PDA

View Full Version : what happens when a team double books?

dungeonjoe
February 17th, 2006, 04:50 PM
ya'll might have talked about this, but it looks like SC State has double booked Coastal and Wofford on September 23rd. What happens next?

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2006, 04:51 PM
They need to help one of those schools find an opponent...

CCU needs that SCSU game...

Coastal89
February 17th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Move the SCSU Wofford game to 9/2, both have that day open.

DaGriz
February 17th, 2006, 05:35 PM
If they win both games they'll get first place votes in my poll.

Go...gate
February 17th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Glad that you have returned.

dungeonjoe
February 17th, 2006, 06:34 PM

win both on the same day they are my new #1

eaglesrthe1
February 17th, 2006, 06:44 PM
The AD must be a DA.

TxSt02
February 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM

harvard will oddly still get one first place vote though...

WUTNDITWAA
February 18th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I didn't think split squad games counted in the standings. :D

Welcome to spring training everyone.

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM
There was that school in what was it, Minnesota that played two games in one day, one home, one road and won both...

wannabegaucho
February 18th, 2006, 09:56 AM
They were an NAIA team, Northwestern College.

Here is the story (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2005-01-24-northwestern_x.htm)

LBPop
February 18th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Wasn't there a D-III school who played two games in one day last year? xidiotx

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Wasn't there a D-III school who played two games in one day last year? xidiotx

They're fixing to become a Div III school...

"It's nonetheless quite a novelty. Northwestern, moving from NAIA to NCAA Division III after next season, will play Trinity Bible (N.D.) at home in St. Paul at 1 p.m. CT and then drive about 5 miles to play Macalester, also in St. Paul, at 7 CT. Hill says a call to the NCAA and other research produced nothing similar, at least in modern football. The NCAA also told him there's no rule against it."

blackfordpu
February 18th, 2006, 02:53 PM
A double header of I-AA football would be awsome, for the fans! :nod:

SoCon48
February 19th, 2006, 07:30 PM

xlolx :nod:

Post of the day, Griz.

JoshUCA
February 20th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Something like this happend to UCA recently...we had UAPB in a contract to play two games (i think) in Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium for the "Capital City Classic." After the first year the game was played (in which we killed UAPB) the next year they said that they made an accident and scheduled another game on that day! Normally in that situation UAPB would have to buy out of their contract (I can't remember the exact amount but it was not chump change), instead UCA's president did not make them pay because he did not want any hard feelings between the universities...Needless to say, I don't think we will be scheduling UAPB anytime in the near future!

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2006, 11:01 AM
A double header of I-AA football would be awsome, for the fans! :nod:

They've tried doing this in Shreveport...

NW St, McNeese, Southern and Grambling...a doubleheader featuring SLC vs SWAC schools...

tsutiger
February 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Something like this happend to UCA recently...we had UAPB in a contract to play two games (i think) in Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium for the "Capital City Classic." After the first year the game was played (in which we killed UAPB) the next year they said that they made an accident and scheduled another game on that day! Normally in that situation UAPB would have to buy out of their contract (I can't remember the exact amount but it was not chump change), instead UCA's president did not make them pay because he did not want any hard feelings between the universities...Needless to say, I don't think we will be scheduling UAPB anytime in the near future!

Josh,

If my memory serves me correct, Pine Bluff had to cancel the game for two reasons. 1. An NCAA rule that says you can't play a D2 team twice within one year. i.e. if you play a D2 on Sept 2, 2005 you can't play that same D2 in 2006 until Sept 3rd or later. & 2. The SWAC issued a 9 game mandate. That is why there wasn't a penalty.

walliver
February 20th, 2006, 01:09 PM
1. An NCAA rule that says you can't play a D2 team twice within one year. i.e. if you play a D2 on Sept 2, 2005 you can't play that same D2 in 2006 until Sept 3rd or later

I am not aware of that rule. I know a number of I-AA teams play D-II schools year after year, I am not aware of them having to schedule games later and later each year. Is this a new rule? or an old rule which no longer exists?