PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Wraps Up Outright Patriot League Title

LUHawker
November 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
It didn't happen in glamorous fashion, but Lehigh secured its first outright title since 2001 and punched it's ticket for the playoffs with a 24-7 win over Georgetown. It's been 6 years since Lehigh has been in the post-season, so this is a long-time coming and can be made even sweeter with a win over arch-rival Lafayette next week. Records can be thrown out when these two meet, but 8-2 Lehigh should be favored against 2-8 Lafayette, which hasn't really shown much spark this year, but for a surprising victory over potentially playoff-bound Stony Brook.

Great job by Lehigh to sharply improve after a lackluster 2-2 start. With a victory next week, Lehigh probably has a 65+% chance to host a game after Thanksgiving.

aceinthehole
November 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Congrats to LU.

I hope RMU gets to make the in-state trip to the Valley in the playoffs.

Fordham
November 13th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Congrats Engineers!! Well done. Regardless of how things turn out next week I hope they represent the PL well in the playoffs.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
OK you won. Whatever. It's now officially Lafayette-Lehigh week.

AGS Mods: There will be smack here this week. Lots of it. It will be good-natured even though it won't seem that way given the language used. We're better at this, and we've been doing it a lot longer. Pard or Engineer fans observing any attempt by the AGS mods to move Lafayette-Lehigh posts to the smack board this week should report it at once to the Lafayette board or Lehigh board administrators.

You brown-panted fountain pigeons will lose next weekend. Bank on it.

EDIT - if you idiots crumble in the first round of the playoffs and thereby embarrass the rest of us, I'm going to blow up your poor excuse for a stadium (or at least your half-assed scoreboard, depending on how much ammonium nitrate I can get the sophomores to manufacture in the lab).

BlueHenSinfonian
November 13th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Congratulations Lehigh, I hope we see you in Newark in a few weeks.

Nebuta
November 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats Lehigh. Well deserved.

Sam
November 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Good luck in post play. Make the patriot league proud....xbowx

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
And back at unnamed MSF, the free fall continues. Next week, Marist is primed for the upset.

kardplayer
November 13th, 2010, 09:47 PM
OK you won. Whatever. It's now officially Lafayette-Lehigh week.

AGS Mods: There will be smack here this week. Lots of it. It will be good-natured even though it won't seem that way given the language used. We're better at this, and we've been doing it a lot longer. Pard or Engineer fans observing any attempt by the AGS mods to move Lafayette-Lehigh posts to the smack board this week should report it at once to the Lafayette board or Lehigh board administrators.

You brown-panted fountain pigeons will lose next weekend. Bank on it.

EDIT - if you idiots crumble in the first round of the playoffs and thereby embarrass the rest of us, I'm going to blow up your poor excuse for a stadium (or at least your half-assed scoreboard, depending on how much ammonium nitrate I can get the sophomores to manufacture in the lab).

Bring it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Bring it.

I'm going jihad. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

TheValleyRaider
November 13th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Congrats Hawks xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

It would appear I was proven quite wrong about their chances this season. These things happen. We'll be waiting on the frozen tundra next year ;)

ngineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I'm going jihad. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Unfortunately, we have the WMD and you're using a pea shooter. Frank better have the black unis ready, otherwise his puddytats will be running out of their inflated pussyhead into Fisher Field wearing brown pants!

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 10:45 PM
wearing brown pants

Umm . . . do what you do best.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Just seeing how the new avatar looks xcoolx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Nice. Like mine? ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 14th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Nice. Like mine? ;)

Nice and clean. The glare after the game was brutal and my camera isn't exactly killer. I'm going to see if i got something better. What a fantastic day in DC though! The weather was awesome!

'Gate93
November 14th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Congrats to Lehigh! Didn't want to see HC win back-2-back titles. Make some noise in the playoffs.

RichH2
November 14th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Gee Bogie, .... and you couldn't get admitted to your safety school. A shame tsk...tsk.

Admit I dislike 8-2 vs 2-8 as too may times those games have wound up as upsets. See pards relocated their qb. Not to worry tho, Tavani will take him out of the game by half time.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Gee Bogie, .... and you couldn't get admitted to your safety school.

Lehigh was the first college acceptance letter I received.

I'm just here to rain on your self-congratulatory parade. Besides, in football, as in all PL sports, the final season game between Lafayette and Lehigh is supposed to decide the championship. Never mind those also-ran schools that populate the rest of the league, whose names I really cannot recall.

You guys just didn't keep up your end of the bargain.

ColgateTD
November 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Congrats to the Engineers! Now, do something in the playoffs and make us proud! (I should remind you: Colgate still leads the PL in every offensive category)...:)

Go...gate
November 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Congratulations to Lehigh. Well done.

DFW HOYA
November 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Thums down to the Lehigh Valley press coverage of the game. The recaps were all about the coronation--who was that team they played, anyway?

No one seems to be pointing out that Georgetown is in a free fall and its odd offensive calls were tailor-made to a Lehigh team needing a boost. Of course, commenting on the other team doesn't matter, right? All is well in the PL if Lehigh or Lafayette gets its perfunctory one round in the playoffs...never mind what's going on in Washington.

Sam
November 14th, 2010, 04:27 PM
We care what goes on in Washington? But you need to get it together and take the step for scholarships and increase Gtown performance. I am a Colgate fan but I want all of the teams to be successful. I wish Lehigh success . I have no hard feelings if we can't do it on the field, its time to move on.... Next year for us!xbangx

DFW HOYA
November 14th, 2010, 06:45 PM
We care what goes on in Washington? But you need to get it together and take the step for scholarships and increase Gtown performance.

To paraphrase Jim Mora, "Scholarships? Scholarships?"

There's no money for it. Next topic...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Thums down to the Lehigh Valley press coverage of the game. The recaps were all about the coronation--who was that team they played, anyway?

No one seems to be pointing out that Georgetown is in a free fall and its odd offensive calls were tailor-made to a Lehigh team needing a boost. Of course, commenting on the other team doesn't matter, right? All is well in the PL if Lehigh or Lafayette gets its perfunctory one round in the playoffs...never mind what's going on in Washington.

Read my recap (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/lehigh-24-georgetown-7-final.html), I gave your defense serious props. As for that 45 yard FG attempt... and that 4th-and-go-for-it in your own territory... what was Kelly thinking?

ngineer
November 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I can only think he wasn't, but was looking for some kind of spark. The FG, if made, gives them a 4 point lead; if they make the fourth down it creates momentum. He was playing high risk and probably figured he needed to take his chances in those spots to have a shot at the upset.

DFW HOYA
November 15th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Read my recap (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/lehigh-24-georgetown-7-final.html), I gave your defense serious props. As for that 45 yard FG attempt... and that 4th-and-go-for-it in your own territory... what was Kelly thinking?

That kind of "thinking" has been going on all year, just like calling a flare pass on your 12 yard line in the fourth quarter against Bucknell.

Defense is not the problem with this team and it hasn't been for years.

This week there will be only 15 seniors at Senior Day and another 14 that are still in school but didn't stay with the team.

CFBfan
November 15th, 2010, 12:59 PM
That kind of "thinking" has been going on all year, just like calling a flare pass on your 12 yard line in the fourth quarter against Bucknell.

Defense is not the problem with this team and it hasn't been for years.

This week there will be only 15 seniors at Senior Day and another 14 that are still in school but didn't stay with the team.

No question DFW, the play calling and game management in critical spots have been awful all year. Occassionaly a good result came out of a bad call but not too often!
TIME FOR A NEW COACH!!!