PDA

View Full Version : Three 7-4 teams in the semifinals?

Jackman
December 11th, 2010, 02:29 PM
With Villanova beating App State and Georgia Southern leading Wofford by 17 at the half, we may only be a NDSU upset of EWU away from three of the Final Four teams having finished the regular season at 7-4. That is a record that traditionally is not considered good enough for the playoffs. And 7-4 UNH looked like it had a chance to win for most of the game against Delaware, which could have made it an all-7-4 Final Four.

First things first though, Georgia Southern has to finish and North Dakota State has to win.

GSU1-A
December 11th, 2010, 02:32 PM
With Villanova beating App State and Georgia Southern leading Wofford by 17 at the half, we may only be a NDSU upset of EWU away from three of the Final Four teams having finished the regular season at 7-4. That is a record that traditionally is not considered good enough for the playoffs. And 7-4 UNH looked like it had a chance to win for most of the game against Delaware, which could have made it an all-7-4 Final Four.

First things first though, Georgia Southern has to finish and North Dakota State has to win.

Not sure but this is why a playoff is the only way to play! GO EAGLES! KEEP IT UP!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Both GSU and 'Nova have close losses to good FBS teams.

GannonFan
December 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Both GSU and 'Nova have close losses to good FBS teams.

Only a Temple guy would call Temple a good FBS team. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. What would you consider UCONN? So you're saying 'Nova lost to a bad FBS team? You hate on everything GF, seriously.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM

there are 35 bowl games.....so 70 teams make bowls
72 teams were eligible.
anyone wanna take a stab at who one of the 2 losers were?

im sorry with the bowl system set up i dont consider anyone who doenst make a bowl a good team. even some that make a bowl are terrible

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
the 7-4 teams are definitely justifying their inclusion... 7-4 might become the new 8-3 from the "power" conferences.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Ok, well your team lost to a joke of an FBS team yet you think you're ready for the BE? One of your regular posters already waved the white flag against us next year. How will it feel when you lose to us in hoops again this year?

jlcharles
December 11th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Temple got hosed and should have been a Bowl team. Get over your hatred for Temple.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Temple got hosed and should have been a Bowl team. Get over your hatred for Temple.

Thank you....at least i'm able to compliment 'Nova when they do well. Some people can't think logically without bias.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
This is EXACTLY why 7-4 teams from the CAA and SoCon should be locks for the playoffs.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM
eh dont get me started on the bball team. same old story of overrated gaurd play, senior leader not showing up and jay not utilizing the big men. Though it should be a good evenly matched game. and i love the fact you guys be gtwon

you guys are a decent team, you were definitely a better team last year tho.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM
eh dont get me started on the bball team. same old story of overrated gaurd play, senior leader not showing up and jay not utilizing the big men. Though it should be a good evenly matched game. and i love the fact you guys be gtwon

you guys are a decent team, you were definitely a better team last year tho.

Our season was very much like Villanova's. With a healthy Pierce/Szczur we are/were a completely different team. The difference between last year and 2010 was BP was able to stay on the field.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Our season was very much like Villanova's. With a healthy Pierce/Szczur we are/were a completely different team. The different between last year and 2010 was BP was able to stay on the field.

oh that would do it, pierce looked good against us. I wasnt really aware of the circumstances surrounding the results of the season, sorry if i kinda jumped all over you, but a with the confidence temple and temple fans seemed to have before and after that first game it seemed like they should have made a bowl

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I think we can all agree that next year Temple is gonna destroy Nova but let's worry about this year. Cannot wait for Pierce to graduate :-P

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM
i mean you look at the huge loses of whitney szczur ball and babarro in the back field and the whole left side of the Oline...it could be a tough year
however norman white has looked amazing the last couple weeks and is going to have a great year hopefully

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM
oh that would do it, pierce looked good against us. I wasnt really aware of the circumstances surrounding the results of the season, sorry if i kinda jumped all over you, but a with the confidence temple and temple fans seemed to have before and after that first game it seemed like they should have made a bowl

Some of the TU fans are absolutely cluess, the rivals board will prove that. Go over there and you'll find that TUOwl06 is the voice of reason when it comes to FCS football. I actually stood up for Mainliners comments about CAA recruiting and such.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
there are 35 bowl games.....so 70 teams make bowls
72 teams were eligible.
anyone wanna take a stab at who one of the 2 losers were?

im sorry with the bowl system set up i dont consider anyone who doenst make a bowl a good team. even some that make a bowl are terrible

Temple, I assume, and Western Michigan, I think, .....

charliej
December 14th, 2010, 10:15 PM
i mean you look at the huge loses of whitney szczur ball and babarro in the back field and the whole left side of the Oline...it could be a tough year
however norman white has looked amazing the last couple weeks and is going to have a great year hopefully

Nova taking big hits on both sides of the ball next year :(

UNH Fanboi
December 14th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Nova taking big hits on both sides of the ball next year :(

It's amazing how many of Nova's starters were juniors last year and seniors this year. They are going to be in shambles next year.

VUCats02
December 15th, 2010, 07:09 AM
They might not be in shambles. They'll certainly probably be projected not to make the playoffs, but it all depends on the QB red-shirt freshman. No matter how good your other players are, if you have a good QB, you can compete.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2010, 08:17 AM
This is EXACTLY why 7-4 teams from the CAA and SoCon should be locks for the playoffs.

And a 7-4 NDSU has proven it should not be ?

Saint3333
December 15th, 2010, 08:25 PM
the 7-4 teams are definitely justifying their inclusion... 7-4 might become the new 8-3 from the "power" conferences.

If you do a search a very intelligent poster stated this about a month ago ;-).

Bossanova
December 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM
If VU wins back to back titles, reloading for a year will be easy to take.