PDA

View Full Version : If the field had been only 16...

Grabholdofyosef
November 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
My apologies if someone has already posted something similar, but I was curious about who everyone thinks would have been left out if the field was only 16.

Robert Morris and Coastal would not have not gotten in without the AQs. I am thinking NDSU's last loss made them the last team in, but I wasnt sure who was the 9th At large was. I assume it would have been one of these since they are all at larges playing in the 1st rd: SCSU, GSU, Western Illinois

Thoughts...

Milktruck74
November 25th, 2010, 03:56 PM
But if it was a field of 16, then 4 teams would be left out! atleast that's the way I learned it in Public school.

Grabholdofyosef
November 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Only two at larges would have been left out. I am assuming the two extra AQs (Robert Morris and Coastal) would not have gotten bids.

Tribe07
November 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
NDSU and WIU definitely would not have gotten in with a field of 16. When is the last time a 7-4 team from the MVC got an at large bid?

FargoBison
November 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
NDSU and probably GSU or SCSU. The MVFC would not have been a one bid league.

GSU Eagle
November 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I believe the last at-large selections were something like this:

#10. North Dakota St. Most analysis I have seen believe NDSU was the last at-large selected this year.
#9. South Carolina St. Even though they were 9-2 the strength of schedule argument is there. I know there was considerable difference of opinion before the selections if they would make it or not.
#8. Western Illiinois. I believe they were in before North Dakota St.
#7. Georgia Southern. What really got the Eagles over the hump at 7-4 was the win over Appalachian St.

McNeese72
November 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM
This string is useless! Why? Because there were 20 teams this season so what use is it to discuss what it would have been if there were 16?

Grabholdofyosef
November 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
This string is useless! Why? Because there were 20 teams this season so what use is it to discuss what it would have been if there were 16?

I would tend to agree, but I think most posts could be considered useless. The whole premise of message boards is to discuss opinions, what if scenarios, what could have been, etc...

Also, I am sitting at work with nothing to do and my team doesnt play til next week. I was done reading all the game threads for this weekend, so being the first year with 20, I thought it may have some value.

I do think this could matter if one of the teams makes it far. I remember when the expansion was announced, many felt there would not be 10 quality At large teams.

nwFL Griz
November 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Then don't read, and certainly don't post.

heath
November 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Then don't read, and certainly don't post.

AMEN,go get some seconds or thirds,and sorry your team didn't make itxshhhx

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Pretty common knowledge that NDSU was the last team in.