PDA

View Full Version : Woffed Again?

TypicalTribe
November 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
It seems like everyone has Wofford already in the field heading into the last week of the season. However, if they lose to Chattanooga, what in their resume is so convincing that they would clearly merit an at-large? With a loss, they would be 7-3 in FCS play with nothing of note OOC. Would the two point win at GSU really be enough to hang their hats on? I think the Terriers need to win on Saturday.

blazrdog#1
November 17th, 2010, 12:43 PM
the playoffs will allow!As Buford T. Justice and Bochepus have stated:"You NEED an attitude adjustment."(as well as the rest of the CAA!!) xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxnodxxnodx

WestCoastAggie
November 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
the playoffs will allow!As Buford T. Justice and Bochepus have stated:"You NEED an attitude adjustment."(as well as the rest of the CAA!!) xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxnodxxnodx

+1

appfan2008
November 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
they would be 7-2 in fcs play

TypicalTribe
November 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM

This is not a CAA-centric argument. Let's put UD, W&M (with a win over UR), EWU, MSU, UM (beats MSU), BCC, Lehigh, SBU, RMU, JSU, SEMO, SFA, UNI, NDSU and ASU in. That's 15 teams. Other at-large candidates:

UNH
UMass
Chattanooga
GSU
SCSU

Could be nail-biting time.

Saint3333
November 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM
An 8-3 SoCon team will never miss the playoffs again, Wofford is 100% in.

SoCon breaks down pretty easily:

ASU - IN
WC - IN
UTC - Win and IN
GSU - Win and UTC loss IN

gophoenix
November 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM
It seems like everyone has Wofford already in the field heading into the last week of the season. However, if they lose to Chattanooga, what in their resume is so convincing that they would clearly merit an at-large? With a loss, they would be 7-3 in FCS play with nothing of note OOC. Would the two point win at GSU really be enough to hang their hats on? I think the Terriers need to win on Saturday.

But all week we've heard how, well, the CAA has basically 2 Quality wins as a conference in OOC play; one of which being over Elon.

So, how is Wofford any different than, well, any of the other CAA short of Richmond (who beat Elon, just like Wofford, except it took extra time for Richmond to do it) and JMU (who beat VT).

henfan
November 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Additional at-large spots equals even more teams with modest resumes whining that they got shafted.xbawlingx The ridiculousness is going to get worse, not better.

Let's just give trophies and juiceboxes to every FCS team and call it a day.

TypicalTribe
November 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
But all week we've heard how, well, the CAA has basically 2 Quality wins as a conference in OOC play; one of which being over Elon.

So, how is Wofford any different than, well, any of the other CAA short of Richmond (who beat Elon, just like Wofford, except it took extra time for Richmond to do it) and JMU (who beat VT).

This is not a Wofford vs. CAA argument, just that I thought it was less of a sure thing for an at-large than it's being assumed. However, to take the likely scenario, Wofford, UNH and UMass would all have 7 FCS wins. UMass would hang its hat on beating W&M. I think UNH is about a tossup with Wofford. But that was my point, that it's not an automatic.

Say it came down to 2 bids and GSU, UNH and Wofford were the last 3 teams being considered. Who gets in?

CharlestonAppFan
November 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Additional at-large spots equals even more teams with modest resumes whining that they got shafted.xbawlingx The ridiculousness is going to get worse, not better.

Let's just give trophies and juiceboxes to every FCS team and call it a day.

Isn't that called FBS and the bowl system? xeyebrowx :D

aust42
November 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM
2002 was the biggest tragedy in the history of the 1AA playoffs. Wofford beats Ap State & Georgia Southern head to head and they all finish 8-3, yet Wofford does not get a bid and Georgia Southern and Ap do. Wow. It's all about money, and since Wofford couldn't host any games with a decent bid that was surely their demise that year.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 17th, 2010, 03:28 PM
This is not a Wofford vs. CAA argument, just that I thought it was less of a sure thing for an at-large than it's being assumed. However, to take the likely scenario, Wofford, UNH and UMass would all have 7 FCS wins. UMass would hang its hat on beating W&M. I think UNH is about a tossup with Wofford. But that was my point, that it's not an automatic.

Say it came down to 2 bids and GSU, UNH and Wofford were the last 3 teams being considered. Who gets in?

UNH beat Richmond, JMU, UMass & Villanova. Your guys were lucky to catch them the week after they pounded UMass.

I don't think you want to see them in the second round --- the committee has been known to do strange things like that, though, haven't they?

xlolx

henfan
November 17th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Isn't that called FBS and the bowl system? xeyebrowx :D

Exactly, which is why the interests of fans of schools with 4 losses or more might be better served following the FBS level. Almost everybody plays a post-season game. Yeah!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090618204626/robotbuilder/images/0/07/Juicebox.jpg

nwFL Griz
November 17th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Exactly, which is why the interests of fans of schools with 4 losses or more might be better served following the FBS level. Almost everybody plays a post-season game. Yeah!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090618204626/robotbuilder/images/0/07/Juicebox.jpg

So what are you gonna say when a 4-loss team knocks your hens out of the playoffs?

GunsAndGuitars
November 17th, 2010, 04:54 PM
My question is this. If and ONLY IF UTC beats Wofford, doesn't that put UTC at tied for 2nd in the conference with a head-to-head win against Wofford? That puts UTC up for the second bid in the conference.

BUT.......I see Wofford winning this weekend. Wofford is a stop the pass and run the ball kind of team. UTC is a passing offense in Coleman (yes there is some balance but there's going to need to be some big plays on the ground). The defense CAN get burned out in 4 quarters. I can see the game going either way but the more I think about it, the more I feel like the Mocs are going to have to wait one more year before they get back into the post-season. Here's to hoping the ankle biters lose to keep it interesting, but I have Wofford pulling it out in a close (low scoring) one.

Other than that, no SoCon team will ever have a good resume because as everybody knows, the only teams that can ever win a game OOC in the SoCon are ASU, Wofford, UTC (recently), GSU, Elon, and Furman. You can count Samford out since they've been close in every game they've played and did something the 6 time running conference champions couldn't do (win AT GSU). Citadel and WCU, well...we all have those teams.

Fact of the matter, your comment wasn't meant to be Wofford vs. CAA, but to say they don't have that impressive a resume is to say that the SoCon as a whole is a pushover conference. ANY team that goes to Statesboro, GA and gets a W has something to put on their resume. Send the blue chickens down and see what happens, it's not a pretty place to play. They'll be playing a Zac Brown Band song. I'm still convinced that place is cursed.

GunsAndGuitars
November 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Is it possible that there could be a mini-bowl system withing FCS for teams that feel like they got shafted? I just don't see the money floating around for it though.

BigApp
November 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
2002 was the biggest tragedy in the history of the 1AA playoffs. Wofford beats Ap State & Georgia Southern head to head and they all finish 8-3, yet Wofford does not get a bid and Georgia Southern and Ap do. Wow. It's all about money, and since Wofford couldn't host any games with a decent bid that was surely their demise that year.

if they don't lose to VMI in 2002, they're in. that's a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, terrible loss. Akin to losing to Savannah State at home.

JSU85GRAD
November 17th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I stated this earlier in the week on another thread and didn't get much interest. IF UTC wins this weekend does Wofford get in? Their DII win may hurt them more than a loss to an FCS opponent. However I do believe the Socon will get 3 teams in but couldn't it come down to an 8-3 Wofford vs. a 7-4 CAA team for the last spot???? just saying.....

GunsAndGuitars
November 17th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I stated this earlier in the week on another thread and didn't get much interest. IF UTC wins this weekend does Wofford get in? Their DII win may hurt them more than a loss to an FCS opponent. However I do believe the Socon will get 3 teams in but couldn't it come down to an 8-3 Wofford vs. a 7-4 CAA team for the last spot???? just saying.....

If UTC wins, the way I see it, it should be ASU (given no matter what xnodx), UTC, then Wofford, THEN GSU (if they win). The GSU game doesn't really move them up or down as BOTH teams beat them head-to-head. Just from the eyes of an old hillbilly that will be checking scores from a deer stand anyway.

Squealofthepig
November 17th, 2010, 06:44 PM
TypicalTribe did a great job of explaining his reasoning for the question (which is legitimate), and also illustrated that there are tons of moving pictures around the country that will affect this - bottom line is that the only way Wofford can feel certain to be in the playoffs is to win this weekend.

Still, with a GPI at #10 this week, Wofford could be in even with a loss... but the key word there is could, not definitely.

T-Dog
November 17th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wofford is making the playoffs.

However, they're probably being sent to Eastern Washington if South Carolina State doesn't make it.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2010, 07:03 PM
no, a win is a win is a win. I'd rather beat Union than lose to VMI (see 2002)

millwoga1
November 17th, 2010, 08:10 PM

You do realize that Maine and RI have 4-6 records right? That would two of UNH four losses thus far.

jmufan999
November 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Wofford is making the playoffs.

However, they're probably being sent to Eastern Washington if South Carolina State doesn't make it.

i think you're probably right and i would put my money on WC. some team is going to overlook them in the first round and get smashed in the mouth... literally.

GunsAndGuitars
November 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
i think you're probably right and i would put my money on WC. some team is going to overlook them in the first round and get smashed in the mouth... literally.

That depends on who gets lined up across from them. I doubt any CAA coaches look at Wofford and think "on to prepare for the next week." I know for a fact no SoCon coaches would, but somebody who hasn't heard anything out of Wofford and looks down on the SoCon (ok maybe my CAA statement was wrong) would get smacked in the mouth, especially if they look at the ASU and GSU scores not knowing those two places are hell to play. I still hate the ankle biters but they're in W or L this weekend.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2010, 09:17 PM
That depends on who gets lined up across from them. I doubt any CAA coaches look at Wofford and think "on to prepare for the next week." I know for a fact no SoCon coaches would, but somebody who hasn't heard anything out of Wofford and looks down on the SoCon (ok maybe my CAA statement was wrong) would get smacked in the mouth, especially if they look at the ASU and GSU scores not knowing those two places are hell to play. I still hate the ankle biters but they're in W or L this weekend.

As long as we play a team with a less than spectacular defense and less than elite offense we should be fine

tribefan40
November 17th, 2010, 09:30 PM
UNH beat Richmond, JMU, UMass & Villanova. Your guys were lucky to catch them the week after they pounded UMass.

I don't think you want to see them in the second round --- the committee has been known to do strange things like that, though, haven't they?

xlolx

Not sure what you mean by this sentence but... we have owned UNH as of late. We beat them by ten at their place with a 3rd and 4th qb... oh yeah, they scored three points! While they have turned their season around and look like a strong team again this year, seeing them in the second round is not high on a list of things that scare me, although it should definitely scare a lot of other teams...

URMite
November 18th, 2010, 09:31 AM

BigApp "if they don't lose to VMI in 2002, they're in. that's a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, terrible loss. Akin to losing to Savannah State at home."

That's what I always joke about "losing to VMI disqualifies you from playoff eligibility". xlolx

But to be honest, that was 1 of the 2 years out of 28 that VMI was .500. And not making the field when you win 8 games including @Stateboro, @Boone, @Orangeburg does seem to scream reform.

GaSouthern
November 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I also think Woffy is in no matter what happens this weekend. I sure hope they win though!

URMite
November 18th, 2010, 09:48 AM
no, a win is a win is a win. I'd rather beat Union than lose to VMI (see 2002)

Actually some wins are less than a win, but always more than a loss.

If WC loses, I think they are below the 8-3 Div-I teams and above the 7-4 Div-I teams. Therefore I am having a hard time finding a way for them to be left out.

TypicalTribe
November 18th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Actually some wins are less than a win, but always more than a loss.

If WC loses, I think they are below the 8-3 Div-I teams and above the 7-4 Div-I teams. Therefore I am having a hard time finding a way for them to be left out.

That's the question that I'm interested in. Would you have them above UNH, UMass or UTC? Normally, I would have them above GSU, but how heavily does the committtee weigh the Eagles win over ASU if it comes down to a 3rd bid from the SoCoon?

insideout08
November 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
That's the question that I'm interested in. Would you have them above UNH, UMass or UTC? Normally, I would have them above GSU, but how heavily does the committtee weigh the Eagles win over ASU if it comes down to a 3rd bid from the SoCoon?

I can't imagine a scenario where the committee takes the 4th place SoCon team over the tied for 2nd place team, especially when the 2nd place team won on the 4th place team's home field. Not going to happen.

GunsAndGuitars
November 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I can't imagine a scenario where the committee takes the 4th place SoCon team over the tied for 2nd place team, especially when the 2nd place team won on the 4th place team's home field. Not going to happen.

Notice GSU fans are pulling for Wofford this weekend and the CAA fans are confused (I admit I'm scared of hell freezing over).

Aho_Old_Guy
November 19th, 2010, 10:29 AM

This.

And it will be a stinkin' shame if the SoCon is limited to only 2 teams in the playoffs this year --- but the chips could very well fall that way if both Chatty & GSU lose this Sat.

TypicalTribe
November 19th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Notice GSU fans are pulling for Wofford this weekend and the CAA fans are confused (I admit I'm scared of hell freezing over).

Not confused, just curious. Here's an interesting scenario. Let's say RMU/Lehigh and UMass/SBU are likely 1st round games. Let's also say UTC knocks of the Terriers and likely takes the 2nd SoCon bid. I still think they probably play a 1st round game and easy matchup for the committee is SEMO. That leaves 2 spots in the 1st round. If the three teams on the board at that point are GSU, Wofford and SCSU and GSU has a big bid on the table, any chance SCSU at GSU is the 4th game?

Another interesting wrinkle would be if WIU knocks off UNI, because WIU and SEMO would be an attractive first round game and UTC could go to SCSU.

Just bored and noodling around with some possibilities.

Saint3333
November 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hey tribe if you're going your scenarios Wofford is IN no matter what they do this weekend. 8-3 in the SoCon beats 7-4 is any other conference. If UTC wins that would be the 3rd SoCon bid.

insideout08
November 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Not confused, just curious. Here's an interesting scenario. Let's say RMU/Lehigh and UMass/SBU are likely 1st round games. Let's also say UTC knocks of the Terriers and likely takes the 2nd SoCon bid. I still think they probably play a 1st round game and easy matchup for the committee is SEMO. That leaves 2 spots in the 1st round. If the three teams on the board at that point are GSU, Wofford and SCSU and GSU has a big bid on the table, any chance SCSU at GSU is the 4th game?

Another interesting wrinkle would be if WIU knocks off UNI, because WIU and SEMO would be an attractive first round game and UTC could go to SCSU.

The problem here is that bids aren't looked at until after the field is set. They have no bearing on the actual 20 teams selected - only the host team in matchups on unseeded teams.

insideout08
November 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM

The problem here is that bids aren't looked at until after the field is set. They have no bearing on the actual 20 teams selected - only the host team in matchups of unseeded teams.

UNH Fanboi
November 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM
The problem here is that bids aren't looked at until after the field is set. They have no bearing on the actual 20 teams selected - only the host team in matchups of unseeded teams.

The bids might not have a bearing on the field selected (though I bet money is a subconscious thumb on the scale when choosing between two very close teams). That being said, I can guarantee that the committee knows who the big money programs are and will take that into account when making matchups. They NCAA wants to maximize 20K+ games and would never voluntarily match up teams Montana and Appalchian St. in the opening round.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM
To think a team that is the clear-cut #2 team in the SoCon (with 7 DI wins a 8 overall) might somehow not deserve a bid just shows you vastly underrate the SoCon. Some CAA folks still seem to think that think App. State didn't have a tough road to win the autobid. Those folks need to look at how their games went this year. Just to put it in prospective, 6 of the 9 SoCon teams have been in the top-25 this season, and since we have to play a true round-robin (unlike some leagues) it was inevitable that some wouldn't last in it for the whole season.

UNH Fanboi
November 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM
To think a team that is the clear-cut #2 team in the SoCon (with 7 DI wins a 8 overall) might somehow not deserve a bid just shows you vastly underrate the SoCon. Some CAA folks still seem to think that think App. State didn't have a tough road to win the autobid. Those folks need to look at how their games went this year. Just to put it in prospective, 6 of the 9 SoCon teams have been in the top-25 this season, and since we have to play a true round-robin (unlike some leagues) it was inevitable that some wouldn't last in it for the whole season.

xrolleyesx This argument is still being thrown around? It had no validity when the CAA had 12-teams, but has even less validity (that's negative validity) now. I guarantee that the 8-game conference schedule played by each CAA team is tougher than the conference schedule of every single SoCon team. 8 tough games (ok, maybe 7) are 8 tough games regardless of whether there is another team in the conference that you don't play.

That's not to say that the SoCon is an easy conference. But the "not a true round-robin" argument is terrible and needs to be laid to rest.

appstate38
November 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Well I will tell you this.... The SoCon will get at least two teams into the playoffs... Maybe 3. IMO there are too many teams in the CAA that have multiple loses to be considered as having a better shot to get in. I don't by it. Yes the CAA is a tough league, we have beaten that one to death. I think it is foolish to assume that all of your teams are just better than any other team out there just because of the conference you play in. I am willing to bet not many teams want to draw Wofford as a 1st round opponent. SoCon teams have the advantage of seeing that offense every year, you guys don't.

Since we are beating conference dominance to death.... The Apps still find a way of beating the best CAA teams year in and year out.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
xrolleyesx This argument is still being thrown around? It had no validity when the CAA had 12-teams, but has even less validity (that's negative validity) now. I guarantee that the 8-game conference schedule played by each CAA team is tougher than the conference schedule of every single SoCon team. 8 tough games (ok, maybe 7) are 8 tough games regardless of whether there is another team in the conference that you don't play.

That's not to say that the SoCon is an easy conference. But the "not a true round-robin" argument is terrible and needs to be laid to rest.

Yes, the divisions do help the CAA get more teams in. That's just a fact. Every year for the past few years there are SoCon teams left out that are just as good as the CAA teams that get in. It's also easier for more teams to be ranked when the league is split.

MacThor
November 19th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Since we are beating conference dominance to death.... The Apps still find a way of beating the best CAA teams year in and year out.

App's record against the CAA in 2008 was what again?

FTR, I think 4 teams in the SoCon should be ranked right now and if both 6-4 teams win tomorrow they deserve a hard look.

TypicalTribe
November 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Yes, the divisions do help the CAA get more teams in. That's just a fact. Every year for the past few years there are SoCon teams left out that are just as good as the CAA teams that get in. It's also easier for more teams to be ranked when the league is split.

The conference isn't split anymore. 10 teams playing 9 conference games with 7 of the 10 teams currently in the top 25 of the GPI.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 19th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The conference isn't split anymore. 10 teams playing 9 conference games with 7 of the 10 teams currently in the top 25 of the GPI.

Wrong. It's 10 teams, and 8 games a piece, so it's closer to a round-robin even though it is still split. And notice that now that it's closer to a round-robin, it will be a struggle for the CAA to get 4 teams in. If UMass, Nova, and Richmond all lose (and they all very well could) the CAA will get only 3 teams in and one of those will be four loss teams. When more conference mathcups have to be played out, teams tend to get eliminatned via losses.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Well I will tell you this.... The SoCon will get at least two teams into the playoffs... Maybe 3. IMO there are too many teams in the CAA that have multiple loses to be considered as having a better shot to get in. I don't by it. Yes the CAA is a tough league, we have beaten that one to death. I think it is foolish to assume that all of your teams are just better than any other team out there just because of the conference you play in. I am willing to bet not many teams want to draw Wofford as a 1st round opponent. SoCon teams have the advantage of seeing that offense every year, you guys don't.

This year don't hold your breathe on it....if we explode tomorrow against Chatty and score 35+ I'll agree but otherwise not so much. Wofford hasn't played well against CAA opponents, we're 0-3 against our last three meetings(granted one was one of the best teams in FCS history in '03 Delaware and another was JMU when they were the #1 seed)

UNH Fanboi
November 19th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Having 12 teams instead of 9 helped, but the split itself did not magically allow for the CAA to get more teams in. If the SWAC participated in the playoffs, do you think they would get 4-5 teams in and win 4 first round games? I don't think so. If the CAA was getting more than their fair share of teams in, they would have been exposed in the playoffs. Last year the 3rd place CAA team blew out the 3rd place Big Sky team and blew out the 1st place MVFC team. The 4th place team blew out the 1st place Southland team. What other conference can produce those kind of results with 3rd and 4th place teams?

The top dogs from the other conferences can compete with any CAA team, but there's no way any other conference has the same kind of depth.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
The CAA has 3 or 4 teams every year that are great every year and the rest of the conference is ok, just because the names of the 3 or 4 teams changes every year doesn't mean that say, Villanova this year is as good or is potentially able to play on the same level as it did last year. If a team has 4 or 5 losses from a great conference it does not take precedent over a team with 2 or 3 losses from a decent conference. For instance, I wouldn't predict Florida over Iowa right now or Texas over Virginia Tech (spare me the JMU comments)

Aho_Old_Guy
November 19th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I don't have much of a dog in this fight (and I think the CAA is tough top-to-bottom) but not playing a round-robin should work against you with the NCAA.

I'm too lazy to look up who is not playing who this year, but after dropping the two weakest links it is certainly interesting how much of the CAA could end up 4-4 this year ...

like the potential logjam in the middle of the SoCon this year that after Sat could easily result in only 2 getting in.

It will flat-out suck if Chatty is left out -- and GSU would be major headaches for anyone they would face.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I think GSU gets in at 7-4 even without Chatty

AshevilleApp
November 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
App's record against the CAA in 2008 was what again?

FTR, I think 4 teams in the SoCon should be ranked right now and if both 6-4 teams win tomorrow they deserve a hard look.

2008: 0-2, with a loss in the playoffs to eventual National Champ

of course....

2009: 1-0
2007: 3-0
2006: 2-0

against playoff CAA teams mind you

GunsAndGuitars
November 19th, 2010, 08:18 PM

of course....

Does my math come out right when I say since 2006, ASU is 6-2 against CAA teams?

TwoFeathers
November 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM

xlolx

Not to pile on, but W&M played their 3rd and 4th string QB and snapped UNH's home winning streak dating back to 2008. Not sure it was luck.

MacThor
November 19th, 2010, 10:23 PM

of course....

So - not year in, year out. :)

rcny46
November 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Not to pile on, but W&M played their 3rd and 4th string QB and snapped UNH's home winning streak dating back to 2008. Not sure it was luck.

UNH played what turned out to be their worst offensive effort in several years,at least from where I was sitting.It was putrid actually.W&M deserved to win with a stinker like that.

MacThor
November 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Does my math come out right when I say since 2006, ASU is 6-2 against CAA teams?

Yep. And Richmond is 5-2 against the SoCon. But I'm not saying we whoop the SC year in, year out.

millwoga1
November 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Yep. And Richmond is 5-2 against the SoCon. But I'm not saying we whoop the SC year in, year out.

Getting Woffed doesn't necessarily mean not making the playoffs. I have a gut feeling that Wofford's woff this year will be having a harder road to pave than Georgia Southern.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Getting Woffed doesn't necessarily mean not making the playoffs. I have a gut feeling that Wofford's woff this year will be having a harder road to pave than Georgia Southern.

Actually, the definition of getting Woofed is being left out.

Congrats to the Terriers. The way things broke today, I could actually see them getting a home game at this point.

millwoga1
November 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Actually, the definition of getting Woofed is being left out.

Congrats to the Terriers. The way things broke today, I could actually see them getting a home game at this point.

Well if that's the case we need a term for being sent to James Madison in 2008 with a 9-2 regular season record with losses to USC and Appy and being sent to Montana in 2007 for being sent to Montana after winning the Socon

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I expect all three SoCon teams to stay at home for the first week! Good Luck Woffy and Appy!

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Well if that's the case we need a term for being sent to James Madison in 2008 with a 9-2 regular season record with losses to USC and Appy and being sent to Montana in 2007 for being sent to Montana after winning the Socon

That's called being UNHed

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 08:06 PM
That's called being UNHed

or JMUed.