PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FCS Playoff Selection Show.....

theasushow
November 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM
is less than a week away, yes fellow AGSers, this time next week we will be filling out our brackets, the show will be televised Sunday at 10am on ESPNU. this means that people out West can have a viewing part at 7am if they so desire. Personally I am not a fan of the early selection time...I'm sure the Man upstairs would understand if I am a little late to church. hopefully the early time will keep AGS from crashing! good luck to all.

1andDone
November 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
On Sunday right?

theasushow
November 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
yep sunday morning...not a fan.

B&G
November 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'm a fan... this way they don't cut us short for a Kent St vs Lipscomb basketball game or something. Last year's "show" was a debacle.

theasushow
November 14th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I'm a fan... this way they don't cut us short for a Kent St vs Lipscomb basketball game or something. Last year's "show" was a debacle.

hahahaha dont remind me...one year they totally blew one of the 4 brackets, i cant remember if it was last year's or not. it's like, just show me the brackets espn, dont pretend like you know or care about the fcs.

seattlespider
November 14th, 2010, 10:28 PM
hahahaha dont remind me...one year they totally blew one of the 4 brackets, i cant remember if it was last year's or not. it's like, just show me the brackets espn, dont pretend like you know or care about the fcs.

It was last year. It was on ESPNNEWS. They screwed up one of the brackets, and the "show" lasted about 8 minutes. Truly awful.

Squealofthepig
November 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure what to cheer for here.

Even though I have a sneaking suspicion my beloved Griz will be out of the playoffs, I can see several themes playing out (not mutually exclusive):

1) A gajillion CAA teams, leading to some early interest and then games like last year's exciting and hardly attended Nova/W&M show. Nova traveled well to Chatt (I can personally attest), but that game looked like it had more players than fans in the cold, wet conditions.
2) Lots of weird first-round, hosted games from teams that have never hosted before. Does anyone show up for a JSU hosted game? Who shows up to cheer for NDSU on a holiday weekend?
3) The rise of the south - App, Chatty, Wofford, SF Austin could - as a whole - provide some solid representation from the Southern and Southland conferences.
4) The return of Delaware - Hens, welcome back to the national stage. Seriously - you've been missed.
5) Teams with six D-1 wins complaining about why they should have been included, what with the field now being at 20, over teams from the Patriot, OVC, etc. Just win more next year, ok?

Personally, I'm hoping that a Big Sky conference team other than Montana goes deep this year (though I won't complain if the Griz make it and go deep, of course). It would help the conference a lot, but I still won't watch any game played in Cheney. It just makes my eyes bleed, ya know? :)

JaxSinfonian
November 15th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Does anyone show up for a JSU hosted game?

Are you kidding? Jax State has blown out its home attendance records this season, and is now 7th in this year's average attendance ranking. 20,237 screaming fans were on hand for the defeat of SEMO this weekend. Folks here know the playoffs are coming, and they're ready. Jacksonville hasn't played host to a postseason college football game since 1992, the year the Gamecocks won the DII championship. There's a lot of pent-up demand here.

Does anyone know, by the way, if the selection show will be on espn3.com?

JSU02
November 15th, 2010, 08:00 AM

Does anyone know, by the way, if the selection show will be on espn3.com?

Doubtful...
Maybe they will have an election show breakfast showing of it at Jack Hopper.