PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tech biggest win in history? !

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2010, 07:16 PM
It should read...school history - sorry!
TTU 35 - 24 over #4 Jacksonville State!!!
At least in the last 30 years, this is the biggest win in school history! I am puzzled at JSU's offensive play calling in the 2nd half, and 2 questionable PI's against JSU - but, those, too, were both late in the game.
At least this puts one helluva cap on an otherwise frustrating football season for me!

GO TECH!
Good luck SEMO (Congrats on OVC champs!) and JSU (they are VERY good, still!)

semoredhawk
November 20th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Congrats and thanks!!

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Without checking... I'm guessing Tennessee Tech has never won the OVC nor advanced to the playoffs (and if they did, did not amount to anything?)...

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
WOW! Way to go TTU! Jax State is a good team.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Per my signature...last OVC title was in 1975...a couple of bowl games back in the
70's, but no playoffs. Stop trying to bring me down!xlolx

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Per my signature...last OVC title was in 1975...a couple of bowl games back in the
70's, but no playoffs. Stop trying to bring me down!xlolx

No good wins in 1975?

Just figured a program that has been around since 1917 has some bigger wins than what is ultimately a meaningless Div I regular season game... then again, lost both Tangerine Bowls and the Grantland Rice Bowl... didn't you guys also win a OVC co-title before 1975 or does that not count because it was D2?

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Off the top of my head, I think TTU has won 7 or 8 OVC titles, but none since 1975 (#@*%). It is meaningless in terms of standings/postseason, just beating a top 5 team, no matter the division, is pretty special. Acutally, it may not be meaningless to the seniors or if they can carry some sort of momentum out of this into next year (fairly young team).
TTU also beat a ranked Jacksonville State team in Cookeville in 2004. TTU has had some big wins, but, as I wrote above, over a top 5 team is a big deal (to me).

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
TTU also beat a ranked Jacksonville State team in Cookeville in 2004. TTU has had some big wins, but, as I wrote above, over a top 5 team is a big deal (to me).

Definitely! Beating a top 5 team is awesome! We experienced the same thing early in the season when SEMO beat SIU and to make it better that was the first DI match-up in the new Saluki Stadium! I think that win really sparked our season and look where we're sitting today..

JSU02
November 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
EPIC MELTDOWN by our defense. Congrats TTU.