PDA

View Full Version : Villanova @ Appalachian State

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Old Cat Fan
December 10th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Chris Whitney.. no speed, all guts

When watching Whitney play against UNH this year, the thing that stood out the most was his hard nose running style when he kept the ball he will lower his shoulders and run people over, you have to wrap him up. Reminded myself of Tim Tebow not gracefull but will get every inch if there is one to get.

AppMan
December 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
TRUE DAT!

Almost!

In 24 hours I'll be good and drunk!

xrotatehxxrotatehx

Go App!

Please, please, please no more drunk fans. A drunk AppState ticket buyer (won't call him a fan) made an *** of himeslf last week yelling and taunting the WIU fans. Sould have locked him up for public intoxication.

KiddBrewer
December 10th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Please, please, please no more drunk fans. A drunk AppState ticket buyer (won't call him a fan) made an *** of himeslf last week yelling and taunting the WIU fans. Sould have locked him up for public intoxication.

ha yea, there wont be any drunk fans there tomorrow........xlolx

your posts make feel......depressed

ASU_Fanatic
December 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I'm sooooooo pumped, I'm really concerned about the attendance though, I've heard ticket sales haven't been good at all. It makes you wonder how you pack 29,000 in against NCCU but will only have likke 17,000 against Villanova in the second round, in a game where the winner will probably go on to win it all. Does weather make THAT much of a difference, I heard tomorrow wasn't going to be too bad...like mid 40s.

ASU_Fanatic
December 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Boone is an awesome experience. Went there for a playoff game in 2005 (daughter...Lafayette). They are serious about Christmas tree's and football. If UD ever matches up with App. State in football I would love to go back.

Villanova fans...go to this game. The tailgating at ASU and the atmosphere are worth the trip down. TV will not do it justice. My family had more fun in Boone than ANY other tailgate experience and that includes my 11 years at UD games in the Blue Lot.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Appreciate the compliments. It is amazing sight, can't think of anywhere better to spend every fall.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2010, 10:07 PM
When watching Whitney play against UNH this year.....Reminded myself of Tim Tebow not gracefull but will get every inch if there is one to get.

haha i dont think anyone will every confuse whitney as a graceful runner
hardnosed yes, but with the grace of a linebacker

ASU_Fanatic
December 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Accoring to the ASUMB sections 208 and 209 are closed...wth? I'm in 215 I just can't believe we're actually closing sections, c'mon guys tell your friend to go then have your friend tell his friend to go, then have your friend friends invite one of his friends to the game.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Accoring to the ASUMB sections 208 and 209 are closed...wth? I'm in 215 I just can't believe we're actually closing sections, c'mon guys tell your friend to go then have your friend tell his friend to go, then have your friend friends invite one of his friends to the game.

wow really? if we wanted to deal with lack of attendence they should have had the game at nova lol. then i could have gone

ASU_Fanatic
December 10th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I didn't read the entire thread but someone said that they might just be saving those for people who are going to buy tickets at the gae, I hope so. And no offense but Nova still wouldn't have more than we're going to have. I expect 15,000 at the least.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2010, 10:21 PM
seeing as 15,000 is pretty much the size of villanova stadium, you well easily better attendence then up here.
We were sold out for parents weekend which happened to be the first home game for the defending champs.
its embarrasing though for playoff games like last year when holy cross has as many fans in the stands

regardless of the attendence, im sure the experience tomorrow will be surreal, both on the field and throughout boone

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I'm sooooooo pumped, I'm really concerned about the attendance though, I've heard ticket sales haven't been good at all. It makes you wonder how you pack 29,000 in against NCCU but will only have likke 17,000 against Villanova in the second round, in a game where the winner will probably go on to win it all. Does weather make THAT much of a difference, I heard tomorrow wasn't going to be too bad...like mid 40s.

I think the weather has little to do with it. I think it's more that it's Christmas time, people are busy, and the playoffs don't lend themselves to easily make plans on a week-to-week basis. It's easy to plan to be at the NCCU game in September with 5 months to plan, and it not being as busy a time. Do a quick search of ASU playoff attendance and you'll see some similar trends. They don't have to worry about this in FBS, so it's a unique situation to FCS, and it seems to be widespread (save Montana).

ASU_Fanatic
December 10th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I think the weather has little to do with it. I think it's more that it's Christmas time, people are busy, and the playoffs don't lend themselves to easily make plans on a week-to-week basis. It's easy to plan to be at the NCCU game in September with 5 months to plan, and it not being as busy a time. Do a quick search of ASU playoff attendance and you'll see some similar trends. They don't have to worry about this in FBS, so it's a unique situation to FCS, and it seems to be widespread (save Montana).Good point, Christmas does have people on tight budgets which is why I won't be able to go to Texas if we make it. I was just wanting to impress on ESPN.

mountaineermaniac
December 10th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I'm some kind of pumped to bet at The Rock tommorow!!
Everybody needs to check out this new video at playattherock.com to get ready for the game tomorrow.
http://www.playattherock.com/ Prepare for Greatness

Mr. C
December 10th, 2010, 11:21 PM
seeing as 15,000 is pretty much the size of villanova stadium, you well easily better attendence then up here.
We were sold out for parents weekend which happened to be the first home game for the defending champs.
its embarrasing though for playoff games like last year when holy cross has as many fans in the stands

regardless of the attendence, im sure the experience tomorrow will be surreal, both on the field and throughout boone

Villanova Stadium seats 12,000.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Awesome motivational video for the Villanova game. (featuring Daniel Wilcox... former App State and Raven)

"Prepare for Greatness"
http://www.playattherock.com/

Gets really good at 3:00 mark.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Lets go nova!!!! Clap clap clap!

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I think the weather has little to do with it. I think it's more that it's Christmas time, people are busy, and the playoffs don't lend themselves to easily make plans on a week-to-week basis. It's easy to plan to be at the NCCU game in September with 5 months to plan and it not being as busy a time. Do a quick search of ASU playoff attendance and you'll see some similar trends. They don't have to worry about this in FBS, so it's a unique situation to FCS, and it seems to be widespread (save Montana).

I've always thought that was the biggest factor (and the one a lot of people don't consider when they talk about how/why "nobody" is at the playoff games

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Awesome motivational video for the Villanova game. (featuring Daniel Wilcox... former App State and Raven)

"Prepare for Greatness"
http://www.playattherock.com/

Gets really good at 3:00 mark.

Tremendous video...really enjoyed it.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I'm some kind of pumped to bet at The Rock tommorow!!
Everybody needs to check out this new video at playattherock.com to get ready for the game tomorrow.
http://www.playattherock.com/ Prepare for Greatness

awesome! OKAY I'M AWAKE, I'M AWAKE! let's play this thing!!!!!!

HappyAppy13
December 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Just watched that clip....AHHHHHH, LET'S GOOOO!!!!!!!! Most pumped I've been for a game all year!!!!! GO....FIGHT....KICK A$$!!!!!!

ASU_Fanatic
December 11th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Holy mother of Jesus what a video! Talk about Goosepumps. Alright lettggoooo!

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2010, 07:43 AM
There's a reason why they call Jake the best!!!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM
http://streak.espn.go.com/en/entry

25% of all active picks picked the Nova vs App St. game on ESPN's streak for the cash. Of those picks, 97+% have picked App State. WOW! Gotta love being the underdogs!

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 08:36 AM

25% of all active picks picked the Nova vs App St. game on ESPN's streak for the cash. Of those picks, 97+% have picked App State. WOW! Gotta love being the underdogs!

i would say a good chunk of that 97% is based strictly on name recognition.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2010, 08:41 AM
i would say a good chunk of that 97% is based strictly on name recognition.

ha there was a whole thread based on which school is more recognizable........

but for football, yes, i agree

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
True - and the fact that most people see that App State has a better record and are the home team and are the number 1 seed...

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM
What is the over/under for the amount of times ESPN shows the quarterfinal bracket on the screen?

16.5?

KiddBrewer
True - and the fact that most people see that App State has a better record and are the home team and are the number 1 seed...

exactly, i wouldnt read too much into it

cowboy91
That's real uh, swell, but go Villanova. As much as that pains me to say.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
What is the over/under for the amount of times ESPN shows the quarterfinal bracket on the screen?

16.5?

ummmm........ha i wish i could watch, but ill be at the game. but....id say well over 20

MtnJumper
December 11th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I can't wait for this game to get underway! One more Mountaineer win and I'll be traveling cross-country for my first home game in 4 years! GO APP!

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I can't wait for this game to get underway! One more Mountaineer win and I'll be traveling cross-country for my first home game in 4 years! GO APP!

haha you seem pretty confident that the EWU-NDSU winner doesn't stand a chance dont ya?

AppMAN04
December 11th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Well my pick is in.... going for win #6 i think.. GO ASU!! GAMETIME

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I'm hoping App State wins by 4 TD's but i believe a healthy 'Nova team is better. Should be a great game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Game time!! Crowd looks ok, nothing great.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:08 AM
TD App State!! That's what i'm talking about!!

Nebuta
TD App St. Crowd is pretty loud for all the empty seats.

theasushow
Nova looking a tad slow......

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Good statement drive App St.

appstate38
December 11th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Nova looking a tad slow......

Nice opening drive... need to stay on the gas...

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Think maybe ASU's keying on Szczur?

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 11:14 AM
App St is going to need to send more then 4 to get the QB to help out its secondary.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Whitney should have taken on the DB. That was weak running out of bounds.

appstate38
December 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Doing fine against the run.... got to get better on the pass

JohnStOnge
December 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
App's leading but it'd be good for them if they can find a way to generate a pass rush. Villanova's offensive line looks impressive in pass protection. Ajpp's not going to stop them if this keeps up. Every time they need yards the quarterback just sits back there with plenty of time. It reminds me of when Kenny Stabler played for the Raiders in the NFL and had Art Shell & company giving him an eternity to throw the ball.

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 11:18 AM
TD Nova!! Looks like whoever has the ball last will win this offensive shootout.

appstate38
Could be a shoot out

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Nova. This game is going to come down to TO's and mistakes. I can't see either defense stopping these offenses.

Jackman
Great response by Villanova. This may be a good one.

JohnStOnge
I'll say the same thing I said after watching the title game last year: People can talk about S...however you spell it and the skill people all they want. The real key is that Villanova has an excellent offensive line.

cowboy91
Way to respond, Nova.

turn1979
December 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Nova was big on 3rd downs.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
They ran the same play on each of their 3rd down conversions. ASU has to do a better job taking away that slot route to the left.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2010, 11:22 AM
First team to play defense wins? Go nova.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:23 AM
There's the first turnover. Can't do that in this game.

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ruh Roh.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Lol just fall down. Why did he pitch it?

appstate38
December 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Way to respond D!!! HUGE effort

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
ASU gives Nova a gift, and the D makes a statement. No harm done.

Mntneer
December 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Despite the Nova TD, I like the way App's D is looking so far. Way to step up after the turnover.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Holy crap that stadium is empty

Mntneer
December 11th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Way to go Devon!!

paward
December 11th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I heard the announcers say only three losses in the last 58 games. I know GSU and Richmond, who is the third team to win at the rock?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Huge play by App State. I agree that 'Nova does not have much lateral speed on defense.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Huge stop by the 'Nova D. I don't understand the Appy play calling on that one.

Mntneer
Props to Novas D. I do not recall anyone holding us from that distance this season.

Nebuta
Holy crap that stadium is empty

Yeah, they are pretty loud considering.

charliej
Nova makes a good GL stand....10-7 ASU

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I heard the announcers say only three losses in the last 58 games. I know GSU and Richmond, who is the third team to win at the rock?

Mcneese

appstate38
I'll take the points.... don't like FG's when we should get TD's, not against this team

Nebuta
Nice stop Nova. Great job by the DB tracking Moore down and saving the TD. That was big.

Jackman
December 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Nova's defense is really hanging on by a thread. They need a new plan, or they're going to have to score a whole bunch of points.

paward
December 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Mcneese

Thank you that is one impressive stat. I have always said walking up to that stadium is intimidating enough. To walk up there in the snow is just plain sinful!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Nova's defense is really hanging on by a thread. They need a new plan, or they're going to have to score a whole bunch of points.

This is one of the few times when an offense is better going east and west. App State should be able to break containment all day imo. Running straight ahead against 'Nova will not be easy.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Gotta get a fushigyi

Mr. C
December 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Here is the College Sporting News blog on the game from Boone:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?128-Villanova-at-Appalachian-State&bt=811

Mntneer
December 11th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Not very impressed with Novas running game, but their QB is getting nice protection on the pass.

paward
December 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
WOW

charliej
WHAT A CATCH!!!!! TD Nova!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Nova!! great catch by White!

cowboy91
Norman, Norman, Norman, Norman.

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
BANG!! TD Nova.. Great play by the WR to stay with it.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
That was a pretty sick catch.

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Nice job Nova. Who needs a running game, when you got a secondary to expose.

VUCats02
I'm gonna throw this one out there right now. Matt Szczur will have a touchdown pass in this game. He has a 100% completion percentage this year of 3 for 3! App will be so worried about his running game, he will find a man wide open down field.

^^^^^^^^^^Posted a couple days ago

BOO YA!!!!!!!!!

charliej
Szczur has one rushing & one passing TD so far...will have one receiving too before it's over I'm betting.

UNH Fanboi
December 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Neither team playing very well on defense. Pretty much the opposite of last night's game. Could be a last team to get the ball wins type of game.

appstate38
December 11th, 2010, 11:46 AM
1st quarter down... Pretty much what I expected.. Two heavy weights throwing punches.

glsjunior
You can't say NCAA without the CAA!xhurrayx

paward
That was a pretty sick catch.

I wonder what the other nine plays of the day will be?

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Fox' one handed catch last night was SC #1 play today..White could make that list too.

JohnStOnge
December 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Neither team playing very well on defense. Pretty much the opposite of last night's game. Could be a last team to get the ball wins type of game.

I realize it's early but I think Villanova's offense looks more consistent. Right now I'd have to say I think Villanova is going to win. Hope not because I"m pulling for App State. But right now the signs don't look good to me. Villanova looks better at the line of scrimmage.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Still don't feel good about this game at all though. The defense once again has played poor early.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Big stop by the 'Nova D. They should get good field position. App State needs a stop.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Some really suspect play calling by the offense. Scheming is one thing. Over-scheming is another.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Still don't feel good about this game at all though. The defense once again has played poor early.

Either team that feels good about this game this early on (regardless of score) is doing themselves a severe injustice.

Professor
December 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
ASU always finds a way. If Nova can get up a few scores, then it might be time to panic

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:53 AM
App State better not let 'Nova score a TD on this drive.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 11:54 AM
App State is in serious trouble.

What a game by Sczur!!

charliej
TD Nova!... clickin now.

cowboy91
Yeah, Villanova is really terrible.

Nebuta
TD Nova. What is up with App State secondary? Someone injuried?

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cesar has thrown for a TD, caught a TD, and rushed for a TD.

UNH Fanboi
December 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Will Sczcur return a kickoff to complete the cycle?

glsjunior
December 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
App State is in serious trouble.

What a game by Sczur!!

All Hail Sczur!

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah, Villanova is really terrible.

Yeah, don't go to sleep on ASU either. This game is far from over.

turn1979
December 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Its quiet at the rock.

Jackman
December 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Too easy with that coverage. App needs to overplay the pass.

cowboy91
Yeah, don't go to sleep on ASU either. This game is far from over.

Very true.

UNH Fanboi
ASU has the weapons on offense to get back in this, but can they stop the Nova O?

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Off topic, but, Fanboi, how do you like Devlin now?

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
App St needs a TD here.

UNH Fanboi
December 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Off topic, but, Fanboi, how do you like Devlin now?

When did I not like Devlin?

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 12:02 PM
big stop on 4th down by Nova

Go Lehigh TU owl
Huge stop by the 'Nova D. I have no clue what App State is doing on offense.

cowboy91
stuffed!

Nebuta
December 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Big stop there Nova.

cowboy91
Huge stop by the 'Nova D. I have no clue what App State is doing on offense.

Nova looks more physical on both sides of the ball. The CAA style, you know.

Ud1Hens
Nova scores here some of the hill people might start drinking the moonshine.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I will never understand that play. Shotgun snap with a handoff to an undisguised RB. It's been in ASU's playbook for far too long

Jackman
Nova is getting more out of their opportunities than App. App D needs to stop this next drive.

Ud1Hens
I will never understand that play. Shotgun snap with a handoff to an undisguised RB. It's been in ASU's playbook for far too long

UD has that one too...and I hate it in 4th and short

Mntneer
December 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Agreed. I won't disagree with the call, but the play was too predictable.

Rob Iola
Nova scores here some of the hill people might start drinking the moonshine.

Start?

Go Lehigh TU owl
Nova looks more physical on both sides of the ball. The CAA style, you know.

But App State has the speed to run laterally. Like i said earlier, this is one of those games where running east and west is an advantage.

Banks!!!
December 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
1. Villanova came to play.
2. This is just some CRAP play calling by App. They've put 8 in the box all day and you do an inside handoff up the middle on 4th and 1? I don't care how balanced you WANT to be, call some plays to win the game already.

Mntneer
December 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
That ball hit the turf no question.

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Will Sczcur return a kickoff to complete the cycle?

He's out there for punt returns.

Jackman
December 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
MoVa refs helping Nova a bit there. Could have easily called it the other way.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
App State needs a turnover. They might be down 35-10 before they really have a chance to respond.

cowboy91
WHOOOOOOO. The rout is on?!

Go Lehigh TU owl
This is a joke. App State has no answers.

Why do the PL teams always have to face the CAA teams!!

turn1979
December 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Szczur 28 ASU 10

If this continues I'll be switching to MASN at 2pm to watch the Ga Southern game.

UNH Fanboi
Szczur putting on a display for the NFL scouts.

R3TRO
This is ugly.

charliej
TD Nova... 28 10

soccerguy315
good run by #4... I still think he got majorly gipped out of the Payton last year.

ATX_EWUGrad
WOW!!! Is App St going to get rolled here today? It's still VERY early but not looking good for them.

cowboy91
And to think, Villanova was the 3rd or 4th best CAA team.

JMU2004
CAA clinic.

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:14 PM
This is ugly.

Not if you're a CAA fan.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 12:14 PM
As a Temple guy i will be very happy to see Szczur gone!!

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:15 PM

BS. YOur main guy didn't play for 7 games.

Jackman
December 11th, 2010, 12:15 PM
App can get back in this. We've seen them break big plays.

Candor
December 11th, 2010, 12:16 PM
didn't Georgia Southern beat William & Mary?

Villanova is kicking butt not the CAA

cowboy91
I root for Delaware, not Villanova.

http://images.ecampus.com/images/d/1/226/9780060521226.jpg

Banks!!!
Well, it has become misson: get a score on the board before halftime. No momentum for ASU at The Rock at all right now.

cowboy91
W&M were frauds, though.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Pressley needs to use hie skills. Roll out and make them choose

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Nova has had 2 sustained, good drives but ultimately this has come down to 3 big plays by Nova and a seriesnof poor play calls by ASU.

Nova - Devon Moore's force out at the 5. Sczcer's Trick play Pass TD. Nova's stop on 4th down. These 3 really took the wind out of the ASU crowd.

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cesar will hopefully return a punt for a touchdown next. Or a kickoff.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Punter may have just saved another TD for us

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 12:21 PM
ASU opted for first pos. 'Nova will get the ball to start 2nd half too.

DJKyR0
December 11th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Sczcur is unreal. Wow.

B&G
December 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I think these playoffs are proving that there was no dominant team in FCS this season.

Frosty The Snowbuff
Its not just Szczur....It's that giant O-Line pushing around ASU's smaller D-Line...

cowboy91
Backhair sighting in Boone.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Only in Boone!! that was distrurbing!!

KiddBrewer
Appalachian fans, I hope you haven't conceded.....I'm sitting at the 45, and I'll be damned if I'm counting us out already!

cowboy91
I think it's time to face facts. App State is SOFT.

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Only in Boone!! that was distrurbing!!

No...Pretty sure I saw similar in Newark last night :)

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Sczcur is unreal. Wow.

HE is but the love from the announcers is nauseating

cowboy91
Poor Dave Coulson

superman7515
As a Temple guy i will be very happy to see Szczur gone!!

I'll just be glad when people stop pronouncing it Caesar.

hawkineer
December 11th, 2010, 12:25 PM
It appears that a healthy Villanova is the best team in the CAA.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Big stop by App State. They need to score before half!

charliej
Good stand by ASU

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Let me know when they adjust wins and losses based on team health. Otherwise Delaware should get 2005 and 2006 back.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Thats at least the 3rd obvious missed holding call I've seen. Nova's O-Line is too good for the zebra's to be giving them a free pass to grab jerseys from behind.

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Thats at least the 3rd obvious missed holding call I've seen. Nova's O-Line is too good for the zebra's to be giving them a free pass to grab jerseys from behind.

You got bigger problems than a holding call...but yeah they have missed a call here or there...

BTW the SoCon refs for the UD game were decent last night

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I think it's time to face facts. App State is SOFT.

I really hope you just cursed your team. Pride before a fall, my friend.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
That draw isn't working. D has clogged that up

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
ASU can get back in the game here with some points

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Why doesn't App State try some speed options? A pitch out?

'Nova's D is way too good to try what they're doing.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Play calling is awful

cowboy91
I really hope you just cursed your team. Pride before a fall, my friend.

Facts are facts. The defensive front is small and soft.

How about the weeks/months/years of App State fans talking?

Oh, and those 3 straight titles aren't going to help you today, someone should tell the color guy.

Banks!!!
DP way off his game today. No explosiveness when the run is called, nowhere near his receivers. The ASU coaching staff really needs to help him and the O out here.

AlphaSigMD
Missed opportunity. Why try to swallow the whole cake. We need to eat this piece by piece.

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Why do they keep throwing deep on 3rd and short?

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
not sure why Nova dropped back to pass there... getting greedy, hope it didn't cost them their QB

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
This has nothing to do with the titles. ASU has played below average today. Nova has played very well. Believe ASU will play much better in the second half and prove that your disrespect is unfounded.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Good Lord was a first half assbeating. Villanova dominated, but ASU's playcalling isn't helping either.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
It's a good damn thing the first HALF is just that, HALF the game. There's no way in hell we play the same in the second. Atleast I hope not.

Banks!!!
December 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Facts are facts. The defensive front is small and soft.

How about the weeks/months/years of App State fans talking?

Oh, and those 3 straight titles aren't going to help you today, someone should tell the color guy.
Borderline trollish garbage here. A winning program breeds proud fans - we'll be talking after this game win or lose, talking next season, and so on. You don't think 3 National Titles helps overcome adversity? Some of the same guys are on the field from the last one.

Good Lord was a first half assbeating. Villanova dominated, but ASU's playcalling isn't helping either.
Yep, all there is to it. One O is clicking, the other one has no idea what to do since the first two series. Great adjustments by the Villanova defensive staff during/after the 1st quarter, and so far ASU hasn't had anything to counter. Hope the halftime speech is good, otherwise we'll be toasting the end to a fine 2010 season this afternoon.

LehighFan11
December 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Not the start I expected. App St has to dig deep at half and make this a game. Presley is rattled, throwing deep on 3rd and 4th down there was not smart. There was alot of talk about Nova's big OL and they are whipping App St's DL right now. Szczur is having a great game thanks to the OL. I expect App to make this a game, but you can't go down 3 scores to one of the best teams and come back easily. Unless you have Cam Newton of course.

AAadict
December 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
When Villanova finishes out this mud stomping beat down of ASU does anyone know if they are home at VU next week?

R3TRO
December 11th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Not if you're a CAA fan.

I think its clear that I am. This was more of a stab at the App State arrogance.

RookieWill
December 11th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I remember a game in 1997 when Villanova was #1 ranked and took a 21-0 lead into the half against Youngstown State. The Penguins ended up winning that game - plus, who knows if Whitney even plays the second half

larssc
December 11th, 2010, 12:41 PM
W&M were frauds, though.
I know. They beat Delaware, NH, and Villanova accidently.

Banks!!!
IF Villanova finishes out this mud stomping beat down of ASU does anyone know if they are home at VU next week?
Fixed that for you. And I'm pretty sure they'd be on the road of EWU wins, not sure about the North Dakota State seeding.

RookieWill
When Villanova finishes out this mud stomping beat down of ASU does anyone know if they are home at VU next week?Unlikely, as Eastern Washington is "seeded" and would be guaranteed to host. If EWU loses, then it is about the "bid" and not sure VU would be outbidding anyone.

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
When Villanova finishes out this mud stomping beat down of ASU does anyone know if they are home at VU next week?

if Nova wins and gets a seeded team next week (the 5?) then I think the game would be @#5... if no seeded teams are left then it should be highest bidder?

UNH Fanboi

If EWU wins, no cause EWU has a seed. If NDSU wins, probably not cause NDSU has great attendance.

cowboy91
I know. They beat Delaware, NH, and Villanova accidently.

Who does W&M play today?

You think if W&M and Delaware played again the result would be the same? We'll never find out. Good job guys.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM

EWU wins they will be at home since they are a seed, NDSU wins then they are at home since nobody at Nova cares about football.
Assuming Nova hangs on.

cowboy91
Borderline trollish garbage here. A winning program breeds proud fans - we'll be talking after this game win or lose, talking next season, and so on. You don't think 3 National Titles helps overcome adversity? Some of the same guys are on the field from the last one.

So it's trollish to comment on ASU's arrogance?

charliej

EW is a seed, would expect NDSU had a larger bid....so I would doubt it.

Too early to start talking about NEXT week yet.... except for UD fans.;)

gasoutherneagle
December 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Good lord!!! It's halftime and you little bi--hes are just laying down and taking it!?!? IT'S TIME TO GET MEAN! IT'S TIME TO GET NASTY! IT'S TIME TO EAT RAW MEAT! Dig deep. (...and only lose by a couple of points so we ain't gotta play you twice if we get to Texas).

jmufan
December 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
'Nova shouldn't sleep on ASU in the second half, they have been known to come back in these types of games. 'Nova should not let up at all in the second half. I think 'Nova needs to score at least two more times to seal the deal.

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
EWU wins they will be at home since they are a seed, NDSU wins then they are at home since nobody at Nova cares about football.
Assuming Nova hangs on.

Nobody? Few maybe, but wouldn't say nobody

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Okay, 1700 of you care about football at Villanova. Not including player families.

AppMAN04
December 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
This game is far from over guys! Moore is a mastermind of coming out in the second half when being down.. Ask UTC... anyways we will adjust and this game will get interesting very fast.. GOOOOOOO AppALACHIAN!!!

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
don't know why ASU took 2 shots at the end zone there at the end of the half on 3rd/4th and less than 5... there was plenty of time to get a first down and keep driving. ASU will need some smarter play calling and definitely better execution in the 2nd half. They also really need to keep Villanova off the scoreboard on the opening drive here.

Banks!!!
December 11th, 2010, 12:50 PM
So it's trollish to comment on ASU's arrogance?
Ok, I'll let you have it..."talking" when you're on top of the FCS and expect to play well and be in a position to win every game = arrogance. "Talking" when you're on the outside looking in = "spirit."

We'll go with that.

They also really need to keep Villanova off the scoreboard on the opening drive here.
Yes indeed...critical point of the game right here. Right now Villanova is coming out of the locker room holding nails for the coffin IMO. The first drive of the second half will be what they do with those.

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
This game is far from over guys! Moore is a mastermind of coming out in the second half when being down.. Ask UTC... anyways we will adjust and this game will get interesting very fast.. GOOOOOOO AppALACHIAN!!!

Nova is not Chatty

cowboy91
Well right now you're not even on top of Villanova, much less the FCS.

boonegoon
don't know why ASU took 2 shots at the end zone there at the end of the half on 3rd/4th and less than 5... there was plenty of time to get a first down and keep driving. ASU will need some smarter play calling and definitely better execution in the 2nd half. They also really need to keep Villanova off the scoreboard on the opening drive here.

I 100 % agree. We had 2 minutes and half the field. They don't make a 17 point score if you heave it doen into coverage.

UNH Fanboi
I hope Nova doesn't just try to run down the clock. They need to keep mixing it up and put more points on the board. ASU is capable of scoring very quickly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
App State needs to try to get to the boundaries if they're going to win. There's no way they're going to run up the middle or pass their way back in this game imo.

Mr. C
December 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Poor Dave Coulson
Why is that? Dave Coulson lives in Philly.

AppMAN04
December 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Nova is not Chatty

Agree! But we are ASU and we are known to make miracles happen.....

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cowboy:
You weren't commenting on ASU's arrogance. To do so would look something like "Wow, those ASU fans sure have been annoying all season."

Going around stating your borderline trollish opinions as "facts" is nothing more than envy at the program ASU has become over the years. Even a Nova win today won't change that ASU is a fine program with fantastic football team.

As far as your being stuck on the 3 titles. You want 3 titles, go and get them. If you win this game, I will tip my hat to you and wish Nova well on their way to getting there.

Banks!!!
December 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Well right now you're not even on top of Villanova, much less the FCS.
Not as far as the current score goes, but there's still a "#1" beside Appalachian State on the graphic I'm seeing on the TV. Your point's been made, disrespect and all. It's all good.

Off to watch the 2nd half - go Apps.

stevdock
December 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
If Nova scores here is it over??

Ud1Hens
Agree! But we are ASU and we are known to make miracles happen.....

Yes you do, I agree there

Twentysix
Is attendance even at 20k? You can fit like 29 right?

The TV shots make it look like almost half your stadium is empty. Usually TV does a good job at making stadium look more full than it is.

superman7515
December 11th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Uh oh. Has Nova come out conservative in the 2nd half?

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
good start

cowboy91
December 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Why do you have such an issue with the fact that, in this game, App State is soft? Would you rather have me just say that in this game Villanova is more physical? I'm watching the game and was commenting on the ANNOUNCER on ESPN constantly bringing up the 3 straight national titles and how it would help them in this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
3 and out for App State. The number of possessions are starting to shrink....

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Is attendance even at 20k? You can fit like 29 right?

The TV shots make it look like almost half your stadium is empty. Usually TV does a good job at making stadium look more full than it is.

Probably not. Official capacity is 21k. Bet there aren't 14000 there.

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Cowboy:
You weren't commenting on ASU's arrogance. To do so would look something like "Wow, those ASU fans sure have been annoying all season."

Going around stating your borderline trollish opinions as "facts" is nothing more than envy at the program ASU has become over the years. Even a Nova win today won't change that ASU is a fine program with fantastic football team.

As far as your being stuck on the 3 titles. You want 3 titles, go and get them. If you win this game, I will tip my hat to you and wish Nova well on their way to getting there.

FWIW...cowboy91 is a UD guy. Not much love for Nova there either.

mtbigdog
December 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Any idea why stadium isn't packed?

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:06 PM

One good reason is that it's on TV

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
What is up with DP?

turn1979

Same as last night:

TV
Weather
Economy

cowboy91
FWIW...cowboy91 is a UD guy. Not much love for Nova there either.

Not much love but I do respect both teams here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
As long as 'Nova doesn't screw up this game is over.

RookieWill
December 11th, 2010, 01:14 PM
that was a clean block

Twentysix
Lol asu has some classy fans "break his legs"
I prefer rip his fxcking head off.

soccerguy315
some guys on the ASU defense celebrating a lot when they make a play, considering the score

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM

yes I heard that too, haha

RookieWill

I thought I imagined hearing that, I guess not. Fans like that everywhere, though

boonegoon
some guys on the ASU defense celebrating a lot when they make a play, considering the score

Well, at least the D has shown up for the second half.

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Well, at least the D has shown up for the second half.

true. might be the fire they need to get back into the game, with the offense driving now.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Here we go!

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Appy!! Interested to see how 'Nova responds.

cowboy91
Not out of it yet.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
true. might be the fire they need to get back into the game, with the offense driving now.

I know what you are saying. I hate to see that stuff but sometimes all it takes is a spark...

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Unfortunate call

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
two down territory. App State needs to come up with a stop.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM
'Nova OL just blowing App state off the ball. This is a statement drive.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM
They love that left side

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Great effort by Szczur! Not sure you can over turn it.

I'd love the leftside too if Ijalana was there.

boonegoon
December 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I don't think it was a touchdown but if you are going to have replay you need more cameras. Period

charliej
December 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Wow...lucky that.

Nova58
December 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Great call.

Guess
This is the the worst booth review crew I have ever seen.

charliej
I don't think it was a touchdown but if you are going to have replay you need more cameras. Period

Agreed...a goal line camera might have overturned that one

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I don't think his knee ever touched. To me the question was if his butt hit down before the ball was extended.