PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Carries 11-game winning streak into opener

saint0917
May 10th, 2005, 11:13 AM
James Madison might be the defending national champion of Division I-AA football, but you could argue the Dukes will not be carrying the title of the hottest team into the 2005 season......

USA Today Article (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2005-05-09-college-schedules_x.htm)

Ronbo
May 10th, 2005, 11:22 AM
They would be 5-5 if they were in the A-10. :D

LacesOut
May 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Good lord, there are some crazy I-AA schools, playing not one, but two games against D-I schools.

I wonder how far Hahvard would have advances in the playoffs last season.

89Hen
May 10th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Expect double takes from Washington State fans Sept. 17 when the Cougars face Grambling State at Qwest Field in Seattle.

Wasn't somebody else in I-AA supposed to play at Qwest this year? Montana maybe?

colgate13
May 10th, 2005, 01:08 PM
More from the article:

"Colgate gets a chance to add to its 17-game home winning streak right away with games Sept. 3 against Central Connecticut State and Sept. 10 against Massachusetts. The Raiders haven't lost at Andy Kerr Stadium since the 2002 opener against Villanova."

I think we'll see the streak go to 18, but 19 will be really tough.

Marcus Garvey
May 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Not a bad OOC slate for Harvard. Granted, they have 3 PL schools, but 2 of them were playoff teams in '04. It's not likely that Harvard will have 2 playoff teams on their schedule again for quite some time.

putter
May 10th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Expect double takes from Washington State fans Sept. 17 when the Cougars face Grambling State at Qwest Field in Seattle.

Wasn't somebody else in I-AA supposed to play at Qwest this year? Montana maybe?

I don't know of any game we were supposed to play in Seattle but that doesn't men that you don't know something I don't.

LBPop
May 11th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Harvard would have won the national championship. Incontrovertible proof follows:

Victory chain from Harvard to James Madison for 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harvard beat
Brown who beat
Rhode Island who beat
Massachusetts who beat
New Hampshire who beat
Delaware who beat
William & Mary who beat
James Madison

Now, go argue with that evidence...

GannonFan
May 11th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Yup, anytime you have URI included in a chain of evidence you know you really have something special!

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Harvard would have won the national championship. Incontrovertible proof follows:

Why stop there?

Victory chain from Harvard to Michigan for 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harvard beat
Brown who beat
Rhode Island who beat
Massachusetts who beat
New Hampshire who beat
Rutgers who beat
Michigan St. who beat
Wisconsn who beat
Ohio St. who beat
Michigan (the Big 10 co-champs)!

Fordham
May 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM
it'll be interesting to see how this year's Hah-vahd squad compares to last year's group that was clearly head and shoulders above the '03 Colgate team.

;)

colgate13
May 11th, 2005, 02:17 PM
it'll be interesting to see how this year's Hah-vahd squad compares to last year's group that was clearly head and shoulders above the '03 Colgate team.

;)

http://www.neo-modus.com/stuntpeople/films/newimmortal/immortal_makingof_gpuke.jpg

LBPop
May 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Why stop there?

Victory chain from Harvard to Michigan for 2004

Harvard beat
Brown who beat
Rhode Island who beat
Massachusetts who beat
New Hampshire who beat
Rutgers who beat
Michigan St. who beat
Wisconsn who beat
Ohio St. who beat
Michigan (the Big 10 co-champs)!

Yep, you just made the case that Bonarae has been supporting for a while. I think Harvard ought to start scheduling some top I-A's. Maybe than can start with BC and then see how it goes. After a couple of those games and their normal Ivy schedule, they would be softened up nicely for Yale. ;)

Fordham
May 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM
too funny 13!

Mr. C
May 11th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Good lord, there are some crazy I-AA schools, playing not one, but two games against D-I schools.

I wonder how far Hahvard would have advances in the playoffs last season.
Having seen quite a bit of Harvard on film in the past two years, I think I-AA fans would be quite impressed by the Crimson. My thought was that Harvard would have advanced to the quarterfinals, or the semifinals, last year, depending on who they drew. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown his mettle to the NFL guys and I thought Clifton Dawson was the top running back in I-AA last season (he made my Payton Award ballot). Coaches I've talked to about the subject tell me (and what I've seen on film confirms this) that the Ivy League teams have worked on improveing their team speed in recent years. My hunch is that Ralph, who saw them in person last year, might share a similar view. What do you think, Ralphie?

ngineer
May 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM
October 1 will come soon enough

WYOBISONMAN
May 12th, 2005, 09:00 AM
All I can say is come WEST and meet the BISON in the DOME......

th0m
May 12th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Or:

Victory chain from Harvard to Florida for 2004

Harvard beat
Brown who beat
Rhode Island who beat
Massachusetts who beat
New Hampshire who beat
Delaware who beat
William & Mary who beat
James Madison who beat