PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Scenario in the Big South

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Folks, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Liberty has 27 points right now and if they finish with 41 and beat Stony Brook, then even the 4th tiebreaker of points allowed in conference games will end in a tie at 109. 5th tiebreaker is the Sagarin rating heading into today. Stony Brook comes in at #176 and CCU at #187. WHat's amazing is that I'm sure CCU would be ahead after the results of today's games if SBU loses.

Crazy scenario. So SBU is the AQ unless they lose and Stony Brook has 42+.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 05:20 PM
DIdn't take long for Liberty to blow this away. Looks like CCU will get the AQ out of the Big South. Pretty incredible way to decide a title.

Have the Flames done enough to secure the 20th bid in the field?

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Flames have 50+ CCU is playoff bound

Baldy
November 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Flames have 50+ CCU is playoff bound
First round, CCU @ GSU??? xeyebrowx

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:20 PM

OH I HOPE SO. That would be a great game!

B&G
November 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Coastal vs SCSU would make sense too... If SCSU were to make it of course. xconfusedx

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I was hoping for CCU WIU to go against my big brother, but I know that won't happen.

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM

Would they pair us withyou again when we played you guys in the regular season?

Cincy App
November 20th, 2010, 06:54 PM

In prior playoffs, there have been many rematches in the first round of teams which squared off in the regular season. It's all about geography. With that said, I think the Playoff Selection Committee would seek another "bus trip" matchup if one is available (i.e. - SC State would be possible if they make the field).

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM
In prior playoffs, there have been many rematches in the first round of teams which squared off in the regular season. It's all about geography. With that said, I think the Playoff Selection Committee would seek another "bus trip" matchup if one is available (i.e. - SC State would be possible if they make the field).

B-CU is a bus trip from GSU and CCU as well, aren't they?

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM

I fully respect CCU but I hope not, i'd hope they would pair us each with someone we have yet to play this season, I think we both deserve that.

bodoyle
November 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I fully respect CCU but I hope not, i'd hope they would pair us each with someone we have yet to play this season, I think we both deserve that.

It will be an interesting week on your message boards if we get paired together. Your guys just lovvvvvve me! ;)

walliver
November 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM

The only rule I know of is that teams from the same conference can't be paired in the 1st round.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM
It will be an interesting week on your message boards if we get paired together. Your guys just lovvvvvve me! ;)

I know we can dish it but I think GSU fans are pretty good about taking it on Talon Talk too, good fun had by all :)

I am looking forward to hosting CCU again at home for the first time since 2006.