PDA

View Full Version : TXST fires Head Coach

MaximumBobcat
November 22nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
http://txstatebobcats.com/news/2010/11/22/FB_1122104043.aspx

San Marcos, Texas – Texas State athletic director Larry Teis announced Monday that Brad Wright has been relieved of his duties as head football coach for the Bobcats.

“We appreciate the progress Brad has made with our program in the last four years,” said Teis. “This decision was tough to make because he is a good man and a good family man. But, I felt it was necessary to make a change at this time.”

Texas State president Denise Trauth added, “I wish Brad Wright well as we go down the road of indentifying new leadership for our football program.”

Wright ended his tenure with a record of 23-23 in his four seasons as head coach at Texas State. He began his collegiate head coaching career with a 4-7 record before leading the Bobcats to an 8-5 record in 2008 and a 7-4 mark in 2009. Texas State began the 2010 season winning three of its four non-conference games before finishing the year with just one win against Southland Conference teams.

Texas State will begin a national search to find a replacement immediately.

PurpleOut
November 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
adios mo fo

I hear Greg Davis might be available. Ha.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
adios mo fo

I hear Greg Davis might be available. Ha.

i'm sure you guys are glad to see him go. xlolx

wonder who the new guy will be? and for christ's sake, do a real national search this time! xprayx

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2010, 10:07 PM
There is dancing in the streets of SM today xnodx

Get ready for a couple years of rebuilding and it is certainly needed.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 22nd, 2010, 11:53 PM
With TX-State heading to the WAC, it's going to be interesting to see who will want the job. Established FBS coaches for the most part will want to avoid a start up program that is going to be near the bottom of a weak conference for the next several years, so you'll end up with a bunch of people applying for the paycheck planning to collect and run, or maybe get lucky and get someone idealistic enough to want to try to build a new FBS program from scratch. Either way, it's going to be a long road.

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2010, 12:43 AM
Texas State arguably underperformed expectations this year, but was this really warranted? (Total outsider here - just curious what Bobcats fans have to say).

txst80
November 23rd, 2010, 02:04 AM
Texas State arguably underperformed expectations this year, but was this really warranted? (Total outsider here - just curious what Bobcats fans have to say).

We didn't arguably underperform. We failed miserably to meet our expectations. Wright had a couple decent seasons in 2008 and 2009 but it was painfully obvious watching him coach this year that he was in over his head. If we didn't accept a WAC invite does he get fired? Honestly, probably not. Not 1 year into a 3 year contract. But I don't think anybody associated with the program felt confident about his ability to coach us through a transition to FBS.

slostang
November 23rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
We didn't arguably underperform. We failed miserably to meet our expectations. Wright had a couple decent seasons in 2008 and 2009 but it was painfully obvious watching him coach this year that he was in over his head. If we didn't accept a WAC invite does he get fired? Honestly, probably not. Not 1 year into a 3 year contract. But I don't think anybody associated with the program felt confident about his ability to coach us through a transition to FBS.

I really feel that TXST had talent this year and it was evident in three teams they beat (Cal Poly, Southern Utah and #4 SF Austin). Problem was they lost to teams that they had no business losing to. That is on the coaching staff.

I think with the faciliities and talent they have they will find a very good coach.

RabidRabbit
November 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
i'm sure you guys are glad to see him go. xlolx

wonder who the new guy will be? and for christ's sake, do a real national search this time! xprayx

Understand that a couple of former MN coaches are available. xsmiley_wix xlolxxlolx