PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the 146th Lehigh - Lafayette Game

LUHawker
November 18th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I started this over on the Lehigh board but I think more folks are smack-talking on AGS, so I'm putting this up here as well:

Last year, few folks outside of Lehigh gave us a chance to win (although I think one of the ESPN analysts actually picked us). Lehigh was better than its 3-7 record at the time (although you are what your record says you are) and played several tough games with close losses and improved throughout the year. I'm not sure that you can make the same exact analogy because I don't think Lafayette has really been on the cusp of "breaking through" and being a good team, but they are probably better than their 2-8 record.

If Lehigh gets up early, I think this game could be a blow-out, but given the high emotions of the game, I'm not predicting just that. I think Lehigh is much more stout on defense than the Leopards and this game will come down to how well Lehigh executes on offense. LC's special teams play has been a horror show this year, so I think we've got the advantage in all three phases of the game.

While qualifying all the comments with "you can throw the records out" and "it's a rivalry game", I think Lehigh should be favored by 14 or more.

I am going with a 35-16 Lehigh to cap off a very solid campaign this year giving us momentum going into the playoffs where I hope we will avenge our early season losses with one or more playoff victories.

Go LEHIGH, Beat the Pards!

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I started this over on the Lehigh board but I think more folks are smack-talking on AGS, so I'm putting this up here as well:

Last year, few folks outside of Lehigh gave us a chance to win (although I think one of the ESPN analysts actually picked us). Lehigh was better than its 3-7 record at the time (although you are what your record says you are) and played several tough games with close losses and improved throughout the year. I'm not sure that you can make the same exact analogy because I don't think Lafayette has really been on the cusp of "breaking through" and being a good team, but they are probably better than their 2-8 record.

If Lehigh gets up early, I think this game could be a blow-out, but given the high emotions of the game, I'm not predicting just that. I think Lehigh is much more stout on defense than the Leopards and this game will come down to how well Lehigh executes on offense. LC's special teams play has been a horror show this year, so I think we've got the advantage in all three phases of the game.

While qualifying all the comments with "you can throw the records out" and "it's a rivalry game", I think Lehigh should be favored by 14 or more.

I am going with a 35-16 Lehigh to cap off a very solid campaign this year giving us momentum going into the playoffs where I hope we will avenge our early season losses with one or more playoff victories.

Go LEHIGH, Beat the Pards!

This year the Leopards lost 4 games by 5 points or less, and two games by 10 points. Only Harvard beat us up. The 2010 Leopards are extremely similar to the 09 brown chickens.

You got crushed by 2 CAA teams that probably wont make the playoffs. You may beat Robert Morris, but that is all. Please take off the brown colored glasses.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Predictions?

It will be a close game, I'd take Lafayette on the 11.5 point line and over 47.5 points.

O'Neil outplays Lum.

Lafayette committs special teams sins: misses a FG and Lehigh has a huge KO run back.

Pards surprisingly get their ground game going as O'Neil spreads the ball around.

Lehigh recievers are given too much room underneath and exploit the middle of the field.

Lehigh fans and/or team commits some classless act that has everyone talking.

Lehigh gets demolished in the first round of the playoffs if they play a seeded team.

ps Lehigh is the worst 8-2 team the PL has had in awhile, much worse than last year's Colgate team.

Lehigh wins 30-28.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Well, you can also take solace in the fact that they are the worst team that the PL has sent to the playoffs, ever.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Predictions?

It will be a close game, I'd take Lafayette on the 11.5 point line and over 47.5 points.

O'Neil outplays Lum.

Lafayette committs special teams sins: misses a FG and Lehigh has a huge KO run back.

Pards surprisingly get their ground game going as O'Neil spreads the ball around.

Lehigh recievers are given too much room underneath and exploit the middle of the field.

Lehigh fans and/or team commits some classless act that has everyone talking.

Lehigh gets demolished in the first round of the playoffs if they play a seeded team.

ps Lehigh is the worst 8-2 team the PL has had in awhile, much worse than last year's Colgate team.

Lehigh wins 30-28.

Unfortunantly the PL was terrible this year. The only Lehigh win that showed me something was Harvard. The Colgate win was impressive, but that was a severly wounded Gate squad.

We can allow the Lehigh faithful to have an inflated sense of self worth for a few more days.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Wow. Just wow.

There's already a Lehigh-Lafayette thread. And a Patriot League Pick 'em thread, the purpose of which is to predict the score of the Lafayette-Lehigh game and the other league games.

Now, a separate thread for the "entitled" to squawk about their aberrant record this year. Good gawd I want you to lose; with every breath and beat of my heart I need you to lose. No soul deserves perpetual agony, but Lehigh sure as hell comes close.

I don't need to predict the score in this game. In fact no one needs to predict it. Nostradamus already predicted the outcome of this game, more than 500 years ago. In his famous Quatrains, Nostradamus wrote:

Leo attacks at the Gaul palace by land,
It is countered by the master of air.
The mechanics will fail to conquer by tourney's end,
Their flaws exposed for all who care.

Chew on that one for a while. It's a prophecy. I'm saying 44-6, Leopards. And you're getting pummeled by some NEC team or whatever in the playoffs.

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Well, you can also take solace in the fact that they are the worst team that the PL has sent to the playoffs, ever.
That is a league problem, not a Lehigh problem. Bash Lehigh all you want for the upcoming playoff blowout if it makes you feel any better. I guess the PL should pack their bags and move to DII.

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Rivalry emotions aside, this game is a blowout. However, I doubt Lehigh plays well enough to make this a blowout. No doubt Lehigh will come in unfocused and cocky. Lafayette will play hard and hope for a win so they can kind of forget about how awful a season they had. Lafayette hangs around into the 2nd half, but never takes the lead. I'm expecting an ugly turnover filled game. Lehigh 24-10.

ngineer
November 18th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Depends on whether Laugheyette comes out in the "Black Leotards" sans tutu. If O'Neill can get his ballerina slippers on right and pretend he's not throwing a pass to Ali McGraw, the spotted pussies can make it 'interesting' for a bit. But the superior team will prevail and Lehigh wins 27-17.