PDA

View Full Version : Are there any requirements for a team to be considered for an at-large bid?

GSU Eagle
November 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I know the 7 DI wins thing is not a "requirement" .However, it is written that any team without 7 DI wins puts inself in jeopardy of not being considered.

So other than that . . . . . Is there a requirement that a team is in a top 25 poll or at least at some point in the computer rankings?

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Look at the GPI rankings. That's really the ultimate indicator. Just delete the AQ teams from the rankings, and you more or less have a list of the at-large teams in most given years.

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 09:12 PM
If Georgia Southern wins next week... they'd be #4 or #5 on my 'First Five Out'...

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
If Georgia Southern wins next week... they'd be #4 or #5 on my 'First Five Out'...

TT, do you have NDSU having a bye and hosting in the 2nd round?? Or do we have to win next week to get that??

GSU Eagle
November 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
There is considerable sentiment around the Ga. Southern program that a win next week which would put us at 7-4 would get us in the playoffs. I believe a Chatt. loss to Wofford would help our cause as then we would be the #3 team from the SoCon.

At least we are in the discussion at this point which is an improvement over the last few years.

UNI Pike
November 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Bisonator - You have to win the MSU game to have a crack at the first week bye. Mass chaos in CAA today helps your cause.

If you lose, hope you kept a couple of the SDSU players' feet.

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 09:19 PM
TT, do you have NDSU having a bye and hosting in the 2nd round?? Or do we have to win next week to get that??

NDSU going on the road in the second round... sorry fellas, geography! Full playoff prognostications to come soon...

There is considerable sentiment around the Ga. Southern program that a win next week which would put us at 7-4 would get us in the playoffs. I believe a Chatt. loss to Wofford would help our cause as then we would be the #3 team from the SoCon.

Chatty is on the outside looking in per my prognostications too...

UNI Pike
November 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
NDSU could put together a strong bid - I don't think they are traveling first game if they get in, unless it is it to MT.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
NDSU could put together a strong bid - I don't think they are traveling first game if they get in, unless it is it to MT.

Our AD said he felt comfortable outbidding any team not named Montana. Of course we can't outbid a seed but if got a bye we wouldn't play a seeded team.

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Our AD said he felt comfortable outbidding any team not named Montana. Of course we can't outbid a seed but if got a bye we wouldn't play a seeded team.

The #5 seed does not play a first round winner... the top five are seeded per NCAA rule book.

UNI Pike
November 13th, 2010, 09:29 PM
What does NDSU charge for a single game ticket?

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM

$15 is the cheapest. That's GA. Not counting the hundreds in TeamMaker donations you need for the right to thousands of seats, it's $25 per game, I think. (Again, not counting hundreds of dollars more)

FargoBison
November 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM

$15 upper endzone
$18 lower endzone
$25 sideline

UNI Pike
November 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Probably not an issue for NDSU, but NCAA does not allow playoff tickets to be any cheaper than normal price during season. I know that MT charges a hefty amount.

MT, APPY ST, DE are locks for home games unless playing a higher seed. NDSU & UNI probably one notch below those three.