PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern @ Delaware

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

HensRock
December 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Right you are... those guys are faster bigger than the guys who play the same positions for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tampa Bay Bucs.

See what I told you guys??? This CAA is bigger and faster then NFL teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I ain't talking about poor NFL teams either, I mean NFL playoff contenders.

There ain't no way a bunch of freshmen and sophmore walkons from south georgia gonna' do anything against such elite professional quality talent.

This dude could teach Sandbagging 601 at McNeese State !!!!

ButlerGSU
December 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM
This dude could teach Sandbagging 601 at McNeese State !!!!

There is a lot of truth to what he, tongue in cheek, said. We are very young, look at the NCAA interactive bracket...it'll show you the statistical leaders of each team. You'll find about one junior for Georgia Southern and the rest will be freshmen and sophmores. It will be a big challenge for us to go up to Delaware and beat a well coached, deep team at home. The great thing we have going for us is that we shouldn't even be in the playoffs so we've got nothing to lose.

Going to be a great game and I'm excited I'll be there. Just hope I don't freeze! ;-)

HensRock
December 15th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Regardless of Saturday's outcome, GSU has had a great season and you guys must be real excited about your new coach and the future of Eagle Football. Most of us Delaware fans are not as cocky as some of the more vocal ones. We will have our hands full. Many on our boards were rooting for you guys against W&M. I told them to be careful what they wished for. I felt pretty confident we could beat W&M even though it would have been at their place. GSU introduces an unknown into the equation; the TO and a bunch of kids too young to realize that they are the underdog (I mean that in a good way). I hope the Eagle fans that make the trip stay warm and have a good time in Delaware - but not too good.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 15th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Classy post HensRock. Yes, we are happy to be here, and damn proud of our team. I just got finished reading our legendary Coach Erk Russell's autobiography, and I am as fired up about the game Saturday as I was about any of the playoffs in 85 and 86 while I was at Southern. Coach Russell had a way of making you feel like you were the most important person on the team, and you would run through a brick wall for that man. Coach Monken has that same kind of leadership and motivation for our kids. I know that on paper, Delaware has the stronger team, but I'm just glad that we're not playing on paper. (I'm hoping that we don't have to play it on ice or snow, either). I'm glad that we have a chance to play "just one more time," and hopefully after Saturday, "just one more time again!" I'm sorry that I can't be there Saturday. I was hoping to get the Vice President's autograph. Oh well, I'll settle for a win and a chance to watch it on National TV with my family and frends.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 15th, 2010, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Reading comprehension problem ?......."you are defintely going to be faster." That translates into..y'all be faster then us. My point was that we keep agreeing you win on team speed and you keep whining. No disrespect. I was agreeing but pointing out we've actually got a few people who can run also.[/QUOTE]

Actually, hens run pretty fast and are hard to catch. I remember when I was about 6 at my Great Grandmother's farm house in Mississippi and she had chickens in the yard. They were damn fast and hard to catch, especially when they were running scared!

JROCK98
December 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Let's Go Eagles!!!!

AAadict
December 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Many on our boards were rooting for you guys against W&M

Absolutely! But only 'cause I had rooms booked in Williamsburg and GSU saved me the cost of that trip. Thanks to that victory I have my parking pass/seats and a short jaunt to Newark. $ for beer vs. fuel...

Eaglesrus
December 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Let's Go Eagles!!!!

Glad to see the brethren rallying under the SoCon flag, thanks! Any of you Big South, MEAC, Southland, OVC, etc., fans that want to jump on board, we'll be glad to have you.

State Line Liquors
December 15th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Has anyone mentioned anything about the speed differences between the teams yet? I think we're starting to really get a good dialogue going, but we're leaving out a crucial topic.---Who's the faster team?

Eaglesrus
December 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Has anyone mentioned anything about the speed differences between the teams yet? I think we're starting to really get a good dialogue going, but we're leaving out a crucial topic.---Who's the faster team?

My understanding is that we don't have anything on Delaware, or any CAA team for that matter.

Nebuta
December 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
UD will have its hands full. The hens will look like they have refrigerators tied to their backs compared to the speed of Ga Southern. The Eagles triple option is going to give UD problems because the KC and the coaches have no idea how to plan for it. GSU is quicker, stronger and more agile then most FBS schools. The only problem I see in the Eagles future, will be this March when alot of their young talent goes to the pros early after winning a NC this year. GSU is LOADED, I tell ya, LOADED.

Rekdiver
December 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
We went through this with UD fans when Flacco was QB.......It was a tough pill to swallow for them. You will be with kindred souls in Texas.

ButlerGSU
December 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Glad to see the brethren rallying under the SoCon flag, thanks! Any of you Big South, MEAC, Southland, OVC, etc., fans that want to jump on board, we'll be glad to have you.

There is a link to viewing parties in several states at http://news.georgiasouthern.edu/pressrelease.php?id=2040

parr90
December 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Kind of a summery of what I have read in this whole thread and some on the Deleware board. I really dont know who will win this one but here are a few of my thoughts. Some Del fans think that because GSU is smaller that they will wear us down in the 4th. For those of you that did play at least at the college level you would know that the size thing is more a myth than a reality. Yeah all the announcers and TV folks say it during games but bigger doesnt mean stronger. Sometimes a guy giving up 20 lbs may be stronger and in better shape and over powers the bigger guy and doesnt get worn down. Yes size helps but more for shielding than anything else. Taking up more space, making it harder to go from A to B. GSU has faced so many teams that were much bigger where the size thing didnt matter. I watched our D line run threw SCST OL like they were butter. Granted I dont think they are as good as Del's OL but they were very big. While playing in college looking back I would say that the toughest players I faced were the smaller O lineman. Thats just me though. Another thing is speed. I dont think you guys are slow like some are saying. You obviously have good team speed. GSU will have alot of speed on D as they will run to the ball quickly. I think it should be a good game. Del may be to good for us I dont know. This is a GSU team that I personaly thought would never make the playoffs this year. Most these players werent recuited to play in our TO system.
You can take the size thing out of the equation IMO. It wont be a factor unless your OL is much stronger physicaly along with the size but I dont think that will be the case. As far as the weather we dont like the wet or cold or snow. Cold not so bad but wet isnt good for us. Good luck to the Hens you guys have a great program, should be a good one to watch.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Kind of a summery of what I have read in this whole thread and some on the Deleware board. I really dont know who will win this one but here are a few of my thoughts. Some Del fans think that because GSU is smaller that they will wear us down in the 4th. For those of you that did play at least at the college level you would know that the size thing is more a myth than a reality. Yeah all the announcers and TV folks say it during games but bigger doesnt mean stronger. Sometimes a guy giving up 20 lbs may be stronger and in better shape and over powers the bigger guy and doesnt get worn down. Yes size helps but more for shielding than anything else. Taking up more space, making it harder to go from A to B. GSU has faced so many teams that were much bigger where the size thing didnt matter. I watched our D line run threw SCST OL like they were butter. Granted I dont think they are as good as Del's OL but they were very big. While playing in college looking back I would say that the toughest players I faced were the smaller O lineman. Thats just me though. Another thing is speed. I dont think you guys are slow like some are saying. You obviously have good team speed. GSU will have alot of speed on D as they will run to the ball quickly. I think it should be a good game. Del may be to good for us I dont know. This is a GSU team that I personaly thought would never make the playoffs this year. Most these players werent recuited to play in our TO system.
You can take the size thing out of the equation IMO. It wont be a factor unless your OL is much stronger physicaly along with the size but I dont think that will be the case. As far as the weather we dont like the wet or cold or snow. Cold not so bad but wet isnt good for us. Good luck to the Hens you guys have a great program, should be a good one to watch.

I agree 100% Erk always said Runts try harder. I'd gladly give up 20+ pounds for more heart! Coach Monken has the team focused right, and I expect they will represent well. I expect no less from the Delaware players. It should be a good one. I know that Delaware is better on paper, but I'm glad that we're not playing it on paper. I'm just hoping we won't be playing it on ice or snow.

DSPSelym
December 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I don't think this has been posted enough...
"We are Georgia Southern. Our Colors are blue and white. We call ourselves the Bald Eagles. We call our offense the Georgia Power Company, and that's a terrific name for an offense. We practice on the banks of Beautiful Eagle Creek, and that's in Statesboro, GA, the gnat capital of America. And folks, you just can't beat that. You just can't beat Georgia Southern. And you ain't seen nothin' yet."

ButlerGSU
December 15th, 2010, 04:43 PM
"We are Georgia Southern. Our Colors are blue and white. We call ourselves the Bald Eagles. We call our offense the Georgia Power Company, and that's a terrific name for an offense. We practice on the banks of Beautiful Eagle Creek, and that's in Statesboro, GA, the gnat capital of America. And folks, you just can't beat that. You just can't beat Georgia Southern. And you ain't seen nothin' yet."

Just had to add the rest of the quote...Which I believe he gave at a football banquet? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

"And I'm gonna say it one more time. We're GEORGIA SOUTHERN. Our colors are BLUE AND WHITE. We call ourselves the BALD EAGLES.We call our offense the Georgia Power Company, and that's a terrific name for an offense, and our snapcount is "rate-hike". We practice on the banks of Beautiful EAGLE Creek and that's in STATESBORO, Georgia, the gnat capital of America. Our weekends begin on thursday, the co-eds out number the men 3-2. They're all good lookin' and they're all rich. And folks, you just can't beat that. And you just can't beat GEORGIA SOUTHERN, and you ain't seen nothin' yet. Thank you." - The great Coach ERK RUSSELL

DSPSelym
December 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Just had to add the rest of the quote...Which I believe he gave at a football banquet? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

"And I'm gonna say it one more time. We're GEORGIA SOUTHERN. Our colors are BLUE AND WHITE. We call ourselves the BALD EAGLES.We call our offense the Georgia Power Company, and that's a terrific name for an offense, and our snapcount is "rate-hike". We practice on the banks of Beautiful EAGLE Creek and that's in STATESBORO, Georgia, the gnat capital of America. Our weekends begin on thursday, the co-eds out number the men 3-2. They're all good lookin' and they're all rich. And folks, you just can't beat that. And you just can't beat GEORGIA SOUTHERN, and you ain't seen nothin' yet. Thank you." - The great Coach ERK RUSSELL

Haha wow I've never seen that version of it... I was looking around for a video but can't find anything so I'm not sure. It's great how a lot of those things are still true though

DaltonLegalEagle
December 15th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Erk gave various forms of this speech to a number of audiences and civic club speeches, but the full version that you show here was given at his retirement speech. The abbreviated version shown first was given by Erk to the American College Football Coaches Association at their annual banquet in 1990 at San Diego just after he retired, but I think a few weeks before he have the full version at Statesboro at his retirement.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 15th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Haha wow I've never seen that version of it... I was looking around for a video but can't find anything so I'm not sure. It's great how a lot of those things are still true though

You'll find a cut from Erk's retirement speech on the video "Erk: College Football's Miracle Worker" which was about an hour in length and was produced in the early 90's just after Erk retired. At the end of it, it shows Erk in a tuxedo at the podium giving his farewell address and this is how he ended it. This cut has also been used in several recent Ga. Southern football commercials.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM

xcoffeex

GSU EAGLES
December 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM

http://printereagle.younce.net/downloads/erkspeech.mp3 MP3 of the speech at his retirement in 1990 after completing the season at 15-0 winning his third championship.

DSPSelym
December 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM
http://printereagle.younce.net/downloads/erkspeech.mp3 MP3 of the speech at his retirement in 1990 after completing the season at 15-0 winning his third championship.

Thanks a lot.

bluehenbillk
December 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Closing in on 48 hours till kick!!

GaSouthern
December 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Closing in on 48 hours till kick!!

I am sooooooooooo excited, as pretty as it would be, I sure hope there is NO SNOW!

bluehenbillk
December 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I am sooooooooooo excited, as pretty as it would be, I sure hope there is NO SNOW!

Delaware is getting snow today - mostly downstate/MD/VA. Saturday will be clear & cold. Gametime temp should be around 35, may warm up to higher 30's by game end, but no precipitation forecasted. Cold & dry track.

LeadBolt
December 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
This is going to be a great game! Can't wait to watch. I'd guess that UD wins at home, but doesn't cover the spread. This one could go either way, imho.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
We went through this with UD fans when Flacco was QB.......It was a tough pill to swallow for them. You will be with kindred souls in Texas.

I'm pretty sure we were decided underdogs in that game. A lot of UD fans were just hoping for the best in that game but it didn't happen.

Henzone
December 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM

It is now snowing in Newark at the Tub !!!!!!!

GSUhooligan
December 16th, 2010, 01:54 PM
It is now snowing in Nerwark at the Tub !!!!!!!

I know you guys are more equipped for snow than us folk, how will the driving conditions be tomorrow night between Baltimore and Newark? Do they keep the highways sanded/salted down pretty good?

GaSouthern
December 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM
It is now snowing in Newark at the Tub !!!!!!!

Plenty of time to clean of the field before the game, weather said no snow this sat! Thank goodness!

HenZoneNation
December 16th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm with you...Snow would not be to our benifit either. Glad to see wind won't play a factor...that could have been a huge GSU advantage.

blueballs
December 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM
nm

Oldhen
December 16th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I know you guys are more equipped for snow than us folk, how will the driving conditions be tomorrow night between Baltimore and Newark? Do they keep the highways sanded/salted down pretty good?

I-95 should be dry by then

GannonFan
December 16th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Vegas has UD -7.5... I'd trust the guys who make their living betting games if I was looking for a prognostication.

I was replying to the UD/Appy St game in '07 where UD was the underdog. UD is a decent favorite for this Saturday's game and they should be - but being the favorite and winning are two different things. But, I like our chances on Saturday more than I liked our chances on a Friday 3 years in Tennessee.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Agreed - it's an inch to 3 inches max (and probably just a dusting) - I-95 won't even have a coating accumulate, driving conditions will be just fine, even for those unaccustomed with driving in such weather.

ButlerGSU
December 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/255199/november-09-2009/better-know-a-district---delaware-s-mike-castle

For those traveling up it is important to know a little about Delaware...

VBR_Productions
December 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM
There are at least two speeding cameras north of downtown Baltimore on I95. You'll see the signs for them. I think you can go 11 MPH without getting photographed but I wouldn't recommend being the fastest person on the road in those zones, either.

Oldhen
December 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Agreed - it's an inch to 3 inches max (and probably just a dusting) - I-95 won't even have a coating accumulate, driving conditions will be just fine, even for those unaccustomed with driving in such weather.

I'd actually be a bit more worried about Saturday night and Sunday.

Folks that head south right after the game might be missing out on a mess in the I-95 corridor

bluehenbillk
December 16th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Actually fans coming from the South will run into weather no matter when they leave. Best to leave immediately after game, tail between legs, walking very quietly, and will probably just get rain in VA & the Carolinas. Leave Sunday & it'll be snow most likely.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 16th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Wow! I was thinking about weather, remembering when Delaware came to Statesboro and melted in the heat when I looked up the date of that game - Sept 8, 2001.

blueballs
December 16th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I was replying to the UD/Appy St game in '07 where UD was the underdog. UD is a decent favorite for this Saturday's game and they should be - but being the favorite and winning are two different things. But, I like our chances on Saturday more than I liked our chances on a Friday 3 years in Tennessee.

Yup, I am slow to the dance and figured out what you were referring to after I had posted, hence the edit to "NM."

UD should be favored this weekend. They're seeded, tanned, rested, ready, and (did I mention?) higher seeded. This is GSU's 5th road game in 6 weeks (UD's 10th home game) and they are young. I expect a good game because GSU is tough but they have a tall order Saturday against UD.

blueballs
December 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Wow! I was thinking about weather, remembering when Delaware came to Statesboro and melted in the heat when I looked up the date of that game - Sept 8, 2001.

I was at that game and Paul Johnson called off the dogs in an obvious sign of respect to Tubby Raymond.

I stayed in Savannah the night before that game and as I was riding over to Statesboro that Saturday I passed the UD team buses. I was in a convertible and held a GSU hat up to taunt them and only one player in three buses flicked me off. I knew right then they were in trouble.

The semi-final game in 2000 between GSU and UD in Newark was right chilly IIRC.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I was at that game and Paul Johnson called off the dogs in an obvious sign of respect to Tubby Raymond.

I stayed in Savannah the night before that game and as I was riding over to Statesboro that Saturday I passed the UD team buses. I was in a convertible and held a GSU hat up to taunt them and only one player in three buses flicked me off. I knew right then they were in trouble.

The semi-final game in 2000 between GSU and UD in Newark was right chilly IIRC.

The '01 UD team was terrible - one of Tubby's worst teams ever and probably a reason why he was happy to retire at the end of the year, just barely getting his 300th win in the final game. Just made it even more shocking that UD was able to, just one year later, beat GSU in the opening game of the '02 year. But that '01 team was bad (and UD's had some bad years this decade - '01, '06, and '08 all compete for which year was the worst).

Eaglesrus
December 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
The '01 UD team was terrible - one of Tubby's worst teams ever and probably a reason why he was happy to retire at the end of the year, just barely getting his 300th win in the final game. Just made it even more shocking that UD was able to, just one year later, beat GSU in the opening game of the '02 year. But that '01 team was bad (and UD's had some bad years this decade - '01, '06, and '08 all compete for which year was the worst).

Well, let's just make it clear that they were bad by CAA standards. I'm sure that they would have won the title in any other conference. After all, it is a CAA world, you know.

AAadict
December 16th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Well, let's just make it clear that they were bad by CAA standards. I'm sure that they would have won the title in any other conference. After all, it is a CAA world, you know.

C'mon man.

blukeys
December 16th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Only one player melted. He was the QB and I won't mention his name as I am friends with the family. He dropped the ball on multiple plays and couldn't complete a 3 yard pass. The 2001 team had some talent but was deficient in certain key skill positions.

Anyone who thinks that UD wilted in the heat has never been in the Mid Atlantic in August and September.

gsu1moretime
December 17th, 2010, 03:24 AM
"talk is cheap I wanna see some action" less than 30 hrs away..

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Pack your long johns...gonna be in the 20's with wind chill.

Hens by 10!

YoUDeeMan
December 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
There are at least two speeding cameras north of downtown Baltimore on I95. You'll see the signs for them. I think you can go 11 MPH without getting photographed but I wouldn't recommend being the fastest person on the road in those zones, either.

This bears repeating.

The cameras are located on the left hand side of the road...mounted on a white SUV. Lately, there is ALWAYS one just before the I-695 exit a few miles north of the tunnel. They recently moved the second one to I-195 about 1 mile from from BWI heading towards I-95.

henfan
December 17th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Well, let's just make it clear that they were bad by CAA standards.

That '01 UD team was bad by any standards. On the other side, GSU had a really fine team that season. I was really disappointed that UD wasn't able to bring a competitive team to its first trip to the 'Boro.

I enjoyed our trip to Statesboro regardless of the outcome. Great FB fans there! Just a terrific FCS experience all the way around. And not a single no-see-'em bite!

The sun and heat didn't bother me at all. I've attended hotter, more humid games in Newark and elsewhere. In fact, our game in College Park, MD a few years back might have been the hottest, most miserable athletic event I've ever attended.

Side Judge
December 17th, 2010, 11:00 AM
This bears repeating.

The cameras are located on the left hand side of the road...mounted on a white SUV. Lately, there is ALWAYS one just before the I-695 exit a few miles north of the tunnel. They recently moved the second one to I-195 about 1 mile from from BWI heading towards I-95.

Be aware too that there's an SUV-mounted speed camera in a work zone on I-95 between the Washington beltway and I-695 south of Baltimore (695's the Baltimore beltway so you'll cross it twice). And I-95 inside the Baltimore beltway is always heavily patroled, plus the speed limit dips to 55.

Speed cameras suck...

Fear the Bird
December 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM
That '01 UD team was bad by any standards. On the other side, GSU had a really fine team that season. I was really disappointed that UD wasn't able to bring a competitive team to its first trip to the 'Boro.

I enjoyed our trip to Statesboro regardless of the outcome. Great FB fans there! Just a terrific FCS experience all the way around. And not a single no-see-'em bite!

The sun and heat didn't bother me at all. I've attended hotter, more humid games in Newark and elsewhere. In fact, our game in College Park, MD a few years back might have been the hottest, most miserable athletic event I've ever attended.

As I was reading the beginning of your post all I could think about was the Maryland game and then you finished perfectly! That game was one of the hottest, most dehydrated, miserable football games I have been to.

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Will the cold be a factor??

Of the 94 players on Georgia Southern's numerical roster, 73 are from Georgia. The northernmost player is Deonte Watkins, a junior cornerback from Walkersville, Md.

Eaglesrus
December 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Will the cold be a factor??

Of the 94 players on Georgia Southern's numerical roster, 73 are from Georgia. The northernmost player is Deonte Watkins, a junior cornerback from Walkersville, Md.

Prior to today (finally back into the 60s) it had been as cold here for a few days as it will be tomorrow in Newark. I don't know if a few days is enough to get acclimated, but I'm guessing our guys spent a lot of time outside the first few days of the week.

Baldy
December 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Prior to today (finally back into the 60s) it had been as cold here for a few days as it will be tomorrow in Newark. I don't know if a few days is enough to get acclimated, but I'm guessing our guys spent a lot of time outside the first few days of the week.
Plus it was in the mid 30's when we played W&M in Williamsburg, and we all know what happened that day.

The cold will not be a factor on Saturday.

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Can't wait...T minus 22 hours!

DSPSelym
December 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Pulling hard for EWU to win tonight... I think both of our teams are.

blueballs
December 17th, 2010, 01:48 PM

You know, I felt kinda' sorry for Tubby that year. He had a stacked team in 2000 that kinda' melted down in the semis and to fall that quickly and that far in his swan song was kinda' cruel.

I'm glad y'all named your yard for him (I was at that 2002 game) and that last year is but a footnote in his overall body of work.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM
GO HENS.......

Gamecocks99
December 17th, 2010, 02:37 PM
The Eagles of Georgia Southern Win a slobber knocker over The Blue Hens of Delaware by 6 points. Please no Pontificating from our Friends from Delaware.

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 02:45 PM
The Eagles of Georgia Southern Win a slobber knocker over The Blue Hens of Delaware by 6 points. Please no Pontificating from our Friends from Delaware.

I guess getting smoked by Wofford makes you an expert??

LehighFan11
December 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I'll take Del in a close one probably on a Devlin late 4th Q drive. 24-21.

parr90
December 17th, 2010, 03:43 PM

It must not have been one of the hotest ones then that you attended at GSU. As a player I can remember some very hot games that were terrible for me and Im from GA. I can remember playing Valdosta St in the first game one year I think 89. It was so hot that older folks were passing out in the stands and being taken away. The humidity makes it worse and the gnats bother you even more if your not used to them. I think they have sprayed so much over the years that the gnats arent as bad any more. As far as weather at yalls place, we dont like the cold, wet, or snow. We just dont do well in extream cold or wet. If it is in the 20's for the game it will favor you guys alot.

parr90
December 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
As I was reading the beginning of your post all I could think about was the Maryland game and then you finished perfectly! That game was one of the hottest, most dehydrated, miserable football games I have been to.

Looking at your schedule and results at the bottom of your post it seems that you guys havent scored many points on teams other than Lehigh, Umass, and Towson and many of your games were close. Doesnt really mean anything once your in the playoffs though. Im just thinking that our defense is better than many of the teams defenses you guys played this year so Im wondering how that will play out. Plus the fact that you havent faced our offensive system and playing Navy in the past doesnt really count. However we arent so great defending great passing teams so it could be interesting. It may be a low scoring game.

Gamecocks99
December 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I guess getting smoked by Wofford makes you an expert??

3 points = smoked - I don't think so !

Please no Pontificating.

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Gamecocks99 enjoy the game tomorrow on ESPNU and dream about what could have been!

Gamecocks99
December 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Gamecocks99 enjoy the game tomorrow on ESPNU and dream about what could have been!

No dreaming needed. Georgia Southern by 6 points and your team goes home.

DSPSelym
December 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
It must not have been one of the hotest ones then that you attended at GSU. As a player I can remember some very hot games that were terrible for me and Im from GA. I can remember playing Valdosta St in the first game one year I think 89. It was so hot that older folks were passing out in the stands and being taken away. The humidity makes it worse and the gnats bother you even more if your not used to them. I think they have sprayed so much over the years that the gnats arent as bad any more. As far as weather at yalls place, we dont like the cold, wet, or snow. We just dont do well in extream cold or wet. If it is in the 20's for the game it will favor you guys alot.

Hell that last game against UGA was the hottest game I think I've been to in my life. Had to have been in the upper 90's and then we had the sun right on top of us.

Henbychoice
December 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM
The game comes down to 2 very good defenses that are often overlooked due to their respective teams' great offenses. Will the GSU defense's speed over come their lack of size or will the UD defense have the patience and execution to successfully defend the unfamiliar offense. I hope for the latter over the former and I can't wait for the game to start.

It looks like the weather will cooperate and not be a factor in the game either way but to all the GSU fans coming up the NWS is still saying that there's a chance, although it appears to be small and getting smaller, for a humdinger snow storm in the area later on Sunday.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 17th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Hell that last game against UGA was the hottest game I think I've been to in my life. Had to have been in the upper 90's and then we had the sun right on top of us.

Yes, I was on the field for the UGA game in 2004 and it was miserably hot, but I was in their 600's seats in that new upper deck that's half-way to heaven, but it felt like hell on that Labor Day Saturday in 2008.

DSPSelym
December 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah in 08 I behind the endzone and the sun was beating on us for hours...

ButlerGSU
December 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Gotta get in the bed so I can make my flight tomorrow at 7am. Looking forward to a great game between two great schools! See you all in Delaware Stadium!

Go Eagles!

GSU1-A
December 17th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Almost Gameday! EAGLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gsu1moretime
December 18th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Columbus GA where you watchin the game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 12:07 AM
This game sold out?

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Go GS!!!!!!!!

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Who's favored to win this game? Can anybody do an indepth report about these two teams?

tractorapp
December 18th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Ok, I can do this, no excuses, here goes.... Let's go GSU, represent the SoCon, I repeat Go Eagles. There, oh man, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Ok, I can do this, no excuses, here goes.... Let's go GSU, represent the SoCon, I repeat Go Eagles. There, oh man, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

I don't believe! Appy rooting for GS! Look everybody!!!!!!! Quick , before he changes his mind!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

VUCats02
December 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
If Delaware didn't have Devlin, I'd say GSU would win. However, Delaware has Devlin, so I'll predict that Delaware wins by 13 points.

GSU EAGLES
December 18th, 2010, 09:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMj9R_ZmTLM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZr8xr-Uz8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgfHK-D12A

Georgia Southern Navy recap on CBS Sports

http://www.youtube.com/user/CBSSports#p/search/0/C5m4yq7aebw

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Who's favored to win this game? Can anybody do an indepth report about these two teams?

Montana man,

Here's the skinny: Ga. Southern is back with its vaunted Triple Option this year under new head coach Jeff Monken, a pupil of Coach Paul Johnson at Ga. Southern, Navy and then Ga. Tech. Coach Monken came to Statesboro AFTER Ga. Tech's bowl game with Iowa and did not have time to recruit new players much for this offense. He did pick up Junior transfer QB Jaybo Shaw who played two years behind Josh Nesbitt at Ga Tech and started a couple of games his freshman year. Shaw was also familiar with the TO having run it in high school. No one else had played in the TO in college, but a few of the skill players had some high school experience. The offense is good, but can be sluggish and is not clicking like the teams of the past yet, and is loaded with sophomores and freshmen.

The defense and special teams is Ga. Southern's real story this year. Junior NG Brent Russell is a first team all-american an is a beast. He has disrupted offenses all year and created many turnovers for other players around him. He is a load. The rest of the defense is serviceable with lots of sophomores and freshmen. The strength is in the line, but there is plenty of speed in the secondary though they are small. Our returners and blocking schemes on returns is strong, and we have one of the best kickers and punters in the country with Juniors Adrian Mora (kicker) & Charlie Walker (punter).

Ga. Southern's offense averages @28 points per game, but its defense only averages giving up @17 points per game. In our tough wins over App. State, Furman and others, our defense kept the other team from reaching the endzone time and time again giving our offense time to find a way to make a winning drive to score. In our 6 NC years, the common thread is that our offense always averaged over 30 ppg, but our defense gave up less than 20 ppg. In our other good seasons where we came up short, our defense did not hold opponents under 20 on average per game.

As for Delaware, I'll leave it up to a Blue Hen fan to provide the analysis, except to say that QB Devlin is a transfer from Penn State, has a quick delivery and is a good field general. He has the arm strength to go deep, but is more comfortable with quick routes and picking the defense apart with quick strikes by holding the ball only 2 or 3 seconds before throwing, thus preventing any effective pass rush. The lines are veteran on both sides and are capable of grinding it out and wearing down the opposing team. Their secondary has been suspect in a few games and their overall team speed is okay, but not stellar. However, as Ga. Southern rarely passes from this offense, the Hen secondary likely will not be tested much. Southern typically lulls you into sleep with its runs, and then will pop a big pass on you when your secondary starts to cheat up to the line to stop the run. So, it would be hard to get a good read on the Hen secondary today except to see whether they are physical enough to make consistent tackles in the open field along the edges of the TO attack. Some teams, including Georgia over the past 2 or 3 times we have played them, do not have the CBs and Safeties who like to get their nose dirty and make tough tackles. Teams with a Deion Sanders-like Secondary don't like the TO.

Delaware is ranked #3, tied with William & Mary for the CAA Title, lost only to W&M and Villanova, two playoff teams. They did not play an FBS (I-A) game this year, instead preferring to keep another home game with a lesse opponent. They beat James Madison (another running team) close, and they handled Lehigh and New Hampshire in the playoffs, which are arguably their ony good wins (meaning wins over good teams). I'm not sure their full potential has yet been realized, (meaning I don't know how much they've been tested this year with no FBS game, no out of conference tough opponent-although South Dakota St. was intended to be that game), so I'm not sure how far they can go. They are favored over Ga. Southern but not heavily. The path is open in their minds for an easy road to their 2nd NC, (Ga. Southern instead of a rematch with William & Mary or Wofford, and E. Wash instead of a rematch with Villanova or App. State in the final game). So, they may not be saying it, but they are surely thinking it, that this is their year with all of the other favorites going down around them.

Line-Delaware by 3. My prediction (hope- Ga. Southern 27 Delaware 24).

superman7515
December 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
They beat James Madison (another running team) close, and they handled Lehigh and New Hampshire in the playoffs, which are arguably their ony good wins (meaning wins over good teams).

6 wins against ranked FCS teams...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Got to stick by my guns and say Delaware 27-14.

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Montana man,

Here's the skinny: Ga. Southern is back with its vaunted Triple Option this year under new head coach Jeff Monken, a pupil of Coach Paul Johnson at Ga. Southern, Navy and then Ga. Tech. Coach Monken came to Statesboro AFTER Ga. Tech's bowl game with Iowa and did not have time to recruit new players much for this offense. He did pick up Junior transfer QB Jaybo Shaw who played two years behind Josh Nesbitt at Ga Tech and started a couple of games his freshman year. Shaw was also familiar with the TO having run it in high school. No one else had played in the TO in college, but a few of the skill players had some high school experience. The offense is good, but can be sluggish and is not clicking like the teams of the past yet, and is loaded with sophomores and freshmen.

The defense and special teams is Ga. Southern's real story this year. Junior NG Brent Russell is a first team all-american an is a beast. He has disrupted offenses all year and created many turnovers for other players around him. He is a load. The rest of the defense is serviceable with lots of sophomores and freshmen. The strength is in the line, but there is plenty of speed in the secondary though they are small. Our returners and blocking schemes on returns is strong, and we have one of the best kickers and punters in the country with Juniors Adrian Mora (kicker) & Charlie Walker (punter).

Ga. Southern's offense averages @28 points per game, but its defense only averages giving up @17 points per game. In our tough wins over App. State, Furman and others, our defense kept the other team from reaching the endzone time and time again giving our offense time to find a way to make a winning drive to score. In our 6 NC years, the common thread is that our offense always averaged over 30 ppg, but our defense gave up less than 20 ppg. In our other good seasons where we came up short, our defense did not hold opponents under 20 on average per game.

As for Delaware, I'll leave it up to a Blue Hen fan to provide the analysis, except to say that QB Devlin is a transfer from Penn State, has a quick delivery and is a good field general. He has the arm strength to go deep, but is more comfortable with quick routes and picking the defense apart with quick strikes by holding the ball only 2 or 3 seconds before throwing, thus preventing any effective pass rush. The lines are veteran on both sides and are capable of grinding it out and wearing down the opposing team. Their secondary has been suspect in a few games and their overall team speed is okay, but not stellar. However, as Ga. Southern rarely passes from this offense, the Hen secondary likely will not be tested much. Southern typically lulls you into sleep with its runs, and then will pop a big pass on you when your secondary starts to cheat up to the line to stop the run. So, it would be hard to get a good read on the Hen secondary today except to see whether they are physical enough to make consistent tackles in the open field along the edges of the TO attack. Some teams, including Georgia over the past 2 or 3 times we have played them, do not have the CBs and Safeties who like to get their nose dirty and make tough tackles. Teams with a Deion Sanders-like Secondary don't like the TO.

Delaware is ranked #3, tied with William & Mary for the CAA Title, lost only to W&M and Villanova, two playoff teams. They did not play an FBS (I-A) game this year, instead preferring to keep another home game with a lesse opponent. They beat James Madison (another running team) close, and they handled Lehigh and New Hampshire in the playoffs, which are arguably their ony good wins (meaning wins over good teams). I'm not sure their full potential has yet been realized, (meaning I don't know how much they've been tested this year with no FBS game, no out of conference tough opponent-although South Dakota St. was intended to be that game), so I'm not sure how far they can go. They are favored over Ga. Southern but not heavily. The path is open in their minds for an easy road to their 2nd NC, (Ga. Southern instead of a rematch with William & Mary or Wofford, and E. Wash instead of a rematch with Villanova or App. State in the final game). So, they may not be saying it, but they are surely thinking it, that this is their year with all of the other favorites going down around them.

Line-Delaware by 3. My prediction (hope- Ga. Southern 27 Delaware 24).

Thank you for the info.This is exactly what I was looking for. One last question,are both teams (healthy,injuries,top players out for season)?xthumbsupx

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the info.This is exactly what I was looking for. One last question,are both teams (healthy,injuries,top players out for season)?xthumbsupx

Both teams are healthy as far as I know. Delaware's FB and MLB may be dinged up but should play. Also, Ga. Southern QB was knocked out of the SC State (1st round playoff game), but came back strong the next two weeks, and Ga. Southern RB (Robert Brown) has fought some back injuries which kept him out of some games earlier in the season. Everyone on both sides should be read to play.

GSU1-A
December 18th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Columbus GA where you watchin the game?

At home with no sharp knives or fire arms around me in case we start off slow! ;)

GSU1-A
December 18th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I don't believe! Appy rooting for GS! Look everybody!!!!!!! Quick , before he changes his mind!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Thanks tractorapp! If the situation was reversed, I'd say go 'Neers.... Unless they were about to tie our number of NC's.. ;)

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Both teams are healthy as far as I know. Delaware's FB and MLB may be dinged up but should play. Also, Ga. Southern QB was knocked out of the SC State (1st round playoff game), but came back strong the next two weeks, and Ga. Southern RB (Robert Brown) has fought some back injuries which kept him out of some games earlier in the season. Everyone on both sides should be read to play.

Again thank you for the info.I remember playing GS, and being a very tough opponent!xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Not saying it is not possible but for everyone saying that GSU is gonna get badly beat... Our worst loss of the season was by 8 points.

pleahy1
December 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
How is CJM's hamstring?

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
How is CJM's hamstring?

Haha, I think he was fine after the game. :)

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Again thank you for the info.I remember playing GS, and being a very tough opponent!xthumbsupx

Yeah, we had some good hard fought games with your Grizzlies. Who are you rooting for today?

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
You boys ready for the slobber knocker?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Channelsurfing link keeps lagging. Anyone else using it?

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Here we go! 7 in the box for GSU - inviting UD to run...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Crowd looks small. The UD-Lehigh game was easily the best attended playoff game at the Tub.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Crowd looks small. The UD-Lehigh game was easily the best attended playoff game at the Tub.

Yeah baby! 3 and out, great job D!

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2010, 11:07 AM

Not just you, I'm having the same issue (and it's not my internet, I have pretty high-speed cable, I've been able to stream two HD ESPN3 feeds at the same time without a problem).

Go Lehigh TU owl
Good stop by the GSU defense. Now we'll see how the Hens handle the TO.

DaltonLegalEagle
ouch!

Rob Iola
GSU fans out in force - hearing the "De-FENSE" cheer...

3 and out...

glsjunior
Y'all got the chick announcer. That sux!

Rob Iola
and BOOM! goes the dynamite...

VUCats02
December 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Wow. Delaware clearly is unprepared for this TO.

DSPSelym
There was an aweful pass by Jaybo on the first... but drive so far though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Well UD looks clueless on D so far.

GSU EAGLES
December 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Triple Option Baby!!!!!

UMass922
December 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM

Yeah, it's lagging for me too. But I guess it's what we're stuck with. Why isn't this game being streamed on ESPN3.com?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Wow, GSU got away with one there.

VUCats02
December 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM
GSU gets away with a huge mistake. Horrible pitch by Jaybo.

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Here comes that jaybo sneak.

Go Lehigh TU owl
If UD doesn't get their act together on D they're in for a long day.

Rob Iola
DTs need to keep the guards off of the LBs or GSU's gonna run away with this...

VUCats02
December 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Fumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Oh God.... not today...

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow, another fumble by GSU and this time they don't get away with!!

dwtime
two bad plays by the GS QB

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Terrible exchange by GSU leads to a UD fumble recovery at the goal line...

VUCats02
No way this call is getting overturned.

DaltonLegalEagle
Hold 'em D. Go Eagles!

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Fear the Manbearpig.

DaltonLegalEagle
Great stop!

VUCats02
Why is UD running 5 yard routs on 3rd and long?

dwtime
3 and out for Del

glsjunior
December 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Southern looks hella fast today.

Rob Iola
Would like to see faster replays (wouldn't we all) - causing the on-field officials to be too tentative...

DaltonLegalEagle
Okay, should have had a TD earlier, but no harm. Let's drive this thing down their throats now! Go TO! once more, with feeling! (& no mistakes)

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:19 AM
GSU needs to score on this drive while UD is asleep...

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:19 AM
GSU must score on this drive.

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM
That's better scraping by the LBs...

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Where are the Delaware fans? Shopping?

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:22 AM
OUCH incomplete pass hurts.

DSPSelym
We have to at least score on every possession and keep the pressure on Devlin otherwise we're gonna get carved up later.

DSPSelym
Here's our strongest part of the team.. ST.

Rob Iola
Passing's gonna be a problem for GSU if the WRs aren't used to catching balls in the cold - that was a nice pass by Shaw...

UMass922
Ok, I'm losing my patience with the channelsurfing feed. Any better options for those of us who don't get ESPNU? I still don't get why the game isn't being streamed on ESPN3.

dwtime
Delaware D shows whats its made of that time, 3 and out for GS.

Go Lehigh TU owl
GSU didn't show much on offense that drive. Devlin will find his rhythm.

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
GSU band and fans are a loud bunch, can clearly hear their chants on TV.

dwtime
December 18th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ok, I'm losing my patience with the channelsurfing feed. Any better options for those of us who don't get ESPNU? I still don't get why the game isn't being streamed on ESPN3.

Yeah my feed keeps cutting out

Rob Iola
7 in the box won't get it done for GSU's D against AP...

DSPSelym
Here comes trouble....Devlin woke up.

Rob Iola
UD finding their rhythm on O - that goal-line fumble really hurt GSU...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Pierce is tough to stop. He killed Lehigh which opened up the passing game for Devlin. He's quick and runs low to the ground. Tough guy to bring down.

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:25 AM
You're not going to be able to run on us Delaware..

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Like having 28 in their at RB - surehanded...

VUCats02
You're not going to be able to run on us Delaware..

They're running to set up the passing game. It's what they do.

GaSouthern
Del QB doing a good job selling the pass and changing direction.

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:27 AM
They're running to set up the passing game. It's what they do.

Kinda like GSU's FB dive.

Rob Iola
Devlin's looking comfortable - if GSU's line can't get pressure on him this will be a long afternoon...

DSPSelym
I realize but eventually there will be a fumble.

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Devlin's looking comfortable - if GSU's line can't get pressure on him this will be a long afternoon...

Don't worry, #66 will find him.

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
UD moving the GSU safeties to the sidelines - setting up the deep middle...

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
UD moving the GSU safeties to the sidelines - setting up the deep middle...

Our secondary is piss poor anyway.

VUCats02
This has been a FAST first quarter.

Rob Iola
Outside run to 30 will open up the keeper by Devlin - he can run pretty good...

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Delaware is very lucky right now to not be behind.

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
66 needs to hit Devlin a few times; when Pat gets like this he'll start ripping off double-digit strings of completions...

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
66 needs to hit Devlin a few times; when Pat gets like this he'll start ripping off double-digit strings of completions...

Ok guys, thats the game, get back on the bus, all hail Devlin. Game over.

dwtime
December 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Delaware is very lucky right now to not be behind.

So is GSU, that if that last lineman for GSU doesn't catch the guy that got the fumble it would have been a fumble 6

VUCats02
December 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Unbelievable. What a dumb play by the GSU guy.

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Dumb call

DSPSelym
Come on.....

dwtime
ticky tacky call there

Rob Iola
Tough call there...

GSU EAGLES
December 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Terrible call on third down

DaltonLegalEagle
"Targeting a defenseless receiver?" OMG, what's next, "Penalty for tackling the man with the ball?"

Rob Iola
Much harder hit on Szczur last night with no penalty...

VUCats02
Touchdown Blue Hens!

GSU Eagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Pitiful ref call kept that drive alive.

Go Lehigh TU owl
My link has basically become unwatchable. This stinks. Just heard that UD scored. GSU needs to respond.

DaltonLegalEagle
Touchdown Blue Hens!

Not Happy!

dwtime
textbook TD GSU needs to pressure the QB or they will be picked apart

DSPSelym
They fed Russell and Tilman too much last night. They need to smell blood to get it into gear.

millwoga1
nice drive

GSU EAGLES
December 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM
We just need to ditch the tackle football and go with flag football.

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM
That questionable call gave them 4 more points.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Crazy @$$ zebra kept the drive alive, but good play by Devlin and Sheithour! He had about an hour to do his business on that play!

dwtime
finally channel surfing is feed is working better

VUCats02
That questionable call gave them 4 more points.

A questionable call in last night's game gave EWU 7 defensive points in the 4th quarter. Questionable calls are part of the game. Everyone has to deal with them.

McNeese75
December 18th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I hate to break it to you guys but with SLC officials, this game is going to have a fair number of complete BS callsxbangx

DSPSelym
A questionable call in last night's game gave EWU 7 defensive points in the 4th quarter. Questionable calls are part of the game. Everyone has to deal with them.

True but it doesn't mean that it's something we can't complain about. Refs are horrible in the FCS when they are needed.

Rob Iola
That's a typical UD TD drive right there - GSU's best chance is to do what JMU did to Devlin - slam him on his head and knock him out of the game...

maristdb89
December 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Nice TD drive - Can GS answer?

VUCats02
December 18th, 2010, 11:42 AM
True but it doesn't mean that it's something we can't complain about. Refs are horrible in the FCS when they are needed.

Exactly. Typical FCS officiating.

dwtime
Nice read by the QB

DSPSelym
Is this the second time in the playoffs that we've played from behind?

Rob Iola
Any ranking system that puts UD ahead of Texas is a bit suspect, no?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:43 AM
he was still in the pocket!!

GaSouthern
Wow, that flag came just in the nik of time

DSPSelym
WHAT?! GROUNDING?!

DaltonLegalEagle
What a BS call. Crazy @$$ zebras!

Rob Iola
Very difficult to pass against the Hen secondary - option's working, why get away from it?

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Very difficult to pass against the Hen secondary - option's working, why get away from it?

The incomplete passes (when down field) help the option work.

Rob Iola
December 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
UD's D has adjusted to the TO speed...

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Good Time out Coach. Stop the frickin' Zebra momentum. I think we can beat the Blue Hens with one Zebra tied behind our back, but not with a herd of Zebras. Crap!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Facemask!!

DaltonLegalEagle
Where's the helmet call Zebras?

DaltonLegalEagle

FACEMASK!

Rob Iola
Good Time out Coach. Stop the frickin' Zebra momentum. I think we can beat the Blue Hens with one Zebra tied behind our back, but not with a herd of Zebras. Crap!

Yeah - those calls are not what you want in a playoff game...

How's that not a hit to the QB's head right there? Should be 15...

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Good think the pussy refs kept the game safe by calling a facemask call there since they wanna protect everyone

DSPSelym

It was UD that committed the penalty so you won't see a call on them like that.

millwoga1
you got that call last week

Go Lehigh TU owl
I thought the intentional grounding call was correct. The GSU QB never left the pocket and just heaved the ball OOB. The non facemask call was BS. GSU got screwed on that.

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM

There actually was a faskmask pulled on that game though, not the QB but a lineman.

DaltonLegalEagle

Milly, the facemask call with Wofford was to a lineman, go back and look at the replay. It was flagrant, although the TV coverage only talked about not seeing anything on the QB.

GaSouthern
I want the refs from the GSU vs. W&M game, they were much better.

millwoga1
December 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM
just a joke really not picking a fight

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM

As you know, it WAS a facemask, do you want me to post the picture of the woffy D-Lineman with his hand all over Jaybo's facemask?

Edit: saw you were joking, sorry i'm pretty amped up right now.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM
just a joke really not picking a fight

Okay, appology accepted.

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Let's hold them on 3rd and long guys.

DaltonLegalEagle
crap!

GSU Eagle
Devlin is just having too much time to throw the ball

DSPSelym
Jesus what is going on with Russell today...

dwtime
No pass rush no win GSU

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Big first down for the Hens. Way too much time for Devlin. GSU needs to stop UD on this drive.

GaSouthern
ohhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhh #4 hit a guy that was already going down, we got away with that one I guess.

Rob Iola
Zone blitz (66 into coverage) isn't going to work - must rush 4 or 5 and not give Devlin time to read his progressions...

DaltonLegalEagle
again, sheit for an hour caught it after Devil got all the time he needed.

millwoga1
is shaw a Jr?

DSPSelym
Yeah.

GSU Eagle
Here is another big 3rd and 10.

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Ok here comes the 10 minutes in the pocket for a 10+ yard pass.

GSU Eagle
Finally got a stop

GaSouthern
THAT SHOULD BE A FLAG! GROUNDING!

DSPSelym
No flag?!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Bad throw by Devlin.

Rob Iola
Good stop by GSU...

DSPSelym
THAT SHOULD BE A FLAG! GROUNDING!

haha

GaSouthern
OK guys, time to get 15 flags and tie it up

DaltonLegalEagle
Good stop D. Now, O let's go. Get back to what you do!

mtbigdog
WHERE are all the fans?

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
haha
We're winning right? That's 2 flags to 1

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
WHERE are all the fans?

In Mizzoula

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
We're winning right? That's 2 flags to 1

Yeah, vegas had us at 25- for flags so I think we will walk away with the flag battle

DaltonLegalEagle
December 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Thank you! Now, keep up the good work O.

DSPSelym
Yeah, vegas had us at 25- for flags so I think we will walk away with the flag battle

I wish I would've done some research on the refs for this game then this would have been an easy bet.

DaltonLegalEagle
FIrst and 10 do it again, go Eagles go!

DSPSelym
December 18th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Steadily chipping away at the front with the TO.. #4 is already dying.

mtbigdog
Stand by--- we;ll send you 28,000 fans sitting around doing nothing rght away to root for GS!!!!xhurrayx

GaSouthern
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!! you cant hit hard

Rob Iola
Kaboom!

Go Lehigh TU owl
What a hit!!

GaSouthern
December 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM
**** these refs

GSU Eagle
We keep trying these passes.

Rob Iola
LB covering on the pass - nice...

DSPSelym
QUIT THROWING ON 3RD!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2010, 12:01 PM
GSU's passing game is terrible. I'm not sure if GSU can drive the field again.