PDA

View Full Version : MEAC-SWAC Challenge Set

TexasTerror
December 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
MEAC-SWAC Challenge set...

The 2011 MEAC/SWAC Challenge Presented by Disney will feature Bethune-Cookman of the MEAC against Prairie View A&M of the SWAC Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011 at Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium in Orlando, Fla. The yearly event, which features teams from two prominent Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) leagues, will be aired on an ESPN network, which will be announced, along with a kickoff time, at a later date.

The seventh annual MEAC/SWAC Challenge will be the first meeting between Bethune-Cookman and Prairie View A&M, and also the first time the programs will be participating in the event. Bethune-Cookman is having one of its most successful years as the Wildcats are 10-1 and headed to the NCAA FCS Playoffs Saturday, Dec. 4. Prairie View A&M finished the year with a 7-4 record.

Each year, the game pits a MEAC team against a SWAC opponent at a neutral site located within the footprint of one of the conferences. Several additional events will take place around the game, including a high school career panel and the halftime Battle of the Bands.

http://www.meacswacchallenge.com/release120110.php

3rd Coast Tiger
December 2nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Good luck Panthers! Who Ya Rootin' For!!!???

TexasTerror
December 2nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Good luck Panthers! Who Ya Rootin' For!!!???

3rd Coast -

When will the LDC be? With both teams doing so well nowadays, it'd be great to see this game towards the end of the season. If anything, based on the results of that program in Baton Rouge, this game may carry significantly more weight than that one in New Orleans on Thanksgiving Saturday

Panther88
December 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
I don't like this. :( What's the payday? I haven't heard exact #s yet. :(

DSUrocks07
December 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
FAMU is going to be pissed xwhistlex

Big Dawg
December 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM

BCU can do whatever they want

Humble Steward
December 2nd, 2010, 05:47 PM

I don't think so. We are two independent schools. Time for B-CU to grow.

DSUrocks07
December 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
I don't think so. We are two independent schools. Time for B-CU to grow.

I agree with you. BCU needs to do what they feel is best for them...I'm just saying that FAMU has to feel like a "jilted lover" in this situation. Especially after the big stink that was raised originally when it was moved to the Citrus Bowl.

Humble Steward
December 2nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
I agree with you. BCU needs to do what they feel is best for them...I'm just saying that FAMU has to feel like a "jilted lover" in this situation. Especially after the big stink that was raised originally when it was moved to the Citrus Bowl.

I know that we were originally against ever playing in this game, but I'm glad that they changed their mind. This game will not impact the Florida Classic and only brings more exposure to our program. I am so excited at the direction that we are taking with our program. I can't wait until Brian Jenkins and his staff gets to recruit for next season. This is only the beginning. There is something special going on in Daytona Beach these days and the entire University and Alumnist are supporting this team.