PDA

View Full Version : Salukis' Kill Has Cancerous Tumor Removed

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Didn't see this anywhere, maybe overlooked it. Coach Kill had a cancerous tumor removed last month and word just was reported yesterday. Best of health to Coach Kill, one of the best coaches in all of I-AA and we'll see your Salukis in Huntsville this weekend for our little baseball tourney.

S. Illinois coach had cancer surgery

February 15, 2006

BY JIM SUHR

Southern Illinois football coach Jerry Kill had a cancerous tumor removed from a kidney last month, choosing to delay the operation until after the season. The 44-year-old coach expects a full recovery and doctors found no evidence the cancer spread.

''I'm doing fine,'' said Kill, whose cancer was first reported Tuesday by the Southern Illinoisan newspaper in Carbondale. Cancer ''is just an obstacle that's come up, and now I have to overcome it.''

Kill, who told the Salukis of the cancer last week, said doctors have tried to determine if the cancer was linked to his seizures last fall, including one on the sidelines in the waning seconds of an Oct. 15 home loss to Illinois State. Kill said it's possible the medical issues are related.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/campus/cst-spt-kill15.html

February 15th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Didn't see this anywhere, maybe overlooked it... xlolx You do look at I-AA.org every once in a while right? xlolx Check out the headlines underneath Ralph's Log. xlolx Keep posting links on AGS though. I don't get the chance to post/find everything and we all appreciate your links... same for everyone else who may post links to I-AA news around the country!

blukeys
February 15th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Best of luck to the coach. My brother had a kidney tumor removed in October of '03. The key is if the tumor stayed "encapsulated"

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2006, 07:48 AM
xlolx You do look at I-AA.org every once in a while right? xlolx Check out the headlines underneath Ralph's Log. xlolx Keep posting links on AGS though. I don't get the chance to post/find everything and we all appreciate your links... same for everyone else who may post links to I-AA news around the country!

I didn't see it on I-AA.org. Guess I should read your blog from time to time... :read: Needed to get on the board anyway... :) Not a problem...

Saluki
February 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Salukis' Kill Has Cancerous Tumor Removed

Coach Kill is doing well. The cancer did not spread and he should make a full recovery. But.... Please keep him in your prayers!

-

leatherneck177
February 17th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I wish the best to Coach Kill, hopefully he has a speedy recovery, but not to fast, I wouldn't mind him missing the WIU game.

leatherneck177
February 17th, 2006, 12:41 PM
That was a joke for those that did not pick up on it.

skinny_uncle
February 19th, 2006, 07:16 PM
It is my understanding that they are checking to see if the cancer had any connection to the seizures he suffered earlier in the year. I also have been told he stalled on the surgery until the season ended. Hopefully he will bounce back from this. We have an awful lot of new guys coming in this year who would benefit from his coaching. Mostly we want him back because we love this guy. He has been the driving force behind the resurgence of Saluki football. Get well, Coach Kill.

blukeys
February 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM
It is my understanding that they are checking to see if the cancer had any connection to the seizures he suffered earlier in the year. I also have been told he stalled on the surgery until the season ended. Hopefully he will bounce back from this. We have an awful lot of new guys coming in this year who would benefit from his coaching. Mostly we want him back because we love this guy. He has been the driving force behind the resurgence of Saluki football. Get well, Coach Kill.

While anything is possible I don't think the seizures are an issue in this. I have had a family member and a close friend go thru this and they did not have seizure problems.

I am pleased to hear that Coach Kill is recovering successfully from his surgery. He will remain in my prayers till he is out of danger.