PDA

View Full Version : Final Week - What a Finish Playoff Slots?

Go Apps
November 20th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Below are my current projections for the I-AA playoff field

Automatic Bids: Patriot: Lehigh, A10: W&M, Big Sky: Montana State, Southland: SFA, Southern: ASU, Gateway: N.Iowa., MEAC: Bethune Cookman, OVC: SEMO St Big South: Coastal Carolina :NEC: Robert Morris

At-large: Wofford, Jacksonville State, GSU, N. Hamp, Delaware, Villanova, E.Wash,, Jacksonville, SCSt, W. Ill

Seeds: W&M, ASU, SFA, Jax State, EWU
Last In: Villanova, Jacksonville, SCSt
Last Out: Montana, Central Arkansas, NDakSt

Bracket I:
Coastal Carolina @ SCSt winner at No. 1 ASU
Jacksonville State @ Bethune Cookman

Jacksonville @ GSU winner at No. 4 SFA
Villanova @ No. 5 E Washington

Bracket II:
Robert Morris @ Lehigh winner at No. 3 W&M
Wofford @ Delaware

N. Hampshire @ W. Illinois winner at No. 2 Montana State
SEMO State @ UNI

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 07:19 PM
UCA doesn't have 7 DI wins, and hardly deserves to be in the discussion.

Go Apps
November 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM
UCA doesn't have 7 DI wins, and hardly deserves to be in the discussion.

Okay made the change put in Jacksonville

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 07:36 PM
And Liberty is nowhere near the discussion, but Cent. Ark is?

I hope you're just forgetting us.

Also, Sac State is in a battle right now with UC-Davis. Don't count them as a 6 win team before they get 6 wins.

Go Apps
November 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
And Liberty is nowhere near the discussion, but Cent. Ark is?

I hope you're just forgetting us.

Also, Sac State is in a battle right now with UC-Davis. Don't count them as a 6 win team before they get 6 wins.

Sac State now out

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I am getting SICK of this s**t of people putting Jacksonville in over NDSU. I really hope the committee isn't this stupid.

DetroitFlyer
November 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I am getting SICK of this s**t of people putting Jacksonville in over NDSU. I really hope the committee isn't this stupid.

Well, maybe NDSU should have won more games....

Go Apps
November 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Last minute loss just doesn't help

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Well, maybe NDSU should have won more games....

Maybe Jacksonville should join a better conference, or maybe give out some schollies...

captainTyinKnots
November 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Maybe Jacksonville should join a better conference, or maybe give out some schollies...

Maybe you should just wait until tomorrow at 10:00

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Maybe you guys should beat the teams on your schedule and do YOUR job! Jacksonville is given a schedule and they went out and won games. You can't ask for anymore from their players and coaches. NDSU should have done the same, but they didn't!

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Just score points against Missouri State and you might have been in! Laying the goose egg to a team with a losing record is the kiss of death.

appfan2008
November 20th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Maybe you should just wait until tomorrow at 10:00

where would the fun in that be?

that would more or less make this site useless!...

i am not a fan...

captainTyinKnots
November 20th, 2010, 10:53 PM
where would the fun in that be?

that would more or less make this site useless!...

i am not a fan...

Haha, very true. He's literally been whining on every thread though saying the same thing.

soccerguy315
November 20th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I don't think the committee will be anxious to match up W&M and UD in the quarterfinals when it could easily be avoided. But I don't actually know if they care about rematches at all.

Go Apps
November 20th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I don't think the committee will be anxious to match up W&M and UD in the quarterfinals when it could easily be avoided. But I don't actually know if they care about rematches at all.

The committee will focus in on regional alignment more than ever the playoffs are costing extra dollars by adding the extra week and slot - so expect them to put teams from the same conference meeting in early rounds - so break the country up in four regions and go from there

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 10:56 PM

They have stated they want to avoid early/first round matchups, but beyond that, they say they don't care (and we've seen a lot of SoCon/CAA/Big Sky/Atlantic potential rematches throughout the years). Of course, I imagine they try to not have obvious looming rematches, too.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 10:59 PM
The committee will focus in on regional alignment more than ever the playoffs are costing extra dollars by adding the extra week and slot - so expect them to put teams from the same conference meeting in early rounds - so break the country up in four regions and go from there

It's already been noted several times they will not match conference schools in the first playoff appearance for both teams.

Just an example:

They won't put Jacksonville State and SEMO in the first round since they are both in the OVC. They also won't place those teams against each other in the second round if they are both given byes. BUT if JSU were to play in the first round, then they could get paired up in the second round. That's the way I read it at least....

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 11:00 PM

The west will be interesting this year, as I think there are really four teams in the conversation (EWU, Montana State, NDSU, Stephen F. Austin). While I think it will make sense to group as many Atlantic teams as possible, there will likely be some really weird second round matchups (e.g., a B-C at EWU or something like that).