PDA

View Full Version : App State at Florida

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2010, 09:51 PM
predictions? xconfusedx

Rest the starters or try to get the win and sow up the #1 overall seed?

Nor Eastern
November 13th, 2010, 09:55 PM
If App's coach rests the starters he needs to be thrown out of Boone

theasushow
November 13th, 2010, 09:59 PM
If App's coach rests the starters he needs to be thrown out of Boone

he wont...if ASU is getting blown out after the 3rd quarter then he may sit the starters, but that has been typical all season. if delaware wins then I think they will get the top seed, even if ASU wins against Florida. the top 2 seeds are virtually the same anyway.

appmountaineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I'm expecting a 14 point loss. We'll play everyone and so will Florida. I just don't think we can walk out of Florida with a win.

T-Dog
November 13th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Just checked a few Gator forums. Total meltdown mode. Some of them are calling for the upset out of spite. xlolx

theasushow
November 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Just checked a few Gator forums. Total meltdown mode. Some of them are calling for the upset out of spite. xlolx

http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6071

hahaha every single poster predicts a victory for "d2" asu.

DJKyR0
November 13th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Florida's looking awfully mortal this year, watching the South Carolina game...

Not a fan of App State (not that I root against them or anything) but it's always cool to see an FCS team play in the big leagues (see: Lawrence, KS 9/4/10 :) )
Good luck ASU.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 13th, 2010, 10:15 PM
http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6071

hahaha every single poster predicts a victory for "d2" asu.

This was my favorite post -

Technically they aren't a D11 but they aren't a complete D1 either. They don't get the allotted scholarships as a D1 school. I’m not sure how that works but my kid was being recruited by them and they get -2 out of 12 scholarhips a D1 school receives.

I'm not quite sure if he meant 2 scholarships for every 12, or even how the logic of negative scholarships would work (for every football player Appy has to charge two other students double tuition maybe?)

MarchingMountaineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:23 PM
he wont...if ASU is getting blown out after the 3rd quarter then he may sit the starters, but that has been typical all season. if delaware wins then I think they will get the top seed, even if ASU wins against Florida. the top 2 seeds are virtually the same anyway.

I think if ASU and UD both win next week, ASU gets the #1, based on Delaware's game against that periennal powerhouse, West Chester. I agree that - with a loss - ASU is #2, so no reason to risk any injuries with players trying to dig out of a deep hole. They have a week to recover from everything else. So if it's close, say 34-32, let them play and learn.

GannonFan
November 13th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I think if ASU and UD both win next week, ASU gets the #1, based on Delaware's game against that periennal powerhouse, West Chester. I agree that - with a loss - ASU is #2, so no reason to risk any injuries with players trying to dig out of a deep hole. They have a week to recover from everything else. So if it's close, say 34-32, let them play and learn.

If Appy St gets the nod over UD, it will be because of a win against SEC Florida. West Chester, at the end of the day, isn't any different than NC Central, DI or DII - they're both bad teams. UD wouldn't have a win as nice as Florida if Appy St got that one.

theasushow
November 13th, 2010, 10:41 PM
This was my favorite post -

I'm not quite sure if he meant 2 scholarships for every 12, or even how the logic of negative scholarships would work (for every football player Appy has to charge two other students double tuition maybe?)

hahaha it's almost like that "1-aa" title just blows their mind. they cant seem to comprehend there is a division inbetween d-1 and d-2. and the funny thing is, over and over and over again people have tried to clarify that the teams in fcs arent d2, but every year people still call fcs teams d2....xbangx

MarchingMountaineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:51 PM
If Appy St gets the nod over UD, it will be because of a win against SEC Florida. West Chester, at the end of the day, isn't any different than NC Central, DI or DII - they're both bad teams. UD wouldn't have a win as nice as Florida if Appy St got that one.

Towson and Western Carolina are bad, too, but they're still DI. If Delaware loses next week, they're out of the top 4. ASU still has a seed.

T-Dog
November 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I love this as well.

http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6070

BigApp
November 13th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I'm expecting a 14 point loss.

xthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxt humbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxnon ono2xxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdo wnxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdown xxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxx nonono2xxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumb sdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxnonono2 xxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxx thumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxnonono2xxthumbsdownxxthumb sdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsd ownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxnonono2xxthumbsdownxx thumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxth umbsdownxxnonono2x

xflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadx xflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadx xflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadx xflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadx xflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadxxflamemadx

I expect Appalachian to win. Every game.

theasushow
November 13th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I love this as well.

http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6070

kudos to them for referring to us as "ASU", usually Arizona State carries that distinction in the big bad BCS. but then again they still think we are D2....sigh.

Spiderbone
November 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I haven't seen the Gators look this awful in a long time....loss in a big game tonight against USC...and not really at the level they are used to so I think they overlook ASU and get beat.

Saint3333
November 14th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Let's not forget that when Moore and Co. installed the spread they went to Myer to learn the system. Myer isn't going to let UF overlook ASU. I saw UF play Vandy last week and then USC last night. They have the talent, it will be interesting to see which team shows up.

T-Dog
November 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6177

xcoolx