PDA

View Full Version : Big weekend for Payton and Buchanan contenders?

clawman
November 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Of those on the Payton or Buchanan watch list, who had a big weekend?
Make a case for "your guy"!

udchuck
November 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Don't worry,Mel Kiper wannabe will give you his words of wisdom.Stay tuned. I think he's at the store looking for updated Magazines.

umassfan
November 15th, 2010, 10:50 AM
To answer this question... Tyler Holmes (Buchanan frontrunner) had 16 tackles 11 solo 1 fumble recovery and one sack this weekend vs number 1 Delaware.

WrenFGun
November 15th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Matt Evans had 15 tackles to bring him to 127 on the season. He's got better numbers than almost anyone being considered ..

umassfan
November 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Matt Evans had 15 tackles to bring him to 127 on the season. He's got better numbers than almost anyone being considered ..

Except Holmes. Evans doesn't have the best numbers in the caa. Total tackles yes but not overall stats.

Redhawk2010
November 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Henry Harris from Southeast Missouri had 134 yards rushing with an average of 6.4 per carry. He had his longest run at 41 yards and had one touchdown. He also had 5 kick returns for 92 yards total with his longest being 24 yards. Harris is averaging 147.9 yards per game on the season rushing and around 170 per game total yards.

smallcollegefbfan
November 15th, 2010, 11:26 AM
To answer this question... Tyler Holmes (Buchanan frontrunner) had 16 tackles 11 solo 1 fumble recovery and one sack this weekend vs number 1 Delaware.

I think Holmes is probably the front runner with most voters but still nobody has wrapped up either award for sure still. It is much more wide open than in recent years. I'm working on my update right now. I'm not even sure who I will pick first for either award yet. I should have a good idea by tonight.

udchuck
November 15th, 2010, 11:29 AM
What is your problem? Josh does a great job with his research and info. You treat him like mr. C or someone who is clueless.

No, I'm not referring to Josh , I was referring to smallcollegeFBFan the guru of the college scene. Josh Who?

Chi Panther
November 15th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Its simply ridiculous that Terrell Rennie is not on the list....

umassfan
November 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM
No, I'm not referring to Josh, Josh does a great job. I was referring to smallcollegeFBFan the guru of the college scene.

They are one in the same. That just shows what you know.

udchuck
November 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
They are one in the same. That just shows what you know.

I did not know, Wow I'm impressed,I must change my ways. your not funning with me,are you. Josh Who ??

SEMOFB2010
November 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Henry Harris with his game this weekend is at:
rushing....1627 yds, 5.7 yds\carry, 17TDs, 147.9 yds\Game
Receiving....182 yds, 10.1 yds\rec., 1 TD, 16.5 yds\Game
Ret....609 yds, 24.4 yds\ret.

All Purpose YDS....2418y yds, 219.8 yds\Game

ur2k
November 15th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Eric McBride:

UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND - For the second time this season, senior LB Eric McBride has earned CAA Football Defensive Player of the Week honors after collecting 13 tackles and forcing two of Richmond's seven turnovers as the No. 21 Spiders beat Rhode Island, 15-6, on Senior Day at Robins Stadium.

McBride, who is a leading candidate for the Buck Buchanan Award that is awarded to the top defensive player in the FCS, currently ranks second in CAA Football in tackles (11th in the FCS) and moved to second on Richmond's all-time tackles list with Saturday's performance.

As McBride helped key the second-half shutout of the Rams, the Spiders kept their hopes of a forth-straight playoff berth alive and clinched the team a sixth-consecutive winning season. The senior class also earned its 41st victory, to tie last year's class as the winningest in school history.

The senior from nearby L.C. Bird High made the most of his final regular-season home game and 53rd-consecutive start with his 13 tackles, an interception and a forced and recovered fumble on the same play. He returned his fourth career interception 20 yards.

With 441 career tackles, McBride moved to second on Richmond's all-time list and trails the nearly untouchable 643 by former standout LB Eric Johnson (1989-92). McBride is averaging 11.2 tackles per game and has posted six double-digit tackle games this season, including a career-high 18 twice.

McBride's honor is his second of the season (Oct. 18) and his third career weekly award.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111510aaa.html

Iwuvdatrees
November 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Ronnie Fouch had a pretty solid game with 4 passing touchdowns 290 yards and also 31 yards rushing...Fouch also punted regularly for the Sycamores and placed three inside the 20...reason why he isn't on anyone's lists for the Payton award? The guy has thrown 24 touchdown passes this season and has led Indiana State to their first winning season in 13 years...

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Average day for Taiwan Jones... 158 yards rushing and 1 TD.

clawman
November 15th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Actually I thought he was a little slow Saturday. I really liked the move he put on at 3rd and about, they "had him" in the backfield, a quick spin and that he is 10 yds down field. WOW, he is not only fast but quick too!!