PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Lehigh

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Lehigh came to play yesterday and did what they needed to in order to get the W.

On the downside, Lehigh joins Richmond on my list of "fanbases that are no fun", as no one wanted to get together for food and drinks around town this weekend.

Met some great Lehigh fans at the game and had some great conversations with some of the players parents. xsmileyclapx

Big Al
November 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
On the downside, Lehigh joins Richmond on my list of "fanbases that are no fun", as no one wanted to get together for food and drinks around town this weekend.

To be fair, I was surprised at the number of Pennsylvania license plates I saw! They probably drove out just in time for the game and then turned around and drove right back.

ngineer
November 28th, 2010, 07:27 PM
You are correct, plus at group had flown out and had tickets back early evening, so no real time to hang. Maybe we can do it again soon, but at Goodman!

TwoFeathers
November 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
To be fair, I was surprised at the number of Pennsylvania license plates I saw! They probably drove out just in time for the game and then turned around and drove right back.

DROVE out there??? Wow, devoted fans!

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
How long a haul is that?? Bethlehem to Cedar Rapids - time wise??

TwoFeathers
November 28th, 2010, 07:37 PM
How long a haul is that?? Bethlehem to Cedar Rapids - time wise??

16 hours.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I have always been impressed by the devotion of Lehigh's fans. If they were an FBS school, I have little doubt that the Engineers would be defined as a school that "travels well".

ngineer
November 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM
While small, we've had a rabid fan base for a long time. Alums in far flown areas show up whenever the Brown and White appear within a couple hours drive, and we frequently have 1 or two buses of fans who travel to almost all away games. We had a couple hundred in stands at Drake back in September. I would expect about 4,000 "Brown Bloods" at the TUB.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM
While small, we've had a rabid fan base for a long time. Alums in far flown areas show up whenever the Brown and White appear within a couple hours drive, and we frequently have 1 or two buses of fans who travel to almost all away games. We had a couple hundred in stands at Drake back in September. I would expect about 4,000 "Brown Bloods" at the TUB.

Why is everyone suddenly capitalizing Tub? It isn't an acronym.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2010, 10:25 PM
DROVE out there??? Wow, devoted fans!

try driving from southern maine...twice

danefan
November 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Just got back from a nice long weekend on a ranch in North Texas without much internet service. Congrats to Lehigh for a great win on the road in the playoffs. Good to see a mid-level team get out with a win this year.