PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Winners: Quarterfinals

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I preface my picks by saying I have CAA bias and have no justification for my selections.

Villanova over Appalachian State
North Dakota State over Eastern Washington
Delaware over New Hampshire
Wofford over Georgia Southern

cruyf
December 5th, 2010, 08:59 AM
App State
Eastern W
Delaware
Georgia Southern

millwoga1
December 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM
App.
Del.
E. Wash.
Woff.

wmmii
December 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM
'Nova
UNH
E Wash
GSU

MaxASU'81
December 5th, 2010, 10:59 AM
App State in a game for the ages!
EWU
Delaware
Wofford

NovaHater
December 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Villanova
Eastern Washington
New Hampshire
Georgia Southern

Appalachian
December 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
ASU
NDSU
New Hampshire
GSU

Twentysix
December 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Villanova loses to Appalachian State
Wofford loses to Georgia Southern

App-a-latch-un
December 5th, 2010, 11:22 AM
App
EW
Del
GSU

runHENrun
December 5th, 2010, 11:30 AM
VU over App
NDSU over EW
UD over NH.....A game for the ages!
GSU over Woffy

charliej
December 5th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Nova
EW
UD
GSU

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
App State
NDSU
Delaware
Georgia Southern

tribefan40
December 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Villanova @ Appalachian State - Best game of the weekend. This is a tough game to call in that both teams are good and Szczur appears to be back to form. App will be extremely tough at home but I got to show some conference love and go with the Wildcats - 28-27
North Dakota State @ Eastern Washington - Midnight holds off for one more week. Bison take it 35-21
New Hampshire @ Delaware -The only home team I'm picking to win. UNH plays them tough but not enough in the end. Hens 21-17
Georgia Southern @ Wofford - Something tells me this game will look significantly different from week five. Eagles 28-14

Saint3333
December 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised at how many are picking UNH. UD has the stronger running game and rush defense, passing is about even.

NP
EWU by 3
UD by 10
GSU by 10

westdakotabison
December 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
ASU
NDSU
New Hampshire
GSU

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
APP - by 7. Nova and App are probably even on talent, but the Rock gives ASU a TD.

UNI - Just because I have Michiganxlolx....

EWU - because of the Red Turf

GSU - WOW!!! Peaking at the right time

Just my opinion, but its as good a guess as anybody else.

AppMAN04
December 5th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Mighty YOSEF
EWU
UD
GSU, because I want to see you guys one last time this season..

heath
December 5th, 2010, 03:36 PM
'Nova
UNH
E Wash
GSU
AGREE with these,but IF there is a blow out,what game will it be?

MplsBison
December 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Lot of E Wash picks by the eastern time zone folks who obviously don't have a clue about NDSU's win in Bozeman. And oh by the way, that was a MSU team that beat Eastern Washington this year. Yes I know, you can't just a match-up by similar opponents.

Just sayin....

Nova
NDSU

Delaware
Geo So

BlueHenSinfonian
December 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
APP - by 7. Nova and App are probably even on talent, but the Rock gives ASU a TD.

UNI - Just because I have Michiganxlolx....

EWU - because of the Red Turf

GSU - WOW!!! Peaking at the right time

Just my opinion, but its as good a guess as anybody else.

xconfusedx

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I think he meant to say "UNH - Just because I hate Michigan"

stevdock
December 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Lot of E Wash picks by the eastern time zone folks who obviously don't have a clue about NDSU's win in Bozeman. And oh by the way, that was a MSU team that beat Eastern Washington this year. Yes I know, you can't just a match-up by similar opponents.

Just sayin....

Nova
NDSU

Delaware
Geo So

This may be the one and only time I agree with MplsBison. We are hoping here if we win and Nova wins that we can outbid them for a home semi-final game.

McNeese75
December 5th, 2010, 04:37 PM
App State
North Dakota State
Delaware
Georgia Southern

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM
What's the Bison injury situation? The games are starting to pile up at this point for NDSU and my concern with them is health. I've been on their bandwagon all year and i'd like to stay on it for at least one more week.

HailSzczur
December 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
NOVA
NDSU
UDEL
GSU

NDB
December 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM
What's the Bison injury situation? The games are starting to pile up at this point for NDSU and my concern with them is health. I've been on their bandwagon all year and i'd like to stay on it for at least one more week.

Healthy, except for the quarterbacks - but that hasn't seemed to be a problem the last few week.

We're healthiest we've been all season.

The biggest thing is that that o-line is in form. That's how we ran for 376 despite the fact that everyone, including our quarterback's mother, knowing we couldn't throw.

No_Skill
December 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Healthy, except for the quarterbacks - but that hasn't seemed to be a problem the last few week.

We're healthiest we've been all season.

The biggest thing is that that o-line is in form. That's how we ran for 376 despite the fact that everyone, including our quarterback's mother, knowing we couldn't throw.

Psssst...don't tell EWU, but I bet we do a bunch of running this Saturday as well.

charliej
December 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM
This may be the one and only time I agree with MplsBison. We are hoping here if we win and Nova wins that we can outbid them for a home semi-final game.

xlolxxlolx ..... I think you have a chance at that. ;)

MplsBison
December 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM

IMO there is no unseeded team in the bracket this year that we wouldn't out bid.

MplsBison
December 5th, 2010, 06:21 PM

Only injury I could tell from the game was at QB. But I swear the younger kid (Jenson) gets hurt every week and then Bohl says "it's a game time decision" and then he ends up starting again the next game.

Mohler really is that bad at throwing the ball. Sure, he can run with the ball. He could probably play slot receiver or a scat-back type of running back (although I don't think he has ideal speed for that at the FCS level). He sprained his shoulder at Missouri St and then again looked to have at least tweaked that at Montana St. That only makes it worse.

At least Jensen has a chance to complete the pass, even if it is wild at times.

Imagine if NDSU had a QB that could throw the ball around a little bit, when that was needed. The team will always be a run first team (at least under Bohl), but without a passing game it will eventually run into a team that can put 8 in the box and stop the run.

You know it's wierd to me...it's almost like Bohl signs QBs that aren't necessarily that good at actually throwing a football. Jensen can let it rip, for sure, but most of the other guys are/were just good for handing it off or running with it (thinking of guys like Parsons, Mertens, Jackson, Perez..).

Maybe Jensen will settle down or maybe this new freshman from Bismarck, ND will regain NDSU's passing form of Steve Walker. But like I said, without a guy who can sling it when needed, the offense will falter again as it did during the regular season.

phan
December 5th, 2010, 06:43 PM
agree 100%, I only wish 3 socon teams could advance!

ASU
NDSU
New Hampshire
GSU

Grizo406
December 6th, 2010, 03:12 PM
App State
Eastern W
Delaware
Georgia Southern

biggie
December 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM
App
EW
Delaware
Wofford

Ivytalk
December 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Villanova
EWU
Delaware
GSU

Terrierforlife
December 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
App
EWU
Delaware
WOFFORD!

THE HERD
December 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I like how many people are picking against us......that has usually been a good sign for us. Now we just need Capn Cat to pick the eags and we are set!

TBone
December 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Villanova @ Appalachian State - by 3
North Dakota State @ Eastern Washington - by 7
New Hampshire @ Delaware - by 1
Georgia Southern @ Wofford - by 7

ASU_Fanatic
December 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
App State
Eastern W
Delaware
Wofford

EdubAlum
December 6th, 2010, 06:21 PM

Just sayin....

Nova
NDSU

Delaware
Geo So

and the fact that one of the best running backs in the nation wasn't playing 100% that game didn't help any (crippled in the first half, and didn't play in the 2nd half at all). But go ahead and believe that, it's fine with me.

Nebuta
December 6th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Nova - This is the dream match up. I was stoked when I saw the possibility of this match up. Nova shouldnt get rattled by the moment. They did just fine in the Tub, when their season was on the line. Presley, Sz and Whitney are pleasure to watch. I am really excited to see how App St matches up. Both high power offense. This one will be a barn burner. Nova squeeks it out in overtime #8, as they go for 2. 78-79 Nova
NDSU - NDSU is hot right now. EWU does have homefield advantage and a kid named Taiwan Jones. He will give NDSU fits all day. I expected NDSU to use the Jordan theory on EWU. Taiwan will get his (TD or two), just have to keep his team-mates around him from scoring. On the other side of the ball, DJ can carry the work load. I like NDSU defense here to be the difference in a 21-17 NDSU.
UNH - UNH seems to have UDs number as of late. UD seems to make UNH's back ups look all-world (cough-Santos) when they get a chance to play. I think Decker will have a good day. I like UNH cause of their defense and their offense playcalling. UD's playcalling has questionable at times as it seems to be the only thing slowing UDs Offense down. I wouldnt be suprised if Devlin proves me wrong and has another game to showcase his draft stock. 33-32 UNH. I wouldnt be suprised if the winner likely to reaches the NC game and holds up the trophy.
GSU - GSU is firing on all cylinders. Both teams have a great running game. Brown looks like he is a man playing amongst boys. He is at different level. Wofford D is one of the best and will have their hands full. 35-27 GSU

rcny46
December 6th, 2010, 07:10 PM
AGREE with these,but IF there is a blow out,what game will it be?

Sadly,I would have to go with UNH.

fball27
December 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
APP
EW
NH
GSU

I hope I'm wrong though, because I'd would love to see Nova and Delaware in the finals.

OhioHen
December 7th, 2010, 06:14 AM
prefer
Villanova
Eastern Washington
Delaware
Wofford

predict
Appalachian State
North Dakota State
Delaware
Georgia Southern

GSUhooligan
December 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
predict
Appalachian State
North Dakota State
Delaware
Georgia Southern

Are those your playoff picks or your final 4 predictions for "Most Annoying Fanbase."

GoGSU
December 7th, 2010, 02:51 PM
not sure about the others.....but Georgia Southern will win....

Black and Gold Express
December 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I really don't see many of these being too close in the end.

Delaware by 10
UD is the class of the CAA.

GSU by 17
GSU is playing some of their best football in 5 years now, and I just am not a believer that Wofford has the athletes to keep up.

NDSU by 8
Watched the replay of the MSU game on ESPN3. It was exactly how a ground pounding visitor would want that game to go. I don't think they'll go pinball on the scoreboard late again this week, but I do think they can wear out EWU in the end.

ASU by 17
I still think ASU with a healthy QB would have gotten by Montana and drilled VU last year, and I expect that point to be delivered this week. This assumes the weather doesn't turn worse than originally expected again like it did last weekend, but even with that I think ASU is 10 points better than VU at home. A late score puts it away to a 3-score differential.

ButlerGSU
December 7th, 2010, 03:30 PM

Delaware by 10

GSU by 17
GSU is playing some of their best football in 5 years now, and I just am not a believer that Wofford has the athletes to keep up.

NDSU by 8
Watched the replay of the MSU game on ESPN3. It was exactly how a ground pounding visitor would want that game to go. I don't think they'll go pinball on the scoreboard late again this week, but I do think they can wear out EWU in the end.

ASU by 17
I still think ASU with a healthy QB would have gotten by Montana and drilled VU last year, and I expect that point to be delivered this week. This assumes the weather doesn't turn worse than originally expected again like it did last weekend, but even with that I think ASU is 10 points better than VU at home. A late score puts it away to a 3-score differential.

I agree with your picks but I don't believe GSU beats Wofford by all that much. Wofford is really well coached and has good depth. Georgia Southern has great coaches but we're still very young. I believe Georgia Southern is fortunate to win but it'll be too close for my comfort.

T-Dawg95
December 7th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Delaware by 7
E. Wash by 10
App by 7
Wofford by 3

Henwatcher
December 7th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Here are this week's locks:
Villanova
Eastern Washington
New Hampshire
Georgia Southern

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 7th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Villanova @ Appalachian State - Cats' dreams of repeating die at the Rock.
North Dakota State @ Eastern Washington - Bison have what it takes to win another one on the road.
New Hampshire @ Delaware - Blue Hens have no problem with UNH
Georgia Southern @ Wofford - Have to go with the Terriers at home.

Grabholdofyosef
December 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
ASU
NDSU
UNH
GSU

I picked Wofford in my ncaa.com bracket but GSU is playing lights out right now, so I gotta go with them. I still feel good about the other three I picked before the tourney.

AppChicago
December 7th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Man, oh man. Tough choices. I love the playoffs.

I'll take GSU over Wofford. Call it momentum. Call it a late bloom. I just think these guys are still on the upswing and show no signs of stopping in the face of the Terriers.

I also think Delaware will thump UNH by more than a few.

NDSU and EWU? I honestly don't know how this one will play out. No idea. Let's say NDSU, but only because I think that red turf is wicked ugly.

And, finally, ASU/Nova. This is tough, because I think we're capable of beating the tar out of Villanova, but for reasons I can't quite pin down, I think they might just send us packing. I think it's going to be a hard fought game, and I'm happy I'll be there to watch. I'll call it for App by less than 7.

Heck, forget that. What does my gut know? App by 21, and screw it if I'm wrong.

OldSouth
December 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM
App State - Hoping at least 50 Villanova fans show
EWU - They had great fans a few years ago at the rock and want to see them again
Delaware - Sorry guys, no rematch here for 2007 - I want all SoCon Final
Wofford - Let's go ankle biters - hoping for an all SoCon final. Its all bird for you from now on. First a dirty bird with stink and then the chokin chicken. See you in January

Venaros
December 7th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Appalachian State over Villanova
Georgia Southern over Wofford

Ya know I never thought I'd say it, but let's go App. State! I'm hoping y'all trounce 'Nova.

Witsend
December 8th, 2010, 01:19 AM
App State over 'Nova...by big score
EWU wins big
GSU over Wofford, but this is a tough one
NH over Delaware

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Delaware
NDST
Nova
Wofford

md64179
December 8th, 2010, 06:55 AM
APP
EWU
UD
GSU

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 8th, 2010, 07:39 AM
ASU
NDSU
UNH
GSU

Go SU's!!!

Black Saturday
December 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM
App State over 'Nova...by big score
EWU wins big
GSU over Wofford, but this is a tough one
NH over Delaware

I'll go with your picks

NH
APP
GSU
EWU

wideright82
December 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Delaware by 10

GSU by 17

NDSU by 8

ASU by 17

With a healthy QB App State wins the national championship every year.

bigCasu
December 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
App
NDSU
Delaware
Wofford

GaSouthern
December 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
App
EWU
Delaware
GSU

I expect GSU to finish the season with 10 wins and a loss to Del to finish the season... exactly what happened in Paul Johnson's first season at GSU

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
VU
NDSU
UDEL
GSU

NHwildEcat
December 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I'll go with your picks

NH
APP
GSU
EWU

Agreed.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 8th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I'll go with your picks

NH
APP
GSU
EWU

I'm going with this --- except NDSU, Wofford, Nova and UD.

Appalachian will suffer under the might of the Defending National Champions and CAA PowerHouse, soon to be of the Big East. They've got an NFL all-pro lineman, an unstoppable QB and a guy with a salad named after him. Did I mention they are from the CAA? UNH continues their trend of losing to bad teams. If NDSU can do anything it is create turnovers and that will be the difference. Coulter Boyer wreaks havov and the blood flows for E-Dub on that red turf.

Wofford beats The Other GSU just on principle. How ignorant can they be at The Stink to lose a home playoff game?

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Nova - This is the dream match up. I was stoked when I saw the possibility of this match up. Nova shouldnt get rattled by the moment. They did just fine in the Tub, when their season was on the line. Presley, Sz and Whitney are pleasure to watch. I am really excited to see how App St matches up. Both high power offense. This one will be a barn burner. Nova squeeks it out in overtime #8, as they go for 2. 78-79 Nova

WOW! So, you don't think App plays any D ??????????

I'll be surprised in Nova scores more than 28. But, I agree - this is a dream match-up. From what little I have seen of Nova, I think you all may have a problem with App's speed. One thing's for sure, neither team will make any bone-headed coaching moves. I can't wait!

LeadBolt
December 8th, 2010, 02:22 PM
'Nova
EWU
Delaware
GSU

I'm expecting 4 good games.

cowboy91
December 8th, 2010, 02:34 PM
UNH continues their trend of losing to bad teams.

Delaware sure is a bad team.

GannonFan
December 8th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I'm going with

Appy St
NDSU
UD
GSU

with Appy St being the most iffy.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM
App State
Delaware
G Southern
NDSU

The Bison defense can play with anyone in the country. EW will stack the box to stop the run but IMO, the Bison will still run the ball on them.
Bison 28-17

heath
December 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
out of the loop... but,someone please list TV schedules for these games.

cowboy91
December 8th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Friday
UNH/UD, 8pm ESPN2
Saturday
Nova/App, 12pm, ESPNHD
GSU/Wofford 2pm, ESPN3.com
NDST/EWU 3:30pm, ESPN GP/ESPN3.com

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2010, 03:07 PM
New Hampshire @ Delaware - Don't know a lot about UNH but I know that Delaware has a very stout defense and UNH appears to be fairly one dimensional on offense (especially against the good Ds they've played this year). UD 24, UNH 13
Villanova @ Appalachian St - I know that ASU's weakness is the defensive secondary and a healthy Szczur works in Villnova's favor here. This may be one of those games where the last offense with the ball wins. VU 38, ASU 34
Georgia Southern @ Wofford - Don't have much justification for this pick other than a hunch. I think GSU comes out feeling a little too good about themselves and Wofford is a better team than they get credit for IMO. WC 21, GSU 17
North Dakota St @ Eastern Washington - I can't bring myself to pick against the Bison at this point. I have a hunch that (weather permitting) the Bison passing game wakes up in this game and EWU sells out and does a good job of containing NDSU's potent ground attack. The defense steps up in the 4th quarter wins this game for the Bison. NDSU 24, EWU 17

GeauxLions94
December 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Appalachian State
North Dakota State
Delaware
Wofford

cowboy91
December 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
snow, high of 33, 1-3" expected at gametime in Cheney.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
snow, high of 33, 1-3" expected at gametime in Cheney.

Might be easier on the eyes to get some snow on that field xlolx

Our kids should enjoy it, high temperature of 0 on Saturday and -2 on Sunday in Fargo.