PDA

View Full Version : Attention Jacksonville State

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Don't pay attention to Wofford's passing game. It's harmless. Stay in zone. Bersin is slow and only blocks and the only reason he plays wide receiver and not tight end is because we need someone to throw out there to call a wide receiver. We only passed for so many yardage against Chattanooga because they are so bad pass-efficiency-wise on defense not because we are #2 in pass efficiency offense. After all, good coaches don't learn from 30 point loss experiences and change play-calling to prevent such games in the future. No sir they just don't. Nothing to see here just clog the middle so EB can't run through and load the box real good ok? xshhhxxcoffeex

JaxSinfonian
November 28th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Please. One fan's intransigence on a pointless point in a thread on your board is not worth bringing up here. He's the only one banging that drum, and it's because you guys keep handing him the stick.

But, don't worry. If we get any sort of lead in the game at all, our staff will likely take your advice and play a very soft zone. It won't be because no one respects Bersin. It'll be because that's what we always do. Every time. Gotta keep it all in front of you, y'know? Just prevent anyone making off for the end zone on one big play. Never mind the repeated catches for medium yardage. A team would have to do that half-a-dozen times successfully to sco-- uh oh.

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Nothing to see here just clog the middle so EB can't run through

Yup. Do this and you advance. Pretty simple, really. Just watch the App - Wofford tape.

TTUEagles
November 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
There's a lot of sandbagging going on here...

JSU02
November 28th, 2010, 09:26 AM
There's a lot of sandbagging going on here...

Its either sandbagging or tea bagging, your choicexlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 28th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Maybe the App. folks would disagree, but I happen the think Wofford's offense is really dangerous. They were really the only team to really move the ball against GSU with relative ease. Chatty got help from 85 yards of GSU penalties and Furman had two easy scores set up by GSU turnovers.

gsu_paintballer
November 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Wofford runs a high school offense, so they're no good anyways. I mean, they only beat GSU by a small margin, and we run a high school offense.

No way they survive

/sarcasm if I need that here.

GATA
November 28th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Wofford is no good. Easy win for Jax St.

Redhawk2010
November 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
JSU either wins this in a blowout or loses. We all know Wofford is not up to par with SEMO and JSU can't win games within 30 points against bad teams all of the sudden.. ;) ;) ;)

Gamecocks99
November 29th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Jax State wins by 6 points. You read it here first !

GaSouthern
December 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Defending the triple option is easy, just stick fat guys in the middle and stop the dive play and you will win. :)

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'll pick JSU in a squeaker.xnodx

JSU85GRAD
December 1st, 2010, 09:07 PM
Actually this has the potential to be one of the better match ups this weekend. Either of these teams could win and both have had their ups and downs this year. Not sure about the other games as I believe that are some major mismatches this weekend and some teams will win easily. Looking forward to this game and the Nova vs. SFA game.

gasoutherneagle
December 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM
The pitch is a joke... It's just a pick-six going the other way every time. Option is just 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Jax State has nothing to worry about.

JSU85GRAD
December 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM
neither does William and Mary as you will soon find out......

gasoutherneagle
December 1st, 2010, 10:11 PM
neither does William and Mary as you will soon find out......

'Cause, y'all were so successful when you faced it at Ga Tech right?

JSU85GRAD
December 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
What does Ga Tech have to do with the ability of JSU or W&M defending the TO that Wofford and GSU run????? Just saying that W&M has just as much to be worried about as JSU; or that GSU has just as much to worry about as Wofford. It seems that is your take......as I said we will soon find out.

JaxSinfonian
December 2nd, 2010, 08:17 AM
'Cause, y'all were so successful when you faced it at Ga Tech right?

Had no trouble with it at Nicholls State a couple weeks later. I'll assume Wofford and the Eagles run the option at a level of proficiency somewhere between Nicholls and GT. The teams win or lose the games, not the schemes.

OLDMAIN80
December 2nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Had no trouble with it at Nicholls State a couple weeks later. I'll assume Wofford and the Eagles run the option at a level of proficiency somewhere between Nicholls and GT. The teams win or lose the games, not the schemes.

Great pointxbowx, Wofford by 21xthumbsupx.

Cocky
December 2nd, 2010, 09:35 AM
I thought we had a chance but after reading this thread I think we will be lucky to stay within 21 of the Woffrd machine.

gasoutherneagle
December 2nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
What does Ga Tech have to do with the ability of JSU or W&M defending the TO that Wofford and GSU run????? Just saying that W&M has just as much to be worried about as JSU; or that GSU has just as much to worry about as Wofford. It seems that is your take......as I said we will soon find out.

First and foremost: Georgia Tech runs the GEORGIA SOUTHERN triple option, not the other way around. PJ built that playbook in Statesboro and Monken brought it back.
Second: On both threads, W&M and Jax St fans seem to think Wofford and GSU are running some gimmick or unproven offensive scheme that you seem to have the magic key to stop. So like some of the other Eagle posters on this thread, I was being thinly veiled sarcastic.
Third: Quite frankly, I think this could be the best match-up this week. But, don't under estimate the power of the triple option: RUN WELL (Nicholls St. ...yeah... not so much). Wofford runs it pretty darn well. Terriers by 14.

gasoutherneagle
December 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
I thought we had a chance but after reading this thread I think we will be lucky to stay within 21 of the Woffrd machine.

COCKY... haha. Been a long time. Hows kicks?

JaxSinfonian
December 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Second: On both threads, W&M and Jax St fans seem to think Wofford and GSU are running some gimmick or unproven offensive scheme that you seem to have the magic key to stop.

I don't see any evidence in this thread that JSU fans are dismissing the TO. I defy you to find a Jax State fan who currently believes our defense has a magic key to anything. At this point, I'm just hoping they have the key to their equipment locker on Saturday.

Wofford fans (and their SoCon brethren, now) seem to have a need to believe their team is being dismissed or not taken seriously. Sorry, but you're not sneaking up on anyone in Jacksonville. Wofford has a solid, well-coached team that will be ready to play and win Saturday. In my view, the Terriers are a legitimate favorite in this game, and we'll need our very best performance and some luck to move on to the next round.

GaSouthern
December 2nd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Well coached is right, I wish Ayers would retire but since he is still here I will pull for him when he is not coaching against us. Heck, I wanted GSU to hire him back in 2006... HEY! Did you know he has a blackbelt?!?!?!?!?! hahaha

heath
December 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Where would a Wofford-GSU game take place if..............it happens.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2010, 08:46 PM
I don't see any evidence in this thread that JSU fans are dismissing the TO. I defy you to find a Jax State fan who currently believes our defense has a magic key to anything. At this point, I'm just hoping they have the key to their equipment locker on Saturday.

Wofford fans (and their SoCon brethren, now) seem to have a need to believe their team is being dismissed or not taken seriously. Sorry, but you're not sneaking up on anyone in Jacksonville. Wofford has a solid, well-coached team that will be ready to play and win Saturday. In my view, the Terriers are a legitimate favorite in this game, and we'll need our very best performance and some luck to move on to the next round.
call it a Wofford complex if you will :)

Well coached is right, I wish Ayers would retire but since he is still here I will pull for him when he is not coaching against us. Heck, I wanted GSU to hire him back in 2006... HEY! Did you know he has a blackbelt?!?!?!?!?! hahaha
http://annistonstar.com/view/full_story/10503067/article-Wofford-coach-Ayers-is-a-man-of-the-world?instance=sports_main_jsu

he also wrestled a bear, served in the marines, almost won a local dancing with the stars competition for cancer, he also did come gymnastics in college...look out Chuch Norris

Redbirdz
December 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Here kitty, kitty, (terriers). JSU by 10.

crabby terrier
December 2nd, 2010, 10:50 PM
wofford D cages the little birdies and our O book is opened up!!!

terriers by 17-21!

GO TERRIERS!!!

Bam
December 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
From TSN. xrotatehx The Gamecocks did nab one important victory, a 29-27 decision over eventual OVC champ Southeast Missouri State, which runs an option attack WRONG!!!! xsmhx (like Wofford) and boasts the No. 3 rushing offense in the FCS (271.09 ypg). The win should buoy the Gamecocks' spirits as they look ahead to Saturday.

Redhawk2010
December 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Umm... SEMO does run the option. Not the triple option like Navy and Georgia Tech, but the Redhawks run the option quite a bit..