PDA

View Full Version : The George-Anne has confirmed that GSU didn't even bid...

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 5th, 2010, 08:35 PM
http://gadaily.com/index.php/sports/39-local-sports/2320-ncaa-georgia-southern-missed-deadline-for-quarterfinals-bid

I know the editor, who wrote the article. He e-mailed the NCAA about it and they e-mailed us back saying that GSU didn't even bid.

Wow...

GSU1-A
December 5th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Great job Sam Baker.. Anyone need an incompetent AD>?

SpeedkingATL
December 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Unbelievable....give up one of the best home fields in FCS....GSU deserves better than this.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 5th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Unbelievable....give up one of the best home fields in FCS....GSU deserves better than this.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?12216-How-could-this-happen

6 pages in like 4 hours about it over on our boards (not trying to steal anyone away from AGS, just trying to give an idea of how PISSED we are). Even our beautiful sorority girls are mad as hell about this. EVERYONE is pissed. The facebook statuses of my friends are pretty intense. I can't even imagine how the local businesses are going to react to this tomorrow. There are gonna be some angry people in the Boro.

seantaylor
December 5th, 2010, 10:47 PM
It is crazy that the local media(Statesboro, Savannah, Macon papers) hasn't picked up on this. And corrupt as hell. Alex Pellegrino would have nailed Sammy to the stake. But these yokels are all about the status quo.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 6th, 2010, 12:10 AM
It is crazy that the local media(Statesboro, Savannah, Macon papers) hasn't picked up on this. And corrupt as hell. Alex Pellegrino would have nailed Sammy to the stake. But these yokels are all about the status quo.

Wait till tomorrow. It's Sunday.

Tribe4SF
December 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
This is the same guy that apparently got upset over some of the smack talk between Tribe and Eagle fans last week. He was the only one who failed to take that stuff as good fun, with not a shred of seriousness. He needs to spend less time reading messageboards and do his job.

gsu6trophies
December 6th, 2010, 10:05 AM

Par for the course. And Sammy will blame the G-A. He will never, ever accept responsibility. And guess what. He will have his job until he is ready to retire. He is teflon. And somehow this will not be his fault. I wrote for the G-A. Sammy hated it when they reported any news that was unfavorable. I think he thought they should be a "state-ran" mouthpiece for the University. And the other papers in the area? They don't want to actually work. During the 03 Erk/Sewak issue Russell asked if this was Mike's decision or Sams or Pauls. You know who contacted Paul Johnson? The G-A. No other media outlet had the balls to do it. But Sammy will say that the G-A is a very bad thing for University
Athletics. When the truth is, He is a very bad thing and the G-A is doing there part in getting rid of him. I hope.

Eaglesrus
December 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I have been a GSU fan since we re-started football in the early 80s and this is the worst thing that I can remember happening to our program in that time other than the hiring of that guy who pretended to be our coach in 2006. There has been some argument that it might be an honest mistake; well, my experience is that sometimes honest mistakes have severe consequences, and in my opinion this should be one of those times. Effect on the team is by far the worst result, but what about the effect on the wallets of GSU and the Statesboro businesses that support GSU football, not to mention us fans?

gophoenix
December 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe they don't have the money??? I am being serious in saying that. It is a recession and you have had 4 coaches in a number of years recently, are they still paying any of those contracts out?

TypicalTribe
December 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
It should be said, however, that by all rights Wofford should be hosting this game, both in terms of the head-to-head win and overall conference finish. I think it's the right result for the integrity of a playoff system.

GSUhooligan
December 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe they don't have the money??? I am being serious in saying that. It is a recession and you have had 4 coaches in a number of years recently, are they still paying any of those contracts out?

Not the case. We made money in the SC St game even after the NCAA took their cut. A non-holiday weekend would have had an even greater turn-out with even more money to be had.

Baldy
December 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
xlolx

The only coach we're paying is the one we currently have, and it's been that way since Mike Sewak joined the GT coaching staff in 2008.

seantaylor
December 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Par for the course. And Sammy will blame the G-A. He will never, ever accept responsibility. And guess what. He will have his job until he is ready to retire. He is teflon. And somehow this will not be his fault. I wrote for the G-A. Sammy hated it when they reported any news that was unfavorable. I think he thought they should be a "state-ran" mouthpiece for the University. And the other papers in the area? They don't want to actually work. During the 03 Erk/Sewak issue Russell asked if this was Mike's decision or Sams or Pauls. You know who contacted Paul Johnson? The G-A. No other media outlet had the balls to do it. But Sammy will say that the G-A is a very bad thing for University
Athletics. When the truth is, He is a very bad thing and the G-A is doing there part in getting rid of him. I hope.

I love the G-A. They call these yokels out. I remember they were the only ones that called out the Statesboro bible beaters that were gerrymandering the city council vote.

SuperEagle
December 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM
It should be said, however, that by all rights Wofford should be hosting this game, both in terms of the head-to-head win and overall conference finish. I think it's the right result for the integrity of a playoff system.
I would have to agree with this.

eaglewraith
December 6th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Sammy the Teflon AD strikes again

http://www.statesboroherald.com/section/1/article/27277/

Black and Gold Express
December 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I don't have access to premium content there, but the teaser says "a different interpretation" of the rules cost them this? That kind of spin belongs in Congress.

eaglewraith
December 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I don't have access to premium content there, but the teaser says "a different interpretation" of the rules cost them this? That kind of spin belongs in Congress.

Use BugMeNot ;)

tractorapp
December 7th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I would have to agree with this.

I agree too, but that is not the point. GSU should have at least submitted a bid. It's hard enough to win without your own administration undermining your chances.

gophoenix
December 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
xlolx

The only coach we're paying is the one we currently have, and it's been that way since Mike Sewak joined the GT coaching staff in 2008.

Well that's good, I was wondering how that worked out....

Mr. C
December 9th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Since when are private emails part of the Freedom of Information Act? Sam the spin doctor strikes again

Baldy
December 9th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Since when are private emails part of the Freedom of Information Act? Sam the spin doctor strikes again

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?80103-App-State-AD-sabotages-GSU-s-playoff-bid&p=1597830&viewfull=1#post1597830