PDA

View Full Version : South Alabama

1andDone
November 14th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Is unbeaten..yes I know the schedule hasn't been tough, but next year it gets tougher as an FCS transitional school they have two FBS schools in North Carolina State and Kent State, but if they do pull of a good two lost season can they still be ranked

theasushow
November 14th, 2010, 09:50 PM
USA! USA! USA!

JSU02
November 14th, 2010, 10:37 PM
My understanding is that USA won't be FCS, but rather, "Unclassified". If that is the case, then no. Try asking the FBS schools if they will rank you in their poll.

TexasTerror
November 15th, 2010, 07:19 AM
They were unclassified this year...

Next year, they are FCS Transitional.

And more importantly, "USA counts as a Division I game on opponents’ schedule towards FCS championship eligibility"

JSU02
November 15th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Well if they are classified as FCS then they should be eligible to be ranked. Would they be eligible to participate in the playoffs?

RabidRabbit
November 15th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Well if they are classified as FCS then they should be eligible to be ranked. Would they be eligible to participate in the playoffs?

Not if a transitional. Think UND/USD - Counts to play them, but they aren't eligible to go to the play-offs.

JSU02
November 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Not if a transitional. Think UND/USD - Counts to play them, but they aren't eligible to go to the play-offs.

AH-HA. Thank you!

dirty bird
November 16th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping they'll take Larry Coker to the woodshed and silence these WAC fans that are trying to tell everyone that Montana and BYU made a mistake by not joining their watered-down conference.

And I'm just laughing that UTAH and a lowly Colorado got the nod over BYU and joined the PAC10!

slostang
November 16th, 2010, 10:18 AM
North Carolina State will likely beat South Alabama, but the Jags could very likely see their first win against an FBS team when they travel to Kent State. Looking over South's 2011 schedule--as tough as it is for a team in it's 3rd year of existence--I believe the Jags very well could finish 10-1. I'm hoping they'll take Larry Coker to the woodshed and silence these WAC fans that are trying to tell everyone that Montana and BYU made a mistake by not joining their watered-down conference.

As long as the one loss is to Cal Poly I am good with USA going 10-1. The Mustangs travel to South Alabama next year.

dirty bird
November 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm not, but these schools deserved Pac-10 invitations over BYU. I'm kind of amazed at the fact that BYU despite it's struggles just signed an $8 million contract with ESPN just for football to replace television slots vacated by Boise State under the WAC"s current contract while the future WAC will be receiving a reduction from the current $4.2 million it receives from ESPN to broadcast all of its sports!

Eh...what did you expect would happen to a less attractive WAC? Doesnt take a genius to figure that out. xreadx But it does take a comedian to revel in laughter that a tradition layden flagship school, with an awesome qb lineage, fiesta bowl nc, and hall of famer headcoach in Edwards, to get the slight.. xlolx

So back to the message board of FCS talk and back to the USA Jags thread: I can't wait to see them at Alabama and SA. Aside from the nice record, I like the unis too.

Redbirdz
November 16th, 2010, 02:26 PM
South Alabama 10-1. Really?

BamaJag13
November 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Next year will be extremely difficult. There is really only one "gimme" on the schedule, that being Edward Waters, and there has been some talk that game might be replaced. We were able to get a lot of rest for our starters this year, a luxury that we won't have in 2011. UC Davis, Georgia State, and Henderson State all feel like they should have beaten us this year, and I'm sure they'll all have a little something extra for us. It should be a fun season.

1andDone
November 16th, 2010, 06:24 PM
To me South only sure loss is to NC State, Cal Poly lost to UC-Davis whom USA beat. Kent State will be a toss up, anywhere from 7-4(Losses to UTM,Cal Poly, Kent State, and NC State), to 10-1(losses to NC State).

B&G
November 16th, 2010, 06:57 PM
What is South Alabama's potential conference affiliation in FCS?

1andDone
November 16th, 2010, 07:08 PM
They are only staying for 2 years before moving to Sun Belt in 2013. Most likely Independent

BamaJag13
November 16th, 2010, 07:53 PM
What is South Alabama's potential conference affiliation in FCS?

We'll be an independent.

http://usajaguars.com/documents/2010/6/30/scheduling_timeline.pdf

Cocky
November 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
USA's DC is the best in the nation at the FCS level.

1andDone
November 16th, 2010, 09:04 PM
And our coach played under the Bear

BamaJag13
November 16th, 2010, 10:21 PM
USA's DC is the best in the nation at the FCS level.

You think he might be up for the Jacksonville State job someday? I've heard that before.

Appfan_in_CAAland
November 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I just wanted to post on this thread so I could experience what it feels like to be a veteran poster among all the newbys around here.

JaxSinfonian
November 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM
You think he might be up for the Jacksonville State job someday? I've heard that before.

Interesting. I haven't heard any names at all, just speculation on whether Crowe was ready to hang it up. The rumor mill has posited recently that Oval Jaynes is preparing to retire (could be wildly untrue for all I know), and that Crowe will step up to the AD spot. I think the HC job is Crowe's for now as long as he wants it and turns in winning records. Assuming the Gamecocks can win a playoff game or two, this year would give him a chance to go out on a high note.

Looking over Clark's resume, he seems like a decent fit. It would be nice to have someone who came up in the program. I don't know who else might be interested, so it's hard to evaluate, really.

Redbirdz
November 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Maybe Tommy Bowden.

Cocky
November 17th, 2010, 06:53 AM

He is from the area and is the type person you would want.
I would perfer him to a Bowden or most of the retread types.