PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris vs North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2

FargoBison
November 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
I don't know a lot about RMU, we've played a few NEC teams in the past few years(Wagner and CCSU) but I don't think I've ever seen RMU play. Should be a fun game with a good atmosphere in the dome. Sounds like kickoff will be at 6 PM.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to the game and welcoming the Robert Morris fans to Fargo.

Chi Panther
November 21st, 2010, 10:48 AM
NDSU got a great draw. I think they can beat RMU and probably Montana State. Can't believe I'm saying this....but GO BISON!!!

FargoBison
November 21st, 2010, 11:00 AM
NDSU got a great draw. I think they can beat RMU and probably Montana State. Can't believe I'm saying this....but GO BISON!!!

Yeah I like our draw, I might even head out to MSU if we can get by RMU. Also Go Panthers, hopefully you can get by Lehigh and take out the Hens. Time for the MVFC to step up now that the conference got three teams in.

Bogus Megapardus
November 21st, 2010, 11:12 AM
Would you rather play Bobby Mo or Lehigh?

FargoBison
November 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Would you rather play Bobby Mo or Lehigh?

I guess RMU since they ended their season with a loss to Bryant. But I don't really know a lot about either team, Lehigh has won seven straight so they at least have some momentum.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
If NDSU was the last team selected, Robert Morris must have been the highest non-MVFC rated team according to the committee, or maybe the committee had an inside on hosting bids that we don't know about.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
In another forum it was mentioned that RM ave 13K fans TOTAL for all their home games.

They should have a rude awakening coming into the FFD.

GO BISON

Original_RMC
November 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
This will give you a little insight.
http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2010/11/21/FB-RMU_NCAAdraw-10.asp?path=fball

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2010, 11:55 AM
It will be interesting to see how RMU handles the crowds - for the season:

Loss at Dayton: 3,377
Win at Sacred Heart: 2,076
Win vs. Liberty: 2,893
Win at Wagner: 2,410
Win at SFPA: 2,338
Win vs. Monmouth: 2,104
Win vs. Albany: 3,078
Win vs. Duquesne: 2,873
Win vs. Central Connecticut: 2,789
Loss at 2,207

The NDSU game should about double the number of FCS fans to watch the Colonials play this season in person.

Original_RMC
November 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
I think the crowd could play a part in the game but I think if the Colonials can do what they did against Liberty then they have a great chance.

401ks
November 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM
In all my years as a player, coach, parent, and fan I have never seen anyone from the stands score a touchdown, make an interception, catch a pass, or run for a first down.

Just sayin'

xpeacex

footballer23
November 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM
It should be a whale of a game.

UAalum72
November 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM
No doubt, as when Albany played at Montana, RMU will work out in the gym with crowd noise pumped in from the speakers, to practice using hand- instead of vocal signals. Otherwise playing indoors will be easier than out in the weather.

NDSUFREAK
November 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM
No doubt, as when Albany played at Montana, RMU will work out in the gym with crowd noise pumped in from the speakers, to practice using hand- instead of vocal signals. Otherwise playing indoors will be easier than out in the weather.

They better do all that and more because although the Fargodome may not be sold out (holiday weekend...obviously) it will be freaking LOUD and its a different kind of loud when there is no where for it to escape like Wa-Griz or any outdoor stadium. Should be a freaking BLAST!!!

GO MVFC!! WIU AND UNI!!xrotatehxxrotatehx

MplsBison
November 21st, 2010, 04:20 PM
I don't think NDSU fans pictured it this way for NDSU's first playoff run. Backing into the playoffs based on the strength of their bid to host the game? No..I think most fans pictured another dream season like 2006... a dominate team that secures a seed and home field throughout based on the strength of the team, not the avg attendance.

With the way the team has been so up and down, attendance has been off. Are fans going to show up for this game? What has NDSU done to prove to fans that their money (and no doubt this game ticket will cost a pretty penny) won't be wasted?

It just doesn't feel like a real playoff team. You get one game in Fargo and that's it. And while RMU is probably about like USD from this year's schedule, you never know with the way the offense is stinking it up. It could be another 3-0 loss. All RMU has to do is make it close enough to the goal line to kick it in...any playoff team, even if they're only half-scholarship, should be able to do that. NDSU won't be able to score.

If they do make it past RMU, then a brain-bashing just awaits in Bozeman afterward.

Certainly not the way I pictured NDSU's return to the playoffs.

Thundar
November 21st, 2010, 04:26 PM
I don't think NDSU fans pictured it this way for NDSU's first playoff run. Backing into the playoffs based on the strength of their bid to host the game? No..I think most fans pictured another dream season like 2006... a dominate team that secures a seed and home field throughout based on the strength of the team, not the avg attendance.

With the way the team has been so up and down, attendance has been off. Are fans going to show up for this game? What has NDSU done to prove to fans that their money (and no doubt this game ticket will cost a pretty penny) won't be wasted?

It just doesn't feel like a real playoff team. You get one game in Fargo and that's it. And while RMU is probably about like USD from this year's schedule, you never know with the way the offense is stinking it up. It could be another 3-0 loss. All RMU has to do is make it close enough to the goal line to kick it in...any playoff team, even if they're only half-scholarship, should be able to do that. NDSU won't be able to score.

If they do make it past RMU, then a brain-bashing just awaits in Bozeman afterward.

so $26 for Sideline $18 for endzones $15 for endzone upper GA and $8 for students is a "pretty penny"??? WTF do you want them to charge its the same price as regular season

darell1976
November 21st, 2010, 04:33 PM
I don't know a lot about RMU, we've played a few NEC teams in the past few years(Wagner and CCSU) but I don't think I've ever seen RMU play. Should be a fun game with a good atmosphere in the dome. Sounds like kickoff will be at 6 PM.

They have a good D1 hockey team.;) I think the dome will be packed. Its their first playoff game there ever and fans should be out there supporting their team. Good luck NDSU and maybe in 2 years us UXD's can join the SU's in the playoff bunch.

No_Skill
November 21st, 2010, 04:44 PM
In all my years as a player, coach, parent, and fan I have never seen anyone from the stands score a touchdown, make an interception, catch a pass, or run for a first down.

Just sayin'

xpeacex

In all my years as a fan, I've seen countless false starts, time outs, and delay penalties caused by the fans.

flyenhigh
November 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM
lets go Robert Morris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tear them up!

Thundar
November 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
Colonials have a message board??

No_Skill
November 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
I couldn't find one. :/

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
so $26 for Sideline $18 for endzones $15 for endzone upper GA and $8 for students is a "pretty penny"??? WTF do you want them to charge its the same price as regular season

He has not done his research and doesn't even sound like a Bison fan, UND fan maybe.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM
Go bison!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2010, 06:11 PM

Troll!!!

Please go away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM
If Vigen opens up the playbook, this game will not be close. RM will look at tape and stack the box, just like every other team this year.

Our defense might pitch a shutout (maybe FGs) and if our passing game comes around, it could be over early.

GO BISON

BISON: 38-3

onbison09
November 21st, 2010, 07:32 PM
If Vigen opens up the playbook, this game will not be close. RM will look at tape and stack the box, just like every other team this year.

Our defense might pitch a shutout (maybe FGs) and if our passing game comes around, it could be over early.

GO BISON

BISON: 38-3

NO WAY we score 38 points with Vigen

MplsBison
November 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM

Playoffs are always more expensive. That's a general rule of thumb.

If NDSU really is charging the same price then the admin have about as much sense as the offense.

But anyway, it doesn't invalidate the rest of my argument, which I see you ducked.
I still say this team did not deserve to get in with the way they played. I'd rather see a team from the Great West, NEC, Big South, etc. a smaller school that had a better season than NDSU had, make the playoffs. It shouldn't be about money and buying your way in.

Franks Tanks
November 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
In all my years as a fan, I've seen countless false starts, time outs, and delay penalties caused by the fans.

As a former player I can say that crowd noise means virtually nothing to those on the field.

Thundar
November 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM

If NDSU really is charging the same price then the admin have about as much sense as the offense.

But anyway, it doesn't invalidate the rest of my argument, which I see you ducked.
I still say this team did not deserve to get in with the way they played. I'd rather see a team from the Great West, NEC, Big South, etc. a smaller school that had a better season than NDSU had, make the playoffs. It shouldn't be about money and buying your way in.

You really don't have a clue do you?? The field is picked First AND THEN THE BIDS ARE OPEN to set the home games. If they were going by money Montana would be the first team in every year and wouldn't even have to play a regular season think about it!! Oh yeah and lets put MORE 30 Sccholorship teams from the NEC in the Playoffs that makes perfect sense

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
As a former player I can say that crowd noise means virtually nothing to those on the field.

Why does fans noise cause false starts, time outs, delay of games, and teams to practice with stereo speakers assimilating crowd noise then?

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM

The NCAA requires host schools to charge the same amount for playoff tickets as they charged for regular season. Have you ever been to a Bison game in the Fargodome?

NoCoDanny
November 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
NDSU got a great draw, they will roll in this one.

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2010, 09:30 PM
Why does fans noise cause false starts, time outs, delay of games, and teams to practice with stereo speakers assimilating crowd noise then?

Oh oh! To encourage fans to actually turn out, when we all know that their presence does nothing to actually change the game's atmosphere or to charge up the home team. :)

Seriously - NDSU's atmosphere is great. The twelfth man CAN help a team out, and I think watching many false starts, time outs, etc for ASU, Montana and NDSU opponents can attest to that. It's true there are some players that can zone all that out - but there are many others who can't, and if the largest crowd you've played of is a sixth the size of NDSU's... well, I think we can expect some RMU issues with crowd noise.

On the other side... having a large crowd and having them go silent can be horrendous if you're the home team. If RMU can establish some control early and take the crowd out, it can be psychologically damaging for the Bison.

I think the first is more likely than the second, but to say crowds don't affect gameplay is a bit silly. And if it were true, why would any of us pay money to go to a game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
NDSU will totally dominate RM.

I believe our defense will not give up a TD....maybe a couple of FGs.

GO BISON

Walkon79
November 21st, 2010, 09:40 PM
I'm pulling for the Bison just so we can shut some of you up the next week! Geez!!

Bisonforlife
November 21st, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'm pulling for the Bison just so we can shut some of you up the next week! Geez!!

If you walked on in 1979 haven't you already used up your eligibilty? LOL

MplsBison
November 21st, 2010, 09:57 PM
You really don't have a clue do you?? The field is picked First AND THEN THE BIDS ARE OPEN to set the home games. If they were going by money Montana would be the first team in every year and wouldn't even have to play a regular season think about it!! Oh yeah and lets put MORE 30 Sccholorship teams from the NEC in the Playoffs that makes perfect sense

Do some research so you have an idea what you're talking about.

The selection committee can only select teams that are eligible for the playoffs. Are you able to comprehend that?

Montana was not eligible this year. NDSU was. Therefore, they had to find the best replacement possible for the lost revenue that Montana normally brings in for the NCAA. Thus, NDSU was chosen over Liberty for that very reason, better potential to bring in money for the NCAA.

That's reality, whether you like it or not.

MplsBison
November 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
The NCAA requires host schools to charge the same amount for playoff tickets as they charged for regular season. Have you ever been to a Bison game in the Fargodome?

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? That would surprise the heck out of me, I'd love to see where in the rulebook it states this.

Why would the NCAA care if a school charges more for playoff tickets? That's just extra money in their coffers. You see, in a playoff system, most money goes to the NCAA, not the schools. And though, even a the FCS level, the money brought in by the playoffs is just a spec of what's brought in by the bowls, the NCAA still wants to maximize the revenue.

TheBisonator
November 21st, 2010, 10:07 PM
Now I realize MplsBison is truly a UND fan. This thread has proven it for me.

ming01
November 21st, 2010, 10:12 PM

ndsu got in because of their Kansas win and playing in the MVFC. Hosting isnt determined until after the field is set

TheBisonator
November 21st, 2010, 10:41 PM
ndsu got in because of their Kansas win and playing in the MVFC. Hosting isnt determined until after the field is set

Go ahead and tell him the facts, he won't care. He'll just use some other BS argument to justify another delusion of his....

MplsBison
November 21st, 2010, 10:56 PM

Here you go: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?79291-Robert-Morris-vs-North-Dakota-State&p=1587843&viewfull=1#post1587843

When you're able to provide an original thought, and not just parrot the same thing that your fellow homers keep saying, then you'll get a real response.

Walkon79
November 21st, 2010, 11:03 PM
If you walked on in 1979 haven't you already used up your eligibilty? LOL

Yeah, I know. The reference to "we" is a little lame when you're 50. xpeacex

MplsBison
November 21st, 2010, 11:04 PM
I don't believe for a second that any of you are as naive as you pretend to be.

If you actually thought that the selection committee said "yep..RMU and NDSU...no doubt that's an even match up between two programs on a level playing field...lets go ahead and lock that one in. Ok, since we know that one I guess we can see if RMU or NDSU put in the higher bid.....oh wow...look at that, NDSU with avg attendance of 17k put in a higher bid than RMU with avg attendance of 2k....fancy that...I guess NDSU is the host! Should be a very even game!".

You friggin kidding me? What reality do you exist in?

With Montana unable to provide revenue to the NCAA, the FCS playoffs are going to lose even more money than usual. No doubt that as soon as it became apparant that the committee was reasonable able to choose NDSU vs. Liberty, they choose NDSU and paired them with the team was was least likely to be able to provide a competitive bid.

Think about it...they could've just as well stuck us with Lehigh...but Lehigh has a big stadium of their own and a passionate fan base. They probably don't avg close to NDSU's attendance, but they're very capable of it and they have plenty of money.

So, look at that, NDSU gets paired with RMU. Odd how that worked out.

I don't know what I'm ending up getting to as my ultimate point. I always knew that it was about money...there is no such higher ethics in a playoff than there is a bowl system.

In the end, part of me is glad that NDSU made the playoffs. But the realist in me knows they have no chance at beating Montana St in Bozeman and beating up on a NEC team (see: Central Conn St in 2008 and Wagner in 2009) is only going to serve as ammunition for the current offensive staff to save their jobs for another season. Bah.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2010, 11:16 PM

If you actually thought that the selection committee said "yep..RMU and NDSU...no doubt that's an even match up between two programs on a level playing field...lets go ahead and lock that one in. Ok, since we know that one I guess we can see if RMU or NDSU put in the higher bid.....oh wow...look at that, NDSU with avg attendance of 17k put in a higher bid than RMU with avg attendance of 2k....fancy that...I guess NDSU is the host! Should be a very even game!".

With Montana unable to provide revenue to the NCAA, the FCS playoffs are going to lose even more money than usual. No doubt that as soon as it became apparant that the committee was reasonable able to choose NDSU vs. Liberty, they choose NDSU and paired them with the team was was least likely to be able to provide a competitive bid.

Think about it...they could've just as well stuck us with Lehigh...but Lehigh has a big stadium of their own and a passionate fan base. They probably don't avg close to NDSU's attendance, but they're very capable of it and they have plenty of money.

I don't know what I'm ending up getting to as my ultimate point. I always knew that it was about money...there is no such higher ethics in a playoff than there is a bowl system.

In the end, part of me is glad that NDSU made the playoffs. But the realist in me knows they have no chance at beating Montana St in Bozeman and beating up on a NEC team (see: Central Conn St in 2008 and Wagner in 2009) is only going to serve as ammunition for the current offensive staff to save their jobs for another season. Bah.

They didn't want NDSU to play UNI or WIU in the first round, then there's GSU vs SCST, that leaves pairing RMU, Coastal and Lehigh with the MFVC teams, pretty simple. 2 Eastern games & 2 Western games.

Have you ever been to a Bison game at the Fargodome?

FargoBison
November 21st, 2010, 11:17 PM
The only team that NDSU could have played in the opening round that could outbid us is....Georgia Southern who had a regional match up with SCSU. We obviously can't play WIU or UNI and we would outbid Leigh and CCU without a doubt. I don't get this rant you are on, NDSU put up a six figure bid.

emilimo701
November 21st, 2010, 11:25 PM

troll is simply trolling.

or just an imbicile that likes to make assumptions as if they are fact (even worse the assumptions are wrong)?

either way, just ignore the dude (/troll?)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2010, 06:08 AM

You are a fricking troll and nothing more. You are not a Bison fan; and I bet you haven't been to a home game this year. You left bisonsports = great. Now you are trolling on bisonville with another username = leave.

I have an extra ticket right behind the visitors bench, so why dont you come up to the FFD on saturday so you can cheer for RM.

Frickin clown.

danefan
November 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I know. The reference to "we" is a little lame when you're 50. xpeacex

In my eyes if you've ever played a down for the team you can always assert the "we" in a conversation. As corny as it is its part of the bond that all players who have played at a school have.

Ivytalk
November 22nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
I think NDSU will win this one handily, but it's an intriguing matchup nonetheless. But for the playoffs, this pairing may never have happened.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Should be 7" of fresh snow on the ground by the time Black Friday rolls around in Fargo and Saturday is supposed to be sunny with a balmy high of 25. It will be a fun tailgate (first time I've tailgated in the snow for a Bison game). I'm thinking the dome won't be sold out but the folks there will be loud. I hope last week's pitiful showing lights a fire under this Bison squad or they could give RMU a shot at an upset with as underwhelming as the offense has looked lately.

darell1976
November 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Should be 7" of fresh snow on the ground by the time Black Friday rolls around in Fargo and Saturday is supposed to be sunny with a balmy high of 25. It will be a fun tailgate (first time I've tailgated in the snow for a Bison game). I'm thinking the dome won't be sold out but the folks there will be loud. I hope last week's pitiful showing lights a fire under this Bison squad or they could give RMU a shot at an upset with as underwhelming as the offense has looked lately.

Actually 1/2 inch on Saturday plus almost 10 inches today and another 5+ on Wednesday and you have about a foot and a half of snow on the ground before Saturday. If NDSU played at Dakotah Field it would be a total slaughter house for the Bison. I think the Fargodome takes the weather out of the factor.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Good luck RMU. I was secretly hoping to see Joe Walton come to Bethlehem, but I'll have to settle for the Colonials embarrassing Bison nation. ;)

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
Anyone know what defensive scheme RMU runs? Never mind I guess they run a 3-4.

srgrizizen
November 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM

And if you get past RMU, just think about what kind of weather you might be playing in in Bozeman! You might want to consider bringing your dome with you.xlolx

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
And if you get past RMU, just think about what kind of weather you might be playing in in Bozeman! You might want to consider bringing your dome with you.xlolx

If you've seen our offense you would realize we want a blizzard in Bozeman should we advance. There is a foot of snow on the ground in Fargo and we do have an outdoor practice field with field turf. Cold weather is the least of my concerns should we advance.

ming01
November 22nd, 2010, 03:10 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/theanusbananus/retarded8oi5.jpeg

AmsterBison
November 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Apparently NDSU's top 2 QBs have shoulder injuries. One is out for sure and the other is questionable. The likely starter has thrown 3 passes: 1 for 11 yards, 1 incomplete, 1 INT. Doesn't really matter: NDSU's offense has been horrible and hit a new low last weekend.

Stack the LOS and play disciplined ball and NDSU should not score.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
NDSU will totally dominate RM.

I believe our defense will not give up a TD....maybe a couple of FGs.

GO BISON

Unfortunately only giving up one FG last weekend wasn't enough against a PATHETIC MSU Bears defense. The offense needs to get better for your Bizon otherwise you may be in trouble.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately only giving up one FG last weekend wasn't enough against a PATHETIC MSU Bears defense. The offense needs to get better for your Bizon otherwise you may be in trouble.

Like it was posted previously, pick the healthy QB or have RB McNorton run the wildcat all day. :(

It's not going to be easy or simple, it should make for an interesting game.

Thundar
November 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Are you sure you know what you're talking about? That would surprise the heck out of me, I'd love to see where in the rulebook it states this.

Why would the NCAA care if a school charges more for playoff tickets? That's just extra money in their coffers. You see, in a playoff system, most money goes to the NCAA, not the schools. And though, even a the FCS level, the money brought in by the playoffs is just a spec of what's brought in by the bowls, the NCAA still wants to maximize the revenue.

It requires a host school to charge AT LEAST the same they can go higher, maybe you should do some research as obviously you don't even know the price of a ticket to a NDSU game

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
They didn't want NDSU to play UNI or WIU in the first round, then there's GSU vs SCST, that leaves pairing RMU, Coastal and Lehigh with the MFVC teams, pretty simple. 2 Eastern games & 2 Western games.

Have you ever been to a Bison game at the Fargodome?

They could've paired NDSU v Lehigh and UNI v Robert Morris. No difference.

But pairing NDSU with Lehigh would've given a slightly higher change to Lehigh putting in a higher bid than NDSU and thus NDSU not hosting. That would've meant less money for the NCAA. Remember, it's not just the bid - the NCAA gets a cut of the ticket sales (I think 75%).

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
It requires a host school to charge AT LEAST the same they can go higher, maybe you should do some research as obviously you don't even know the price of a ticket to a NDSU game

So did you just admit that you were wrong and teams can charge higher for playoff games?

If NDSU ticket prices for the playoff game are the same as the regular season ticket prices - then it's exactly as I said, they have no sense.

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
The only team that NDSU could have played in the opening round that could outbid us is....Georgia Southern who had a regional match up with SCSU. We obviously can't play WIU or UNI and we would outbid Leigh and CCU without a doubt. I don't get this rant you are on, NDSU put up a six figure bid.

Wrong - Lehigh could've outbid NDSU. They have money at that school (almost $1 billion endowment) and they have a 16k seat stadium that would've been packed for a home playoff game.

UNI Pike
November 22nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
I believe that the NCAA rule about tickets is that they cannot be any lower than the regular season single game price.

Thundar
November 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
So did you just admit that you were wrong and teams can charge higher for playoff games?

If NDSU ticket prices for the playoff game are the same as the regular season ticket prices - then it's exactly as I said, they have no sense.

Please quote were I said ANYTHING to the fact that tickets can be ANY price in the playoffs?? Please

All I ever did was tell the EXACT price of the ticket at Saturdays Playoff game in the Fargodome and state they are the same as the regular season

Thundar
November 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Wrong - Lehigh could've outbid NDSU. They have money at that school (almost $1 billion endowment) and they have a 16k seat stadium that would've been packed for a home playoff game.

So then why did they end up AT UNI???xchinscratchxxchinscratchxxchinscratchxxchin scratchx

No_Skill
November 22nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Damn it, you beat me to it. I must be slacking :(

rmufan
November 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
I think you all needed to do some more research before you started talking about crowd sizes and home sites and so on. RMU has a small stadium. They max out at approximately 3,000 so how could they possibly sell tens of thousands of seats for each game?? Also, they were told from the start that they would not have the opportunity to host a game due to the small stadium and lack of resources. That alone answers half of the posts on this board. Do some research and GO COLONIALS!

JSUBison
November 22nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
I think you all needed to do some more research before you started talking about crowd sizes and home sites and so on. RMU has a small stadium. They max out at approximately 3,000 so how could they possibly sell tens of thousands of seats for each game?? Also, they were told from the start that they would not have the opportunity to host a game due to the small stadium and lack of resources. That alone answers half of the posts on this board. Do some research and GO COLONIALS!

You'll have to excuse MPLSBISON (aka Dave K, aka Star2City, aka Bisonatrik, aka Bisonfan1234, aka Roger Thomas, etc etc etc) He's an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by mystery. World champion fecal agitator, but not a Bison fan.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
You'll have to excuse MPLSBISON (aka Dave K, aka Star2City, aka Bisonatrik, aka Bisonfan1234, aka Roger Thomas, etc etc etc) He's an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by mystery. World champion fecal agitator, but not a Bison fan.

aka troll and now on ignore.

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
So then why did they end up AT UNI???xchinscratchxxchinscratchxxchinscratchxxchin scratchx

Because UNI put in a higher bid.

What part of the word **could've** and it's understood english connotation is above your comprehension level?

Lehigh *could've* put in a higher bid than NDSU or UNI. Hence, the committee stuck NDSU - the largest revenue generating team - with RMU instead of Lehigh, when either would've been acceptable. It was guaranteed that NDSU would host if paired with RMU - not guaranteed to host if paired with Lehigh.

Committee knew that.

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2010, 11:29 PM

Go RMU!!!

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
I think you all needed [sic] to do some more research before you started [sic] talking about crowd sizes [sic] and home sites [????] and so on. RMU has a small stadium. They max out at approximately 3,000 so how could they possibly sell tens of thousands of seats for each game?? Also, they were told from the start that they would not have the opportunity to host a game due to the small stadium and lack of resources. That alone answers half of the posts on this board. [bwa?] Do some research [on what?] and GO COLONIALS!

Good lord, is this the type of education you get at Robert Morris? I have no dog in this race, but geez. Tone down the nerd rage and try to communicate in English.

rmutv
November 23rd, 2010, 01:20 AM
[shameless plug alert]If anyone wants some information on Robert Morris, you can check out colonialscorner.com. Pretty extensive archive of game recaps, news, and information, as well as links to local news articles. We hit on all sports, and basketball has really kicked up in the last week or two, but we're still covering football season. [/shameless plug alert]

downbythebeach
November 23rd, 2010, 02:36 AM
RMUTV,
Is DiMichele playing this week?

He has to be one of the best recruits in RMU history, good luck without him.

UAalum72
November 23rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
Good lord, is this the type of education you get at Robert Morris? I have no dog in this race, but geez. Tone down the nerd rage and try to communicate in English.

Do you have a problem with the past tense and plurals? There's a lot of bad grammar on this forum, but that post is far from the worst example.

Original_RMC
November 23rd, 2010, 07:07 AM
RMUTV,
Is DiMichele playing this week?

He has to be one of the best recruits in RMU history, good luck without him.

DiMichele will be playing.

DJKyR0
November 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM

I picked up a ticket for eight bucks. I wish people would get off the idea that NDSU bought a playoff game. People, please don't make the mistake of thinking MplsBison is an actual Bison fan. The dude lives in siouxsports.com and since they got the invite to the Big Sky he's hopped on over to Bisonville and is picking fights with actual Bison fans left and right. The guy exists for no other purpose than to start arguments and will literally talk out one side of his mouth then the other in back-to-back posts if it means someone contesting anything he says. Actualy Bison fans are jacked we're in the playoffs and look forward to nothing more than attending the first home playoff game in 18 years.

That said, I think Bison fans are going to get a good look at how the MVFC fits into the scheme of the FCS as far as strength of conference when the Bison physically dominate an NEC team. Might not be a pretty win, but this game will be won in the trenches. Not necessarily predicting a blowout as our offense would need to come a long way in a short time for that to happen but I think NDSU wins this one handily. Look at what happened when Morgan St. came to the FFD - four false start penalties on their first drive as they were right next to the student section. The entire Dome will be rocking and I foresee a LOT of noise-related penalties on RMU. Should be a great time.

Also, this may be the most BA tailgate ever as Fargo set ND snowfall records with 12.6" yesterday. Yikes.

darell1976
November 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
I picked up a ticket for eight bucks. I wish people would get off the idea that NDSU bought a playoff game. People, please don't make the mistake of thinking MplsBison is an actual Bison fan. The dude lives in siouxsports.com and since they got the invite to the Big Sky he's hopped on over to Bisonville and is picking fights with actual Bison fans left and right. The guy exists for no other purpose than to start arguments and will literally talk out one side of his mouth then the other in back-to-back posts if it means someone contesting anything he says. Actualy Bison fans are jacked we're in the playoffs and look forward to nothing more than attending the first home playoff game in 18 years.

That said, I think Bison fans are going to get a good look at how the MVFC fits into the scheme of the FCS as far as strength of conference when the Bison physically dominate an NEC team. Might not be a pretty win, but this game will be won in the trenches. Not necessarily predicting a blowout as our offense would need to come a long way in a short time for that to happen but I think NDSU wins this one handily. Look at what happened when Morgan St. came to the FFD - four false start penalties on their first drive as they were right next to the student section. The entire Dome will be rocking and I foresee a LOT of noise-related penalties on RMU. Should be a great time.

Also, this may be the most BA tailgate ever as Fargo set ND snowfall records with 12.6" yesterday. Yikes.

And annoys the hell out of us Sioux fans. Playoff ticket for 8 bucks? Wow that sounds like a good deal, and hopefully everyone is all shoveled from this upcoming Thanksgiving storm to go to the game. Good luck NDSU.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2010, 08:41 AM

I love Lehigh to a fault, probably, but even I wouldn't make this claim. xlolx

AmsterBison
November 23rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
[shameless plug alert]If anyone wants some information on Robert Morris, you can check out colonialscorner.com. Pretty extensive archive of game recaps, news, and information, as well as links to local news articles. We hit on all sports, and basketball has really kicked up in the last week or two, but we're still covering football season. [/shameless plug alert]

Yeah, a lot of Bison fans have been researching your school. Lots of good stories there.

Are you going to them game? If so, get there early and check out the tailgating. I know Fargo sounds like a difficult place to get to but, really, it is one of the easiest trips there is*, especially if you connect in Minneapolis.

* Based on the smallness of Fargo's airport, the large number of flights from Minneapolis, and the proximity of the airport to the FargoDome.

DJKyR0
November 23rd, 2010, 09:35 AM

I have to admit I laughed when I realized it was Colonials Corner and not Colonial Scorner.

bisonguy
November 23rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
And annoys the hell out of us Sioux fans. Playoff ticket for 8 bucks? Wow that sounds like a good deal, and hopefully everyone is all shoveled from this upcoming Thanksgiving storm to go to the game. Good luck NDSU.

$8 is just for students and youth general admission. Other seats are the same price as the regular season.

Might be interesting for tailgating with the next storm coming through tomorrow.

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
NDSU 4 RMU 3

JSUBison
November 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Craig Bohl will be unable to reassemble the Six Million Dollar Man Quarterback duo of Mohler/Jensen, so Dante Perez starts. Dante throws for over 300 yards with 3 TD's and no INT's. The Bison version of "The Greatest Show on Turf" is born.

darell1976
November 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
$8 is just for students and youth general admission. Other seats are the same price as the regular season.

Might be interesting for tailgating with the next storm coming through tomorrow.

Is this game televised? I heard about the ESPN thing but I wonder if locally (KVLY) would have the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2010, 12:12 PM

That said, I think Bison fans are going to get a good look at how the MVFC fits into the scheme of the FCS as far as strength of conference when the Bison physically dominate an NEC team. Might not be a pretty win, but this game will be won in the trenches. Not necessarily predicting a blowout as our offense would need to come a long way in a short time for that to happen but I think NDSU wins this one handily. Look at what happened when Morgan St. came to the FFD - four false start penalties on their first drive as they were right next to the student section. The entire Dome will be rocking and I foresee a LOT of noise-related penalties on RMU. Should be a great time.Also, this may be the most BA tailgate ever as Fargo set ND snowfall records with 12.6" yesterday. Yikes.

Agreed!!

The Bison have played best at home this year. I think the O-Line will have a good game on saturday. If we can run the ball effectively ( we will ) this will be a blow-out. RM will try and stop the run so our passing game needs to be effective.....ie, convert 3rd downs.

Crowd will be a factor.

Man, I cannot wait for saturday.

GO BISON

AmsterBison
November 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
Craig Bohl will be unable to reassemble the Six Million Dollar Man Quarterback duo of Mohler/Jensen, so Dante Perez starts. Dante throws for over 300 yards with 3 TD's and no INT's. The Bison version of "The Greatest Show on Turf" is born.

Hehe, seriously, the Bison need a box of spare QB parts. That said, now Coach Bohl is saying that both QBs could play. Obviously, neither are 100% but that was a pretty shocking development.

blukeys
November 23rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
That said, I think Bison fans are going to get a good look at how the MVFC fits into the scheme of the FCS as far as strength of conference when the Bison physically dominate an NEC team. Might not be a pretty win, but this game will be won in the trenches. Not necessarily predicting a blowout as our offense would need to come a long way in a short time for that to happen but I think NDSU wins this one handily.

You are aware that Robert Morris is not in the CAA. I am predicting a NDSU win but beating RMU says nothing about the MVFC.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
I have never said this before in years on this board...but damn you NDSU guys are seriously the biggest bunch of blowhards ever. Call up the coaches and players of the Big Sky, CAA, Southern, etc. leagues and ask about "physical domination" of NEC teams.

Good lord...what you always here is "DEPTH AND SPEED"....not physical domination. Using Albany as an example, both the Montana and Delaware players and fans said those UA teams were among, if not the, most physical and well-coached teams they have played in awhile. Most of the NEC (middle to top teams) are built this way.

Now, all that said, this game all depends on which team shows up for NDSU- Jekyl or Hyde. If Hyde shows up...this could be a long afternoon for RMU.

blukeys
November 23rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
That said, I think Bison fans are going to get a good look at how the MVFC fits into the scheme of the FCS as far as strength of conference when the Bison physically dominate an NEC team. Might not be a pretty win, but this game will be won in the trenches. Not necessarily predicting a blowout as our offense would need to come a long way in a short time for that to happen but I think NDSU wins this one handily.

Personally, I think NDSU wins this game. But in no way would a win say anything about the MVFC. The NEC is not the CAA or SoCon.

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2010, 01:48 PM

You do realize that NDSU submitted a bid to host the playoff game, don't you? xeyebrowx

In every possible sense of the phrase, NDSU did buy the playoff game. They submitted a bid and the NCAA granted NDSU the playoff game in exchange for the money.

How, in the world, can you possibly spin that as not buying the game? Please enlighten us.

blukeys
November 23rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
I have never said this before in years on this board...but damn you NDSU guys are seriously the biggest bunch of blowhards ever. Call up the coaches and players of the Big Sky, CAA, Southern, etc. leagues and ask about "physical domination" of NEC teams.

Good lord...what you always here is "DEPTH AND SPEED"....not physical domination. Using Albany as an example, both the Montana and Delaware players and fans said those UA teams were among, if not the, most physical and well-coached teams they have played in awhile. Most of the NEC (middle to top teams) are built this way.

Get used to this kind of talk. For some reason folks from the Mid West are always saying this despite the actual results (Delaware's all time record against teams currently in the MVFC is 13-1) . You could read this exact same talk over at the SDSU boards prior to Delaware playing SDSU this September.

I could retire if I got a payment from every Mid West poster who used the line. "We are going to show you Easterners what Real Smash Mouth football is about. "

I've been hearing this kind of talk for decades. It's not going to change.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Ha...good to know. I think they forget that "running the football" was a Northeast/Mid-Atlantic staple...that migrated westward.

gjw007
November 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Congrats to NDSU for making the playoffs and good luck.

No_Skill
November 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, damn right. Plus, our mascot would kick the crap out of yours. ;)

Cut us some slack. It's been a while since we've been to the playoffs and we're excited.

I know our team is not built to win the whole thing this year. I simply hope for a competitive exciting game and to have some fun in the process.

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Ha...good to know. I think they forget that "running the football" was a Northeast/Mid-Atlantic staple...that migrated westward.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204797880
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1576813

Just sayin... xnodx

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM

Now, all that said, this game all depends on which team shows up for NDSU- Jekyl or Hyde. If Hyde shows up...this could be a long afternoon for RMU.

The only experience the NDSU fanbase has with the NEC was 2008, Central Connecticut St at the Fargodome. The score was 43-7 at the half, and finished 50-14. Different teams then but similar records, NDSU was 6-5, CCST was 7-4. It will be a much closer game I suspect, as Robert Morris beat Liberty, and NDSU has had problems scoring lately. Should be a great game, and I'll be there. :)

jacksfan29
November 23rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Get used to this kind of talk. For some reason folks from the Mid West are always saying this despite the actual results (Delaware's all time record against teams currently in the MVFC is 13-1) . You could read this exact same talk over at the SDSU boards prior to Delaware playing SDSU this September.

I could retire if I got a payment from every Mid West poster who used the line. "We are going to show you Easterners what Real Smash Mouth football is about. "

I've been hearing this kind of talk for decades. It's not going to change.

I'm going to defend us SDSU fans, we are not NDSU; we live in reality and even with the success we have had since moving up we do not think we are all that, nor do we think we are now a dominant program in the country. We know that the NEC and MEAC are not measuring sticks, and we know how tough the CAA schools are, we played one of the best (see DU game). The only reason there was any "unfriendly" discussion prior to and after the DU game was a single DU poster (you should know who that poster is xwhistlex) who decided to talk smack before and after the game. By the way, it is Midwest not Mid West and technically both SDSU and NDSU are on the Northern Plains. Cold, flat and a bit boring but having spent the first 20 or so years of my life in the area the people are very nice and genuine (at least in the southern Dakota).

Dane96
November 23rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204797880
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1576813

Just sayin... xnodx

Just saying...you are a troll. How does picking two NEC games deal with the comment that the Northeast...as in the Northeastern part of the US...and the mid-Atlantic basically invented smash mouth between the tackles football. That....does not require too much research.

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm going to defend us SDSU fans, we are not NDSU; we live in reality and even with the success we have had since moving up we do not think we are all that, nor do we think we are now a dominant program in the country.

There was some pretty bold talk prior to the Delaware game on several messageboards, but I'm not going to generalize that arrogance about all SDSU fans.

JSUBison
November 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm going to defend us SDSU fans, we are not NDSU; we live in reality and even with the success we have had since moving up we do not think we are all that, nor do we think we are now a dominant program in the country. We know that the NEC and MEAC are not measuring sticks, and we know how tough the CAA schools are, we played one of the best (see DU game). The only reason there was any "unfriendly" discussion prior to and after the DU game was a single DU poster (you should know who that poster is xwhistlex) who decided to talk smack before and after the game. By the way, it is Midwest not Mid West and technically both SDSU and NDSU are on the Northern Plains. Cold, flat and a bit boring but having spent the first 20 or so years of my life in the area the people are very nice and genuine (at least in the southern Dakota).

Great Plains represent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFo0a8V-Ag

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Represent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JykJ7hcACMc

blukeys
November 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM

Actually, my comment was meant at every Midwest school we have played in the last 20 years. One gets the same "We are bigger. We Are Stronger. We play football harder. You haven't seen real smash mouth football. blah blah"

I gave SDSU as just one recent example. This kind of talk was actually worse in 2003 when posters from SIU and UNI had this type of mantra.

By the way it is UD and Not DU. DU is Duquesne.

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
One of the most physical opponents I have seen NDSU play actually was Northeastern. The Least physical might actually go to a few MAC schools that we played, seemed like they didn't even want to run the ball. Just throw, throw and throw some more.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
One of the most physical opponents I have seen NDSU play actually was Northeastern. The Least physical might actually go to a few MAC schools that we played, seemed like they didn't even want to run the ball. Just throw, throw and throw some more.

Interesting. I did not see that from Northeastern at all. The most physical games I have seen are the MV conference games. SDSU in 06 at the FFD was a good one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM

.....then do not frequent this thread. I have seen 2 NEC teams play in the FFD the last few yrs and both teams were inferior to the Bison. That is not smack but the truth; plus both of those games could have been 70-7. So naturally any NEC team coming into the FFD is going to be looked at lightly.

We'll see come saturday. If the Bison can effectively run the ball and use the play-action pass off of that then this game will not be close. If the Bison offense lays and egg then it could get real interesting.

Bottom line: Our defense will keep us in any game. The "X" factor is the offense.

Bison 38-3

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2010, 07:26 PM
Just saying...you are a troll. How does picking two NEC games deal with the comment that the Northeast...as in the Northeastern part of the US...and the mid-Atlantic basically invented smash mouth between the tackles football. That....does not require too much research.

If someone says someting you don't like, call them a troll. I think I'm catching on now.

DJKyR0
November 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM
You are aware that Robert Morris is not in the CAA. I am predicting a NDSU win but beating RMU says nothing about the MVFC.

To the rest of the country who have seen how conferences match up for years? Probably. To an NDSU fan (hence why I said "Bison fans" who haven't seen a lot of inter-league competition with their team), I disagree. We've played the Great West mostly, a scant few from the Big Sky, two NEC teams (both of which were blowouts), and scattered others. We don't have a first-hand view of where the MVFC fits into the picture, so this game between a top-3 conference member (NDSU) and one from outside that echelon should tell Bison fans something they don't necessarily know right now - where dos our competition factor in to the big scheme of things?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
To the rest of the country who have seen how conferences match up for years? Probably. To an NDSU fan (hence why I said "Bison fans" who haven't seen a lot of inter-league competition with their team), I disagree. We've played the Great West mostly, a scant few from the Big Sky, two NEC teams (both of which were blowouts), and scattered others. We don't have a first-hand view of where the MVFC fits into the picture, so this game between a top-3 conference member (NDSU) and one from outside that echelon should tell Bison fans something they don't necessarily know right now - where dos our competition factor in to the big scheme of things?

We beat G Southern pretty easily at their place a few yrs ago......an now they buy-out their return trip for a cupcake home game......big surprise.

Why come to the FFD and lose.......

blukeys
November 23rd, 2010, 10:04 PM

The NEC has a limit of 40 scollies for each program. You state you have already blown out 2 other NEC teams. How will this game give you any more information???

NDSU should win this game. If you lose this game then that will tell us much about MVFC. But I don't see this happnning. Again you will not be seeing a CAA or SOCON team.

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
The NEC has a limit of 40 scollies for each program. You state you have already blown out 2 other NEC teams. How will this game give you any more information???

NDSU should win this game. If you lose this game then that will tell us much about MVFC. But I don't see this happnning. Again you will not be seeing a CAA or SOCON team.

Sports Network Link (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/ncaa_football/news-article.aspx?storyid=178038&catid=404)

According to the Sports Network, NDSU is the underdog

FCS FIRST ROUND: ROBERT MORRIS AT (25) NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Kickoff: 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 27

Facts and Figures - Site: Fargodome (27,851) in Fargo, N.D. Records: Robert Morris, 8-2; North Dakota State, 7-4. Television: None. Series record: First meeting. Last meeting: None. Conferences: Robert Morris, Northeast Conference; North Dakota State, Missouri Valley Football Conference. Coaches: Robert Morris, Joe Walton (103-69-1 in 17th season at Robert Morris); North Dakota State, Craig Bohl (59-29 in eighth season at North Dakota State). The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS ranking: Robert Morris, unranked; North Dakota State, 25.

What to know: North Dakota State received an at-large bid despite being blanked, 3-0, in its season finale against Missouri State. The Bison used three different quarterbacks in the game and compiled only 120 yards of total offense.

The shutout illustrates (to the extreme) a lack of scoring offense, which has been the Bison's Achilles heel this season. They average just 21.8 points per game (second-to-last in the MVFC). Three elements have propelled them to the playoffs: running back D.J. McNorton, a stellar defense and an emphasis on protecting their home turf.

To wit, McNorton is No. 19 in all of the FCS in rushing yards per game (101.6). This clip is impressive considering defenses load the box to stop him, forcing the worst passing offense in MVFC (157.1 yards per game) to beat them.

The defense does its part as well, ranking No. 8 (tied) in the FCS in scoring defense (16.6 points per game) and No. 1 in he MVFC in rushing defense (107.6 yards per game).

And home field advantage? The Bison are 5-1 in the Fargodome this season.

Enter NEC champion, Robert Morris.

The Colonials claimed the conference's first-ever automatic bid on Nov. 6 in a 42-24 trouncing of perennial NEC power Central Connecticut State.

The Colonials have a special back of their own in Myles Russ, who ranks ahead of McNorton with 124.6 rushing yards per game (No. 6 FCS). As with the Bison, the Colinals rely heavily upon the run, but unlike the Bison, the Colonials manage to turn those runs into points (29.6 points per game).

They also have quarterback Jeff Sinclair, who has provided the program with a serious shot in the arm since being inserted into the starting lineup midway through the 2009 season. Sinclair is 13-4 in his career as a starter.

The Bison became eligible for the FCS playoffs in 2008. They have won eight national titles at the Division II level, while the Colonials have appeared in two postseason games in their rather brief history (the ECAC Bowl in 1996 and 1997).

Despite its faults, North Dakota State does hail from the MVFC, a decidedly more competitive conference than the NEC, but Robert Morris appears to have momentum to burn.

The winner will face fourth-seeded Montana State.

Prediction: Robert Morris, 21-9

Dane96
November 23rd, 2010, 10:59 PM
If someone says someting you don't like, call them a troll. I think I'm catching on now.

Seems this isn't the first time you have been called a troll.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM

And at the time those games were played...they were only 20 rides for one team...even less for Wagner. That said, I dont think RMU is at the full allotment of 32 this season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Sports Network Link (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/ncaa_football/news-article.aspx?storyid=178038&catid=404)

According to the Sports Network, NDSU is the underdog

LOL.......sports network is not reliable IMO ( do some research )........NO WAY a NEC team comes into the FFD and wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 05:57 AM
And at the time those games were played...they were only 20 rides for one team...even less for Wagner. That said, I dont think RMU is at the full allotment of 32 this season.

.....so, naturally with you being a fan from the NEC, RM should come into the FFD and "steam-roll" us....right!!

DII is at 36 schollies....is the NEC planning on getting to 63 schollies as a conference?

Keeper
November 24th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Bison be forewarned do not graze contentedly.

The Colonials will give you a great game.

Actually, I'm seeing a close high-scoring affair.

Too bad NDSU wasn't eligible a few years ago, could of won the whole shebang.

Dane96
November 24th, 2010, 07:44 AM
.....so, naturally with you being a fan from the NEC, RM should come into the FFD and "steam-roll" us....right!!

DII is at 36 schollies....is the NEC planning on getting to 63 schollies as a conference?

Actually, I never said the like, so why don't you refrain from putting words in my mouth. I said that you guys constantly have puffed your chests since the minute you upgraded and are continuing to do so right now.

Fact...you should win this game on paper.

Fact...your team underachieved this season.

Fact...Colgate...did the unthinkable years ago.

Fact...you never know what the hell will happen on Saturday.

I have watched NDSU play...three times on one of my lovely FSC channels. They are good...really good, and a win by RMU would be an upset. But to sit here and count your chickens the way some of you are...please.

Just let the teams play...and enjoy the game. Good luck to both teams!

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2010, 08:14 AM

I really didn't expect the Bison to make the playoffs this year.

Expected SIU, UNI and SDSU to be on top again in the MVFC

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2010, 08:15 AM
LOL.......sports network is not reliable IMO ( do some research )........NO WAY a NEC team comes into the FFD and wins.

My research says the same as yours about the sports network, but it didn't stop me from posting their article.

Do you go through Climax to get to Fertile? ;)

Dane96
November 24th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I really didn't expect the Bison to make the playoffs this year.

Expected SIU, UNI and SDSU to be on top again in the MVFC

Gil, you are different...you actually think before you type. Your opinions and thoughts are soundly based, whether others disagree with them or not.

Good luck this weekend!

nmatsen
November 24th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Bison be forewarned do not graze contentedly.

The Colonials will give you a great game.

Actually, I'm seeing a close high-scoring affair.

Too bad NDSU wasn't eligible a few years ago, could of won the whole shebang.

If we are handing out "mythical" National Title's for 07' I believe the Panthers would have something to say about that. Especially seeings how we beat SDSU and finished 11-0. But, its easy to claim being the best when you didn't have to defend an NFL quarterback for 4 quarters and fight your coaching staff screwing up every play call in the 2nd quarter.

DSUrocks07
November 24th, 2010, 08:35 AM
If we are handing out "mythical" National Title's for 07' I believe the Panthers would have something to say about that. Especially seeings how we beat SDSU and finished 11-0. But, its easy to claim being the best when you didn't have to defend an NFL quarterback for 4 quarters and fight your coaching staff screwing up every play call in the 2nd quarter.

qft

BTW people STILL give us grief for our loss to that NFL QB... :(

superman7515
November 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM

See you in a couple of weeks... Bwa ha ha ha ha! Excellent!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kMs_q1g_CmQ/SHVRUpZmhhI/AAAAAAAAB-g/zmKqdgXgrFo/s400/Mr%2BBurns%2BEvil%2BLaugh.png

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Actually, I never said the like, so why don't you refrain from putting words in my mouth. I said that you guys constantly have puffed your chests since the minute you upgraded and are continuing to do so right now.

I have watched NDSU play...three times on one of my lovely FSC channels. They are good...really good, and a win by RMU would be an upset. But to sit here and count your chickens the way some of you are...please.

This year's NDSU squad was far from underachievers. They were picked to finish 6th or 7th (can't recall) in the conference and even the most deluded fans had them at 6-5 at best and most objective fans thought this was a 3-8 or 4-7 squad. They were coming off a 3-8 year and they lost a significant amount of that team.

You'll find that NDSU (along with every other football team in the country) is never as good or as bad as our loudmouth fans like to shout into the wind about. More often than not, the good NDSU has showed up at the Fargodome this year so I'm expecting the same. But we all know that the only thing you should expect is the unexpected. RMU is a good team regardless of their conference or scholarships and good teams don't roll over, especially in the playoffs. I think the Bison will win but I don't think it will be a blowout by any means.

THE HERD
November 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM

If ya didn't notice Keeper is not a NDSU fan, so don't start giving our fan base crap about us starting the mythical championship stuff. That may not be what you were implying, but I have seen it happen in the past. Good Luck against Leghigh. Go MVFC!

Justin Observation
November 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM

You are absolutely 100% correct. With that being said, we are just going to save our money and stay home. Thanks for telling us ahead of time so we didn’t embarrass ourselves by showing up in Fargo! What were we thinking in the first place?

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2010, 11:48 AM
You are absolutely 100% correct. With that being said, we are just going to save our money and stay home. Thanks for telling us ahead of time so we didn’t embarrass ourselves by showing up in Fargo! What were we thinking in the first place?

Exactly.

Honestly - NDSU needs a QB - any QB, in the worst way. If they had any sort of average, semi-healthy QB, I would definitely favor them. As it is, home field advantage is the deciding difference.

DJKyR0
November 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Exactly.

Honestly - NDSU needs a QB - any QB, in the worst way. If they had any sort of average, semi-healthy QB, I would definitely favor them. As it is, home field advantage is the deciding difference.

Your first part has been one of the most frustrating points of this whole season. We have a solid running game and an All-FCS defense, but quarterback play and the passing game in general has been our biggest weakness. With even an average to above-average offense I'd say we're a legitimate title contender.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 12:15 PM
My research says the same as yours about the sports network, but it didn't stop me from posting their article.

Do you go through Climax to get to Fertile? ;)

I didn't word that too well.....I meant sports network should do some research....my fault....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Whatever makes you happy.

Your team has played in front of 2-3K fans at most for any game.....now you come into the FFD with 18K + screaming fans......I have seen 2 teams from your conference the last couple of yrs and observing the talent comparison gives me my opinion on why the Bison should win this fairly easily. Maybe we'll lose but I seriously doubt it.

danefan
November 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Whatever makes you happy.

Your team has played in front of 2-3K fans at most for any game.....now you come into the FFD with 18K + screaming fans......I have seen 2 teams from your conference the last couple of yrs and observing the talent comparison gives me my opinion on why the Bison should win this fairly easily. Maybe we'll lose but I seriously doubt it.

You've seen two years of NEC teams ramping up in scholarships both of which had scholarship recruiting classes on the bench redshirting. CCSU of 08 and Wagner of 09 aren't comparable to this RMU team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 12:28 PM

LOL....So let me see......having confidence in our team winning on saturday is "puffing our chests". Shame on me. I should obviously know that a team with 1/2 the schollies as us should be able to come into our "house" and beat us 21-9, just like the Sports Network predicts.

Ya, we'll see come saturday. If we lose, I'll be the 1st to come here and say we got beat by a better team that day. But going on what I have witnessed by 2 other teams in your conference, I see the Bison winning.

BISON 38-3

Dane96
November 24th, 2010, 12:40 PM
There's confidence..even cockiness...then there is just arrogance. You have basically become the latter.

BTW....1/2 those schollies are frosh and sophs....so in truth...if you don't win the game that is on NDSU. But it shouldn't be a pushover like you have been saying, and that's the point. You have intimated that RMU shouldnt show....

DJKyR0
November 24th, 2010, 12:49 PM
There's confidence..even cockiness...then there is just arrogance. You have basically become the latter.

BTW....1/2 those schollies are frosh and sophs....so in truth...if you don't win the game that is on NDSU. But it shouldn't be a pushover like you have been saying, and that's the point. You have intimated that RMU shouldnt show....

I do have to say this all feels eerily similar to the smack-talk between we NDSU faithful and Jayhawk fans that invaded our board prior to our Week 1 matchup with talk of 70-point blowouts and whatnot. They talked about domination and we instantly got defensive. If you've got some time to kill and want a laugh, read some of the posts by KU fans on the ESPN page: http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversation?gameId=302472305

Anyhow, rather than get defensive, I would just fire back. If we predict a big win, predict a big RMU win. I got called delusional predicting an NDSU W against Kansas and hey, look what happened. It's all in good fun.

By the way, NDSU 31-13. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 12:53 PM
You've seen two years of NEC teams ramping up in scholarships both of which had scholarship recruiting classes on the bench redshirting. CCSU of 08 and Wagner of 09 aren't comparable to this RMU team.

"Ramping up" to 30-32 schollies?

Depth.....another reason I do not see this game close.

danefan
November 24th, 2010, 12:56 PM
"Ramping up" to 30-32 schollies?

Depth.....another reason I do not see this game close.

The NEC limit this year is 36 which I believe RMU is at the max.

Wagner probably had less than 20 on the entire team when you played them last year and less than 15 on the gameday roster. CCSU probably had about the same.

Depth is the reason why NDSU should win. But remember - NEC teams have beaten a number of 63-scholly teams in the past and will continue to do so in the future. RMU beat one this year. This is nothing more than another one of those games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
There's confidence..even cockiness...then there is just arrogance. You have basically become the latter.BTW....1/2 those schollies are frosh and sophs....so in truth...if you don't win the game that is on NDSU. But it shouldn't be a pushover like you have been saying, and that's the point. You have intimated that RMU shouldnt show....

Typical.....LOL......You perceive it as arrogance, whatever, believe what you want.

I'm going to email our AD and tell him to get Albany to the FFD, then we can really start some smack.

danefan
November 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Typical.....LOL......You perceive it as arrogance, whatever, believe what you want.

I'm going to email our AD and tell him to get Albany to the FFD, then we can really start some smack.

Sounds good to us. Albany will play anyone, anywhere. Just try and make it early in the season. I have no desire to come to Fargo anytime after October 1.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Wagner probably had less than 20 on the entire team when you played them last year and less than 15 on the gameday roster. CCSU probably had about the same.

Depth is the reason why NDSU should win. But remember - NEC teams have beaten a number of 63-scholly teams in the past and will continue to do so in the future. RMU beat one this year. This is nothing more than another one of those games.

I guess we'll see come saturday. Maybe RM is a lot better than I think, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

NDSU has been up and down all year and overachieved IMO. We were picked to finish 6th or 7th in the league. 6 true freshman start. Most Bison fans thought this team was a year or two away from the playoffs. Next yrs team and the year afters will be very good, IMO.......we do not lose too many seniors off of this team.

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I think it would be fun to have the Danefans in Fargo for a game :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Sounds good to us. Albany will play anyone, anywhere. Just try and make it early in the season. I have no desire to come to Fargo anytime after October 1.

Naa.....Oct is nice here in ND/MN.

Didn't Albany go to Montana a few yrs ago and give them a run?

danefan
November 24th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Naa.....Oct is nice here in ND/MN.

Didn't Albany go to Montana a few yrs ago and give them a run?

We've been to Montana twice - 2002 (45-7) and 2007 (35-14). The 07 game was a decent one (14-7 at halftime).

Thundar
November 24th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Facts and Figures - Site: Fargodome (27,851) in Fargo, N.D. Records: Robert Morris, 8-2; North Dakota State, 7-4. Television: None. Series record: First meeting. Last meeting: None. Conferences: Robert Morris, Northeast Conference; North Dakota State, Missouri Valley Football Conference. Coaches: Robert Morris, Joe Walton (103-69-1 in 17th season at Robert Morris); North Dakota State, Craig Bohl (59-29 in eighth season at North Dakota State). The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS ranking: Robert Morris, unranked; North Dakota State, 25.

When did the Dome grow??? Shows the research they did

THE HERD
November 24th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I too believe NDSU should win this game, but here are couple reasons they may not. The offense and the injured QB situation, not to mention we are missing I believe two starters off of the O-line due to injury. If the Bison had a dominating O-line like we have had most of the last ten years or more, I would say NDSU would dominate the game by controlling the clock, but we don't have that O-line, way too much youth on it this year. Here is the other reason that no one has really mentioned....I believe RMU has something like 20 senior starters.....that kind of experience can go a long way against a young team and a big crowd. We have to also realize that RMU is the champion of this league, Wagner and CCSU I believe were somewhere in the middle of the league when we played them, although CCSU won the conf. the following year. So I think RMU will be quite a bit better than the other NEC teams that we have played.....how much is the key. RMU will have to win in the trenches...OL and DL and most years an NEC team would not be able to do that.....nothing against them it just comes down to 63 schollys against 30 something, but I think the extra schollys mainly contribute to depth, so sometimes your gonna get a team who has a lot of high quality starters on these lower scholly schools who can compete in the trenches and win these types of games. A lot of times I think they just get wore down by the fourth quarter, due to lack of depth. RMU may be one of these teams, we will find out Saturday at 6. They do have a much better chance this year due to previous years due to QB and O-line injuries, but I won"t use that as an excuse if the Bison lose, because they should still be able to get a win if you look at this on paper. As we know though, NDSU has beaten many FBS opponents who have twenty or so more schollys than us, so extra schollys are not the end all be all......we actually have a winning record against FBS teams in the last six or seven years. So we may not want to get too cocky just yet.

X-Factor
November 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Again you will not be seeing a CAA or SOCON team.

I wouldn't want to see the outcome of that for this year's Bison. We play you guys next year in december when we can be a bit more competitive xsmiley_wix

MplsBison
November 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM

When I check the football roster:http://www.rmucolonials.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13900&KEY=&SPID=6527&SPSID=59577 , I see over 100 players listed.

Quite obviously RMU has no problem with depth.

If the players they have simply aren't as good as the players NDSU has, then that's a lack of talent...not a lack of depth.

No_Skill
November 24th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that when someone says "x team has a lack of depth", it's implied that they are talking about the talent level deeper in the roster not the actual number of players on the roster.

clawman
November 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Good idea, just book your flight for Bozeman!!

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Looks like with the bad weather tonight, I'm boing to wait to go up on Saturday. Coldest Thanksgiving in 25 years.

TheBisonator
November 24th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I find it weird that Bison fans predict that we're gonna beat a team that comes in with less than half the scholarships we have and have never seen a crowd of 16,000+ like we will have on Saturday, a team from a conference that has historically had no luck in the FFD, and now everyone thinks Bison fans are the poster child of arrogance.

If looking at things logically is now seen as arrogance, I need to leave this planet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I find it weird that Bison fans predict that we're gonna beat a team that comes in with less than half the scholarships we have and have never seen a crowd of 16,000+ like we will have on Saturday, a team from a conference that has historically had no luck in the FFD, and now everyone thinks Bison fans are the poster child of arrogance.

If looking at things logically is now seen as arrogance, I need to leave this planet.

Bisonator....exactly!!!

I'm extracting my prediction on the previous 2 teams we have faced. RM is coming into the FFD with less than 1/2 of our schollies and I am being arrogant for claiming we are going to win. Well maybe I should say we are going to get beat.....maybe that is being realistic.

I expect a blow-out win....period!!!

GO BISON

mgbison
November 25th, 2010, 06:17 AM
This game won't even be close. The score will be something like 48-10. (give or take a couple of touchdowns). I can't wait to drive up to fargo from the twin cities and enjoy the cold weather tailgating.

darell1976
November 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Bisonator....exactly!!!

I'm extracting my prediction on the previous 2 teams we have faced. RM is coming into the FFD with less than 1/2 of our schollies and I am being arrogant for claiming we are going to win. Well maybe I should say we are going to get beat.....maybe that is being realistic.

I expect a blow-out win....period!!!

GO BISON

Everyone has a right to cheer for their team. And if your team is at home and has a great chance of winning why hide it. Plus this is the Bison's first home playoff game this decade, and not to mention first FCS playoff game why not be overly excited.

clawman
November 25th, 2010, 02:17 PM
This game won't even be close. The score will be something like 48-10. (give or take a couple of touchdowns). I can't wait to drive up to fargo from the twin cities and enjoy the cold weather tailgating.

If you team feels the same way this will be your last game of the season

MplsBison
November 25th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Underachieved compared to what? Essentially the same team, talent wise, was 3-8 last year.

Mohler is no better QB than Mertens was. And I find it hard to believe that handful of true freshman have made the difference.

No doubt we have some really good true freshman, but (maybe with the exception of Heagle) I just don't see a 18 year young man making the difference. Not at the FCS talent level, anyway.

The only real difference is the defensive coaching staff. Once Bohl does the same thing to the offensive staff (promote Polasek to OC and QB coach and hire top talent from smaller schools) we'll have the staff to complement the talent on the roster.

Comparing Colgate to RMU is a borderline lie. You're trying to mislead people into thinking that because both are small private schools from the NE, that they're the same thing.

Colgate is essentially a full scholarship program. RMU is a half-scholarship program.

Not even close.

MplsBison
November 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that when someone says "x team has a lack of depth", it's implied that they are talking about the talent level deeper in the roster not the actual number of players on the roster.

Why would someone say that then? Say what you mean.

It's a lack of talent. 100 players on the roster is plenty of depth, in case of injuries or whatever.

No_Skill
November 25th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Why would someone say that then? Say what you mean.

It's a lack of talent. 100 players on the roster is plenty of depth, in case of injuries or whatever.

Why are basketball players described as "long" when they mean tall?

Justin Observation
November 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Do you really think a team of players from PA and OH won't "bring it" on Saturday? You haven't a clue and I hope your players think like you!!! Liberty made the same mistake.

RMU by 8

Thundar
November 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Do you really think a team of players from PA and OH won't "bring it" on Saturday? You haven't a clue and I hope your players think like you!!! Liberty made the same mistake.

RMU by 8

I believe he is using RMU's 30 Scholorships to our 63 as the rference point. I have no doubt you guys will "bring it" but I just feel with our rotation of players to stay fresh will wear RMU down big time, just like Central Con and Wagner. RMU will put up points though

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2010, 06:02 PM

RMU by 8

Sounds to me like the RMU fans are also expecting an easy win. ;)

JSUBison
November 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Sounds to me like the RMU fans are also expecting an easy win. ;)

How arrogant.

TheBisonator
November 25th, 2010, 08:04 PM
How arrogant.

I was just gonna say that. Took the words right outta my post!!!:D

mgbison
November 25th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I hope RM can air the ball out because we will stuff your running game.

I'm basing my projection on RM's results on the road this year. RM was trailing to some bad teams and had to score 21 points in the 4th quarter to come back and win. If RM gets down by 10 points in the first half the game will be over, and it will get ugly.

We are bigger, stronger, faster and have more scholarship players than RM. Plus we are playing at home. Hence, we will win by a comfortable margin.

Also, RM never playing in front of a large crowd is gonna result in some procedure and offsides penalties.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM

RMU by 8

The only thing that RM is going to lead by 8 is penalties or their total rushing yards.

I hope coach Bohl puts the pedal on the floor and does not let up the whole game. Smack them in the mouth and keep doing it.

MplsBison
November 25th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Why are basketball players described as "long" when they mean tall?

I don't care. It's a lack of talent. Say that.

UNH Fanboi
November 26th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Is the Fargo Dome loud?

nmatsen
November 26th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Is the Fargo Dome loud?

Its no UNI Dome UNH Fanboi but its loud. What I don't understand is how NDSU can be so confident after not being able to score a single point in Springfield last week. The Bears were practically scored upon at will this year and you guys couldn't pick up a frealking field goal? I have no doubt that you guys will keep RMU at bay defensively but you guys have proven week in and week out that your offense is terrible.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Its no UNI Dome UNH Fanboi but its loud. What I don't understand is how NDSU can be so confident after not being able to score a single point in Springfield last week. The Bears were practically scored upon at will this year and you guys couldn't pick up a frealking field goal? I have no doubt that you guys will keep RMU at bay defensively but you guys have proven week in and week out that your offense is terrible.

Hopefully the offensive coaches can come up with something this weekend and they can get through the game with 1 QB and not 3 like the MSU fiasco..

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2010, 08:24 AM

The alternative is to hopelessly piss and s__t ourselves, which has been done plenty on bisonville. We're confident in a home game against a team that is sub-par to the MVFC and most of us are holding out for a new OC whenever the season ends.

That said, 34-14 NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2010, 04:15 PM

FFD is louder than the UNIdome.

We play better at home...esp on offense....that's why!!

Thundar
November 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=nmatsen;1589590]Its no UNI Dome [QUOTE]

No its bigger!!

Hammerhead
November 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I had season tickets when the Fardgome was new before moving out of state. The dome never seemed as loud as I thought it would be. With any luck, a playoff game will be different.

I was at the Vikings-Cowboys playoff last year in the Metrodome and it was way noisier than any regular season game. You'll never convince me that deafening noise doesn't hurt opposing offenses when the linemen can't hear the snap count.

Is the Fargo Dome loud?

Twentysix
November 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM
What was the attendance then though? 10,000? Have you ever been to a game that has 19,000 people in the dome? Ala SDSU 2006

NDSU's football attendance was #1 in Division II for the fifth time. Still need more butts in the seats but it was a nice way to leave DII:

Top Five:

1. NDSU 11,567 per game
2. Miles 11,518
3. Tuskegee 10,964
4. Grand Valley State 10,446
5. Pittsburg State 9,741

Thats from 2004, so probably a little after you had season tickets, you said new ffd, I would guess you have no idea what your talking about(in the nicest way possible :)).

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.--North Dakota State University averaged 18,032 spectators over six home dates in the Fargodome and placed sixth in the 2008 Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS, formerly I-AA) attendance figures released by the NCAA.

North Dakota State has put together back-to-back 18,000-plus seasons. NDSU attracted a school record 18,141 fans over five home dates in 2007. The football program has enjoyed seven sellouts over the past three seasons including a school record 19,053 against South Dakota State in 2006. The Bison are 29-5 in the Fargodome over the past six years under head coach Craig Bohl.

I would guess you understand the volume difference that 7000 extra people in the same place makes.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=593753655986&oid=7791099531&comments&ref=mf

Whatchyougot Bobby morris?! :P

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
In another forum it was mentioned that RM ave 13K fans TOTAL for all their home games.

They should have a rude awakening coming into the FFD.

GO BISON

It wouldnt an ave tho - it is TOTAL...Go Bison!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
It wouldnt an ave tho - it is TOTAL...Go Bison!

Ya....I meant total attendance.

Looks like we wont have a sellout but it should be pretty loud with die-hard Bison fans. My voice should be gone before the 1st quarter is over!!!!

GO BISON

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Eve of the first playoff game in the Fargodome. I remember the first game in the Fargodome, almost 20 years since, and finally. Getting ready for the 3.5 hour drive to the game. Cooler of Coke Zero, survival gear, full tank of gas, ready to roll.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm a relatively young guy, so I never witnessed the glory days. This will be my first playoff game. Cant wait!!!

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYk6SHrh00&feature=related

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYk6SHrh00&feature=related

Great Video.

I think this game is the one that Roehl hurt his ankle and it affected him the rest of the season. I healthy TR that year and we would have been 9-2.

50-14 over CCSU....I expect around the same score tomorrow.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Looking at RM's roster, they have a lot of seniors that start. This might help them in the FFD atmosphere but I am still predicting a Bison win.

I'll stick with my original prediction: Bison 38-3

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Heading out the door in 20 minutes...................The March is on :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Heading out the door in 20 minutes...................The March is on :)

...coming from where?

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
...coming from where?

Twin Cities

*Not Minneapolis

DJKyR0
November 27th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Twin Cities

*Not Minneapolis

Bismarck-Mandan?!

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Bismarck-Mandan?!

Twins Cities as in the St Paul side, not Minneapolis.

MplsBison
November 27th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I see the Fargo Forum is trying to shove naivete down the reader's throats: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/299819/group/Sports/

Some people perceive that NDSU may have “bought our way” into the playoffs, Taylor said.

But the selection committee doesn’t see any of the schools’ bids until after the 20 teams are selected to play in the games, he said.

Duh. You left out the part where the selection committee paired a school with an average attendance of over 16k with a school that average over 2k. Oh weird, who would've thought that NDSU's bid to host would've been bigger?! Oh, how convenient!

I'm not against it...but I wish they would drop this garbage about everything being legit and on the up-and-up. Just admit that they put NDSU in over Liberty and then paired them up with RMU on the sole basis of maximizing revenue.

JBB
November 27th, 2010, 11:30 AM
there is only one group, the passive/aggressors, that are making the claim NDSU bought a playoff spot. You may recall you argued that playoff expansion was a good deal. The rap on the expansion was of course that weaker, undeserving teams would get in. Well, now that seems to be happening if you are trying to claim NDSU doesnt belong. In fact, under the old system UNI and WIU may have gotten in but NDSU wouldnt have gotten the break.

This is the new face of the playoffs.

slostang
November 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
there is only one group, the passive/aggressors, that are making the claim NDSU bought a playoff spot. You may recall you argued that playoff expansion was a good deal. The rap on the expansion was of course that weaker, undeserving teams would get in. Well, now that seems to be happening if you are trying to claim NDSU doesnt belong. In fact, under the old system UNI and WIU may have gotten in but NDSU wouldnt have gotten the break.

This is the new face of the playoffs.

In the past all but the top 4 seeds had bought their home games because home games are awarded on by a bid process. This year they added one more seed. I see no problem with NDSU hosting a playoff game. Hope they draw well and it is a great game for the fan in Fargo.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I'm not against it...but I wish they would drop this garbage about everything being legit and on the up-and-up. Just admit that they put NDSU in over Liberty and then paired them up with RMU on the sole basis of maximizing revenue.

If all the NCAA cares about is maximizing revenue why didn't they include Montana in the postseason? There is no 7 D1 win requirement for an at large and Montana would've brought in more money the NDSU will. RMU was the closest geographical school in the 8 opening round teams (1100 miles) that the Bison could've played by almost 300 miles and after Lehigh all the other schools the Bison could've played were 1600 miles away or more. You can make the argument that NDSU got in over Liberty because the NCAA knew a bigger paycheck would be coming their way then but even that's quibbling over fine points as a valid argument could be made either way for a 8-3 Big South team versus a 7-4 MVFC team but all you need to do is look at a map to see that the RMU/NDSU was a logical 1st round pairing.

MplsBison
November 27th, 2010, 12:49 PM
If all the NCAA cares about is maximizing revenue why didn't they include Montana in the postseason? There is no 7 D1 win requirement for an at large and Montana would've brought in more money the NDSU will. RMU was the closest geographical school in the 8 opening round teams (1100 miles) that the Bison could've played by almost 300 miles and after Lehigh all the other schools the Bison could've played were 1600 miles away or more. You can make the argument that NDSU got in over Liberty because the NCAA knew a bigger paycheck would be coming their way then but even that's quibbling over fine points as a valid argument could be made either way for a 8-3 Big South team versus a 7-4 MVFC team but all you need to do is look at a map to see that the RMU/NDSU was a logical 1st round pairing.

Montana was not eligible for the playoffs. They played a DII team, so they could not be selected as an at-large.

You can argue either way if the NCAA should've put Liberty in over NDSU or not. But the point is that the NCAA paired NDSU with the team most likely to get NDSU the winning bid to host the game.

That's a fact that no one can argue away. Again, I don't really have a problem with it on its face...I just wish people would stop trying to sweep this fact under the rug and pretend that it didn't happen.

No_Skill
November 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Ok I'll say it. NDSU's superior facilities and ability to make a huge profit likely played a roll in being selected to host a playoff game.

Can you shut up about it now and move on?

I think we all know the answer to that.

MplsBison
November 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ok I'll say it. NDSU's superior facilities and ability to make a huge profit likely played a roll in being selected to host a playoff game.

Can you shut up about it now and move on?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Good. xnodx

401ks
November 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
NDSU fans should be taking note of the Lehigh - UNI game.

xwhistlex

MplsBison
November 27th, 2010, 02:16 PM
NDSU fans should be taking note of the Lehigh - UNI game.

xwhistlex

Lehigh is basically a full scholarship team.

RMU is nothing of the sort.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Lehigh is basically a full scholarship team.

RMU is nothing of the sort.

Care to elaborate on that one?

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
when this game start - enough with all the posturing!! Lets play!!

FargoBison
November 27th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Please ignore Mpls(not sure why I even have to say that but for those new posters please do). From what I have heard coach Bohl say RMU is much better than any NEC team we have ever played.

LeopardFan04
November 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM
when this game start - enough with all the posturing!! Lets play!!

7pm Eastern kickoff.

MplsBison
November 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Care to elaborate on that one?

Which part? The definition of full vs. half?

darell1976
November 27th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Why isn't this game sold out? First playoff home game since 1992 perfect weather, yes its holiday weekend but that shouldn't matter.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/299819/

As of Friday afternoon, the Bison Ticket Office had sold about 11,600 tickets in the 18,700-seat dome.

Some people perceive that NDSU may have “bought our way” into the playoffs, Taylor said.

But the selection committee doesn’t see any of the schools’ bids until after the 20 teams are selected to play in the games, he said.
After expenses, which total about $25,000, the NCAA gets 75 percent of the net income from the game. If actual ticket sales mirror what’s budgeted, the NCAA would take in $131,362.50.
Not a 50-50 thing huh NCAA.

Twentysix
November 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Why isn't this game sold out? First playoff home game since 1992 perfect weather, yes its holiday weekend but that shouldn't matter.

Bolded underlined and italicized.

~500 students doesnt help either.

darell1976
November 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
The NCAA also controls broadcast rights to the game.

The NCAA will also get a lump sum from KVLY, which will broadcast the game. NDSU doesn’t receive any of those funds, Taylor said

Why does the NCAA hog those funds too. Damn give the schools some cash you f-in hog.

Twentysix
November 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Why does the NCAA hog those funds too. Damn give the schools some cash you f-in hog.

Because the NCAA owns the rights to the game....Its not a home game. Playoffs are supposed to be close to neutral? Atleast thats how the rules were explained, basicly the fargodome just earned the right to host the game, its not a home game.

darell1976
November 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Because the NCAA owns the rights to the game....Its not a home game. Playoffs are supposed to be close to neutral? Atleast thats how the rules were explained, basicly the fargodome just earned the right to host the game, its not a home game.

Thanks for the clarification on that.

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Our marketing department sucks too

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Game can be watched here BTW if you didn't know http://www.ncaa.com/allaccess/

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:11 PM
RMU's QB has some decent speed. Is the FargoDome a fast surface?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
RMU's QB has some decent speed. Is the FargoDome a fast surface?

Looks like it's Astro Turf cira 1986....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Great start by Bobby Mo! They just took it to NDSU on that drive!

7-0 RMU

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Nice run by the RMU RB to go up 7-0, 9:40 left in the first.

GlassOnion
November 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Impressive offense by rob mor.

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Field goal makes it 7-3 RMU

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Looks like it's Astro Turf cira 1986....

You're probably close xlolx. We're getting new turf like UNI supposedly soon

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Nice response by the D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:29 PM
You're probably close xlolx. We're getting new turf like UNI supposedly soon

Definitely needed. I didn't know that that this type of turf was still being used for competitive athletic events.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:33 PM
This is one fast first quarter.

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:34 PM
That was a hilarious bounce on the punt. Just straight up and down three times; that is some special turf you guys got there.

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM
That was a hilarious bounce on the punt. Just straight up and down three times; that is some special turf you guys got there.

xlolx for sure. D looks up to snuff now

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:37 PM
RMU go away with at least 3 block in the backs on that punt return.

Dblue
November 27th, 2010, 06:38 PM
FCS fan streaming game http://fcsfootball.yolasite.com.
Probably an east coast bias stream. xnodx
Also streams mid-major basketball.
Go Hens!

Grabholdofyosef
November 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM
ive been impressed by robert morris qb. He does well running around back there.

Wildcat80
November 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM
is this feed a commercial TV station? did not notice commercials on other games today???

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:44 PM
is this feed a commercial TV station? did not notice commercials on other games today???

It must be an NBC affiliate since the peacock keeps making appearances.

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Great defensive stand on 4th and goal for NDSU. I have to say, I would have kicked it. Shades of UD-W&M (from my perspective). RMU needs to take care of the ball, two fumbles that didn't matter over the last two plays.

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Wow...fantastic catch there. 40 yd pass play

Dblue
November 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM

NBC logo pops up once in a while, probably local channel.

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM
The receivers have been wide open. And that punt. Maybe we don't deserve to be here

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM
NBC logo pops up once in a while, probably local channel.

Yep it's a local channel

Old Cat Fan
November 27th, 2010, 06:55 PM
FCS fan streaming game http://fcsfootball.yolasite.com.
Probably an east coast bias stream. xnodx
Also streams mid-major basketball.
Go Hens!

Thanks for the link Dblue coming in nice and clear

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM
The receivers have been wide open. And that punt. Maybe we don't deserve to be here

Oh, I dunno...that was a pretty good stop.

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Heart stopped for a sec on that punt.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Wow NDSU got really lucky there. Looked like an RMU guy had a clean look at the fumble.

Old Cat Fan
November 27th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Where the hell are the fans, place looked empty on that punt

charliej
November 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Where the hell are the fans, place looked empty on that punt agreed....doesn't sound all that loud either.

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Where the hell are the fans, place looked empty on that punt

Thanksgiving weekend I guess. We normally have good attendance though. Sad deal. I guess the game on TV doesn't help

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2010, 07:02 PM
NDSU is much more sophisticated than was UNI vs Lehigh this afternoon. Gonna be trouble against the Pards next season.

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 07:04 PM
NDSU is much more sophisticated than was UNI vs Lehigh this afternoon. Gonna be trouble against the Pards next season.

You have no idea how much of an insult that is to UNI

Bogus Megapardus
NDSU has nice possession receivers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
This is one insanely quick first half....

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM
This is one insanely quick first half....

Seems like 2 seconds when your team's playing xlolx

MplsBison
How pathetic is the attendance? Looks like about 12k.

I hope NDSU ends up losing a little bit of money on this game - serves them right for thinking they can buy a home game.

Bogus Megapardus
You have no idea how much of an insult that is to UNI

Just the facts, sir.

onbison09
Wow we need a new coordinator. Burning 2 timeouts?!?! Are you kidding me?

onbison09
November 27th, 2010, 07:07 PM
The Bison offense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Kids got a leg....

7-6 RMU

Chemhen
November 27th, 2010, 07:08 PM
50+ yds on that field goal? 7-6 RMU