Lehigh/Georgia Southern winner @ #4 William & Mary
Eastern Washington @ #5 Stephen F. Austin

Robert Morris/Villanova winner @ #3 Delaware
Southeast Missouri @ Northern Iowa

Wofford @ Jacksonville State
New Hampshire/North Dakota State winner @ #2 Montana State

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Texas: would they pair us with Ga South again when we played them in the regular season?

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Wow, so you really think that not only is SCSU in, but they're not one of the last two in?

GSU has a win over APP STATE. SCSU has wins over... ummm... FAMU?

SCSU has a loss to B-CU, who in the computers was ranked in the 40's-70's BEFORE their loss to FAMU. They have no signature win (FAMU was almost in triple digit rankings in some computers!!!) and a bad loss.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Texas: would they pair us with Ga South again when we played them in the regular season?

Fixed. Good catch!

Wow, so you really think that not only is SCSU in, but they're not one of the last two in?

SCSU has a loss to B-CU, who in the computers was ranked in the 40's-70's BEFORE their loss to FAMU. They have no signature win (FAMU was almost in triple digit rankings in some computers!!!) and a bad loss.

Georgia Southern was on the bubble all week... I had South Carolina State 'locked' last week and their blowout win cemented that. Is GSU better than SCST? More than likely - yes. However, SCST had been IN and GSU had been OUT.

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I don't see why SCSU has been locked in. They've done nothing to deserve it since last season, and last season doesn't count.

Even using the Massey ratings compilation from last week, LU was higher than SCSU. This week, with both winning, but LU over a better opponent, LU should be in over them.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
looks really good to me...seeding is really hard this year.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Being west of the mississippi and my signature[aka the tune of about $300,000] should help NDSU get into the playoffs :). Too bad we lost, who knew Missouri state only had 3 points in them.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I don't see why SCSU has been locked in. They've done nothing to deserve it since last season, and last season doesn't count.

They were better positioned to get to their win total while GSU was four points away from not even reaching seven wins and being listed. I thought GSU would lose today on the road to Furman and let a Liberty sneak in... was wrong obviously, but GSU is the last team in because they were not projected on my bracket board to get in...

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:54 PM
They were better positioned to get to their win total while GSU was four points away from not even reaching seven wins and being listed. I thought GSU would lose today on the road to Furman and let a Liberty sneak in... was wrong obviously, but GSU is the last team in because they were not projected on my bracket board to get in...

Fair enough, I guess we all have our hunches.

Would you say then, if you're wrong about SCSU, that LU would be next in line?

inpsite1919
November 20th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I have no complaints

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Looks good to me.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Fair enough, I guess we all have our hunches.

Would you say then, if you're wrong about SCSU, that LU would be next in line?

If I am wrong about any team, Liberty would be the next team in line...

Most years, I figure I'm only of on one team... would be upsetting IMO if the MEAC and OVC do not get two bids this year.

Georgia Southern got all the wins it needed - including Montana State's and Stephen F Austin's to help get them in...

AAadict
November 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Would UD welcome a return trip for Nova? Oh yes! Playoff win trumps regular season loss...right?

Drblankstare
November 20th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I just dont see the MVC getting 3 teams. Its been a down year for the confernce. I just wont understand letting NDSU in after todays loss.

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
If I am wrong about any team, Liberty would be the next team in line...

Most years, I figure I'm only of on one team... would be upsetting IMO if the MEAC and OVC do not get two bids this year.

Georgia Southern got all the wins it needed - including Montana State's and Stephen F Austin's to help get them in...

I feel GSU is solidly in ahead of any MEAC, Big South, PFL, or NDSU. I'd say they're in ahead of SEMO, as well, but that's moot since SEMO will be in.

Curious why the MEAC is so deserving of a second bid? They have one true OOC win out of something like 12 tries (Savannah State may technically be OOC for them, but I'm not counting that since they're transitioning), and that was SCSU over winless Mississippi Valley State. The MEAC is the lowest rated by Sagarin and second lowest rated by the GPI. It deserves no pity from the committee.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I just dont see the MVC getting 3 teams. Its been a down year for the confernce. I just wont understand letting NDSU in after todays loss.

Which of the below teams do you put in? NDSU got the 'nod' after reviewing various ratings, ranking systems... I'd have to bet that NDSU of the two on the bubble, are the most likely to miss out... by a long shot.

Big South: Liberty
MEAC: Florida A&M
Northeast: Central Connecticut State
Patriot: Colgate
Pioneer: Jacksonville, Dayton
SWAC: Jackson State

Mr. C
November 20th, 2010, 07:06 PM
There is absolutely NO WAY that the committee would force Delaware to play Villanova in back-to-back games. When you do brackets, you have to be logical. K.C. Keeler would be jumping off of Delaware Stadium if that happened. It would be more likely for Villanova to be bracketed with William & Mary. Also, even Delaware people don't think they are going to be seeded over William & Mary. William & Mary is the CAA auto bid and the Tribe BEAT Delaware head-to-head.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Robert Morris/Villanova winner @ #3 Delaware
Southeast Missouri @ Northern Iowa

I like this bracket. I want 'Nova blood and I don't want to wait another year for it.

Old Cat Fan
November 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Terror, I would think that if UNH and Nova were both in the (play-in ) first round that UNH would get a home game before Nova, but Nova might have deep pockets

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
With WIU beating UNI today, what are the chances that WIU gets a bid?

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 07:16 PM
With WIU beating UNI today, what are the chances that WIU gets a bid?

WIU is in. Nothing to worry about IMO. The UNI win got them in the 'safe'.

Terror, I would think that if UNH and Nova were both in the (play-in ) first round that UNH would get a home game before Nova, but Nova might have deep pockets

Figured that 'Nova had deeper pockets. They did win a national championship recently and does not seem that historically that UNH draws well, particularly in the playoffs...

jmufan999
November 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM
absolutely ridiculous if the MEAC gets two in. i'm not blaming you, Terror... you might be right. but they've proven absolutely nothing, year after year.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I really hope Woffy and GSU are in the same side of the bracket with Appy on the other side :D

Drblankstare
November 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Its a tough choice. Maybe Jack or Lib. The truth is, is that it wont be a crime if NDSU gets in. I just dont think that the commitee will break Fargo's way after not scoring a point in a win and in game, thats my gut. No brains involved.

parr90
Being west of the mississippi and my signature[aka the tune of about $300,000] should help NDSU get into the playoffs :). Too bad we lost, who knew Missouri state only had 3 points in them.

How many folks do yall get in that dome in the picture you have?

Skjellyfetti
absolutely ridiculous if the MEAC gets two in. i'm not blaming you, Terror... you might be right. but they've proven absolutely nothing, year after year.

I think everyone that watched the SCSU game last year would think they proved they belonged. They didn't win. But, App was very, very fortunate to advance. (blocked field goal returned for TD... 10 point swing at end of game).

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM

When did the OVC last win? They will be getting two teams in as well. Hasn't the MEAC won more recently? I know FAMU and NC A&T had runs in the late 90s, early 00s, right?

No_Skill
November 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
How many folks do yall get in that dome in the picture you have?

Stated capacity is 18,700. The record attendance is 19,053.

WIU02
November 20th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Which of the below teams do you put in? NDSU got the 'nod' after reviewing various ratings, ranking systems... I'd have to bet that NDSU of the two on the bubble, are the most likely to miss out... by a long shot.

Big South: Liberty
MEAC: Florida A&M
Northeast: Central Connecticut State
Patriot: Colgate
Pioneer: Jacksonville, Dayton
SWAC: Jackson State

I have to agree with this. As much as I'd like to see a third team from the MVC get in, I don't see it happening with the other two already with 7-4 records. NDSU and WIU flip flopped today. NDSU had fate in their own hands and didn't pull it out. The only way I see them in is because of their check book.

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I think everyone that watched the SCSU game last year would think they proved they belonged. They didn't win. But, App was very, very fortunate to advance. (blocked field goal returned for TD... 10 point swing at end of game).

When did the OVC last win? They will be getting two teams in as well. Hasn't the MEAC won more recently? I know FAMU and NC A&T had runs in the late 90s, early 00s, right?

It's things like this that make this process a joke. If anything other than 2010 factors into the decision, it's unfair to everyone involved. SCSU gets no credit for playing App well on ESPN. The MEAC gets no cred for past success that happened a decade ago.

And I believe Hampton had some really solid teams back then, as well. For discussions sake.

Klandbulldog
November 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM

Thank you Skjellyfetti...SCSU will make some noise this year in the playoffs...not sure about Bethune, the injury to there QB may be too much to over come if he's not playing...

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Thank you Skjellyfetti...SCSU will make some noise this year in the playoffs...not sure about Bethune, the injury to there QB may be too much to over come if he's not playing...

I'm hoping SCSU will make noise "during" the playoffs, since the Bulldogs will get left on the porch while the Bison and Flames are let into the party.

rcny46
November 20th, 2010, 07:36 PM

That's why I think I'd prefer to watch the selection show sunday morning,and get a more realistic take on what ends up going down.

Klandbulldog
November 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
It's things like this that make this process a joke. If anything other than 2010 factors into the decision, it's unfair to everyone involved.

But that's how its done..prior years do factor in. You see that in everything especially with ALL polls on any level..fcs or bcs.....

Old Cat Fan
November 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Stated capacity is 18,700. The record attendance is 19,053.

Please NCAA I'll give some of my paycheck, just keep the Wildcats away from a Dome and the State of Montana xbangxxbangxxbangx

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
But that's how its done..prior years do factor in. You see that in everything especially with ALL polls on any level..fcs or bcs.....

Just doesn't seem fair. It's the 2010 playoffs, not the 2000's playoffs. Oh well.

Klandbulldog
November 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'm hoping SCSU will make noise "during" the playoffs, since the Bulldogs will get left on the porch while the Bison and Flames are let into the party.

Sorry to disappoint you...but the Flame will be put out before the Bulldogs are left on the porch for the 2010 playoffs...

Klandbulldog
November 20th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Just doesn't seem fair. It's the 2010 playoffs, not the 2000's playoffs. Oh well.

I agree with you, not fair at all...I hate preseason polls.....

SDSUAlum08
November 20th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Here are a few of my picks with mileage for "geographic" measures...

Conference Champs

Big Sky: Montana St
Big South: Coastal Carolina
Colonial: Delaware
MEAC: Bethune-Cookman
Missouri Valley: UNI
Northeast: Robert Morris
Ohio Valley: Jacksonville St
Patriot: Lehigh
SOCON: ASU
Southland: SF Austin

Seeds
1. ASU
2. EWU
3. William & Mary
4. Jacksonville State
5. Delaware

First Round Byes
SF Austin
Montana State
UNH
Wofford
Villanova
SE Missouri State
UNI

First Rounders
WIU
NDSU
GSU
SCSU
Bethune Cookman
Robert Morris
Lehigh
Coastal Carolina

First Round Match ups

Bethune Cookman @ GSU (268 miles)
Coastal Carolina @ SCSU (134 miles)
Robert Morris @ Lehigh (327 miles)
WIU @ NDSU (677 miles)

Second Round Match Ups
Coastal Carolina/SCSU @ #1 ASU (267/231 miles)
SE Missouri St @ UNI (448 miles)

SF Austin @ #5 Delaware
Bethune Cookman/GSU @ #4 Jacksonville St (423/250 miles)

Robert Morris/Lehigh @ #3 William & Mary (391/403 miles)
Wofford @ Villanova (604 miles)

WIU/NDSU @ #2 EWU (1,656/1,237 miles)
UNH @ Montana State (2,316 miles)

No way WIU and NDSU play each other when they're in the same conference.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM

UNH isn't going to get a home game with its facility problems. The only time since 1994 that UNH has hosted was when the Wildcats were the No. 1 seed in the tournament.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2010, 07:54 PM
No way WIU and NDSU play each other when they're in the same conference.

By rule, conference teams can't meet in the first round.

Appattk
November 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Just caught that... knew it was too good to be true. Update will come later

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Just caught that... knew it was too good to be true. Update will come later

Crap, I REALLY liked your brackets.

Appattk
November 20th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Let's try this again...

Conference Champs

Ohio Valley: SE Missouri St

Seeds
1. ASU
2. EWU
3. William & Mary
4. Delaware
5. SF Austin

First Round Byes
Montana State
UNH
Wofford
Jacksonville St
Villanova
SE Missouri State
UNI

First Rounders
WIU
NDSU
GSU
SCSU
Bethune Cookman
Robert Morris
Lehigh
Coastal Carolina

First Round Match ups

WIU @ Lehigh (865 miles)
Robert Morris @ NDSU (865 miles)

Second Round Match Ups

Wofford @ Jacksonville State (269 miles)

Villanova @ #5 SF Austin (1,439 miles)
Bethune Cookman/GSU @ #4 Delaware (783/604 miles)

WIU/Lehigh @ #3 William & Mary (788/403 miles)
SE Missouri State @ UNI (448 miles)

Robert Morris/NDSU @ #2 EWU (2,251/973 miles)

jlcharles
November 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Let's try this again...

Conference Champs

Seeds
1. ASU
2. EWU
3. William & Mary
4. Delaware
5. SF Austin

First Round Byes
Montana State
UNH
Wofford
Jacksonville St
Villanova
SE Missouri State
UNI

First Rounders
WIU
NDSU
GSU
SCSU
Bethune Cookman
Robert Morris
Lehigh
Coastal Carolina

First Round Match ups

WIU @ Lehigh (865 miles)

Second Round Match Ups

Just a clarification, but I think W&M gets the CAA autobid on the virtue of their head to head victory over UD. Not that it matters in your bracket anyway.

parr90
November 20th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Crap, I REALLY liked your brackets.

Not to change the subject GaSouthern but I was looking at the GSU home records you have listed at the bottom of the page. I dont think we have played Troy 7 times at home. Matter of fact I dont think we have played Troy 7 times total have we? Maybe we have but at home?

R.A.
November 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Wow... the MEAC Hatefest is in FULL SWING ON The Any Given Saturday board... it usually happens around this time of the year.

ngineer
November 20th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Let's try this again...

Conference Champs

Seeds
1. ASU
2. EWU
3. William & Mary
4. Delaware
5. SF Austin

First Round Byes
Montana State
UNH
Wofford
Jacksonville St
Villanova
SE Missouri State
UNI

First Rounders
WIU
NDSU
GSU
SCSU
Bethune Cookman
Robert Morris
Lehigh
Coastal Carolina

First Round Match ups

WIU @ Lehigh (865 miles)

Second Round Match Ups

That would be interesting. WIU gets a 'return' visit with Lehigh to redress their undressing in 2000 playoffs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2010, 08:44 PM
The Umass loss really makes things interesting. A lot of the Lehigh faithful after the game believed Lehigh was heading to Amherst but i was able to inform those on my bus that they had lost to URI. As it stands now i have no idea where the Hawks will end up. I honestly believe they deserve to be at home. 9 D1 wins and 2 losses against great teams should be enough to earn one more game at Goodman.

VUCats02
November 20th, 2010, 08:46 PM
You can't have regular season matchups in the first round of the playoffs right?

Ud1Hens
November 20th, 2010, 08:46 PM
It's not about your 9-2 record that will dictate a home game...how much $$$$$ can you guarentee at the gate?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2010, 08:51 PM
It's not about your 9-2 record that will dictate a home game...how much $$$$$ can you guarentee at the gate?

I believe Lehigh will pony up the money. They have in the past and the athletic dept sent out a letter saying they are actively seeking, hoping for a home game. The attendance was down this year compared to past years but with a lot of the local HS's out of their playoffs i believe Lehigh could do some damage at the gate next Saturday. You could tell the excitement and energy was finally starting to return last week at GTown.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 08:51 PM
The Umass loss really makes things interesting. A lot of the Lehigh faithful after the game believed Lehigh was heading to Amherst but i was able to inform those on my bus that they had lost to URI. As it stands now i have no idea where the Hawks will end up. I honestly believe they deserve to be at home. 9 D1 wins and 2 losses against great teams should be enough to earn one more game at Goodman.

With the way things broke today, I think there's a shot that Lehigh gets a bye. How about a 2nd round matchup with the Hens?

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Wow... the MEAC Hatefest is in FULL SWING ON The Any Given Saturday board... it usually happens around this time of the year.

Funny thing is the TexasTerror (that's me) has the MEAC's back. If you read the SWAC fans' opinion, you wouldn't believe it! ;)

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Funny thing is the TexasTerror (that's me) has the MEAC's back. If you read the SWAC fans' opinion, you wouldn't believe it! ;)

Really hard to know what to do with the MEAC teams at this point. Figured an undefeated Bethune team would certainly get a home game, but hard not to think that any teams will be playing first round games at this point.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
That would be interesting. WIU gets a 'return' visit with Lehigh to redress their undressing in 2000 playoffs.

Would love it! Still disappointed with that game!

soccerguy315
November 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
First Round Match ups

WIU @ Lehigh (865 miles)

Second Round Match Ups

Dear Committee - please use this bracket. Thanks.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Here is my swing at this:

The seeds
Appalachian State
Eastern Washington
Stephen F. Austin
William & Mary
Delaware

First round byes
Montana State
Northern Iowa
Wofford
Jacksonville State
Southeast Missouri State
New Hampshire
Villanova

First round
Georgia Southern
Western Illinois
Bethune Cookman
Robert Morris
Lehigh
Jacksonville
Liberty
Coastal Carolina

First round
Jacksonville @ Georgia Southern
Coastal Carolina @ Bethune Cookman
Western Illinois @ Liberty
Lehigh @ Robert Morris

Second round
Appalachian State vs. CCU/BCU
New Hampshire @ SEMO

William & Mary vs. Lehigh/RMU
Montana State vs. Northern Iowa

Eastern Washington vs. WIU/Liberty
Wofford @ Villanova

SFA vs. Jacksonville/GSU
Jacksonville State @ Delaware

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Here is my swing at this:

Second round
Appalachian State vs. CCU/BCU
New Hampshire @ SEMO

This works for me!

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM

God I would give anything to see WIU and CCU paired up!

Cincy App
November 20th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Decisions by the Playoff Selection Committee regarding the last 2 teams in the field and the top 5 seeds will be interesting.

I believe there are 18 “locks” for the field. I think there are 5 teams competing for the final two spots. In order, I rank them SC State, ND State, Liberty, Montana, and Jacksonville. I know Montana has only 6 D-1 wins but I still believe they will be in the discussion. Of course, we all seem to regularly miss one – so Liberty may still have a good shot!

Regarding seeds, there are 6 teams fighting for the 5 spots. Eastern Washington is an interesting case. They will likely be ranked #2 in the polls but did not win their auto bid. Anyway, I’m guessing SF Austin will be the odd team out in the seeds. I also have ASU as the #1 seed but there is not a dominant #1 team in this year’s field.

My projection follows:

First Round:
Coastal Carolina at SC State
New Hampshire at Lehigh
Robert Morris at ND State
Bethune Cookman at Ga Southern

Second Round:
SCSU/ Coastal winner at #1 Appalachian St
Wofford at Jacksonville St
Lehigh/ UNH at #4 Delaware
SF Austin at #5 E. Washington
NDSU/ R. Morris at #2 William & Mary
Villanova at Northern Iowa
GSU/ BC at #3 Montana State
SE Missouri at Western Illinois

Looking forward to tomorrow morning’s announcement of the playoff field!

appfan2008
November 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
everyone seems to have us with the opportunity to open against scsu AGAIN... cant we find someone else to play app?

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 10:09 PM
everyone seems to have us with the opportunity to open against scsu AGAIN... cant we find someone else to play app?

The winner of CCU vs. ?

soccerguy315
November 20th, 2010, 10:12 PM

yea, if you lose a few more games next year i'm sure they would be happy to send you on an airplane somewhere else, lol. There are only so many options with the geography/driving rules.

WestCoastAggie
November 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM
is ODU elgible for the playoffs?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
AUTOMATIC BIDS
Big Sky: Montana State
Colonial: William & Mary
Missouri Valley: Northern Iowa
Ohio Valley: Southeast Missouri
Southern: Appalachian State
Southland: Stephen F. Austin

AT-LARGE
Big Sky: Eastern Washington
Colonial: Delaware, New Hampshire, Villanova
MEAC: South Carolina State
Missouri Valley: Western Illinois, North Dakota State
Ohio Valley: Jacksonville State
SoCon: Wofford, Georgia Southern

Seeds:
#1 Appalachian State
#2 Stephen F. Austin
#3 Montana State
#4 Eastern Washington
#5 Wofford

wild card
New Hampshire @ GSU
Robert Morris @ South Carolina State
Lehigh @ North Dakota State
Coastal @ Jacksonville State

first round

RMU/SC State Winner @ #1 Appalachian State
Bethune Cookman @ Villanova

New Hampshire/GSU winner @ #4 Eastern Washington
Western Illinois @ #5 Wofford

Lehigh/NDSU winner @ #2 Stephen F. Austin
Eastern Washington @ Delaware

Southeast Missouri @ #3 Montana State
Northern Iowa @ William and Mary

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 10:18 PM

I've heard that both ways, honestly, with some saying that as they were Div. I already there was a moratorium, and others saying there was the standard waiting period. The best answer I saw (wish I could recall where) was that they were eligibile as they were already Division I and had scheduled the requisite number of DI games. A quick search shows that there are a few more people saying they are eligible than not.

I think they're towards the bottom of the bubble, but definitely should at least be in the "seven DI wins" set.

UNHFootballAlum
November 20th, 2010, 10:21 PM

I agree with this.

tandemlax
November 20th, 2010, 10:23 PM

Yes, ODU is elligible. I can't see any scenario under which the Monarchs could get in ahead of Jacksonville. Or Dayton, since very little seems to separate the overall profiles of the PFL squads. I do think ODU could definitely beat many of the playoff teams on ags, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the tourney in 2012

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I swear, I am going to go on a rampage with all these people predicting Jacksonville getting in over NDSU.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I swear, I am going to go on a rampage with all these people predicting Jacksonville getting in over NDSU.

They have a better record and they got wins when they needed to get them! NDSU didn't. Just because the Bison play in the MVFC doesn't mean their $#*% don't stink. Get over it.

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM
They have a better record and they got wins when they needed to get them! NDSU didn't. Just because the Bison play in the MVFC doesn't mean their $#*% don't stink. Get over it.

If NDSU played Jacksonville on a neutral field, NDSU would win by at least 3 TD's.

DetroitFlyer
November 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
If NDSU played Jacksonville on a neutral field, NDSU would win by at least 3 TD's.

Only in your dreams.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM

So since you think it is so easy, schedule them and show us. Ever heard of an upset?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I don't see how North Dakota State doesn't get in.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 10:38 PM

So, that would mean NDSU is about as good as Appalachian State, then? ASU beat Jacksonville at home by 31, and you figure the Rock is probably good for ten points or so, right?

Given how close NDSU plays teams (only two games with such a three touchdown win), if you're giving me 21 point spread, no offense but I'll take that bet against you every time. :) NDSU is probably better than Jacksonville, but this just seems like homer hysteria.

Even if NDSU would win by 21, that doesn't negate Redhawk2010's points on why the committee might look at Jacksonville over NDSU. You never know what those eggheads in a closed room will do.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I don't see how North Dakota State doesn't get in.

They're a middle-of-the-road team in a conference that is admittedly down this year. They have one quality win that could be argued whether it's even quality or not..

Da Coach
November 20th, 2010, 10:41 PM

Shoulda taken care of business today and you wouldn't be beggin for support tonight (and tomorrow!) You had your fate in your own hands and laid an egg. Now you could be on the outside looking in. Don't think your pocketbook will "buy" you a seat at the table, either. I'm just sayin'...

Da Coach
November 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM

How 'bout if ya played Southwest Missouri State on a neutral field???

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
How 'bout if ya played Southwest Missouri State on a neutral field???

That then I am not so sure of.

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
LOL - NDSU by 3 TDs...and they can't get 3 pts against Missouri State?

LehighFan11
November 21st, 2010, 12:18 AM
NDSU may have some talent on their team but if the committee can find a deserving team, they should be the last one out. To lose 0-3 to a mid/bottom MVC team when a W locks a playoff bid is completely sad. They showed they don't want it. I'd favor teams that finished a season strong.

ToTheLeft
November 21st, 2010, 12:24 AM

I'll join you and take out those picking SCSU over Liberty.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2010, 12:37 AM
How many folks do yall get in that dome in the picture you have? A little over 19000 not counting staff.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM
I agree with most of you that WIU wrapped up a spot in the playoffs with the win over UNI and some help from other teams.
That being said, there's a couple of predictions that people have made of WIU getting a first round bye, and I think one case, a second round home game. As amazing as that would be, I don't think we deserve it at this point. Doesn't matter if you're basing it on actual team performance (has been questionable at times), or actual revenue that we'd be able to produce/chip in (we wouldn't and we, like most Illinois schools, have no money right now).

At this point, I'm just hoping that wherever we go next weekend, we're able to win, and then, if we're extremely lucky, get one more home game before our season is over.

JMUNJ08
November 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Would UD welcome a return trip for Nova? Oh yes! Playoff win trumps regular season loss...right?

A 2004 road playoff win against W&M was ALOT sweeter than the sting of a home loss during the regular season!

emilimo701
November 21st, 2010, 02:21 AM

Figured that 'Nova had deeper pockets. They did win a national championship recently and does not seem that historically that UNH draws well, particularly in the playoffs...

UNH draws very well. seen it first person. and check out their attendance. playoffs are a sure and quick sellout. it's just that they can't seat more than 10k

emilimo701
November 21st, 2010, 02:44 AM
Coastal Carolina @ SC State --|
at |---|
Appalachian State (1) --| |
|---|
Wofford --| | |
at |---| |
Jacksonville State --| |
|---|
New Hampshire --| | |
at |---| | |
Eastern Washington (5) --| | | |
|---| |
W Illinois @ Georgia Southern --| | |
at |---| |
William & Mary (4) --| |
|
Bethune-Cookman @ N Dakota St --| |
at |---| |
Montana State (3) --| | |
|---| |
Southeast Missouri State --| | | |
at |---| | |
Northern Iowa --| | |
|---|
Villanova --| |
at |---| |
Stephen F. Austin --| | |
|---|
Robert Morris @ Lehigh --| |
at |---|
Delaware (2) --|

emilimo701 FTW

we shall see tomorrow though.

and yes, it pained me to do that. it was sort of a bittersweet feeling (emphasis on the bitter). but i couldn't skip out on the last week of the season xbawlingx

CAAisBOSS
November 21st, 2010, 02:48 AM
Coastal Carolina @ SC State --|
at |---|
Appalachian State (1) --| |
|---|
Wofford --| | |
at |---| |
Jacksonville State --| |
|---|
New Hampshire --| | |
at |---| | |
Eastern Washington (5) --| | | |
|---| |
W Illinois @ Georgia Southern --| | |
at |---| |
William & Mary (4) --| |
|
Bethune-Cookman @ N Dakota St --| |
at |---| |
Montana State (3) --| | |
|---| |
Southeast Missouri State --| | | |
at |---| | |
Northern Iowa --| | |
|---|
Villanova --| |
at |---| |
Stephen F. Austin --| | |
|---|
Robert Morris @ Lehigh --| |
at |---|
Delaware (2) --|

emilimo701 FTW

we shall see tomorrow though.

and yes, it pained me to do that. it was sort of a bittersweet feeling (emphasis on the bitter). but i couldn't skip out on the last week of the season xbawlingx

not that i matters and not to be a whiney WM fan but deleware has no basis to be seeded ahead of WM. after tonight's showing... id be scared to play wm in the playoffs

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2010, 03:13 PM
My initial post effort was PRETTY strong... ;)