PDA

View Full Version : Barr, Moses, Presley Invited to Payton Ceremony

smallcollegefbfan
December 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM
Barr, Moses, Presley invited to Payton announcement

By Craig Haley, FCS Executive Director

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Three outstanding quarterbacks who hope to cap their seasons in the NCAA Division I Championship Game next month already know they will make the trip to Frisco, Texas, for the announcement of the Walter Payton Award.

Matt Barr of Western Illinois, Jeremy Moses of Stephen F. Austin and DeAndre Presley of Appalachian State have been invited to the 24th Annual Football Championship Subdivision Awards Presentation on the evening of Thursday, Jan. 6. The Sports Network presents and Fathead.com sponsors the Walter Payton Award that is bestowed on the outstanding player in the FCS.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4360628

Jack99
December 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
Moses wins. Maybe a homer pick

GeauxLions94
December 1st, 2010, 11:38 AM

Nah! ... Not a homer pick. xshhhx

Three pretty good picks IMO, though I thought Taiwan Jones (Eastern Washington) might be in top three instead of Barr.

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Two of the 3 will be playing at The Rock this saturday and the 3rd might possibly be playing there the following week. Pretty good QBs in that bracket!

Edge316007
December 1st, 2010, 01:06 PM

Going by numbers he should win easily

asknoquarter21
December 1st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Moses
Pressley
Barr

A case could be made for Pressley, but I would be suprised if he won.

soccerguy315
December 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
"This is a huge honor, an honor that I'm very proud of. I could not have done it without my talents, my coaches and the whole football department. I just can't wait to get down there and see who wins."

lol

PhoenixMan
December 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
A case could be made for all 3 to win it. Outstanding numbers. I think Moses wins it, but part of his numbers are due to throwing it 500 times. That's 100 more attempts than Scott Riddle, and I thought the Phoenix threw it a lot. Must be working well for SFA.
Just for the record (not saying he should be invited)
Riddle
3,231 yds
28 TDs to only 6 picks
68% completion percentage
QB efficiency rating: 154.5

Of course, the other 3 guys are in the playoffs xbawlingxxbawlingx

udchuck
December 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Matt Barr--- Should win this years Payton award,

Att. Comp. Yards TD INT Carries Yds TDs Avg Result
1 vs. Valparaiso 30 15 230 2 0 7 41 0 5.9 W 45-0
2 at Purdue 38 25 286 1 0 8 11 0 1.4 L 31-21
3 vs. Sam Houston St 26 12 221 3 0 7 125 1 17.9 W 56-14
4 vs. Indiana State 11 4 19 0 1 7 48 0 6.9 W 40-7
5 at North Dakota St 24 17 175 2 0 6 26 0 4.3 W 28-16
6 at South Dakota St 44 26 351 4 0 12 31 0 2.6 L 33-29
7 vs. Youngstown St 34 22 302 3 0 10 53 2 5.3 W 40-38
8 at Missouri State 30 21 402 2 2 10 23 1 2.3 L 31-28
9 vs. Illinois State 25 22 452 6 0 5 40 1 8 W 65-38
11 at Southern Ill 44 23 343 1 1 8 -60 0 -7.5 L 20-10
12 vs. Northern Iowa 23 16 298 2 1 10 69 0 6.9 W 30-14
13 at Coastal Carolina 29 13 233 0 2 8 45 0 5.6 W 17-10
14 at Appalachian State
Totals: 358 216 3312 26 7 98 452 5 4.6 8-4
QB Rating: 158.1
The Complete package

smallcollegefbfan
December 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Matt Barr--- Should win this years Payton award,

I would be shocked. There is not very good representation from that area. I would just about bet you Moses won this thing by a good margin. All the records he broke, awards won, and the fact Presley tapered off later in the year and Barr's area is not represented well enough in past year's voting to get him the award. Anyone but Moses winning would be a shock to me right now.

IMO, Barr is better but Moses will win. This Payton goes to Moses as a career achievement award more than likely.

If voters had voted based on the definition and not just a QB or RB Ijalana would have won by a decent margin. He was the best player in the nation this year.

The award is technically suppose to go to the best player in FCS and only goes to offensive players. It is just a travesty that an offensive lineman can't win the award or at least get legitimate consideration.

Jack99
December 1st, 2010, 04:01 PM
When did the voting close?

leatherneck177
December 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think Moses wins it. Although I believe he barely beats out Barr.

smallcollegefbfan
When did the voting close?

Last week.

BirdieJack
I would be shocked. There is not very good representation from that area. I would just about bet you Moses won this thing by a good margin. All the records he broke, awards won, and the fact Presley tapered off later in the year and Barr's area is not represented well enough in past year's voting to get him the award. I would be completely shocked if anyone but Moses won. I think Barr is better and should have won over Moses but Moses is going to win. I still say if the voters had voted based on the definition of the award and not limited it to just a QB or RB like most voters do that Ijalana would have won by a decent margin. He was the best player in the nation this year.

So please define "area"? You're saying that Barr is playing against lower competition in the MVFC(GPI #2) vs Moses in the Southland(GPI #4)? I would have to disagree. Now if there was a canidate from the CAA, I'll give you that.
IMO, Barr was the most impressive QB that SDSU faced this season and since moving up to FCS, hands down...and yes, that includes Nebraska's QB...and once talked about Heisman Canidate...Taylor Martinez...by a mile.

Go Jacks!!

smallcollegefbfan
December 1st, 2010, 04:17 PM
So please define "area"? You're saying that Barr is playing against lower competition in the MVFC(GPI #2) vs Moses in the Southland(GPI #4)? I would have to disagree. Now if there was a canidate from the CAA, I'll give you that.
IMO, Barr was the most impressive QB that SDSU faced this season and since moving up to FCS, hands down...and yes, that includes Nebraska's QB...and once talked about Heisman Canidate...Taylor Martinez...by a mile.

Go Jacks!!

No you misunderstood I'm talking about voter breakdown. Nobody from the MVFC has finished higher than third place and the way the voting patterns have been in years there is a very slim chance he wins it. Nothing to do with talent. Look at the Buchanan Award with Boomer Grigsby. He finished in the top 3 three times but could not get over the hump. The midwest just doesn't vote as strong as the east coast and west.

Hartwell won the Buchanan but that was a long time ago and there were less voters than we have now and everyone knew he was a definite NFL player who should have won it hands down. I think Presley is a dark horse candidate and this is Moses' to win, even though I don't think Moses should win it.

BirdieJack
December 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
No you misunderstood I'm talking about voter breakdown. Nobody from the MVFC has finished higher than third place and the way the voting patterns have been in years there is a very slim chance he wins it. Nothing to do with talent. Look at the Buchanan Award with Boomer Grigsby. He finished in the top 3 three times but could not get over the hump. The midwest just doesn't vote as strong as the east coast and west.

Hartwell won the Buchanan but that was a long time ago and there were less voters than we have now and everyone knew he was a definite NFL player who should have won it hands down. I think Presley is a dark horse candidate and this is Moses' to win, even though I don't think Moses should win it.

Gotcha...just gotten a little wary of the MVFC bashing lately(wether warranted or not) and combine that with a 5-6 record for SDSU and let's just say...I'm glad basketball is here.xpeacex

Go Jacks!!

AppMAN04
December 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
A case could be made for all 3 to win it. Outstanding numbers. I think Moses wins it, but part of his numbers are due to throwing it 500 times. That's 100 more attempts than Scott Riddle, and I thought the Phoenix threw it a lot. Must be working well for SFA.
Just for the record (not saying he should be invited)
Riddle
3,231 yds
28 TDs to only 6 picks
68% completion percentage
QB efficiency rating: 154.5

Of course, the other 3 guys are in the playoffs xbawlingxxbawlingx

I thought that Elon threw alot also!!

Yeah I think Moses will win. It would have been awesome to see DP take it and 3 yrs in a row for a mountaineer, but he is second then Barr..