PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls Derailing NWST's SLC Title Hopes?

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Just saw this on KatFans.com...

28-7 Nicholls over Northwestern half way through the 3rd.

Game is at Northwestern State, who could have gotten a share, if not single ownership of the SLC title with wins in their final two games... this one and SFA.

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Nicholls 37-7 Northwestern St - FINAL

With one more game on the docket tonight...

SFA 5-1
McN 4-1
NWST 4-2
SHSU 3-3
UCA 3-3
Nich 2-4
TXST 1-4
SLU 1-5

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Nicholls 37-7 Northwestern St - FINAL

With one more game on the docket tonight...

SFA 5-1
McN 5-1
NWST 4-2
SHSU 3-3
UCA 3-3
Nich 2-4
TXST 1-5
SLU 1-5

So: If SFA beats NW St, they are Southland champions.
If SFA loses and McNeese State wins, McNeese is Southland champion.
If both lose, it goes to the team that was out of the playoffs the longest, which is NW St.

Do I have that right?

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM
If both lose, it goes to the team that was out of the playoffs the longest, which is NW St.

Do I have that right?

Correct... in a three-way tie, longest without playoffs goes (unless they are 2-0 against the teams)

McNeeserocket
November 13th, 2010, 11:07 PM
If both McNeese and SFA win next week, they are Co-Champions of the Southland, but SFA would get auto bid by their win over McNeese.

If both MSU and SFA lose, that means that Northwestern beat SFA, and then MCNeese, SFA and Northwestern are all tied and share the Southland title, but Northwestern would get the auto bid because they have not been to the playoffs in the longest period of time.

If McNeese wins, and SFA loses then McNeese is the lone Southland champ and they get the auto bid. If SFA wins and McNeese loses then SFA is the lone Southland champ and they get auto bid.

So, basically, nothing is setteled at this point. All three are in a must win position and have to wait and see what happens to others.

Hood
November 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
It was a fun game from the opening kick off until the end. I made friends with some nice Demon fans.

McNeeserocket
November 13th, 2010, 11:12 PM

Do I have that right?

Maybe yes maybe no.

If both McNeese and SFA win next week then they share the Conference Title, but SFA would get auto bid because of the head to head win over McNeese.

The only way McNeese gets the auto bid is if they are the lone champions because they cannot win a tie breaker against SFA or Northwestern.

rexreed
November 13th, 2010, 11:52 PM
So if I am reading this correctly: Next week if SHSU defeats TSUSM it means nothing in the SLC hunt?

McNeese75
November 14th, 2010, 12:02 AM
So if I am reading this correctly: Next week if SHSU defeats TSUSM it means nothing in the SLC hunt?

Pretty much, you can stick a fork in the newest member of the WAC.