PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game Of The Week...

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I say it's Richmond at W&M. If W&M wins, they can win the CAA and get the AQ. If they lose, Richmond could make the playoffs, and W&M could drop to an at-large at best.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Montana vs Montana St

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Montana vs Montana St

That's a good one. Also Villanova at Delaware. Big implications for the CAA and the #1 seed.

MacThor
November 15th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I say it's Richmond at W&M. If W&M wins, they can win the CAA and get the AQ. If they lose, Richmond could make the playoffs, and W&M could drop to an at-large at best.

W&M's fate for the AQ will be known before kickoff.

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM

Right... that will make it interesting.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM

The same thing could be said about the Delaware/Villanova game. If Delaware wins, they win the CAA and homefield throughout the playoffs, if Nova wins, they make the playoffs, if they lose, the situation looks rough for them.

Both are big rivalry games, and I think both could go down to the wire.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 15th, 2010, 10:17 PM

Yes, and no. If Delaware wins, W&M is out for the CAA title and the AQ. If Delaware loses, W&M has the shot, but they still have to beat Richmond or else the CAA title and the AQ are back at Delaware.

Dblue
November 15th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Montana vs Montana St
+1

Big Dawg
November 16th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I would say FAMU vs. BCU...BCU could finish with an 11-0 record or could lose to FAMU and fall to an at-large berth while SCSU would pick up the automatic berth...that is unless SCSU just has a meltdown of epic proportions against NCA&T which would give FAMU the automatic berth.

Also if FAMU wins, regardless of what SCSU does, we would claim a share of the MEAC title as well...and the game will be played in front of close to 70,000 people on national TV...HUGE GAME.

CopperCat
November 16th, 2010, 03:11 AM
There isn't a single game I can think of this week that even comes close to the Brawl.

Klandbulldog
November 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I would say FAMU vs. BCU...BCU could finish with an 11-0 record or could lose to FAMU and fall to an at-large berth while SCSU would pick up the automatic berth...that is unless SCSU just has a meltdown of epic proportions against NCA&T which would give FAMU the automatic berth.

Also if FAMU wins, regardless of what SCSU does, we would claim a share of the MEAC title as well...and the game will be played in front of close to 70,000 people on national TV...HUGE GAME.

Big Dawg,

There is no way SCSU can pick up the automatic berth, we can only get an at-large berth. If there is a 3-way tie for first, BCU gets the auto based on tie breaker rules, and the only way FAMU gets in is if both BCU and SCSU take a "L". Not sure what will happen in the FL Classic, but there will not will be a meltdown in G'boro.

NovaWildcat
November 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
There isn't a single game I can think of this week that even comes close to the Brawl.

Admittedly, the rivalry is probably nowhere near as intense as the Brawl.

However, Villanova - Delaware has the same exact implications. One team is playing for the conference title, and the other is playing to make the playoffs.

Except one of those teams is the defending National Champs.

TypicalTribe
November 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Admittedly, the rivalry is probably nowhere near as intense as the Brawl.

However, Villanova - Delaware has the same exact implications. One team is playing for the conference title, and the other is playing to make the playoffs.

Except one of those teams is the defending National Champs.

Very similar storylines, but I give the edge to the Brawl simply because of the streak on the line for Montana. Yes, it would be surprising for the defending champs to miss the playoffs, but Montana missing the postseason would be stunning.

Other interesting games:

UNI/WIU
Woff/Chatty
GSU/Furman

Spiderbone
November 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I think ASU/Florida is pretty darn intriguing. IF ASU wins (which I think they actually have a chance) that would be huge. One could look at it two ways though after that. ASU could come out feeling cocky and get spanked in its opener in round two...OR could ride that wave and sail through the playoffs, mentally a loss is kindof expected but a WIN would be interesting to say the least.

DTSpider
November 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I think the biggest difference in my mind is that UR - W&M is essentially a play-in game. UR is definitely out if they lose and W&M most likely would be as well (dropping 3 of last 4 to end the year). Delaware is in no matter what, same with MSU.