PDA

View Full Version : The FLORIDA CLASSIC (aka MEAC Championship Game) - BCU vs FAMU

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I'm calling a sellout xnodx

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 09:30 PM
What about SCSU? If they win and Bethune Cookman loses, they get a share of the title too...

What are the tiebreaker scenarios?

BlueHenSinfonian
November 13th, 2010, 09:32 PM

Battle of the bands.

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2010, 09:43 PM
What about SCSU? If they win and Bethune Cookman loses, they get a share of the title too...

BCU has the tiebreak over SCSU, and in a three way tiebreak with SCSU and FAMU. But if the Bulldogs drop one against the Aggies (A&T), the tiebreak goes back to a head to head between BCU and FAMU. SC State cannot get the AQ.

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Battle of the bands.

xlolx well in that case the FAMU (100) wins hands down :p

Big Dawg
November 13th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Awwww man, it's gonna be a HUGE game...it's gonna be carried Live on ESPN Classic and ESPN 3.

This is probably the biggest Florida Classic in a long time.

Rattler fans will also be pulling for NCA&T to shock the world and upset SCSU this week.

Humble Steward
November 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I will be in Orlando on Thursday. Okay Rattlers it's finally here. I can finally talk about the Classic. Oh and by the way "The Pride" will be the house as well. Let's Go Wildcats!!!

10-0 and 1 to go.

There is something special happening in Daytona Beach and we will not let the Rattlers get in our way (There I said it).

Big Dawg
November 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM
FAMU is hot right now...we're coming for the Wildcats

ejjones
November 13th, 2010, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=Rattler fans will also be pulling for NCA&T to shock the world and upset SCSU this week.[/QUOTE]

Shock the world??? That won't happen. I will be surprised if that game isn't over by halftime. xlolxxnonox

Big Dawg
November 13th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Shock the world??? That won't happen. I will be surprised if that game isn't over by halftime. xlolxxnonox

I remember when SCSU beat a 10-1 NCA&T team 49-9 to end the season back in 2003...anything is possible...LOL

Big Dawg
November 13th, 2010, 11:38 PM
LOL, it's official...according to the MEAC's offical twitter page:

"MEAC1970: Watch the MEAC Football title game on ESPN Classic and ESPN3.com on Nov. 20 at 2:30 p.m. ET"

bigchocolate
November 13th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I remember when SCSU beat a 10-1 NCA&T team 49-9 to end the season back in 2003...anything is possible...LOL

SC owns the aggies ....our worst teams across the last decade have handled the aggies. It won't be closexsmhx

iceman4221
November 14th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Bookmark this one!!! Check!!!

inpsite1919
November 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM
The MEAC is full of Ish how can you advertise this as the MEAC Title Game. So When SCSU wins in Raggie Aggie Land, & If BCU does slip up to FAMU. How is that going to look when they still hand over the title to BCU. Shaking my head any thing to sell additional tickets

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2010, 01:41 PM
The MEAC is full of Ish how can you advertise this as the MEAC Title Game. So When SCSU wins in Raggie Aggie Land, & If BCU does slip up to FAMU. How is that going to look when they still hand over the title to BCU. Shaking my head any thing to sell additional tickets

Actually it's pretty smart on their part(which is new)...this is the biggest MEAC game of the year every year. When you have a nationally televised game in which 60,000-70,000 people are gonna be in the stadium AND it's a rivalry, you've gotta hype it.

Besides it is for the MEAC Title...if BCU wins, they win the title outright...if FAMU wins, we claim a share of the title.

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
THE FLORIDA CLASSIC WEBSITE (http://floridaclassic.org/)

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Actually it's pretty smart on their part(which is new)...this is the biggest MEAC game of the year every year. When you have a nationally televised game in which 60,000-70,000 people are gonna be in the stadium AND it's a rivalry, you've gotta hype it.

Besides it is for the MEAC Title...if BCU wins, they win the title outright...if FAMU wins, we claim a share of the title.

And SC State has no shot at the MEAC AQ.

inpsite1919
November 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
But if FAMU wins & SCSU does what they are supposed to then they also have a share of the Title, so what's your point. It's still not a championship game. If it makes you smile ok believe it is SMH.

DSUrocks07
November 14th, 2010, 07:05 PM

No xrotatehx on my part, that's exactly the situation. If BCU wins they're MEAC champs, if FAMU wins they're MEAC champs. That's why I worded the title the way I did. xnodx

inpsite1919
November 14th, 2010, 07:29 PM

If you remember that then you must remember that SCSU had a winning record going into that game anf was trying to get a At Large Bid. Same situation this year except A&T's record is flipped. So A&T will get a more focused Bulldog Squad this year trying to get noticed. ( Lord please let Malcom play decent)

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2010, 07:40 PM
But if FAMU wins & SCSU does what they are supposed to then they also have a share of the Title, so what's your point. It's still not a championship game. If it makes you smile ok believe it is SMH.

As it has been discussed over and over again on on the MEACFansZone board, if the scenario you described occurs, Bethune-Cookman would win the 3 way tie-breaker and the Auto-Bid.

SC State is playing for an At-Large bid, which it is in a good position to earn.

Big Dawg
November 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Could be a low scoring game in Orlando this year.

FAMU has given up an average of 14.4 points per game to MEAC squads while BCU has given up an average of 16.9 points per game to MEAC teams.

Humble Steward
November 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I just hope we can keep the score down this yearxsmiley_wix.

Big Dawg
November 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I just hope we can keep the score down this yearxsmiley_wix.

Don't worry...we'll make sure that happens...LOL

WestCoastAggie
November 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Is the Rust Bowl sold out yet?

inpsite1919
November 17th, 2010, 07:07 PM
As it has been discussed over and over again on on the MEACFansZone board, if the scenario you described occurs, Bethune-Cookman would win the 3 way tie-breaker and the Auto-Bid.

SC State is playing for an At-Large bid, which it is in a good position to earn.
If you were reading the thread I said that they were playing for a at large bid. What can I expect you are a Aggie

inpsite1919
November 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM

SCSU 48 NC A&T 3 Current Score BCU 27 FAMU 31. Looks LIKE 3 Co Champions. And before anyone one says it yes I know BCU gets the AQ regardless, but a seed No Way