The lack of visitors is the fault of EWU? The home side is packed, and the endzone is decent to me.

I forgot. Richmond never fills up their stadium either.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
That was a weak end of the half by 'Nova. They could have completely stole momentum back yet they sat on it.

seattlespider
December 17th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I forgot. Richmond never fills up their stadium either.

Not sure why you are so hostile.

DJKyR0
December 17th, 2010, 08:28 PM

Chump change compared to the 19.000 that would've been at the Fargodome.

blukeys
December 17th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Not sure why you are so hostile.

Not sure why you can't see empty stands in the end zones and the visitor's side.

Tribe4SF
December 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Nova won't win if they tackle like they did in the first half. Jet lag, or whatever, they are not playing well. Talley gets an F for that last drive.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
This in anyone's game at this point. If Nova stops fumbling they have a good chance.

seattlespider
December 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Chump change compared to the 19.000 that would've been at the Fargodome.

Well, obviously I can't comment on that, but I just think it's a stretch to say it's a weak crowd. JMHO.

charliej
December 17th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Nova won't win if they tackle like they did in the first half. Jet lag, or whatever, they are not playing well. Talley gets an F for that last drive.

Last year in the NC game Montana looked like they were going to run away with it in the first half.I feel just like I did then. Nova's still in it. To give EWU all the chances they did & still only down by 6 is fortunate.

Agree with you on last drive..FUBAR.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 17th, 2010, 08:39 PM
So what is the attendance? Have they announced it? Good game so far, although I get the feeling that E. Wash needed to put Nova away with all those first half turnovers. Now, Nova's in it, the score is close, and big MO may shift to the vistors in the second half. That red turf makes me feel like I'm drowning in Red Powerade.

bleedblue
December 17th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I hate saying this but 3 fumbles and Nova is down only 6. Not a good sign for EWU. If they were up 14 to 17 then EWU could feel good.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 08:43 PM
So what is the attendance? Have they announced it? Good game so far, although I get the feeling that E. Wash needed to put Nova away with all those first half turnovers. Now, Nova's in it, the score is close, and big MO may shift to the vistors in the second half. That red turf makes me feel like I'm drowning in Red Powerade.

Thing about the turf, at least for me, is I don't even notice it anymore. And this is only the third game I've seen on it (all on TV, though). If more teams did similar things, we'd end up losing the "grass" mentality that is hardwired into our brains. Green is just another color, after all.

Tod
December 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I hate saying this but 3 fumbles and Nova is down only 6. Not a good sign for EWU. If they were up 14 to 17 then EWU could feel good.

I'm afraid I agree with you. Hopefully it's a good second half!

Tribe4SF
December 17th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Don't feel confident for Nova. Their D was on the field for 20 minutes, and they did not tackle well. I fear they will now wear down, and look even worse. First possession for EWU is really important. Nova D needs to get off the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
EWU got away with one there.