PDA

View Full Version : UND hosting Drake in 2011

darell1976
December 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
September 1, 2011. UND will host Drake. This would be the first meeting for these teams. UND hasn't released their 2011 schedule but AD Brian Faison said it was completed.

As of now with the news on Drake the schedule looks like this so far

9/1 vs Drake
9/10 @ Idaho
9/17 @ Fresno State
9/24 Open
10/1 Open
10/8 @ Southern Utah
10/15 Open
10/22 vs Cal Poly
10/29 Open
11/5 vs Sioux Falls (rumors it may be bought out)
11/12 @ UC Davis
11/19 vs South Dakota

NDB
December 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
nice game.

danefan
December 9th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Good scheduling for Drake. They've generally been the most frequent PFL team to schedule up. Hopefully other PFL squads will follow.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2010, 02:22 PM
September 1, 2011. UND will host Drake. This would be the first meeting for these teams. UND hasn't released their 2011 schedule but AD Brian Faison said it was completed.

As of now with the news on Drake the schedule looks like this so far

9/1 vs Drake
9/10 @ Idaho
9/17 @ Fresno State
9/24 Open
10/1 Open
10/8 @ Southern Utah
10/15 Open
10/22 vs Cal Poly
10/29 Open
11/5 vs Sioux Falls (rumors it may be bought out)
11/12 @ UC Davis
11/19 vs South Dakota

That Sioux Falls game is an embarassment.....needs to go.

darell1976
December 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
That Sioux Falls game is an embarassment.....needs to go.

Tells you the worst thing about a 5 team conference. I am just glad this is probably the last time we need a NAIA/D2 team on our schedule.

Go Bison
December 9th, 2010, 03:36 PM
How is Open going to be this year? What are the Sioux's chances of winning those 4 games? Just kidding.

darell1976
December 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM
How is Open going to be this year? What are the Sioux's chances of winning those 4 games? Just kidding.

Hopefully they can cover the spread.xlolx

BlueHenSinfonian
December 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Does UND normally not play NDSU? You'd think UND, NDSU, and SDSU would all play each other fairly regularly to give each other some nice fairly local OOC games.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Does UND normally not play NDSU? You'd think UND, NDSU, and SDSU would all play each other fairly regularly to give each other some nice fairly local OOC games.

Our AD offered to play them every other year, they said no. It is an all or nothing proposition for UND, which is unbelievable but they won't even consider restarting the game unless it happens ever year.

Playing UND every year puts us in a tough spot with just three non-conference games to schedule and we want to play an FBS every year and put some of the Montana schools on the schedule as well. Plus try to get six home games as often as possible.

It will happen eventually though.

darell1976
December 9th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Our AD offered to play them every other year, they said no. It is an all or nothing proposition for UND, which is unbelievable but they won't even consider restarting the game unless it happens ever year. Playing UND every year puts us in a tough spot with just three non-conference games to schedule and we want to play an FBS every year and put some of the Montana schools on the schedule as well. Plus try to get six home games as often as possible.

It will happen eventually though.

It was easy for UND to propose this with only 4 conference games and 7 teams to fill, but in 2012 we start Big Sky play and we will be in the same boat as NDSU as for as 8 conference games and 1 FBS team so with 2 OOC FCS games to fill maybe a different proposal by UND's AD Brian Faison will emerge and hopefully it will include a Dakota rotation where we play NDSU 1 year, SDSU, the next USD after that, instead of the every year or nothing.

No_Skill
December 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Oh God! Time to lock this thread already.

Thanks a lot BlueHen!

DetroitFlyer
December 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Good scheduling for Drake. They've generally been the most frequent PFL team to schedule up. Hopefully other PFL squads will follow.

Here is the deal, this is not scheduling "up". UND is an FCS team, Drake is an FCS team. This is an absolute fact and simply cannot be viewed any other way. Now, when UND or Drake is playing an FBS team, that can be considered scheduling up.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Here is the deal, this is not scheduling "up". UND is an FCS team, Drake is an FCS team. This is an absolute fact and simply cannot be viewed any other way. Now, when UND or Drake is playing an FBS team, that can be considered scheduling up.

I think you can make the argument that a non-scholarship team scheduling a scholarship team is scheduling up. You can also argue that a team from a traditionally weaker conference scheduling traditionally strong teams is also scheduling up. Delaware and Valpo are both FCS teams, but Delaware adds a whole lot more to strength of schedule than Valpo does.

darell1976
December 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I think you can make the argument that a non-scholarship team scheduling a scholarship team is scheduling up. You can also argue that a team from a traditionally weaker conference scheduling traditionally strong teams is also scheduling up. Delaware and Valpo are both FCS teams, but Delaware adds a whole lot more to strength of schedule than Valpo does.

We are one of the premiere teams of the FCS.xsmiley_wix

TheBisonator
December 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
We are one of the premiere teams of the FCS.xsmiley_wix

You owe me a bottle of Mountain Dew. Just spit it all over my monitor.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I would love to see NDSU and UND play football again. Why not start with home and home 2 years apart as a trial run?

It was easy for UND to propose this with only 4 conference games and 7 teams to fill, but in 2012 we start Big Sky play and we will be in the same boat as NDSU as for as 8 conference games and 1 FBS team so with 2 OOC FCS games to fill maybe a different proposal by UND's AD Brian Faison will emerge and hopefully it will include a Dakota rotation where we play NDSU 1 year, SDSU, the next USD after that, instead of the every year or nothing.

darell1976
December 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM
You owe me a bottle of Mountain Dew. Just spit it all over my monitor.

I thought Bison fans would love that, especially after our big 3 win season.xlolx

darell1976
December 10th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I would love to see NDSU and UND play football again. Why not start with home and home 2 years apart as a trial run?

Its something to see the sports on tv talk about the Sioux-Bison rivalry start back up in basketball this weekend (IMO the Bison will kill the Sioux, unless a miracle happens). We need this excitement for football too. A home and home would be nice. Just something instead of Faison's all or nothing approach. Is it normally 2 years that schedules are made in advanced??

JBB
December 11th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Of course you want a home/home, that cheats NDSU out of 7,000 seats.

The options:

1) Fair price to play in Fargo, Drake type money adjusted downward for unneeded expense allowances
2) Wyoming type money for NDSU in GF
3) 2 for 1 starting in Fargo

I agree about Drake, not scheduling down. I do understand why that comment would be made.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Of course you want a home/home, that cheats NDSU out of 7,000 seats.

The options:

1) Fair price to play in Fargo, Drake type money adjusted downward for unneeded expense allowances
2) Wyoming type money for NDSU in GF
3) 2 for 1 starting in Fargo

I agree about Drake, not scheduling down. I do understand why that comment would be made.

Dude. Let. It. Go.

This has nothing to do with UND scheduling Drake, you've shouted into the wind enough on the Godforsaken UND/NDSU legislature thread that was shut down already. We get it! No need to hijack more threads with the same message.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Tells you the worst thing about a 5 team conference. I am just glad this is probably the last time we need a NAIA/D2 team on our schedule.

I think your confused, your going to the BIG SKY, D2 teams are tradition there. Enjoy.

Montana 07' Fort Lewis
Montana 08' Central Washington
Montana 09' Western State
Montana 10' Western State
Montana state 07' Dixie State
Montana state 08' Adams State
Montana state 09' Dixie State college of Utah
Montana state 10' Fort Lewis
Weber state 08' Fort Lewis
Weber state 09' Dixie State & Montana Western

Im going to bed, you get the point.

I forgive ISU-Blue for playing little league teams, but it kills me inside when anyone else in the MVFC does it.

Naughty SIU!!! See what you did to yourself!

darell1976
December 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I think your confused, your going to the BIG SKY, D2 teams are tradition there. Enjoy.

Montana 07' Fort Lewis

I forgive ISU-Blue for playing little league teams, but it kills me inside when anyone else in the MVFC does it.

Like when D2 UND upset UNI in 2006?

Thundar
December 11th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Montana 07' Fort Lewis

2003 NDSU 25 Montana 24

darell1976
December 11th, 2010, 08:42 AM
2003 NDSU 25 Montana 24

Exactly. I just think within UND's geography they could find OOC FCS teams to replace the NE Okalahoma States and the Sioux Falls. There are the SU's and USD to consider.