wapiti
November 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM
In Missoula this year.

Let the discussion begin!

The first game was 1897.

This game will be the 110th.

clawman
November 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Interesting scenario in the BS. If Eastern beats Idaho State and MSU beat the Griz (big if), MSU gets auto birth from the BSC. But!!, the Eagles are higher ranked than the Bobcats, who gets the better seed?

wapiti
November 13th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Interesting scenario in the BS. If Eastern beats Idaho State and MSU beat the Griz (big if), MSU gets auto birth from the BSC. But!!, the Eagles are higher ranked than the Bobcats, who gets the better seed?

EWU @ ISU is a trap game for EWU and I agree that MSU winning is a big IF, but this could be a year for the Csts to win one is Missoula. It may come down to who controls turnovers the best.

If the Griz win do they get an invite to the playoffs, and if they lose are they left out?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I don't think ISU is a trap game at all. If anything, SUU was a trap game with the final conference game (with title implications) was/is the following week. We got it done, and will finish strong this upcoming weekend, looking for a seed.

clawman
November 13th, 2010, 09:44 PM
EWU @ ISU is a trap game for EWU and I agree that MSU winning is a big IF, but this could be a year for the Csts to win one is Missoula. It may come down to who controls turnovers the best.

If the Griz win do they get an invite to the playoffs, and if they lose are they left out?

Even at 7-4 (if MSU wins) the Griz have a pretty good shot due to the revenue they can produce.

Catbooster
November 14th, 2010, 12:44 AM

Yes, and yes.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 14th, 2010, 12:51 AM
GO GRIZ! :D You owe us for 2008. ;)

SoCalAg
November 14th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Even at 7-4 (if MSU wins) the Griz have a pretty good shot due to the revenue they can produce.

If Griz lose to Cats, don't the Griz only have 6 D-I wins?

number1debater
November 14th, 2010, 02:38 AM

A 7 DI Griz (8-3) will get in 99.99% for sure. There are maybe, maybe, 2 other only 7 DI win teams with a better resume. If they lose I would say there is a 15% chance of the Griz getting in. There will probably be 1 6 DI win team, but I would think it would be a caa team. Griz revenue helps though.

EdubAlum
November 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm a huge Griz fan this week!

CopperCat
November 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm a huge Griz fan this week!

Hop on the bandwagon, there's plenty of room given the griz's performance this year.

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Have Montana St #1 in my poll for the second straight week. Should be a great game.

SideLine Shooter
November 14th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Do it Griz. "Just Do It."

Chi Panther
November 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM
In Missoula this year.

Let the discussion begin!

The first game was 1897.

This game will be the 110th.

AWESOME RIVALRY!!!!

Walkon79
November 14th, 2010, 03:44 PM

If both the Cats and Eagles finish @ 9-2, I would be very surprised if the Cats don't get the seed over the Eag's. (Assuming a seed comes the BSC's way). The Cats would then have the AQ and the head-to-head win on their resume.

Rankings shouldn't factor into seeding at all and if it does I'd be very disappointed in the committee. The only reason EWU is ranked higher at this point is the timing of their last loss. Thats it.

Getting WAY ahead of myself, as I'm sure many Griz and Eag posters will point out as soon as I click "Post Quick Reply" :)

mtbigdog
November 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry for being debbie downer, but its the cats turn to win this year. Its like feeling sorry for your little sister who never gets out of the house! Hope I'm wrong but not looking like playoff caliber team this year.

wapiti
November 14th, 2010, 06:11 PM
I don't think ISU is a trap game at all. If anything, SUU was a trap game with the final conference game (with title implications) was/is the following week. We got it done, and will finish strong this upcoming weekend, looking for a seed.

It's a trap game in that EWU has already earned a playoff spot no matter the outcome of this last game. What's at stake for EWU is a seed or at least a first round bye. EWU may be preparing for playoff's more than preparing for ISU, in that they may rest a bit too much or may play 2nd stringers more than normal for this game.

dudeitsaid
November 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
There are maybe, maybe, 2 other only 7 DI win teams with a better resume.

What is so good about the Griz resume? The only way their resume will have anything worth noting is if they beat MSU.

100%GRIZ
November 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
By the way it is GRIZ/cat 2010!

Bobcat in NC
November 14th, 2010, 11:17 PM
By the way it is GRIZ/cat 2010!

It isn't, and it never has been.

Now that we that out of the way, Saturday should be fun to watch...as usual. This is the first year in a while I can remember opinions being so evenly split on the favorite.

The Griz have the home field, excellent receivers, a great RB (if Chase plays like he did last week), a very solid secondary and are playing for their playoff lives. They also have a very inconsistent QB and a banged up front 7.

The Cats have a stable of weapons at receiver, a defense that's finally getting healthy, multiple very good options at RB and...oh, yeah...can't forget the best freshman in the country calling the signals. They also have a little trouble hanging onto the football (to be generous).

All the ingredients for a classic. Now, let's just hope it turns out that way...and that the Cats win by 10. If they don't put the ball on the ground 5 times, that's exactly what I think will happen. If the MSU fumblitis continues... xbangx

EdubAlum
November 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
The Big Sky title is still on the line even if EWU has clinched a playoff spot.

srgrizizen
November 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
MSU should be a clear favorite. If North Dakota had had a QB, they would have given the Griz fits, and MSU finally does. If UM pulls it out, they deserve a bid, if not, why bother?

HandoEX
November 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Good luck to both teams, with a haaaaaaaair more luck to the Cats.

Squealofthepig
November 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Should be a chilly one! From the Missoulian on Saturday's weather in Missoula:

And then for the weekend, an arctic cold front should settle over the area. Temperatures Saturday could be in the 20s for highs and single digits for lows.

CopperCat
November 16th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Should be a chilly one! From the Missoulian on Saturday's weather in Missoula:

I recall the last time an arctic storm front came through fizzoula on CAT-griz week the result favored the boys from the eastern side of the continental divide.

leatherneck177
November 16th, 2010, 09:33 AM

How many D-I wins would they have at 7-4?

MNBISON
November 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Is this game on TV outside of Montana?

HandoEX
November 16th, 2010, 10:44 AM
How many D-I wins would they have at 7-4?
six

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 16th, 2010, 10:45 AM

I believe Altitude will be showing the game, so if you have the Altitude channel you will be able to enjoy the Brawl.

100%GRIZ
November 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM

or go to montanagrizzlies.com for satelite parties throughout the country!

nmatsen
November 16th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I hope the Cats win, pick up the 4th seed, and have the Panthers come to town in the quarters. I am sick of playing the CAA (our last 5 playoff games have been against the CAA) and before some Deleware douche jumps in, we do have a winning record.

kmax
November 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM

The Cat-Griz football game, played in Missoula on Saturday, Nov. 20, will be available on DirecTV and Dish Network for fans within Altitude Sports & Entertainment’s 10-state broadcast area. The game, which kicks off at noon (MT), will air on DirecTV channel 680 and Dish Network channel 445 for viewers who currently have access to Altitude on DirecTV channel 681 and Dish Network channel 410.

Fans outside of Altitude’s 10-state broadcast area will need to purchase DirecTV or Dish Network’s regional sports package. DirecTV channel 680 and Dish Network channel 445 are alternate sports channels. The game is not being broadcast on Altitude.

clawman
November 16th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I recall the last time an arctic storm front came through fizzoula on CAT-griz week the result favored the boys from the eastern side of the continental divide.

Now most of those guys are from the sun belt

CopperCat
November 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Now most of those guys are from the sun belt

What's your point?

wapiti
November 17th, 2010, 09:25 AM
The Griz have no chance at a Big Sky title this year. Even if EWU loses and UM wins, EWU would win the tie breaker and be champion.

srgrizizen
November 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM
The Griz have no chance at a Big Sky title this year. Even if EWU loses and UM wins, EWU would win the tie breaker and be champion.

I may be wrong, but I believe the tie breaker would pertain only to who gets the automatic bid. All three, MSU, UM and EW would officially be co-champions. I think it has happened that way in the past.

Poly's Brutality
November 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the TV info - this IS a game to watch.

The Cat-Griz football game, played in Missoula on Saturday, Nov. 20, will be available on DirecTV and Dish Network for fans within Altitude Sports & Entertainment’s 10-state broadcast area. The game, which kicks off at noon (MT), will air on DirecTV channel 680 and Dish Network channel 445 for viewers who currently have access to Altitude on DirecTV channel 681 and Dish Network channel 410.

Fans outside of Altitude’s 10-state broadcast area will need to purchase DirecTV or Dish Network’s regional sports package. DirecTV channel 680 and Dish Network channel 445 are alternate sports channels. The game is not being broadcast on Altitude.

Catbooster
November 17th, 2010, 05:21 PM
or if you want to find a bar that's showing it: http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

wapiti
November 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM
MSU 32 UM 19

GaSouthern
November 18th, 2010, 03:28 PM
This will be the first season i've ever pulled against the Griz in the brawl. I need the catz to win and GSU to win to reduce the amount of bubble teams for the playoffs, nothing personal Grizzers.

TypicalTribe
November 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM
It's a trap game in that EWU has already earned a playoff spot no matter the outcome of this last game. What's at stake for EWU is a seed or at least a first round bye. EWU may be preparing for playoff's more than preparing for ISU, in that they may rest a bit too much or may play 2nd stringers more than normal for this game.

Might have been possible in the past, but no reason to rest when a win means a week off anyway. Can't imagine a letdown with a conference title and a possible seed on the line.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Might have been possible in the past, but no reason to rest when a win means a week off anyway. Can't imagine a letdown with a conference title and a possible seed on the line.

Beau Baldwin knows how to keep the team focused. We will be ready.

"We can't be fooled by Idaho State's record," explained Baldwin, "because they went to overtime against Montana State a couple of weeks ago, and last year nearly beat a Montana team that went all the way to the national championship game. They had nearly the same kind of year as they are having now. We are in for a tough game against a tough opponent regardless of who it is."

I've also heard from some of the players, and they aren't looking past ISU... they know what's on the line.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2010, 01:52 AM
If both the Cats and Eagles finish @ 9-2, I would be very surprised if the Cats don't get the seed over the Eag's. (Assuming a seed comes the BSC's way). The Cats would then have the AQ and the head-to-head win on their resume.

Rankings shouldn't factor into seeding at all and if it does I'd be very disappointed in the committee. The only reason EWU is ranked higher at this point is the timing of their last loss. Thats it.

Getting WAY ahead of myself, as I'm sure many Griz and Eag posters will point out as soon as I click "Post Quick Reply" :)

Yes, same record overall and in the BSC, and MSU owns the head to head. The committee will look at the resumes of all the top teams to see who is the best and deserves a seed. My breakdown:

http://s3.postimage.org/yaeyj1xun/EWU_MSU.png

I think if MSU puts up a convincing win over UM in Missoula, they get it. If not, I think they'll give it to EWU. Who knows what will happen with the other top teams this weekend... we both might get seeds.

CopperCat
November 19th, 2010, 04:27 AM
This will be the first season i've ever pulled against the Griz in the brawl. I need the catz to win and GSU to win to reduce the amount of bubble teams for the playoffs, nothing personal Grizzers.

Believe me, it's personal.

wapiti
November 19th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Griz in crisis!!!!!
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/article_03d7488e-f379-11df-b716-001cc4c03286.html

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Good article in the Missoulian (UM's hometown paper). We have smokejumpers that always land on the field in the pre-game, and one of them is a former Bobcat (Tim Hansen), who will parachute into Griz stadium in Bobcat blue.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_6aebeec8-f39f-11df-bf0b-001cc4c002e0.html

Also, the kaimin has a more Griz-centric read up if you need to kill an hour and a half:

http://gamedaykaimin.com/2010/11/19/gameday-montana-vs-montana-state/#more-299

Walkon79
November 19th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Is it time to start tailgating yet???

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Heck, we dedicated a plane today at the airport, so I should say so! :)

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Will anyone sleep in Montana tonight?

Walkon79
November 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Well okay then. We're going to the Cottonwood Inn and start tonight. 420 miles from Missoula, but it's the thought that counts. Good luck to both teams, but especially the blue and gold!!!

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2010, 05:45 PM
For any Cats fans traveling to Missoula - we're under five feet of snow! Stay home and be safe!!!

Just kidding. There's a nice dusting of snow on Mt. Sentinel and Mt Jumbo, but the valley is clear. If you're staying anywhere up a bit (like if you have friends up towards the Rattlesnake), be careful, but I90 shouldn't give you any issues. Looks to be cold with a few smattering flurries through the night, but no real accumulation.

MightyMightyGriz
November 20th, 2010, 09:41 AM
EWU obviously got the pitty vote to be ranked where they are today. MSU has played better and deserves more credit than that. (that hurt to say). EWU has proved no dominance in the BIG SKY with blowouts except for their game against portland st. To be ranked #3 over #8 MSU is completely absurd. 30-7 EWU loss to MSU. Sure hope EWU can hold out against ISU today. Cockyness can bite ya where the good lord split ya!

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Dress warm, friends - wind chill advisory, with lots of gusty winds through Hellgate Canyon; several sites are saying potential wind chills of -20 to -30 degrees. A bit breezy at the moment, wind chill is about 4. Perfect football weather. :)

profisme
November 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Dress warm, friends - wind chill advisory, with lots of gusty winds through Hellgate Canyon; several sites are saying potential wind chills of -20 to -30 degrees. A bit breezy at the moment, wind chill is about 4. Perfect football weather. :)

Hope your Texas boys are ready for this... wait those are my Texas boys. Crap, I guess if you hear the same thing over and over and over again for 2 weeks you can't help but repeat it. What I meant to say is I hope your Cali boys are ready for that. I don't think that weather will have a larger effect on one team over the other. Here's to a great game (just a little greater for my Cats).

R3TRO
November 20th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Is there a video feed for this game?

R3TRO
November 20th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Not much defense being played in this game.

R3TRO
November 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Now there's not much offense. This game is weird. I assume the conditions have something to do with it.

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
nice season Montana...the BSC and playoff run had to end some time. best of luck next year!

R3TRO
November 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Montana in line to lose. Not getting to 7 D-1 wins, they shouldn't make the field.

appstate38
November 20th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Griz go down 21-16 Final....

Are they watching the playoffs this year?

Pantherpower
November 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Send them to CF. If we can get qb Rennie back, I like our chances.

putter
November 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Griz go down 21-16 Final....

Are they watching the playoffs this year?

I can't imagine them getting in. Griz 3 turnovers (2 fumbles inside the 5 yard line)

I Bleed Purple
November 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Big Sky is a good league this year. Be a shame to only have two teams represent. Weber, Sac (probably), and UM all stuck at 6 D-I wins.

mtbigdog
November 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Congratulations to the cats.It's about time. Today the Grizzlies beat themselves, and deserved to lose.Montana is done for the season, now its time for us to cry and whine amongst ourselves,point fingers and blame others. Hopefully the rest of griz nation has been humbled and gets rid of its undo arrogance. Maybe next year

CopperCat
November 21st, 2010, 03:34 AM
So what I'm seeing more of in this thread is "will UM make the field?" WHO CARES!!!!! MSU WENT TO THEIR HOUSE AND TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS!!!!! BSC Champs baby!!!!!! Give the boys in Blue and Gold some credit!!!!!!

mtbigdog
November 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
That is the point of the thread.If the kitties barely beat the Griz{with lots of help from the Griz} how bad will they choke in the first round?

mtbigdog
November 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Oh and by the way, congratulations on your win!

MightyMightyGriz
November 21st, 2010, 10:11 AM
so right mtbigdog, watching that game, griz gave the W to the kitties on the 2 fumbles in the red zone 2nd half. had chase and kemp kept the ball, MSU would not have been victorious. MSU will not make it past their first play off game. Wish them well but don't see a championship in their league. Luck has been on their side for this year, they used it up yesterday in Washington Grizzly Stadium. IT WAS LUCK FOR THE KITTIES!

profisme
November 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
so right mtbigdog, watching that game, griz gave the W to the kitties on the 2 fumbles in the red zone 2nd half. had chase and kemp kept the ball, MSU would not have been victorious. MSU will not make it past their first play off game. Wish them well but don't see a championship in their league. Luck has been on their side for this year, they used it up yesterday in Washington Grizzly Stadium. IT WAS LUCK FOR THE KITTIES!

That is a pretty sour grapes response. You lost. Deal with it. The Bobcats were the better team yesterday. Chase Reynolds was the best player on the field yesterday, but the Cats were the better team.

MightyMightyGriz
November 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=profisme;1587304]That is a pretty sour grapes response. You lost. Deal with it. The Bobcats were the better team yesterday. Chase Reynolds was the best player on the field yesterday, but the Cats were the better team.[/QUOTE

I saw no grapes. Just obvious luck!

Go Cats
November 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM
you saw no grapes because you were drinking them away in your loss!
[QUOTE=profisme;1587304]That is a pretty sour grapes response. You lost. Deal with it. The Bobcats were the better team yesterday. Chase Reynolds was the best player on the field yesterday, but the Cats were the better team.[/QUOTE

I saw no grapes. Just obvious luck!

profisme
November 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
Since when is hitting a guy and forcing a fumble lucky? Shouldn't that be what an effective defense does? I'm sorry that you don't have any more football to look forward to this year as a Griz fan. The Bobcats played a much more disciplined game than the Griz. It took a lot of "luck" just for the Griz to get where they were this year. You got some breaks and didn't get others.