PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs Delaware to be the Friday 8:00 Game

falcon86
December 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Just heard this from a good source. Surprised it was not the Appy State/Nova game.

Mattymc727
December 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
So is it on ESPN?

GannonFan
December 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM
So is it on ESPN?

I think both the Friday night and the Saturday noon games are major station ESPN (i.e. not ESPN Gameplan) games. Appy will get one of them - UD getting the other one wouldn't be shocking, especially with the Devlin angle.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Quarterfinals confirmed kickoffs for #CAAFB...UNH at Del-8pm, Fri., ESPN2HD...Nova at App St.-12pm, Sat., ESPNHD

GannonFan
December 5th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Confirmed - NCAA site has UD/UNH as the Friday night game - Appy/nova is noon on Saturday, EWU/NDSU is 3:30PM on Saturday, and no information on Wofford/GSU.

UNH Fanboi
December 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Too bad, I can't get out of work in time for a Friday game. But I'm glad we'll be on ESPN and hope we represent FCS well in front of a large audience!

NHwildEcat
December 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I am pumped for this...this time of the year it is tough to make last minute plans when it comes to football games...so this was best case for me...GO CATS!

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 12:04 PM
The best thing about it being on Friday is that it's going to be here one day sooner. Whoever wins this game is going to earn it, that's for sure.

Mr. C
December 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
After what I was hearing up in Boone on Friday, I was surprised by the ASU-VU game being moved to Saturday. It probably had to do with Villanova's travel back from Texas and to Boone (not the easiest place in FCS to get to).

Here is the link for the College Sporting News blog on the scheduling announcement:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?125-FCS-Schedule-For-The-Quarterfinals-Is-Out

BlueHenSinfonian
December 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I'm excited. I wish I could be in Newark for the game, but since I'm stuck 1,100 miles away, at least I can watch in HD. H-E-N-S Hens! Hens! Hens!

cruyf
December 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
agree. stuck in New Orleans until Saturday, so a Friday night game on ESPN something works for me.

Nebuta
December 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Both legit contenders for the NC and wouldnt be suprised if the winner goes on to lift the trophy. Going to be an even more exciting game now that its going to be on Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Any UNH fan who's never been to the Tub before sould make the trip if they can. It's a GREAT place to watch a football game.
I'm seeing expected crowds well below normal on other sites, will the cold and a Friday night start keep people away?

Henbychoice
December 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Any UNH fan who's never been to the Tub before sould make the trip if they can. It's a GREAT place to watch a football game.
I'm seeing expected crowds well below normal on other sites, will the cold and a Friday night start keep people away?

I think attendance will suffer mightily due to the later Friday night start and the cooler weather. Though UNH scares me, I'm looking forward to seeing them for the 1st time in a while (and won't again next year.) The boys in blue better decide that they want to play for 60 minutes and not the usual random 45 or so.
Look forward to seeing the UNH fans, there always good people to hang with.

Hopefully the Friday evening start doesn't bring out the drunken fools. I know they're everywhere but you hate to see them in your stadium(especially when they're your so called fans!)

ccd494
December 5th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Good. Maybe it will keep some of you punk Wildcat fans out of the Alfond on Friday. xlolx

BlueHenSinfonian
December 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hopefully the Friday evening start doesn't bring out the drunken fools. I know they're everywhere but you hate to see them in your stadium(especially when they're your so called fans!)

I like the drunken fools, as long as they're happy spirited drunken fools and not aggressive belligerent drunken fools.

gannonchokedagain
December 6th, 2010, 04:23 AM

Dress warm. Delaware Stadium is like the coldest place on earth. Winds coming off the Delaware River. Yes, I was there freezing my butt off watching Rich Gannon choke away many games for 4 seasons.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Delaware Stadium is not on the Delaware River, maybe you were in Chester

gannonchokedagain
December 6th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Delaware Stadium is not on the Delaware River, maybe you were in Chester
5 miles maybe? I didn't know Chester was in Delaware. Did you move it from Pennsylvania?

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2010, 06:34 AM
5 miles maybe? I didn't know Chester was in Delaware. Did you move it from Pennsylvania?

Not I, but everyone knows that Chester and Pa are a natural fit

charliej
December 6th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I think attendance will suffer mightily due to the later Friday night start and the cooler weather. Though UNH scares me, I'm looking forward to seeing them for the 1st time in a while (and won't again next year.) The boys in blue better decide that they want to play for 60 minutes and not the usual random 45 or so.
Look forward to seeing the UNH fans, there always good people to hang with.

Aw come on.....it was just that one time! ;)

Henzone
December 6th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Dress warm. Delaware Stadium is like the coldest place on earth. Winds coming off the Delaware River. Yes, I was there freezing my butt off watching Rich Gannon choke away many games for 4 seasons.

Gannon only played 3 seasons. The stadium is nowhere near the Delaware River. Gannon was the best QB EVER to play for the Hens. Other then that , Mr Fruitcake, you're right on target.

gannonchokedagain
December 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Gannon only played 3 seasons. The stadium is nowhere near the Delaware River. Gannon was the best QB EVER to play for the Hens. Other then that , Mr Fruitcake, you're right on target.

Little sensitive there Mr. Gannon. Problems at the airport on the way home? 3 years, but it felt like 4.

henfan
December 6th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Little sensitive there Mr. Gannon. Problems at the airport on the way home? 3 years, but it felt like 4.

Oops. Looks like the Lehigh fool has created yet another board name.xsmileyclapx

aust42
December 6th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I'm in a state of depression. I have to fly to Houston, TX Friday for my sister's wedding.

henfan
December 6th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I'm in a state of depression. I have to fly to Houston, TX Friday for my sister's wedding.

Wow. Too bad for your sister. Hope she gets the wedding on DVD for you.xnodx

Henzone
December 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM
If you're going to *uck with Gannonfan's mind then at least put something in print that is half credible idiot!

Big Al
December 6th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I'm not a religious man but I'm considering of converting so I can pray for a UNH win.

GannonFan
December 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
If you're going to *uck with Gannonfan's mind then at least put something in print that is half credible idiot!

Indeed. A well crafted piece of smack is very hard to come by these days. I blame our educational system - just aren't focusing on developing good writers. Pity.

NovaHater
December 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Not I, but everyone knows that Chester and Pa are a natural fit

Maybe I'm taking your post wrong, you aren't slamming PA are you ? How are PA & Chester a natural fit ? Before you respond, let me remind you:

Your QB is from PA and next years QB is from PA
Your coach is from PA and STILL lives there xlolx So if DEL is so great, why does your coach live in PA ?
White, Waters, Naugle etc are PA kids, do you really want to dump on PA xnonox

Wildcat80
December 6th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I'm not a religious man but I'm considering of converting so I can pray for a UNH win.

Converts are always welcome....alot of Catholics on UNH's roster!

NHwildEcat
December 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Good. Maybe it will keep some of you punk Wildcat fans out of the Alfond on Friday. xlolx

That game is being televised too...so during the commerical breaks for football I will be making sure the ice hockey team keeps on rolling...

cowboy91
December 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Only a few more days now. This might be a 51-48 game (hopefully Delaware winning it but I won't make guarantees)

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 6th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I will be surprised if the total on this game is over 48