PDA

View Full Version : Who should win the Walter Payton Award?

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Here is the poll. Pick your choice and tell why!

Milktruck74
November 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Scott Riddle - I know it is a "years best" award, but one really needs to look at his entire career. The guy in unreal!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2010, 09:12 PM
TJ, for obvious reasons. Does the most with the least. Fastest player in FCS. Ungodly balance, can cut on a dime, jukes, spins, and did I mention he's fast? :D

PurpleOut
November 21st, 2010, 09:26 PM
Jeremy Moses - 3,658 yds, 34 TD's and only 4 int's.

Walkon79
November 21st, 2010, 09:27 PM
Homer vote for other and Denarius, but I would be happy with Freshman of the Year.

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
Homer vote for Scottie. If you need a reason, just look at his stats.

whoanellie
November 21st, 2010, 10:34 PM
got to cast my vote for Scott Riddle all time best passer in FCS & SoCon
History and catalyst of Elon's football relevance.

PurpleOut
November 21st, 2010, 10:37 PM
all time best passer in FCS

I don't know if I'd go that far.

cderry
November 22nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Matt Barr, QB, WIU. Over 3,000 pass yds, over 400 rush yds, 31 total TDs, only 5 INT. 163 passer rating.

Could have had a lot more yards but in games like the WIU crushing of Indiana State...he only threw for 19 yards because the game was out of hand quickly.

cderry
November 22nd, 2010, 06:09 AM
Jeremy Moses - 3,658 yds, 34 TD's and only 4 int's.

And -74 rushing yards! Awesome!

appfan2008
November 22nd, 2010, 06:56 AM
DP keep the award in house!

PhoenixMan
November 22nd, 2010, 07:32 AM
I don't know if I'd go that far.

Me either. I think Riddle was great, but best passer in SoCon history would be more fitting. FCS brings Steve McNair, Neill Lomax and a few others into the conversation.

bjtheflamesfan
November 22nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
I gotta give props to Moses for his numbers but with the system that SFA runs, youre going to put up gaudy passing numbers. My vote is for Mike Brown. Top gainer in the nation in total offense (ahead of Mr Moses actually), 160 carries for 909 yards and 9 TDs rushing, 223/351 2956 yds and 23 TDs passing (11 INTs I will give that point in a debate)...and even though LU missed the show, he sent the 2010 season out with a bang piling up almost 500 yards of offense...BY HIMSELF!

SFA 93
November 22nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
To go almost 500 attempts and only 4 INTS is something in itself.

AppTrex77
November 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Deandre Pressley has had to fill some big shoes from the past 4 years and did it quite admirably. This kid was under tremendous pressure coming into this season and really took control of the situation in becoming a dynamic player as well a mature team leader. He was under a microscope from App fans as well as the rest of the FCS world and has shouldered his responsibilities and the critics well.

Chemhen
November 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
My God....it's a giant wave of homerism. Run! Run for your LIVES!!!

ChattTown Mountaineer
December 4th, 2010, 10:31 PM
After today's show of the top three finalists (@ App, SFA and WIU), it's hard to imagine Deandre Pressley NOT winning this year. It's been a lot of fun watching him not only put up impressive stats, but also leading the team well. There are a lot of great QBs in the FCS, but DP seems to keep outshining the crowd.

TheBisonator
December 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I don't know about you, but I think NDSU's DJ McNorton made quite a statement today.

ChattTown Mountaineer
December 4th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry - didn't even look there. I thought the three finalists were already set by the dinner invitations: Pressley (ASU), Barr (WIU), and Moses (SFA). I guess the voting is done, so today's show won't carry any weight in the votes.

We were looking at a potential matchup of Pressley vs. both other finalists in the playoffs until SFA went off the rails today. That makes Pressley the only finalist still throwing. And now we're looking forward to playing Nova. I think.

rumple
December 4th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Barr and Moses proved frauds today, Pressley should take it easy.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM
After today's show of the top three finalists (@ App, SFA and WIU), it's hard to imagine Deandre Pressley NOT winning this year. It's been a lot of fun watching him not only put up impressive stats, but also leading the team well. There are a lot of great QBs in the FCS, but DP seems to keep outshining the crowd.

Except that the ballots have already been cast.

JBB
December 4th, 2010, 11:31 PM
NDSU should win

Skjellyfetti
December 5th, 2010, 01:18 AM

unfortunately they vote on these awards before the real season begins. xsmhx

DeAndre certainly had a Payton performance today. 276 rushing yards in the playoffs by a quarterback... is... well... amazing.

charliej
December 5th, 2010, 09:22 AM

I would disagree with this staement. One bad game doesn't make a season. I think Moses gets it.

UNH Fanboi
December 5th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I would disagree with this staement. One bad game doesn't make a season. I think Moses gets it.

I guess the votes are already in, but his playoff performances raise serious questions about his regular season stats and whether they are they result of playing weaker competition. He threw 0 TDs and 7 Ints against Montana (last year) and Villanova. Is that really the best offensive player in FCS?

NHwildEcat
December 5th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Kevin Decker

charliej
December 5th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I guess the votes are already in, but his playoff performances raise serious questions about his regular season stats and whether they are they result of playing weaker competition. He threw 0 TDs and 7 Ints against Montana (last year) and Villanova. Is that really the best offensive player in FCS?

Point taken. Presley had oustanding stats vs. much tougher competition, and would have been my choice.

I still disagree that one bad game proves anyone to be a fraud.

Moses might not be the best, but I still think he gets it.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 5th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm telling you guys, Barr is going to get it. He has the best numbers, and the MVC (for some reason) was #2 in the RPI for FCS conferences. Presley probably should get it, but he won't.

smallcollegefbfan
December 5th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I'm telling you guys, Barr is going to get it. He has the best numbers, and the MVC (for some reason) was #2 in the RPI for FCS conferences. Presley probably should get it, but he won't.

The midwest doesn't have good voter representation. Moses won but by what margin is what will be interesting. Presley is the best of the group, proving it yesterday, but the voting is already done so the playoffs have no bearing on the awards, which is too bad.

ASU_Fanatic
December 5th, 2010, 12:18 PM
If App appears in Frisco, DP easily. It's not easy feeling in AE's shoes but DP rose to the occasion. Of course, there will never be another AE though.

CSN-info
December 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
If App appears in Frisco, DP easily. It's not easy feeling in AE's shoes but DP rose to the occasion. Of course, there will never be another AE though.
Whether App State appears in the national championship game, or not, has NO bearing on the Payton, Buchanan and Robinson voting. The voting is done BEFORE the playoffs start. The folks in Hatboro, PA. already know who will win.