PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3

appstate38
November 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Don't know how many of you guys use ESPN 3 but I watched the App-Florida game online via ESPN3 and it was pretty good quality. Except for the homer announcers it was a good one to watch. So hopefully we can at least get some games on ESPN's website if not on tv.

P.S got my tickets to the Dec.4 game at the Rock.... Anybody else going up?

GA St. MBB Fan
November 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Also I believe ESPN 3 is on the XBox 360 as well...they call it ESPN 360 (which oddly enough is what ESPN 3 used to be called). My point is though you can watch ESPN 3 live broadcast on your XBox 360....which essentially means you can watch them on your TV :D

NHwildEcat
November 22nd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Also, depending on the quality of your computer and tv you can just connect the two of them and watch it that way. I did that back in September when UNH played at Pitt and I was fine with it. Of course it is always better when it is directly on TV...but you do what you can. I just wish ESPN would pick up all the FCS games and put them at least on their site so we all have one place to turn for the games...

Maybe next year!

JSU02
November 22nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
Don't know how many of you guys use ESPN 3 but I watched the App-Florida game online via ESPN3 and it was pretty good quality. Except for the homer announcers it was a good one to watch. So hopefully we can at least get some games on ESPN's website if not on tv.

P.S got my tickets to the Dec.4 game at the Rock.... Anybody else going up?

ESPN3 games are almost always called by homers. I guess its much cheaper thats way.

biggie
November 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
I didn't think the quality was that good. Hated that it was shown as widescreen on a 4:3 ratio scale (yet the commercials were fullscreen 16:9).

GA St. MBB Fan
November 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
I didn't think the quality was that good. Hated that it was shown as widescreen on a 4:3 ratio scale (yet the commercials were fullscreen 16:9).

I think you have your ratios backwards.

biggie
November 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
I think you have your ratios backwards.
Nope. 4:3 is the old standard, that's the screen size they were showing it on, but as wide screen, so there were black bars at the top/bottom.

Where as the commercials were full widescreen 16:9.

DFW HOYA
November 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
DirecTV customers are out of luck with ESPN3.com

biggie
November 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Talking about DirecTV's ISP? Last I looked when I lived in the middle of nowhere that was just way too expensive anyway.

I have DTV but ATT DSL for internet so get ESPN3.

eaglewraith
November 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM

ESPN3 is dependent on your Internet Service Provider, not your satellite or cable package.

Cincy App
November 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM

Most Directv customers are out of luck with ESPN3.com. However, all ESPN3 games are also on ESPN GamePlan which Directv carries for an extra charge. GamePlan can be purchased for the season or for a given day.

Cooper
November 23rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
If you live in a rural area and there's just one DSL provider that does not have an agreement with ESPN you are dead in the water. Our provider won't budge. ESPN says to change providers to one that has an agreement. Wish we could.

Dblue
November 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Don't know how many of you guys use ESPN 3 but I watched the App-Florida game online via ESPN3 and it was pretty good quality...... hopefully we can at least get some games on ESPN's website if not on tv.

Doesn't show the teams but I think these are playoff games on Saturday the 3rd.

12:00 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF College Football presented by Kay Jewelers

12:00 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF ESPN College Football presented by Cars.com

12:00 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF ESPN2 College Football presented by 5-Hour Energy

03:30 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF College Football presented by Kay Jewelers

Now...who wants to guess the games? Of course they could also be D-II or III.

NHwildEcat
November 23rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Doesn't show the teams but I think these are playoff games on Saturday the 3rd.

12:00 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF College Football presented by Kay Jewelers

12:00 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF ESPN College Football presented by Cars.com

12:00 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF ESPN2 College Football presented by 5-Hour Energy

03:30 PM FOOTBALL NCAAF College Football presented by Kay Jewelers

Now...who wants to guess the games? Of course they could also be D-II or III.

No, those are going to all be FCS playoff games, almost 100% on that. The D2 Semi-Finals and Title games are played the following weekends and will be aired on CBS College Sports and the Title game on ESPN2. While the Title game in D-3 will be aired on ESPNU on Dec. 18.

So those games you have listed are the 4 designated FCS games by ESPN. All the others will be on NCAA.com.

LEHIGH61
November 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Just checked ESPN#. They are all FBS games

LehighGuy
November 23rd, 2010, 11:35 AM
FYI.....I just got this response from NCAA.com concerning the LU game for this weekend:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have to defer to the individual schools for the content and the products that will be available. The subscription will give you access to any events that the school decides to stream, audio or video. This sometimes does not include content that is already licensed to be broadcast on television. We post the upcoming events as we are notified, but you will have to check with your school for the complete schedule. Not seeing a game for this weekend on either site.However there are future games for lehigh on http://www.patriotleague.org/allaccess/ you will need a patriot league subcription.

This doesn't sound promising.....

Dblue
November 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
FYI.....I just got this response from NCAA.com concerning the LU game for this weekend:

LU ????? I didn't think Liberty made the cut for the playoffs. :D

Thank you for your inquiry. We have to defer to the individual schools for the content and the products that will be available. The subscription will give you access to any events that the school decides to stream, audio or video. This sometimes does not include content that is already licensed to be broadcast on television. We post the upcoming events as we are notified, but you will have to check with your school for the complete schedule. Not seeing a game for this weekend on either site.However there are future games for lehigh on http://www.patriotleague.org/allaccess/ you will need a patriot league subcription.

This doesn't sound promising.....

All kidding aside, last Saturday I was able to watch Lehigh-Lafayette streamed online at http://fcsfootball.yolasite.com (http://fcsfootball.yolasit.com). Not sure where the feed originated from but looks like the telecast was by RCN. Is RCN the local cable company up there? If so is there any chance RCN broadcasts your UNI game?
Thanks