PDA

View Full Version : CAA TODAY: GAME OF ADJUSTMENTS

jstclmet
December 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Three CAA teams, Delaware, New Hampshire and Villanova made the adjustments neccessary to advance to the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs

All season teams have had to make adjustments.

At the conclusion of every season, players graduate and new players arrive that force coaching staffs to evaluate the talent they have and try and make a game plan around that talent.

After the spring season, and classes, coaches learn of their academic casualties and further adjust their game plans based on their remaining talent.

After the summer preseason camp, and during the regular season, teams incur injuries further decimating their rosters, forcing yet additional game plan changes.

On the field, coaches realize that plan A isn't working and will fall back to a plan B, if they have one.

The head coaches, offensive and defensive coordinators are constantly adjusting their game plan given the situation of the game that theyíre in on a given day.

Last weekend saw the brilliance of New Hampshire coach Sean McDonnell, Delaware coach K.C. Keeler and Villanova coach Andy Talley as each guided their team through their coordinators and took the best shot their respective opponents had while dealing with some type of adversity and willed their team to a win.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?368-Game-Of-Adjustments&

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Don't you think that considering two-thirds of the CAA teams left in the playoffs played yesterday your article should be posted before that game ended. Then again, we know the only CAA team you really care about plays today.

I mean the article was posted at 11:10 last night. Delaware and UNH had already PLAYED. Maybe it's not you who publishes the articles but that's ridiculous that your GAME PREVIEW, comes out after the game ends.

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Don't forget those mysterious "illnesses" following Villanova losses.

TypicalTribe
December 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
This piece is so poorly written it's astounding. Awful game recaps from a week ago, a preview for a game essentially already played, etc. The whole season has been a joke and has actually gotten worse in the playoffs.

Ud1Hens
December 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I used to bookmark Bruce Dowd's CAA Today and know that on Wednesday around 2pm I could read game recaps (that wasn't a play-by-play), previews, and general analysis about the CAA teams moving forward.

But I forgive TT, he has been a busy traveling man going to Texas, NC, and now Washington...I expect this preview to come out Saturday at 4:00pm

TypicalTribe
December 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Can he get the article posted before the start time on Friday?

Mr. C
December 12th, 2010, 02:51 PM
What an idiotic thread. I don't know where you are getting your information, but the article was posted BEFORE the Delaware game started, not afterwards. Be glad for the work someone does. Mr. Thomas is a working man, who has a full-time job in addition to his column work.

If you think you can do better, drop CSN a line.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Don't you think that considering two-thirds of the CAA teams left in the playoffs played yesterday your article should be posted before that game ended. Then again, we know the only CAA team you really care about plays today.

I mean the article was posted at 11:10 last night. Delaware and UNH had already PLAYED. Maybe it's not you who publishes the articles but that's ridiculous that your GAME PREVIEW, comes out after the game ends.

No, the article wasn't posted at 11:10 last night, unless you are going by some European time zone. Get your facts straight before you criticize.

Ud1Hens
December 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
No, the article wasn't posted at 11:10 last night, unless you are going by some European time zone. Get your facts straight before you criticize.

Wow! If you even read my post you'd see that I wrote that Saturday morning...meaning that LAST NIGHT would be Friday night. Here's the acticle timestamp straight from the source: "Published on 12-10-2010 11:10 PM" which would be FRIDAY at 11:10pm. That time is also AFTER the Delaware was over, being that the UD game started 12-10-2010 @ 8pm! So if I'm not mistaken my facts are straight. Yours well...not so much

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2010, 04:30 PM
What an idiotic thread. I don't know where you are getting your information, but the article was posted BEFORE the Delaware game started, not afterwards. Be glad for the work someone does. Mr. Thomas is a working man, who has a full-time job in addition to his column work.

If you think you can do better, drop CSN a line.

I can see why you are so sensitive about criticism of FCS writers because you've received your share over the years. Everyone understands that Terrence does this as a sideline, but CSN has always strived to be a reputable site, and criticism and feedback should be welcome. The timeliness of the CAA Today has been lacking this year, and that's undeniable. Terrence has stated that the delay has been because of the editors, or whoever actually posts the columns, not him. As to the quality of the column, people are entitled to their opinion, and if you write, or publish an article you should be prepared to hear reactions.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Wow! If you even read my post you'd see that I wrote that Saturday morning...meaning that LAST NIGHT would be Friday night. Here's the acticle timestamp straight from the source: "Published on 12-10-2010 11:10 PM" which would be FRIDAY at 11:10pm. That time is also AFTER the Delaware was over, being that the UD game started 12-10-2010 @ 8pm! So if I'm not mistaken my facts are straight. Yours well...not so much

The time you are quoting IS WRONG!!!! That story WAS published before that time. You obviously have something set on your computer that is giving you the incorrect time for publication. What was the point in this? To embarrass someone (as you often do on AGS)? I know what time it was published BECAUSE I PUBLISHED IT. The piece was published before the game.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I can see why you are so sensitive about criticism of FCS writers because you've received your share over the years. Everyone understands that Terrence does this as a sideline, but CSN has always strived to be a reputable site, and criticism and feedback should be welcome. The timeliness of the CAA Today has been lacking this year, and that's undeniable. Terrence has stated that the delay has been because of the editors, or whoever actually posts the columns, not him. As to the quality of the column, people are entitled to their opinion, and if you write, or publish an article you should be prepared to hear reactions.

I am just saying that you don't always know what goes into when something is published, or what the process is. I can tell you that Terence has job demands that sometimes get in the way of when stuff comes out. If you want to comment on the quality of a column, that is fine and I agree with you that we are open to your feedback. But don't criticize over stuff that is petty.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Just so everyone is on the same page with the complaints here, the CAA Today column was published around 6 p.m., Eastern Time on Friday night (6:10 p.m to be exact). As one of the owners of the site, that is what the time is that was logged on our site. Anyone who wants to argue that point is just wrong. I don't know why someone's computer would give him the wrong, but it did. Secondly, why would someone want to make such a big deal about this? UD1Hens owes an apology to CSN and even more so to Terence Thomas.

Ud1Hens
December 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Just so everyone is on the same page with the complaints here, the CAA Today column was published around 6 p.m., Eastern Time on Friday night (6:10 p.m to be exact). As one of the owners of the site, that is what the time is that was logged on our site. Anyone who wants to argue that point is just wrong. I don't know why someone's computer would give him the wrong, but it did. Secondly, why would someone want to make such a big deal about this? UD1Hens owes an apology to CSN and even more so to Terence Thomas.

Does calling people out your way of making yourself feel better? I'll man up and say I was wrong then. You find my posts ANYWHERE on AGS that I criticize posters."(as you often do on AGS)" Talk about thin skin...

BTW, apologize to TT????? Really??? For having an opinion??? I'm sure you'd love to see TT's posts on our board that he just handles himself with such class that the CSN should be proud of. xrolleyesx

BlueHenSinfonian
December 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
The time you are quoting IS WRONG!!!! That story WAS published before that time. You obviously have something set on your computer that is giving you the incorrect time for publication. What was the point in this? To embarrass someone (as you often do on AGS)? I know what time it was published BECAUSE I PUBLISHED IT. The piece was published before the game.

This is the time stamp from collegesportingnews.com -

Game Of Adjustments

Published on 12-10-2010 11:10 PM

So, it isn't just his computer. I know the time is set correctly on mine. Maybe it was actually published before then, but in that case CSN has something odd setup in their software because it isn't displaying correctly.

Even if it did come out before the game, it didn't come out much before. There's really not much of a point for a recap/preview article when it comes out only a couple hours before the game, or even the same day.

The way I see it, this is CSN's fault either way. Either Terrence wrote the article in time to have it posted a few days in advance, and it just wasn't published in time, or CSN is keeping Terrence on staff even though he continues to turn in material so late that it barely makes it out before the game.

Is writing a column for CSN a volunteer gig, or is there payment involved? If it's a volunteer thing, I can understand keeping him around if no one else wants to do it, but if you are paying, CSN owes its readers to find someone who will get the material in on time and who might improve the quality of the column as well. The LehighFootballNews blog is a great example of what the CAA Today should aspire to be.

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Copied from the column.

Game Of Adjustments
Published on 12-10-2010 11:10 PM 0 Comments

Have to agree with others that 6:10 pm would still be way late for such a column. Mr. C seems to be going overboard to defend Terrence, and CSN by arguing a meaningless technicality.

wmmii
December 12th, 2010, 06:53 PM
This whole thread seems mostly meaningless-...

HensRock
December 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Maybe the 11:10 timestamp is UTC?
i.e. Greenwich Time. That would actually be 6:10 PM Eastern time.

Personally, I don't get worked up over it. I know that CSN relies on part-time writers and FCS is small potatoes.
Beggars can't be choosers.

For anyone really fed up with the timeliness of the piece, I suggest you simply request a refund of your subscription fee.

centraljerseycat
December 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Where are they this season?

TypicalTribe
December 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM
No poster on this thread needs to apologize to CSN. CSN needs to apologize to CAA fans. I wonder if Mr. C even read this article. The subject of the article was making adjustments and the first line says that UD, VU and UNH made adjustments to advance to the quarterfinals. However, in recapping the three games, there is not a single mention of an actual adjustment involving any of the teams. In fact, the only game where adjustments are actually mentioned is when the GSU coach stated that he didn't make any. Unfortunately, this type of thing has been happening all year.

CSN has some entertaining, professional writers who do a great job of covering most of FCS. It's disappointing that arguably the best conference in the country receives less than that.

ur2k
December 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
No poster on this thread needs to apologize to CSN. CSN needs to apologize to CAA fans. I wonder if Mr. C even read this article. The subject of the article was making adjustments and the first line says that UD, VU and UNH made adjustments to advance to the quarterfinals. However, in recapping the three games, there is not a single mention of an actual adjustment involving any of the teams. In fact, the only game where adjustments are actually mentioned is when the GSU coach stated that he didn't make any. Unfortunately, this type of thing has been happening all year.

CSN has some entertaining, professional writers who do a great job of covering most of FCS. It's disappointing that arguably the best conference in the country receives less than that.

Agree. The triviality of when the article was posted on the day of a game doesn't address the fact that the quality of the articles this year haven't been very good (IMO). By the time these are published, who cares about line by line game recaps of the previous week, there's been very liitle analysis of the match-ups that are occuring in the week the article is supposed to address.

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2010, 08:01 AM

These articles have been terrible for some time. When UNH beat Villanova two or three weeks ago, all I read was poor 'Nova (injuries, etc., blah blah blah). Half the time I could read the box scores for the same information.

Tribe4SF
December 13th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Where are they this season?

Dave Coulson (Mr. C) is writing for CSN. Bruce Dowd appears to be out of writing this year, which is too bad. His columns were memorable.

GaSouthern
December 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Don't argue with Mr. C
http://images.dailyfill.com/25ca191e6ea048a2_b5ec006e0865410d/o/moon.jpg

Mr. C
December 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Maybe the 11:10 timestamp is UTC?
i.e. Greenwich Time. That would actually be 6:10 PM Eastern time.

Personally, I don't get worked up over it. I know that CSN relies on part-time writers and FCS is small potatoes.
Beggars can't be choosers.

For anyone really fed up with the timeliness of the piece, I suggest you simply request a refund of your subscription fee.

Finally someone has enough smarts to figure out why your time signature was wrong and how your assessment that the CAA Today piece was published post-start time was totally off. Thank you, HensRock.

Like I said early, if someone wants to take a shot at writing something CAA-related, or on any other FCS conference, or subject for us, please do get in touch with us. It is easy to criticize, but Terence's columns remain one of the most read feature on our website from week to week.

Ud1Hens
December 13th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Well the CAA does encompass the largest metropolian areas (Boston, Philly, Baltimore, a ton of graduates living around Washington DC, Richmond) and probably the largest fan bases in the country as a conference. Add in the year in and year out success of the CAA as a whole there's no surprise they are frequently read. The CSN definately has the best FCS related content on the web.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Well the CAA does encompass the largest metropolian areas (Boston, Philly, Baltimore, a ton of graduates living around Washington DC, Richmond) and probably the largest fan bases in the country as a conference. Add in the year in and year out success of the CAA as a whole there's no surprise they are frequently read. The CSN definately has the best FCS related content on the web.

Thanks for the compliment. And we plan to have even more FCS content next year and in the years ahead (unlike other companies who say they are the top source for FCS, but don't cover nearly as many games as CSN does and have gone backwards in their coverage).

Mr. C
December 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the compliment. And we plan to have even more FCS content next year and in the years ahead (unlike other companies who say they are the top source for FCS, but don't cover nearly as many games as CSN does and have gone backwards in their coverage).

Chemhen
December 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
The thing I dislike most about CSN coverage is the outright biases of many of their writers. I don't really blame CSN for this, because its gotta be hard to get people with enough football knowledge and time to be able to write a column every week who DON'T have a connection to the schools they write about. Its just the nature of the beast with FCS coverage. However, if the coverage were to be less biased, I would definitely bookmark the site.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
The thing I dislike most about CSN coverage is the outright biases of many of their writers. I don't really blame CSN for this, because its gotta be hard to get people with enough football knowledge and time to be able to write a column every week who DON'T have a connection to the schools they write about. Its just the nature of the beast with FCS coverage. However, if the coverage were to be less biased, I would definitely bookmark the site.

I say that is GARBAGE!!! It is more like that the people who write for CSN bend over backwards to avoid bias because of their backgrounds. You will get a fairer shake from the CSN writers, because they understand things better, coming from those backgrounds. It is true that if you went to a particular school (BTW, I graduated from an FBS school, not an FCS one), you have a better understanding of that school and better contacts. If you have covered certain schools regularly, you know them better than one you don't cover. My 30-plus years of experience tells me that many readers detect bias where it doesn't exist. Most of them don't want to read anything BAD about their respective schools.

Funny thing is that all of the teams I supposedly are biased towards have all been upset with me at one point or another because I have written unflattering things about them. Personally, I like the job that guys like Chuck Burton, Myron Hosea, Kent Schmidt, Ralph Wallace and even Terence Thomas do in covering their respective beats.

If you have some examples of bias from CSN, Chemhen, put it out on the table for discussion.

Tubby Raymond
December 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Finally someone has enough smarts to figure out why your time signature was wrong and how your assessment that the CAA Today piece was published post-start time was totally off. Thank you, HensRock.

Like I said early, if someone wants to take a shot at writing something CAA-related, or on any other FCS conference, or subject for us, please do get in touch with us. It is easy to criticize, but Terence's columns remain one of the most read feature on our website from week to week.

Don't try working so hard to defend the indefensible, make you look silly

YoUDeeMan
December 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Holy crap! Someone has the balls to try to defend getting out a "preview" article 1 hour and 50 minutes before game time? xlolx

xrotatehx

Tribe4SF
December 14th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I say that is GARBAGE!!! It is more like that the people who write for CSN bend over backwards to avoid bias because of their backgrounds. You will get a fairer shake from the CSN writers, because they understand things better, coming from those backgrounds. It is true that if you went to a particular school (BTW, I graduated from an FBS school, not an FCS one), you have a better understanding of that school and better contacts. If you have covered certain schools regularly, you know them better than one you don't cover. My 30-plus years of experience tells me that many readers detect bias where it doesn't exist. Most of them don't want to read anything BAD about their respective schools.

Funny thing is that all of the teams I supposedly are biased towards have all been upset with me at one point or another because I have written unflattering things about them. Personally, I like the job that guys like Chuck Burton, Myron Hosea, Kent Schmidt, Ralph Wallace and even Terence Thomas do in covering their respective beats.

If you have some examples of bias from CSN, Chemhen, put it out on the table for discussion.

"Garbage" is a bit strong. There's always bias from readers, and they will always be quick to holler when they think their team has been slighted. Bias from writers at CSN gets exagerrated to some degree because their writers are often active on the messageboards discussing their own teams. I think this has hurt Terrence to a significant degree. For example, it was difficult to separate Terrence's preview of Nova@W&M this year from his post on the Nova board stating basically that W&M had no chance against Nova. He's been well known for sometime on the CAA messageboards, and had established a reputation as a blatant homer well before he started writing his column for CSN.

TypicalTribe
December 14th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Myron, Kent, Chuck and Mr. C all posted recaps over the weekend, which is what should expected. If you're tasked with covering a conference, you can't put out playoff recaps less than two hours before the kickoff of the following week's playoffs. Simply unacceptable especially when there's only two games being covered.

bluehenbillk
December 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
When does this week's coverage come out. Maybe Eric "aka AGS Owner" should see to it - he's got nothing to do this week.... :)

Sorry, Eric, had to do it!

TypicalTribe
December 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Here's how I would write the preview:

When the Villanova Wildcats walked off the field on November 13th, it was clear that their national title defense was nearing the end. In a matchup with a fellow CAA rival also clinging to playoff hopes, Andy Talley's squad had finished on the short end of a 3rd 31-24 decision to UNH and fell to 6-4, right on the edge of playoff contention and facing a must-win game on the road at Delaware to salvage the season. As Talley discusses in the post-game press conference, the team just seemed to lack a certain emotion and wasn't able to pull out wins when they needed them. The real question, though, was what was missing more, emotion or Matt Szczur? Given the star Wildcat's uncertain outlook for the season finale, it was likely that the FCS world wouldn't get an answer.

However, a funny thing happened on the way to basketball season on the Main Line. With Cubs scouts in attendance to watch over their prized draft pick, Szczur returned to the Villanova lineup and brought enough of a lift for Talley & Co. to knock off the Blue Hens in overtime. The next day, Villanova got a double dose of good news. It wasn't a surprise that the slection committee put the Wildcats in the field, but getting a bye to the round of 16 was a welcome bit of news for the team and its recovering star.

Since making the trip to Nacogdoches, TX and falling behind Stephen F. Austin, 24-14, it's been clear sailing for the Wildcats, as they scored the last 40 points to defeat their Southland conference opponent and then rolled over #1 ranked and 3-time national champion Appalachian State, 42-24. The latter victory, peppered as it was with 5 different TDs from Szczur, firmly established the Wildcats as back to full strength and a big-time threat to repeat as national champions.

The only thing standing in their way is a third road trip, this time to the FCS outpost of Cheney, WA, and a trip to the red turf of Eastern Washington. However, this time the Wildcats get a break with the shoe being on the proverbial other foot. Or off the other foot, which may be more applicable, with the news that star Eagles running back Taiwan Jones sustained a broken foot in EWU's quarterfinal win over North Dakota State. In a matchup with a team that seems to have regained it's swagger, the absence of a key player of this magnitude may be too much for the Eagles to handle. Jones was coming off of a career-high of 230 yards in the win over the Bison and coach Beau Baldwin will have to find a way to plug the hole so that his team can generate enough offense to keep up with the Wildcats revitalized high-octane attack.

It's expected to be in the low to mid-20s on Friday night in Cheney, but this Wildcat team played in similar conditions in last year's FCS semifinals when they defeated William & Mary, 14-13. While the home crowd and the red turf at the Inferno have helped the Eagles to an undefeated home record this year, I think the experience of the Wildcats, a healthy Matt Szczur and an injured Taiwan Jones will be too much for Eastern Washington to overcome. 3 TDs from the little emperor and a solid effort from the Wildcat D will send Andy Talley & Co. to Frisco. Villanova 30 Eastern Washington 17.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Here's how I would write the preview:

When the Villanova Wildcats walked off the field on November 13th, it was clear that their national title defense was nearing the end. In a matchup with a fellow CAA rival also clinging to playoff hopes, Andy Talley's squad had finished on the short end of a 3rd 31-24 decision to UNH and fell to 6-4, right on the edge of playoff contention and facing a must-win game on the road at Delaware to salvage the season. As Talley discusses in the post-game press conference, the team just seemed to lack a certain emotion and wasn't able to pull out wins when they needed them. The real question, though, was what was missing more, emotion or Matt Szczur? Given the star Wildcat's uncertain outlook for the season finale, it was likely that the FCS world wouldn't get an answer.

However, a funny thing happened on the way to basketball season on the Main Line. With Cubs scouts in attendance to watch over their prized draft pick, Szczur returned to the Villanova lineup and brought enough of a lift for Talley & Co. to knock off the Blue Hens in overtime. The next day, Villanova got a double dose of good news. It wasn't a surprise that the slection committee put the Wildcats in the field, but getting a bye to the round of 16 was a welcome bit of news for the team and its recovering star.

Since making the trip to Nacogdoches, TX and falling behind Stephen F. Austin, 24-14, it's been clear sailing for the Wildcats, as they scored the last 40 points to defeat their Southland conference opponent and then rolled over #1 ranked and 3-time national champion Appalachian State, 42-24. The latter victory, peppered as it was with 5 different TDs from Szczur, firmly established the Wildcats as back to full strength and a big-time threat to repeat as national champions.

The only thing standing in their way is a third road trip, this time to the FCS outpost of Cheney, WA, and a trip to the red turf of Eastern Washington. However, this time the Wildcats get a break with the shoe being on the proverbial other foot. Or off the other foot, which may be more applicable, with the news that star Eagles running back Taiwan Jones sustained a broken foot in EWU's quarterfinal win over North Dakota State. In a matchup with a team that seems to have regained it's swagger, the absence of a key player of this magnitude may be too much for the Eagles to handle. Jones was coming off of a career-high of 230 yards in the win over the Bison and coach Beau Baldwin will have to find a way to plug the hole so that his team can generate enough offense to keep up with the Wildcats revitalized high-octane attack.

It's expected to be in the low to mid-20s on Friday night in Cheney, but this Wildcat team played in similar conditions in last year's FCS semifinals when they defeated William & Mary, 14-13. While the home crowd and the red turf at the Inferno have helped the Eagles to an undefeated home record this year, I think the experience of the Wildcats, a healthy Matt Szczur and an injured Taiwan Jones will be too much for Eastern Washington to overcome. 3 TDs from the little emperor and a solid effort from the Wildcat D will send Andy Talley & Co. to Frisco. Villanova 30 Eastern Washington 17.

Is this an audition?

Mr. C
December 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Holy crap! Someone has the balls to try to defend getting out a "preview" article 1 hour and 50 minutes before game time? xlolx

xrotatehx

It is pretty idiotic (of course, what would we expect from the illustrious Cluck U?) to think you know all of the ins and outs of why an article is published at a certain time. If you want to read CAA Today, read it. If not, don't. If you have a complaint, take it up with CSN. We get email all of the time on a variety of subjects and respond to almost all of it. The point is that railing about this on AGS isn't the classiest way for someone to voice a complaint, particularly when a complaint is dead wrong. Much of what has been posted here have been cheap shots.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2010, 11:58 AM
When does this week's coverage come out. Maybe Eric "aka AGS Owner" should see to it - he's got nothing to do this week.... :)

Sorry, Eric, had to do it!

And what does Eric "aka AGS Owner" have to do with CSN?

bluehenbillk
December 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Well, if Eric wasn't footing the bill, I don't think anyone would be reading these articles here...

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM
It is pretty idiotic (of course, what would we expect from the illustrious Cluck U?) to think you know all of the ins and outs of why an article is published at a certain time. If you want to read CAA Today, read it. If not, don't. If you have a complaint, take it up with CSN. We get email all of the time on a variety of subjects and respond to almost all of it. The point is that railing about this on AGS isn't the classiest way for someone to voice a complaint, particularly when a complaint is dead wrong. Much of what has been posted here have been cheap shots.

"Idiotic"? Now that's the Mr. C we have all grown to know and love. Quick, call Raplh...you need another hall pass. xlolx

And get this...I know about publishing (pssst...it's in the family). xnodx I also know about marketing. You, who thinks it is a good idea to jump on a message board to attack football fans who express their wish to read quality material in a timely manner, apparently aren't very good at either. xnodx

Amazingly, publishing an article on time comes down to the same things in any business...having responsible people meet their deadlines. You know...xchinscratchx..that is amazingly similar to what we learned in school.

Go ahead, try the old razzle-dazzle story about how "outsiders" don't know the story about how one tiny corner of the universe is so complex that they can't help buy defy the basics of professionalism and timeliness. xliarx

And keep telling a large pool of potential customers that they aren't being classy (oh, the irony) when they, on a message board, post their input about the defects in your product. xrotatehx

A preview article sould not come out just under two hours prior to the game. PERIOD.

With that attitude, it isn't hard to figure out why CSN struggles to find good people to write, edit, and publish. xlolx

TypicalTribe
December 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Is this an audition?

Had 30-45 minutes to kill. Thought it would be fun.

Chemhen
December 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM

When your writers go onto both national and school boards to talk smack under the same handle as they publish under, I don't care how much you try to reduce or avoid your bias. Caesar's wife must be above suspicion. Do fans see bias where none is? Of course. Does one exacerbate that fact by talking smack? Of course. If you want to promote your team on a national board, use a different handle and save 'official' ones for publishing and announcing. I'm not going to go through the logs of CSN from the past few seasons to pull stuff out. Tribe4SF already pulled out one, and I could probably find others, but I have stuff to do.

I will say that there was a famous quote from one of the MNF guys saying that if everyone (fans from opposing teams) thinks you're biased against their team, then you're doing a good job. I haven't seen anyone from Nova calling out TT for being biased against them, nor do I remember anyone from App saying the same about you. That's not to say that such comments from non-strawmen don't exist; if they do, I just haven't seen them.

Its very easy to categorize criticism as simply sour grapes or from fans wearing rose colored glasses, but I would take your argument more seriously if the people you're supporting didn't undermine your point in their interactions with the FCS community.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
"Idiotic"? Now that's the Mr. C we have all grown to know and love. Quick, call Raplh...you need another hall pass. xlolx

And get this...I know about publishing (pssst...it's in the family). xnodx I also know about marketing. You, who thinks it is a good idea to jump on a message board to attack football fans who express their wish to read quality material in a timely manner, apparently aren't very good at either. xnodx

Amazingly, publishing an article on time comes down to the same things in any business...having responsible people meet their deadlines. You know...xchinscratchx..that is amazingly similar to what we learned in school.

Go ahead, try the old razzle-dazzle story about how "outsiders" don't know the story about how one tiny corner of the universe is so complex that they can't help buy defy the basics of professionalism and timeliness. xliarx

And keep telling a large pool of potential customers that they aren't being classy (oh, the irony) when they, on a message board, post their input about the defects in your product. xrotatehx

A preview article sould not come out just under two hours prior to the game. PERIOD.

With that attitude, it isn't hard to figure out why CSN struggles to find good people to write, edit, and publish. xlolx

First off, you attack my writers unfairly (as was being done by some here) and I will stand up for them. My writers wouldn't expect anything else.

Cluck U, I don't care what business you have been in. I also don't care what your opinion is on ANY subject. You are one of the worst examples of a troll around here and AGS could do without your type.

CSN, BTW, is doing just fine. You have NO IDEA with anything regarding supposed struggles etc.

I not telling "a large pool of potential customers" that they are not being classy. I am telling a handful of them, LIKE YOU, that they are being unfair to a writer, not understanding anything about that writer's other obligations, etc.

I don't care whether Cluck U EVER reads the stuff at CSN (obviously you do, or you wouldn't be spouting off on AGS about it). We have plenty of readers and are making in-roads to get more.

One thing is for sure, you will find more stuff on CSN about FCS than you will on ANY other news website and it will continue to expand in the future. And it will be written by writers who actually know what they are talking about.

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
First off, you attack my writers unfairly (as was being done by some here) and I will stand up for them. My writers wouldn't expect anything else.

Cluck U, I don't care what business you have been in. I also don't care what your opinion is on ANY subject. You are one of the worst examples of a troll around here and AGS could do without your type.

CSN, BTW, is doing just fine. You have NO IDEA with anything regarding supposed struggles etc.

I not telling "a large pool of potential customers" that they are not being classy. I am telling a handful of them, LIKE YOU, that they are being unfair to a writer, not understanding anything about that writer's other obligations, etc.

I don't care whether Cluck U EVER reads the stuff at CSN (obviously you do, or you wouldn't be spouting off on AGS about it). We have plenty of readers and are making in-roads to get more.

One thing is for sure, you will find more stuff on CSN about FCS than you will on ANY other news website and it will continue to expand in the future. And it will be written by writers who actually know what they are talking about.

xlolx

Attack your writers unfairly? TT is a horrible writer who doesn't do enough research to do his job well...perhaps because CSN doesn't pay anyone well enough to get a writer to spend enough time on the job. And what he does put out is sophomoric…a simple writing style that has little creativity…and his articles have been consistently late. The fact that you defend him and his writing demonstrates what low standards you have for your work.

Now, you also seem to have an issue with anyone criticizing the timing of the last playoff review - that is almost comical.

The playoff preview was out, according to you, less than 2 hours before the game. xlolx No two ways about it...the dog didn't eat anyone's homework...that was just a poor job by anyone involved. You can shout out names and whine all you like (typical of you, by the way...showing everyone what "classy" really means xlolx), but nothing will change the fact that poor organization skills and a lack of commitment to doing a job well made CSN look like a junior high production.

Congrats! xsmileyclapx

Side Judge
December 14th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Alright guys - time to move on. Frankly I appreciate anyone taking the time and making the effort to write about FCS.