PDA

View Full Version : TSN Poll is out

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
and my eagles are on top. I realize that might be the kiss of death for us, but I never thought i'd see the day.

Eastern Washington ranked No. 1 for first time

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Eastern Washington climbed to No. 1 for the first time ever Sunday, closing the regular season as the sixth team to reach the top spot in The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Top 25 this season.

The NCAA will release its 20-team playoff pairings on Sunday, with Eastern Washington one of several teams in the mix for the top overall seed.

Delaware's overtime loss to Villanova on Saturday marked the third straight week in which the No. 1-ranked team was upset.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4357858

ATX_EWUGrad
November 21st, 2010, 08:05 AM
When is the last time the #1 ranked team at the end of the regular season hasn't received a Top 5 seed entering the playoffs? Or let me ask it a different way. What's the lowest seed the #1 ranked team going into the playoffs received?

clawman
November 21st, 2010, 08:10 AM
When is the last time the #1 ranked team at the end of the regular season hasn't received a Top 5 seed entering the playoffs? Or let me ask it a different way. What's the lowest seed the #1 ranked team going into the playoffs received?

It has been a long road, but with the administrative personel now in place the future looks great for the eagles.

wmmii
November 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
Congrats to Edubalum! You may be right about the #1 ranking as the Tribe last week had the defense sleep thru the loss to JMU..

NovaHater
November 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
What a joke, no way App St deserves not to be #1. Punish a team for making a play against Florida, ridiculous.

Wake up App St AD, play teams like West Chester and Duquense to fatten your win total like UD does to keep a high seed.

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 08:47 AM
Congrats to Edubalum! You may be right about the #1 ranking as the Tribe last week had the defense sleep thru the loss to JMU..

Thanks wmmii. My cube wall is shared with a william and mary alumni...id love to see that macthup

FargoBison
November 21st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Bethune is still getting a #1 vote xlolxxlolxxlolx

TypicalTribe
November 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM
Bethune is still getting a #1 vote xlolxxlolxxlolx

JSU got 4

TypicalTribe
November 21st, 2010, 08:52 AM
What a joke, no way App St deserves not to be #1. Punish a team for making a play against Florida, ridiculous.

Wake up App St AD, play teams like West Chester and Duquense to fatten your win total like UD does to keep a high seed.

ASU came in at #2 and stayed #2. Seems fair. Hard to move them up to #1 with a loss even if it was to an SEC team.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
JSU got 4

Just saw that, people must have voted before the games ended or at least I hope that was the case.

aust42
November 21st, 2010, 08:56 AM
I'm shocked that Delaware dropped four spots after an OT loss. Eastern Washington is #1 by default I guess.

NovaHater
November 21st, 2010, 08:59 AM
So App St was screwed by it's schedule, playing a FCS last game of the season. My point was play a cupcake like some other schools do. Not that it really matters, #2 seed is just as good as #1 but does anyone really believe EWU is better ?

TypicalTribe
November 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
I'm shocked that Delaware dropped four spots after an OT loss. Eastern Washington is #1 by default I guess.

It was a very tricky vote at the top with the kind of games that #1 and #2 lost. I had to put UD behind W&M and it was their 2nd FCS loss, which as close as it was puts them behind ASU, MSU, etc. Seems a long way to fall, but when the teams are that closely matched resume-wise, it's understandable.

Edge316007
November 21st, 2010, 09:53 AM
Hilarious that App is the #1 seed yet #2 in the polls while the #5 seed is #1 in the poll. Hilarious to see the top 8 all with first place votes (and everyone but Wofford has 3+) and then Bethune-Cookman is sitting there at #13 with a first place vote. If they're not going to take the poll seriously, just scrap it.

superman7515
September 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Here's a good example, post #1 in this thread would have been the link to the last TSN poll of the regular season. Unfortunately, the link doesn't go anywhere now.

Maybe I can find something archived in the Wayback Machine.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
Here's a good example, post #1 in this thread would have been the link to the last TSN poll of the regular season. Unfortunately, the link doesn't go anywhere now.

Maybe I can find something archived in the Wayback Machine.

Man that sucks. People starting these I think it's ok to post the poll and then provide the link below the ranking to the rest of the article...wouldn't you think?

superman7515
September 2nd, 2014, 10:43 PM
I would think so. It's still not the whole article and I'm just as likely to click the link to read their reasoning behind the rankings as a I am to click the link after reading a couple of sentences.

walliver
September 3rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
I guess old threads never die.

It appears the TSN poll has become so irrelevant, that no-one posted on this thread for 4 years.

superman7515
September 3rd, 2014, 10:58 AM
I guess old threads never die.

It appears the TSN poll has become so irrelevant, that no-one posted on this thread for 4 years.

Part of a larger issue with comparing the AGS poll to the TSN poll.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?159004-AGS-Poll-Stats-History-Tidbits